Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roto Verter

Hi everyone.

A friend of mine gave me the link to this Vid…I actually met a man in the USA that also was doing work on the exact same thing a few years ago. I did not understand totally how it worked but I did see that it worked. I was very impressed and would really like to know how they wire the motor up to do this. I saw the machine run on milliamps instead of many amps. I also tested the power factor and it was not affected.

RV (RotoVerter) demo

They call it the “Roto Verter”

This is a demonstration of Panacea's Roto Verter device (motor / generator coupling version) in an apartment in Brisbane, Australia.

By clipping the peaks of the wave form using neon switching or diode plug techniques, it may be possible to extract the resonant / excess power shown on the alternator such as replicated by an open source engineer in France.

The neon switch circuits are near completion for this setup.

More information including the circuit diagrams are available at

Home Page

There is also some other links on the site for more vids about the same thing.

I did not find the circuit diagrams yet on there web page…it is berried some where in there webpage and I have not found it yet.

Enjoy

some more info

Hi Karl,

Here is a link to further info on rotoverter circuits:
    Practical Guide to Free-Energy Devices and click on the D2.pdf file under the red text. Inside this pdf file it starts from the bottom of page 19 and onwards.

To understand the claims on this method, You are supposed to know AC circuit theory on reactive power (VAR) that circulates in motor or generator coils which are made to be resonant tank circuits with the so called run capacitor(s). And then you have to find ways to utilize this reactive power, the principle is shown on page 28 and further LOAD SPECIFIC variants on pages 25 or 27 and so on. You always have to match the load to the rotoverter setup to utilize the advantage in resonant circuits and in case you have a changing load you must find means to compensate detuning effects.

Regards
    Gyula

Comment

There is a Device out there that's called a PhaseAble Enabler you can purchase that does the Capacitance switching automatically. It was invented by Dr. Otto Smith and looks very similar to the Rotoverter and is used to run cheaper 3 phase motors off single phase mains effeciently. He has a website: World's Most Efficient and Largest Single-Phase Motor invented by Dr. Otto J. M. Smith

The rotoverter was the idea of Hector Torres and couples (2) 7.5 Hp Baldor motors one so called a Prime Mover and another wired as an alternator. In the rotoverter the 3 phase motor either a 9 lead 230/460 or 12 lead 230/460/575 is wired for single phase 120 and is started by putting a large capacitance across the remainder legs wired in Delta until the motor comes up to speed and then it is switched to a smaller run cap. Hector made his work open source so you can view what he did to those motors.
      In either case the motor is made much more effecient by reducing the rotating magnetic field or so I have read. As for energy COP>1 recovery the circuits I looked at employ putting the alternator in resonance and extracting the excess. The popularity of these is enormous because all you need is off the shelf parts to make it happen. As for tapping the resonance for COP>1 I can think of a cheaper way to do that and not involve big baldor motors and start caps.
      But alas the circuit does improve the effeciency of the motor over normal three phase and single phase motors this it does. I'm keeping an eye on it myself.

Comment

RE: RV motor

Originally posted by Chip Shorter View Post
        There is a Device out there that's called a PhaseAble Enabler you can purchase that does the Capacitance switching automatically. It was invented by Dr. Otto Smith and looks very similar to the Rotoverter and is used to run cheaper 3 phase motors off single phase mains effeciently. He has a website: World's Most Efficient and Largest Single-Phase Motor invented by Dr. Otto J. M. Smith

The rotoverter was the idea of Hector Torres and couples (2) 7.5 Hp Baldor motors one so called a Prime Mover and another wired as an alternator. In the rotoverter the 3 phase motor either a 9 lead 230/460 or 12 lead 230/460/575 is wired for single phase 120 and is started by putting a large capacitance across the remainder legs wired in Delta until the motor comes up to speed and then it is switched to a smaller run cap. Hector made his work open source so you can view what he did to those motors.
        In either case the motor is made much more effecient by reducing the rotating magnetic field or so I have read. As for energy COP>1 recovery the circuits I looked at employ putting the alternator in resonance and extracting the excess. The popularity of these is enormous because all you need is off the shelf parts to make it happen. As for tapping the resonance for COP>1 I can think of a cheaper way to do that and not involve big baldor motors and start caps.
        But alas the circuit does improve the effeciency of the motor over normal three phase and single phase motors this it does. I'm keeping an eye on it myself.
        I have recently got a FREE 3 phase motor that is part of a 1/2 ton hoist. So, I am VERY interested in doing this ( have very little to loose on this )

I am wondering who else has done this?

Eager to find out what off the shelf parts I need...

Mart ( will be looking at the web sites mentioned ).
        See my experiments here...
        http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Pictures of the motor I am considering...

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, will need input.

I have this free motor that was given to me would like to know if it would be better to scrap it or to convert it to be a rotoverter. ( see attached) I am not sure if it is too old to be considered.

thanks for input.
          Last edited by theremart; 05-28-2008, 02:37 AM.

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

I am no expert, but I think that as long as it is an induction motor you are fine. They have not changed the design in along time of electric motors.

Karl

Comment

RE: motor.

Originally posted by Karl_Palsness View Post
              I am no expert, but I think that as long as it is an induction motor you are fine. They have not changed the design in along time of electric motors.

Karl
              I have been reading up on it and it seems they recommend certain types of motors.

I am puzzled to know how to wire this I am thinking of getting the two capacitors it requires and trying it.

Part of this is I am going to find a resistor that will help me short these caps, they are to risky to leave with that much voltage on them. I am thinking, I don't have much to loose on this motor, my worst thing I am loosing is time, but I feel I will be gaining experience. Here is a golden opportunity to try something on something I am not afraid to mess up.

Comment

RE: RV Motor

I have purchased today a Baldor motor 5 hp. After it comes in, and I clean and lube the bearings, I will attempt to add the capacitors and make this a RV.

I am glad I scrapped the old motor, it was a dead end, this is per spec, and should fill the bill nicely. ( All I need now is Peters rotor and should be set )

Comment

Hi., you need DUAL winding motors, Ie-230/460 Volts
                  I recommend the 60 hertz double coiled motors of 7.5HP

Also a frequency drive inverter, if oyu really wanted to get the ultimate RV you would make a permanent magnet Rotor, this eliminates the slip, but the flux drag is tricky, please check out the new videos and comps on this page
                  Roto Verter

Comment

This motor appears to be working by the same principle as the Roto Verter.

Self Running 900 Watt Fuelless Electrical Generator

More Roto-Verter videos:

Rotoverter Energy saving method

rotoverter - Google Video

Roto-Verter Peswicki link:

Directory:Rotoverter - PESWiki
                    Last edited by Solace; 02-05-2008, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Email back

Originally posted by Solace View Post
                      This motor appears to be working by the same principle as the Roto Verter.

Self Running 900 Watt Fuelless Electrical Generator
                      PESWiki[/url]
                      I did not like the email I got back from these guys -->

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Sir!

Thank you for your interest in our new energy technologies!

We see you have Questions, We have answers.

We are WORLD IMPROVEMENT THROUGH THE SPIRIT MINISTRIES, WITTS.

Our Director is Sir Timothy Thrapp. You can do a google search on him. He is World Renown Scientist and Minister and Engineer.

We here at WITTS Ministries have produced demonstrations of electrical power, in excess of 20 Mega Watts!

THIS IS NOT A JOKE, OR A PRANK!

We are sincere and honest and plain Christian people.

We can answer all your questions by phone consultation.

Suggested donation is 100 dollars per hour.

PLEASE NOTE: ONE HOUR MINIMUM!

Send Donations by to; WITTS
                      PO Box 293
                      Holmesvile, Ohio 44691

Donations are tax deductible.

Or send donations, by pay pal to our treasurer John Miller, Wits2011@ yahoo.com

In addition to energy technologies, we also have developed solutions to all types of pollution.

We have developed transportation systems that can travel at fantastic speeds and runs on solar panels, or our own advanced energy systems. No wings needed, also no propellers or jet engines.

We are looking for people who want to help move these things forward! If you are such a person, DO NOT EMAIL US! Until after you have made a donation to our cause!

This will avoid us being inundated with junk emails.

THANK YOU!

AND GOD BLESS YOU!

Mart
                      YouTube - Self Running 900 Watt Fuelless Electrical Generator

Is this just a RotoVerter that you have done?

I am very interested in replicating this.

Thanks!

Comment

Motor arrived today

Baldor Motor 5 HP arrived.

Next will clean and relub the bearings with carb cleaner... Once I figure out how to get to the bearings...

Then will order the caps needed to move to the converting the prime mover.

exciting.

Comment

TheReMart,

Yeah, I got the same reply email. My understanding of donations is that they are voluntary. What this guy is asking for is not a donation but a fee. For all I know, his whole video is completely bogus. Not very well done at all.

He should look up the word "donation" in the dictionary.

On the topic of Roto-Verters. I got a much warmer reply from Panacea.org.
                          I have a few Baldor motors to experiment on. I am still looking over the info on the Peswicki link.

It is not very complicated. I wonder why this isn't common knowledge in industrial mills. They could save a lot of wasted power by putting this info into practice.

I'm interested in checking out your video. What is the link?

S

Comment

>I'm interested in checking out your video. What is the link?

Here is the link...

YouTube - Learning from working outside the box...

( please excuse the poor audio, I was moving the mic around. )

Comment

Interesting design.

You could easily fix the audio with some dubbing.

I'd like to see what the waveform across the collector looks like.

Seems like it could be spinning faster.

The one at this link seems to be humming right along though.

YouTube - SSG adding a generator Video 18
                              Last edited by Solace; 02-06-2008, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X