Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Generator design

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Generator design

    Hi
    what is the theory of generator design and geometry, where you want to minimize or completely avoid effects of BEMF and Lenz's law?

    thanx

  • #2
    good question

    Originally posted by aladinlamp View Post
    Hi
    what is the theory of generator design and geometry, where you want to minimize or completely avoid effects of BEMF and Lenz's law?

    thanx

    Hi aladin and welcome!!!!!
    Bemf is a resistence undesirable WHEN you want to hook it to small devices.
    But,sometimes it's desirable,wen you want big amount of current.
    If you read the other treads,we just want to hook it to some Bedini
    devices to be self powered.
    And again Welcome abord.
    peper10
    Hope die last!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      1.)Mentioning Bedini, from efficiency point of view: is it better to have more coils in series along the shaft( more rotors with magnets on single shaft) - to have bigger torque or to have more coils around the single rotor to have higher RPM ?




      thanx
      Last edited by aladinlamp; 02-20-2008, 10:06 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        What is best?

        Originally posted by aladinlamp View Post
        1.)Mentioning Bedini, from efficiency point of view: is it better to have more coils in series along the shaft( more rotors with magnets on single shaft) - to have bigger torque or to have more coils around the single rotor to have higher RPM ?
        thanx
        Do you have a goal that you are trying to accomplish?

        When I started the project on the SSG ( Simple School Girl ), I wanted to get a free charged battery from my primary charging battery.

        However, I found this is not a simple as it may sound. I found first before I could get anywhere near there I had to first condition the battery, and tune the circuit for the voltage I want.

        I do understand your question, I have the same, I guess before you can pick which generator you want to build you have to define the task that you want to accomplish. I myself am attempting to charge more than one battery to full capacitance from the charge of one battery.

        Now building generators , many good options out there, but can you define for us what your end goal is?

        I often get sidetracked when playing with the generators, but mult battery charge is my goal.
        See my experiments here...
        http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

        You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

        Comment


        • #5
          When you measure your battery charging, how exaclt you calculet it. I used 12v 7.2 AH as primary, same as charging battery, i rotated them, after each cycles i was loosing less than 1% from their combined voltage,

          24.37
          24.24
          24.23
          24.22
          24.15
          24.07
          23.97

          im not sure what it means or how to evaluate it, but i think i can capture back around 50% of electricicty and rotate small hard drive 4 magnet rotor at 1500 RPM

          my goal is to make much bigger device, since with higher voltage and with higher mass the whole device efficiency should go up, and relative circuit losses should go down

          i think thats the problem of small bedini projects, they are small and its tricky to work with, it is good proof of concept but thats it

          i think better way than charging batteries is to loop the output to power the circuit, decresing primary input, and get as much from the shaft power - attaching alternator

          Comment


          • #6
            magnet approach considerations

            Originally posted by aladinlamp View Post
            1.)Mentioning Bedini, from efficiency point of view: is it better to have more coils in series along the shaft( more rotors with magnets on single shaft) - to have bigger torque or to have more coils around the single rotor to have higher RPM ?thanx
            There are big differences in torque depending on how the magnet approaches the coil. One is a small wheel and one is a big wheel.

            Sincerely,
            Aaron Murakami

            Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
            Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
            RPX & MWO http://vril.io

            Comment


            • #7
              Just for the record - smaller is better?
              Like in elias experiments?
              It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

              Comment


              • #8
                Don't get it wrong!!!

                Originally posted by aladinlamp View Post
                When you measure your battery charging, how exaclt you calculet it. I used 12v 7.2 AH as primary, same as charging battery, i rotated them, after each cycles i was loosing less than 1% from their combined voltage,

                24.37
                24.24
                24.23
                24.22
                24.15
                24.07
                23.97

                im not sure what it means or how to evaluate it, but i think i can capture back around 50% of electricicty and rotate small hard drive 4 magnet rotor at 1500 RPM

                my goal is to make much bigger device, since with higher voltage and with higher mass the whole device efficiency should go up, and relative circuit losses should go down

                i think thats the problem of small bedini projects, they are small and its tricky to work with, it is good proof of concept but thats it

                i think better way than charging batteries is to loop the output to power the circuit, decresing primary input, and get as much from the shaft power - attaching alternator
                Mr Bedini as mastered the pulsed systhem.
                We are just a bunch of guy's who EXPERIENCE with stuff.
                I'm 100% sure that Mr Bedini ad try this before,but that's not he release to
                us!!!!
                By EXPERIENCING,we don't reinvent theWHEEL!!! If you know what i mean?
                For 1000 try,you can expect 2% of new discovery.The rest is LEARNING from
                trying to understand WHAT GOES WRONG.
                Keep trying new things because,(if Cristophe Colomb never attempt to go
                accros the atlantic,there's no way he can discover new country).
                If you need infos just ask.There plenty of guys who can give you an ansewr
                or pointed you where to look...


                peper10
                Hope die last!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  magnet approach and rotor size

                  Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
                  Just for the record - smaller is better?
                  Like in elias experiments?
                  It makes sense what Elias is saying...the simple way I understand his explanation is that if you're on a merry go round, the speed and torque increase if I were to move towards the middle of the merry go round. Moving the mass more toward the middle.

                  But with the magnet approach, which doesn't apply to Peter's attraction motor concepts directly, the flatter and more parallel the magnet is to the coil/core, the stronger the attraction/repulsion, so in this case, a bigger rotor will allow the magnet to approach the flattest in relation to the coil/core.
                  Sincerely,
                  Aaron Murakami

                  Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                  Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                  RPX & MWO http://vril.io

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good example Aaron

                    Hi Guys,

                    That's a good example Aaron.I had learned this information when I used to be involved in bowling and if you were one of the advanced bowlers you would have more than one bowling ball because it is beneficial to have balls drilled differently for different lane oil conditions and also the core material or the heavier mass being closer to the CG of the ball can play a part in how the ball rolls eg. low cg and the ball rolls faster whereas high cg the ball rolls slower.So I guess the jist of the story is that you learn things sometimes from our everyday lives that may not seem to be all that important at the time but may be beneficial somewhere down the road.Thx for the example Aaron .


                    -gmeat
                    Last edited by gmeat; 02-29-2008, 08:10 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                      There are big differences in torque depending on how the magnet approaches the coil. One is a small wheel and one is a big wheel.

                      This seems interesting for generator design, I think that the picture on the right, where the magnet approaches the coil core, almost tangentially puts less drag on the rotor, so it might be better for generator design. It might even get over-unity, who knows. Tho goal is to decrease the motoring capability of the generator or even eliminate it, as peter has eliminated the generating capability of the electric motor with his design.
                      Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
                      http://blog.hexaheart.org

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        rotor torque

                        My SG's with the lower RPM are always the biggest diameter and have the most torque.

                        The ones with most torque have more mass so flywheel effect PLUS magnet approach is like the one on the right side in the comparison diagram.
                        Sincerely,
                        Aaron Murakami

                        Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                        Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                        RPX & MWO http://vril.io

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          More torque but less RPM

                          Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                          My SG's with the lower RPM are always the biggest diameter and have the most torque.

                          The ones with most torque have more mass so flywheel effect PLUS magnet approach is like the one on the right side in the comparison diagram.

                          Aaron,

                          You are right larger diameter rotors produce more torque, but less RPM, and smaller ones produce less torque and more RPM, but I think that the overall energy of the smaller rotor is more than the larger rotors, and this can be verified by converting the higher RPM to a lower RPM by using gears and comparing the result.

                          Elias
                          Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
                          http://blog.hexaheart.org

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            though if the angle the magnet approaches is so important why don't we make our rotors so that the magnets are always parralel to the coils? I mean instead of the norths pointing away from the axle, have them sideways so that the north is on one side of the rotor and the south is on the other. then place the coils on the north side of the rotor. Like John's motor on EFTV with the timing wheel where he is demonstrating how little energy it requires to start the motor...
                            Last edited by Sephiroth; 02-21-2008, 02:48 PM.
                            "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

                            I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.
                            Nikola Tesla

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                              though if the angle the magnet approaches is so important why don't we make our rotors so that the magnets are always parralel to the coils? I mean instead of the norths pointing away from the axle, have them sideways so that the north is on one side of the rotor and the south is on the other. then place the coils on the north side of the rotor. Like John's motor on EFTV with the timing wheel where he is demonstrating how little energy it requires to start the motor...
                              A good idea, I think that it would be better to place them at an angle of 45 degrees, of course depending on the size of the rotor.
                              Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
                              http://blog.hexaheart.org

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X