Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetic Fuel Savers

Hello everyone,

Has anyone seen or tried out these magnetic fuel savers, which claim to increase the mileage by about 25%?
    Magnetizer Super Fuel Saver Magnetic Energizer System for Engines
    Amazon.com: SuperGasSaver Magnetic Fuel Treatment Device: Automotive
    They claim that the strong Nd magnets ionize the fuel as it passes through it and makes it burn more efficiently. There has been some criticism on these devices too: eBay.co.uk Guides - Magnetic fuel savers, how to really save money

If it works it is very reasonable to buy, but not sure about it works or not, as magnetic fields "seem" to have no effect on hydro-carbons.

Has anybody got any opinions about these fuel savers?

Elias
    Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
    http://blog.hexaheart.org

fuel line magnets

Recommended: Magnetizer Products

The EPA and/or DOT have tested them and they say they give no "significant" gains... not there there aren't gains but not what they consider significant.

I had a very steady drive when I used to work out of town. I drove the same route at the same speeds and always filled up at the same pump. My car was always getting 38mpg on the hwy. When I put small, round ceramic magnets on the fuel line close to the intake and also (on the rubber hose) further away from the intake, I was getting 43mpg on the hwy. I think they work.

Several years later in the same car, leaving everything as it is, I just started using an additive and was getting up to 43mpg in the city!

Some people lose gas mileage (according to testimonials that I've read) by adding too strong of magnets so even though they get a loss, it shows one thing that the magnetic field must have some effect on hydrocarbons.

Ceramic magnets seem to be the strongest necessary. The ones I used are about 1/4" thick and about the diameter of a dime.

Supposedly they polarize the molecules or like charge them so they repel from each other breaking apart to reduce the flash point...lets the gas atomize better.
    Last edited by Aaron; 02-26-2011, 08:26 AM. Reason: added link
    Sincerely,
    Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
    Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
    RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Buyer Beware

Originally posted by elias View Post
      Hello everyone,

Has anyone seen or tried out these magnetic fuel savers, which claim to increase the mileage by about 25%?
      Magnetizer Super Fuel Saver Magnetic Energizer System for Engines
      Amazon.com: SuperGasSaver Magnetic Fuel Treatment Device: Automotive
      They claim that the strong Nd magnets ionize the fuel as it passes through it and makes it burn more efficiently. There has been some criticism on these devices too: eBay.co.uk Guides - Magnetic fuel savers, how to really save money

If it works it is very reasonable to buy, but not sure about it works or not, as magnetic fields "seem" to have no effect on hydro-carbons.

Has anybody got any opinions about these fuel savers?

Elias
      Elias,

I started playing around with fuel magnetization in 1983, when I lived in Santa Barbara, California and worked with Bruce DePalma. Bruce developed a whole line of devices based on pouring liquids through ring magnets. We did hundreds of experiments, and one company took his ideas and designs and built a multi-million dollar business in the water softening area. Of course, it didn't work on all water, but they made enough money to do some really good science and they found out which dissolved impurities would respond well to the system. Ultimately, they offered to do a free water analysis for any new, potential customer, to see if their water could benefit from the system. After initiating this procedure, they only had 100% satisfied customers, and they went on to make a fortune. Of course, DePalma was cheated and got nothing!

We also did hundreds of experiments on consumable liquids, mainly fruit juices and alcoholic beverages. The effects were nothing less than astonishing. Re-blending the taste of cheap wine was easy, and quite rewarding! (ooooooh yaaaa) In one test, we started with a inexpensive, watery, fruity wine called Manischewitz, poured it through the system three times, and ended up with a thick, syrupy blend that tasted like a fine liquor. Drinking 4 ounces of the stuff gave us a buzz for the rest of the afternoon! 4 ounces of the product right out of the bottle could not do this. The process, which consisted of pouring it through a stack of PM ring magnets about 12 inches tall, (three times) changed the taste and texture of the liquid, as well as changed the character of the alcoholic high.

The moral of this story is that all kinds of things happen when you magnetize liquids that "are not supposed to happen". We could even make "Hawaiian Punch" taste good!

So, does magnetizing fuel increase mileage? It can, IF it is done right. Just placing a magnet on a fuel line is not enough. What we found is this. The fuel must run PARALLEL to the lines of force for a significant distance and exit the NORTH POLE of the system. There may be other configurations that work, but that one does for sure. The benefit was about 10% better mileage. Since you can't "strap on" a ring of permanent magnets around a fuel line without disconnecting and reconnecting the fuel line itself, we never tried to market anything. The strap on units have a simplicity and an appeal like "what do I have to lose?", but I'm sure some systems work better than others. Also, I don't know what magnetic configuration these units use. Magnetizing straight across the fuel N-to-S showed little to no benefit in our tests.

Also, the formula of gasoline changes from season to season and from region to region, so uniform results should not be expected.

The company you linked to has products to magnetize the fuel, the incoming air, and the cooling system. They claim to increase mileage by an average of about 12%. My guess is that the fuel magnetization is mostly responsible for the gains.

The bottom line is...... try it and see if it works! Its a "science experiment". IF it works, its a fuel saver!

Peter
      Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Open System Thermodynamics Perpetual Motion Reality Electric Motor Secrets
      Battery Secrets Magnet Secrets Tesla's Radiant Energy Real Rain Making
      Bedini SG: The Complete Handbook Series Magnetic Energy Secrets

Comment

Thanks, I'll experiment!

Thank you very much Peter and Aaron,
        Peter you really gave an insight on this so I'll ask the details from the dealer. I think 15$ is worth an experiment even it doesn't really have any effect.

Comment

Wrong Attitude

Thank you very much Peter and Aaron,
          Peter you really gave an insight on this so I'll ask the details from the dealer. I think 15$ is worth an experiment even it doesn't really have any effect.
          Elias,

If it "doesn't really have any effect", then it is NOT worth it, and you were CHEATED! Before you spend even $15, try this. Take three of the little ceramic magnets (1 inch by 2 inch) used in SSG systems, and place them on a section of NON-IRON fuel line with all North Poles facing the fuel line. They will try to repel each other, so wrap them on tightly with plastic tape.

This will approximate a system with parallel lines of force with a North Pole exit. You should be able to do this yourself, easily and not have to buy anything else.

This is where a reasonable experiment should begin.

Another configuration that should work even better would be to take 8 of the 1 x 2 ceramic magnets and place two stacks of 4 magnets on each side of the fuel line, with the South Poles facing the fuel tank and the North Poles facing the engine. This approximates the ring magnet arrangement even better, with parallel lines of force running along the fuel line for 2 inches.

Try these experiments and let us know how they work.

Peter
          Last edited by Peter Lindemann; 01-20-2008, 06:57 PM.
          Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Comment

I agree with Peter on this....
            We have looked at almost all possible fuel savers in our quest to leave a positive mark on humanity and our environment and this was one that seemed logical and cost effective to test....
            Unlike Aaron we didn't have any luck with results that we could see, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't work!

Magnetic Water Treatment and Magnetic Fuel Treatment (Skeptical Inquirer January 1998)
            This is a Really decent article on the subject, I think you will find interesting...

RedMeanie
            (psst...Don't Tell Anyone, But I'm Really Not Mean!)

Comment

Very interesting. I was always thinking, that this isn't working at all. Especially since I watched that mythbusters episode about this. But I learned long ago that you can not trust their experiments fully since that screwup with Bedini motor. I decided to try this out, because it would be stupid not to try if you have all you need to test this I used two 1"x1/4" cylinder magnets in series and then duct taped many of such magnets together so that they all have their N pole on the one side and the S pole on the other. It was rather difficult since they respell each other in this configuration. The resulting array of magnets formed a "virtual" ring magnet. I put it around my 2001 year toyota yaris 1.3L motor fuel line so that the N pole is facing the motor. The fuel consumption this far was 12.4 kilometers per liter, I zeroed this out and we will si what this bring us after a week or so
              Thanks

It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

Great!

Jetijs,

This is a good approximation of the "ring magnet" concept. What kind of magnets are your little cylinders? We always used ceramic magnets, as it was possible to "over do" the effect and ruin the results.

Also, your fuel line in this area looks like it is made of neoprene. Are you sure that there is no iron inside.

If the magnets are ceramic and there is no iron in the fuel line in this area, this should be a good test.

Let's hope this shows the kind of results we saw in 1983.

Peter
                Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Comment

Peter,
                  I guess then it's a false alarm, because these magnets are strong neodymium ones and also there is a iron pipe inside that rubber tube. Didn't know that magnets could be too strong. Nevertheless I will leave these magnets on the fuel pipe for a week and see what happens
                  Thank you.

Comment

Not Much

Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
                    Peter,
                    I guess then it's a false alarm, because these magnets are strong neodymium ones and also there is a iron pipe inside that rubber tube. Didn't know that magnets could be too strong. Nevertheless I will leave these magnets on the fuel pipe for a week and see what happens
                    Thank you.
                    Jetijs,

The real problem is the iron fuel line. Putting magnets near the iron pipe will magnetize the pipe, but cannot magnetize the fuel since little to no magnetic flux will penetrate the pipe and get into the fuel.

Both of my cars have fuel injection, which use a high pressure fuel delivery system. I never thought that replacing a section of the fuel line with something non-magnetic was wise, because the two new pipe joints might leak gasoline in the engine compartment and start a fire. NOT GOOD! This is the exact reason I have not pursued this "potential gas saver" more vigorously in the past.

Iron fuel line is standard in the industry now, and may well have been mandated to prevent the fuel magnetizers from working. Automobile engines use very little iron anymore, so it is curious that the fuel line is iron when there are numerous braided plastic tubing materials available that can handle the pressure and are probably cheaper.

Back in 1983 when we were doing the initial testing, low pressure fuel line to the carburetor was neoprene, and putting magnets on the line was simple and effective. I guess "longing for the good ol' days" means I'm getting OLD!

What luck!

Peter
                    Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Comment

Peter,
                      I took another look at that fuel line. I took off some of the rubber cover of the fuel line to see what kind of pipe is inside. Turns out that it is not a iron pipe. The inner pipe is made of a strong, clear plastic. Yesterday I just touched that fuel line and felt something hard underneath the rubber, I thought it was a metal pipe, but it's not . So that is good news. Now the only issue could be that the magnets are too strong. Will see about that in a week
                      Thank you!

Comment

I looked at it closely

Peter,

Thanks, I was on a trip so, I was unable to see your comments, sorry. I thought you meant by experimenting buying and trying it. So I went to the dealer and saw what it looked like in near examination. It looks like the magnets are positioned like the diagram I have attached, and it can be mounted in two configurations, which in the first one the magnets are attracted to each other and in the other one the magnets repel. I bought it because I thought it is only the price of the Nd magnets I am paying for, I payed about 13$ for four powerful Nd magnets with a plastic housing. Which configuration do you recommend me testing? I think that the second one may have a better effect such as it produces super-poles on the fuel line somehow.

Jetjs,

Great work you've done with those magnets, I wanted to buy those Nd magnets to build one of the configurations you have used, but those Nds are so pricey! Each of them was about 7$ or so, so I must have payed about 80$ to buy those magnets. How much did that cost you?

Elias
                        Attached Files

Comment

elias,
                          I think Peter meant that the magnet configuration should be like in my attachment, so that the fuel flows parallel to the magnetic force lines.
                          And I buy all my neo magnets here:
                          Emovendo Magnets & Elements
                          These are the exact magnets I am using on my fuel line now:
                          1/4" x 1" Cylinders :: Cylinders :: Emovendo Magnets & Elements
                          I is the cheapest neodymium magnet store I found so far.
                          Thanks,
                          Jetijs
                          Attached Files

Comment

Testing....1...2...

Peter,

Thanks, I was on a trip so, I was unable to see your comments, sorry. I thought you meant by experimenting buying and trying it. So I went to the dealer and saw what it looked like in near examination. It looks like the magnets are positioned like the diagram I have attached, and it can be mounted in two configurations, which in the first one the magnets are attracted to each other and in the other one the magnets repel. I bought it because I thought it is only the price of the Nd magnets I am paying for, I payed about 13$ for four powerful Nd magnets with a plastic housing. Which configuration do you recommend me testing? I think that the second one may have a better effect such as it produces super-poles on the fuel line somehow.

Jetjs,

Great work you've done with those magnets, I wanted to buy those Nd magnets to build one of the configurations you have used, but those Nds are so pricey! Each of them was about 7$ or so, so I must have payed about 80$ to buy those magnets. How much did that cost you?

Elias
                            Elias,

OK. You took the plunge and made the big investment. So let's see if we can get a mileage increase with this thing.

The first thing to do is to make sure you know the miles per gallon (km/L) your car is getting now, before installing the device. The next thing is to find a section of fuel line near your engine that is a candidate for mounting the magnetizer, and make sure there is no iron in the fuel line there. As stated before, iron fuel line will pretty much negate any magnetism getting into the fuel. A simple test is just take any magnet and see if it is attracted to the fuel line. If not, you're good to go.

Your second configuration looks OK, but if you can move all of the magnets in the plastic case, then trying the configuration Jetijs suggested might work better. The main idea is to take notes and be systematic in your testing. Run a full tank of gas for each configuration you try, and keep notes. Don't be satisfied with your first success! Keep trying different magnetic configurations until there are no more to try. Then, look at your data and see which one gave you the best results. Then, re-insert the best configuration and enjoy your maximum mileage gain..... and let the rest of us know!!!

Good luck,

Peter
                            Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Comment

Ok

I'll test all of the possible configurations on my Proton Wira especially the one you recommended ... and see what happens Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X