Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set Screw

Originally posted by theremart View Post
    I put a rule on it and I measured 1 and 1/8 inch.

According to baldor web sight it is 1.125

http://www.baldor.com/DMS/documents/...3d36LYA003.pdf

So doing my math 1/8 = .125

So 1 and 1/8th inch seems to be the correct diameter.

P.S. How do you normal hold these on? do you drill a holding screw? I have a metal chuck but have never put one of these together.

mart
    Mart,

1.125" sounds like the right dimension. I'll put a set screw in the wheel so you can tighten it down on the shaft. Right now, the biggest problem is that I don't have any drills for my lathe that large. The biggest one I have in my little shop is 1". Right now, i don't have a decent boring bar set, either. Maybe I can get John to help. He has a much bigger shop and 10 times more tools than me. I'll figure something out in the next week.

Peter
    Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Open System Thermodynamics Perpetual Motion Reality Electric Motor Secrets
    Battery Secrets Magnet Secrets Tesla's Radiant Energy Real Rain Making
    Bedini SG: The Complete Handbook Series Magnetic Energy Secrets

Comment

• RE: Rotor

Hi Peter,

Please check your private mail here on this board.

thanks
      See my experiments here...
      http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

• New RV doc is up

Hi All, here is the START of the new format as requested by Peter, great new direction and thanks to mart and peter we should have a presentable respectful document soon.

All the tests are coming and are being added in there, the new out lay states as such too. Plus also i am getting to the existing comps and gonna chop them up into some thing we can digest properly

New videos coming too (minus the CHE shirt )
        goto the Panaceauniversity.org site The RV doc is up.

More to come.

Ash

Comment

• RE: new video

Good deal Ash,

Look forward to your new flick. I also hope we can gather the necessary tools to test the RV torque.

I took a look at my air conditioner and I already found capacitors on it. The video you have of the air conditioner unit was a wall unit, mine is an outdoor one, but I did find a LARGE dust build up on the filter that should greatly increase performance.

I have bought about 20 oil filled ac Caps ( got them for $2.00 a piece ) so, I may try to test out different cap configs on each of the motors. it is at 220V so I guess I am unable to use my killa watt to test voltage but I could use my meter...

Mart

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

• Mart, BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR CAPACITORS SWITCHES, MAKE SURE THEY HAVE A TOLERANCE OR YOU WILL GET ZAPPED(BEMF)

Comment

• RE: capacitors

Originally posted by ashtweth View Post
              Mart, BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR CAPACITORS SWITCHES, MAKE SURE THEY HAVE A TOLERANCE OR YOU WILL GET ZAPPED(BEMF)

Good advice, they are rated at over 660 V Kone says that as long as they are over the rating I should be good.

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

Ive been working on the rotoverter for several months, and entered it in my hometown science fair (i'm 15). It's been going pretty good, ive got 8 times more reactive power from the alternator than i have true power going into the Prime Mover. I heard that by using transformers you can extract or transform this reactive power to true power; but only 2 of the transformers came in, and as it is, i cant extract very much of this power, but i did melt a FWBR, that's encouraging. I'm trying to get this working to the extent of looping it before state science fair.
                Last edited by aadee92; 04-22-2008, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• RE: looping.

Tomorrow I will try to loop the RV... or at least set the stage for it.

I will put an car alternator on the end of the prime mover, and see if it can reach 2000 RPM... If it does it should be able to supply the power to the primary battery. After that replacing that with a capacitor bank should do the trick.

I have tested this on my 2 cycle generator, and it has enough power to run / start the RV. However the noise is a killer.

Need sleep now...

Comment

• Aha, man a 15 year old is trying to loop an RV this is one cool day , i ma gonna show Hector this post, you know we really should also look into Eric Dollards/Peters recommendations as well.

Comment

• RE: adding alternator to RV

Well it was spinning at 3200 RPM today, but I am unable to get it kick in...

I must be not doing something right on wiring it...

Comment

• RE: alternator...

I did some research and i found that I needed a resistor in series with the coil.

Great info found here...
                        Using an Alternator in Renewable Energy Projects

The alternator seems to be TOO much for the rotoverter not enough torque when the coils are engaged.

Mart

Comment

• are there any recommendations to the cap sizes for the schematic that WAS on "theverylastpageoftheinternet.com" They all have a "? mfd" would a 50 mfd work, 100mfd capacitors??

Comment

• Doh double post!
                            Last edited by ashtweth; 04-24-2008, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• Hi aadee and Mart

Okay, first of all that looping Schematic requires allot of tunning and empirical exploration , i have been researching, building and testing the RV for over 4 years and as a result of our open source engineers we have many practical energy saving circuits form it.

Two engineers in particular , Ed and Gene have spent allot of money trying to bring us some results based on that Sch, we are up too resonating the transformers and trying ti match impedances. (its not easy). Also Thanks to peter we have new ideas on how to extract the reactive power.

What you will have to do is READ ALL OF THIS COMPILATION, (4 years in the making) to see where we are up too.
                              http://panacea-bocaf.org/files/Advan...evelopment.pdf

Now, Mart, the RV will run that alternator if you adjust the voltage or Frequency, You need to get a frequency drive to give it more grunt. There are also RLC (which is what you need for looping) Ideas in the compilation mentioned.

Now the start caps vary for each motor, depending on what motor size you have a good rule of thumb is 120uf.thumb is 120uf.

Comment

• Frequency drive.

Ok has anyone ran an alternator before with the RV, if so what size?

Thanks Ash.

mart

Comment

Working...
                                X