X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nilrehob
    replied
    Originally posted by Tomata View Post
    I was reading Hector's and other ppl documents for RV and i have some questions.
    So i hope someone can explain these.
    First is the rotor, why we need to inserted the rotor to the opposite?(can be found on page 12. pdf attached )

Also what is best to use , Prime Mover 3000rpm and Alt 3000rpm or is best to use PM 3000rpm and Alt 1800rmp ?

Michael
    The only things i did with my RV as a prime-mover was:

1) remove fan
    2) replace grease with something else
    3) remove two phases
    4) add tunable capacitor

thats it!

I got my down from 185W to below 3W when idling.
    See my vids: YouTube - RV part 1, introduction

/Hob

Leave a comment:

• Tomata
    replied
    I was reading Hector's and other ppl documents for RV and i have some questions.
    So i hope someone can explain these.
    First is the rotor, why we need to inserted the rotor to the opposite?(can be found on page 12. pdf attached )

Also what is best to use , Prime Mover 3000rpm and Alt 3000rpm or is best to use PM 3000rpm and Alt 1800rmp ?

Michael
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sciencisto
    replied
    rotoverter on 3.5 W

You may remember, this is an old experiment I did, trying to run 5.5 kW 3 phase,
    400 V 1430 rpm motor on as little power as possible.
    YouTube - 5.5 kW motor -- rotoverter 3.5 W

Leave a comment:

• 1NRG24Seven
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Lindemann View Post
    Mart,

Good work getting your RotoVerter up and operational! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you purchase a "Kill-A-Watt" meter to further your experiments. This meter will allow you to measure the voltage, current, watts, power factor, and volt-amperes reactive going into your RotoVerter. For $35, its an excellent investment. It will increase the total amount of information you have about the running characteristics of your RotoVerter by a factor of 10.

The reason you can't run the RotoVerter from your inverter and batteries is that you cannot overcome the huge "start surge" required to get the motor up to speed. This overloads your inverter. You might need a 1500 Watt inverter to START the motor, even though it is RUNNING on about 230 Watts, once it gets up to speed.

If you have seen my DVD Electric Motor Secrets, I show how to build a Dynamometer and run a mechanical work production test. If you want to really KNOW the efficiency of your RotoVerter, I suggest you build a dynamometer and run a Dyno test while measuring the inputs with the Kill-A-Watt meter. That will tell you the WHOLE TRUTH about the efficiency of your RotoVerter.

Keep up the Great Work!!!

Peter
    I bought the next generation Kill O Watt meter and glad I did, It allows you to input your cost per kilowatt hour and calculates by the minute, hour, day, week, month and yearly costs.....I love it...it has helped me to isolate where I use most my electricity. for around 50 bucks its well worth it, I highly recomend the upgraded version of the kill O watt meter.

Leave a comment:

• swa-plasma
    replied
    New RV Setup

All,

I've found a new setup to run the 3 PH motor with 1 PH electric such home plug.

I just think the way to run 3 PH motor in highest impedance. This configuration is a modified the delta setup with opening/disconnecting one side of three parallel connection of a delta 3 PH configuration. With this setup, I can run the 2 HP 3 PH motor on both directions (clockwise and anti clockwise direction) and runs this motor without capasitor (starn and running caps) at all.

Here is the video I made.

YouTube - New RV Found Setup

Thank you,

Rev

Leave a comment:

• sseti
    replied
    good work nilrehob .
    I'm a complete beginner on electronic, ... (since last year) and I worked on Rotoveter and I stopped at a position where you are now. Now that winter is approaching, will be more time to pursue "my project".
    Anyway, I felt that I had to write something, even thoughup to now I only read other projects.
    this is my first message and sorry to the extent that where any error - google trananslate.
    I hope this thread will go further
    sseti

Leave a comment:

• nilrehob
    replied
    Originally posted by sebosfato View Post
    http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...er-true-5.html

here you find about resonance and the schematic i mentioned.

Meyer i mean for stanley meyer hydrogen production
    Yes, right, that Meyer
    But hydrogen will have to wait I'm afraid,
    it's an interesting concept
    but the list of things to try before that is long for me.
    Thanks anyway.

/Hob

Leave a comment:

• sebosfato
    replied
    http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...er-true-5.html

here you find about resonance and the schematic i mentioned.

Meyer i mean for stanley meyer hydrogen production

Leave a comment:

• nilrehob
    replied
    Nice work my friend
    if you know about the meyers work i would like to tell you to try this
    Mayers work? Oh dear, all these names, my head is exploding
    Please send a link

why don't you try using this motor to drive a high amperage alternator connected in a fashion like this.
    Current plan is to first try using one of my motors as an alternator.
    Head to head, classic RV.
    But after that I'm not sure, maybe Mayers work?

try using one of the alternator secondary connected to a capacitor and find the right speed to create resonance. Once you got that connect the other two secondaries of the alternator connected thru 2 high amperage diodes one for each end but with reverse polarity and than connected to two three plates inside water one that is the earth in the middle of the two obviously isolated from each other. you can check a good schematic for the use of the resonant energy in my thread. I arrived there from transverter documents and is great.
    Which thread of yours?

/Hob

Leave a comment:

• sebosfato
    replied
    Nice work my friend
    if you know about the meyers work i would like to tell you to try this

why don't you try using this motor to drive a high amperage alternator connected in a fashion like this.

try using one of the alternator secondary connected to a capacitor and find the right speed to create resonance. Once you got that connect the other two secondaries of the alternator connected thru 2 high amperage diodes one for each end but with reverse polarity and than connected to two three plates inside water one that is the earth in the middle of the two obviously isolated from each other. you can check a good schematic for the use of the resonant energy in my thread. I arrived there from transverter documents and is great.

Leave a comment:

• nilrehob
    replied
    Originally posted by uusedman View Post
    Your videos are great. Please keep testing and posting.

thanks
    Positive feedback are always welcome

/Hob

Leave a comment:

• uusedman
    replied
    Originally posted by nilrehob View Post
    Yes, thats right. The meter was actually reading 0.013 V over 0.1 Ohm which equals 0.13 A. Thanks anyway!

/Hob
    Your videos are great. Please keep testing and posting.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• nilrehob
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    Hi, at the end of part 6, you say the Amps reading is .13 A, but the meter shows .013...
    Just wanted to let you know.
    Yes, thats right. The meter was actually reading 0.013 V over 0.1 Ohm which equals 0.13 A. Thanks anyway!

/Hob
    Last edited by nilrehob; 11-23-2009, 08:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Altair
    replied
    Hi, at the end of part 6, you say the Amps reading is .13 A, but the meter shows .013...
    Just wanted to let you know.

Leave a comment:

• nilrehob
    replied
    I got it idling at 20V and 2.6W today.
    YouTube - RV part 6, 20V 2.6W

/Hob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X