Roto Verter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standard rotoverter configuration

I didn't give any diagram because it is the standard rotoverter configuration by Hector, powered from the grid (230V 50 Hz) through a variac (regulated transformer from 0 to 285V), noting else. One phase to A terminal of the motor, C terminal to the ground and a capacitor from A to B terminal. Star configuration of the windings.

The black box is the capacitor box (from 0.15 do 160 microF). The round thing on the left of this box is the variac, it was used to regulate the voltage going to the motor. No PWM or frequency regulation. Only the voltage and the capacitance. So, typical, normal, simple rotoverter.

After doing thousands of experiments with rotoverter like configurations ( rotoverter on 4 W ) I have come to conclusion that the construction and material used of the motor is a very important factor. This is the fist motor that I could go so low with the power consumption. With other motors the lowest I could go was 14 W.
    Last edited by sciencisto; 06-05-2009, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sciencisto View Post
      I didn't give any diagram because it is the standard rotoverter configuration by Hector, powered from the grid (230V 50 Hz) through a variac (regulated transformer from 0 to 285V), noting else. One phase to A terminal of the motor, C terminal to the ground and a capacitor from A to B terminal. Star configuration of the windings.

The black box is the capacitor box (from 0.15 do 160 microF). The round thing on the left of this box is the variac, it was used to regulate the voltage going to the motor. No PWM or frequency regulation. Only the voltage and the capacitance. So, typical, normal, simple rotoverter.

After doing thousands of experiments with rotoverter like configurations ( Index of /laboratorio/esploroj/rv ) I have come to conclusion that the construction and material used of the motor is a very important factor. This is the fist motor that I could go so low with the power consumption. With other motors the lowest I could go was 14 W.
      Please try taking a look on my posts and see if it makes sense to you regarding your tests of different motors.

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...html#post55636

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...html#post55754

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...html#post55865

Maybe it can help understanding why your motors does not perform the same...
      To my understanding the coil wire represents 1/4 wave length and harmonics thereof, thus defining the "reception frequencies", but if no external energy is present at those frequencies, you gain nothing. Luckily there always seems to be some gain, but not all frequencies are equally good, as seen by DrStiffler in his SEC experiments.

Eric

Comment

• @adee

Keep on the good work

Try this.
        Referring to your homepage:
        RV - NewInThePast ‎(New In The Past)‎

First remove all external wires on your alternator.

The WYE connection of the motor coils are correct.

Connect a bulb between point 4 and 12.

Start, if the voltage across the bulb is zero, then your coils matches well, and without hurting yourself try try shorting 4 to 12, if the RPM does not reduce, make the short 4 to 12 permanent.

If the coils don't match, break connections 1 to 7, 2 to 8 and 3 to 9, and 4 to 12.

Remove the bulb between 4 and 12.

Connect your variable capacitor bank to points 3 and 6.

Start and tune to resonance.

Stop and put capacitors the found value, one cap to 2 and 5, and one cap to 1 and 4,

Start again, and re tune the variable bank, if it is still the same you are done with tuning, else replace the two other caps to the same value.

Now you have it tuned,

Stop.

Remove the cap wire from point 3 and series insert your bulb socket without a bulb. Now the bulb socket connects the cap to point 3. Add a contact parallel to the bulb. Turn on the contact.

Start and measure the current through the contact with a clamp meter.

Just as an example say you measure 10 Amps.

If you use a 110V bulb it must then be 10Amps * 110Volts = 1100W

If you don't have a bulb matching your actual calculation add more bulb sockets parallel to the first one, Put in bulbs so the sum of their nominal amps match your calculation.

Start and then switch off your contact, the bulb(s) should now light full intensity, adding the bulb may detune slightly, re tune if necessary.

stop

Add contacts and bulbs the same for the remaining 2 phases, one at a time. if it detunes do some iterations by replacing with fixed capacitors and move the capacitor box to another coil to test tuning.

Good luck !

Eric
        Last edited by Tecstatic; 06-01-2009, 09:50 PM. Reason: Adding tuning instruction

Comment

• I just wanted bump this thread up
          since I started my RV-project some time ago:
          YouTube - RV part 1, introduction
          The progress is slow but there are 5 videos so far.

/Hob
          Hob Nilre
          http://www.youtube.com/nilrehob

Comment

• I got it idling at 20V and 2.6W today.
            YouTube - RV part 6, 20V 2.6W

/Hob
            Hob Nilre

Comment

• Hi, at the end of part 6, you say the Amps reading is .13 A, but the meter shows .013...
              Just wanted to let you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Altair View Post
                Hi, at the end of part 6, you say the Amps reading is .13 A, but the meter shows .013...
                Just wanted to let you know.
                Yes, thats right. The meter was actually reading 0.013 V over 0.1 Ohm which equals 0.13 A. Thanks anyway!

/Hob
                Last edited by nilrehob; 11-23-2009, 08:37 PM.
                Hob Nilre

Comment

• Originally posted by nilrehob View Post
                  Yes, thats right. The meter was actually reading 0.013 V over 0.1 Ohm which equals 0.13 A. Thanks anyway!

/Hob
                  Your videos are great. Please keep testing and posting.

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by uusedman View Post
                    Your videos are great. Please keep testing and posting.

thanks
                    Positive feedback are always welcome

/Hob
                    Hob Nilre

Comment

• Nice work my friend
                      if you know about the meyers work i would like to tell you to try this

why don't you try using this motor to drive a high amperage alternator connected in a fashion like this.

try using one of the alternator secondary connected to a capacitor and find the right speed to create resonance. Once you got that connect the other two secondaries of the alternator connected thru 2 high amperage diodes one for each end but with reverse polarity and than connected to two three plates inside water one that is the earth in the middle of the two obviously isolated from each other. you can check a good schematic for the use of the resonant energy in my thread. I arrived there from transverter documents and is great.

Comment

• Originally posted by sebosfato View Post
                        Nice work my friend
                        if you know about the meyers work i would like to tell you to try this
                        Mayers work? Oh dear, all these names, my head is exploding
                        Please send a link

Originally posted by sebosfato View Post
                        why don't you try using this motor to drive a high amperage alternator connected in a fashion like this.
                        Current plan is to first try using one of my motors as an alternator.
                        Head to head, classic RV.
                        But after that I'm not sure, maybe Mayers work?

Originally posted by sebosfato View Post
                        try using one of the alternator secondary connected to a capacitor and find the right speed to create resonance. Once you got that connect the other two secondaries of the alternator connected thru 2 high amperage diodes one for each end but with reverse polarity and than connected to two three plates inside water one that is the earth in the middle of the two obviously isolated from each other. you can check a good schematic for the use of the resonant energy in my thread. I arrived there from transverter documents and is great.
                        Which thread of yours?

/Hob
                        Hob Nilre

Comment

• http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...er-true-5.html

here you find about resonance and the schematic i mentioned.

Meyer i mean for stanley meyer hydrogen production

Comment

• Originally posted by sebosfato View Post
                            http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...er-true-5.html

here you find about resonance and the schematic i mentioned.

Meyer i mean for stanley meyer hydrogen production
                            Yes, right, that Meyer
                            But hydrogen will have to wait I'm afraid,
                            it's an interesting concept
                            but the list of things to try before that is long for me.
                            Thanks anyway.

/Hob
                            Hob Nilre

Comment

• good work nilrehob .
                              I'm a complete beginner on electronic, ... (since last year) and I worked on Rotoveter and I stopped at a position where you are now. Now that winter is approaching, will be more time to pursue "my project".
                              Anyway, I felt that I had to write something, even thoughup to now I only read other projects.
                              this is my first message and sorry to the extent that where any error - google trananslate.
                              I hope this thread will go further
                              sseti

Comment

• New RV Setup

All,

I've found a new setup to run the 3 PH motor with 1 PH electric such home plug.

I just think the way to run 3 PH motor in highest impedance. This configuration is a modified the delta setup with opening/disconnecting one side of three parallel connection of a delta 3 PH configuration. With this setup, I can run the 2 HP 3 PH motor on both directions (clockwise and anti clockwise direction) and runs this motor without capasitor (starn and running caps) at all.

Here is the video I made.

YouTube - New RV Found Setup

Thank you,

Rev

Comment

Working...
                                X