Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery help

Check out this page..

Battery Reconditioning and Rebuilding Supplies for Automotive Lead/Acid Batteries

scroll down to the bottom of the page and watch the videos. I don't know if their chemical works, but they have some great methods of testing batteries.

Also check out

Bedini_SG : Exploring Tesla type technologies

Get both starter guide, but the 2nd is AWESOME! It was like all of my questions were answered, and could not stop reading and re-reading this.

Hope this helps.

BTW there is tremendous differences between types of batteries, I picked up 4 golf cart batteries and I am blown away by how much better they are. I am told the Fork lift batteries are even better, I am eyeing one they will let me have for $120.00 ( dead) I am soo tempted to get this 300 lb battery.

The addiction never ends

Mart
    See my experiments here...
    http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Battery help

Originally posted by theremart View Post
      BTW there is tremendous differences between types of batteries, I picked up 4 golf cart batteries and I am blown away by how much better they are. I am told the Fork lift batteries are even better, I am eyeing one they will let me have for $120.00 ( dead) I am soo tempted to get this 300 lb battery.

The addiction never ends

Mart
      I wonder if I should try a different type of battery? I heard the gel cells are good to get your feet wet but that actual liquid batts charge even better! what would be the difference between the golf cart batts and the forklift ones? I thought that fork lifts ran on propane and the batts were just starter batts which arent supposed to be good for SG because you can only use 20% of the batt before needing to recharge. thanx for the link ill check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by splocal View Post
        I wonder if I should try a different type of battery? I heard the gel cells are good to get your feet wet but that actual liquid batts charge even better! what would be the difference between the golf cart batts and the forklift ones? I thought that fork lifts ran on propane and the batts were just starter batts which arent supposed to be good for SG because you can only use 20% of the batt before needing to recharge. thanx for the link ill check it out!
        You will probably see much great results with a lead acid battery. Fork lifts can run on either propane or electricity.

I worked on nicad batteries to start, and found that their real problem is one of the nicads often get a short in them, thus depleating the full amount from the battery.

Happy recharging!

Mart

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Energy from the Vacuum

Ok I finally got the sealed lead acid gell cell to go above 12V, used my nicad drill battery to just keep charging my gell cell. when the nicad got low put it back on the charger and then back to the SG, it took awhile but she is back up so maybe I can start swapping my two gell cells again.

Comment

Originally posted by splocal View Post
            Ok I finally got the sealed lead acid gell cell to go above 12V, used my nicad drill battery to just keep charging my gell cell. when the nicad got low put it back on the charger and then back to the SG, it took awhile but she is back up so maybe I can start swapping my two gell cells again.
            Congrates!. and good thinking!

Comment

The Battery Bible

Get "The Battery Bible" pdf. You probably will never want that much info on batteries, but John and Peter used it quite a bit in the past.

Search for it in google.
              Sincerely,
              Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
              Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
              RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

RE: Battery bible.

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                Get "The Battery Bible" pdf. You probably will never want that much info on batteries, but John and Peter used it quite a bit in the past.

Search for it in google.
                I agree Adam, it is HUGE, old, but wonderful info. The link is here..

-Read the battery bible, and other battery related files.

Directory:Bedini SG:Battery Characteristics - PESWiki

Comment

Battery Bible

This is great information!!!! have you or any one else used a psu from a computer to run the SG? I know it kinda defeats the purpose but could come in handy some times, I tried once but burnt my transistor out so I havent tried again.
                  Last edited by splocal; 12-28-2007, 09:07 PM.

Comment

i have used a psu from a pc on my SG, i have 5v and 12v outputs on it. it behaves strangely though, so i switched to a 20V 70 watt power brick from an old dell laptop. it seems to work much better.

Comment

Convert PC supply to a Lab supply

This article tells how to do it.

How to Convert a Computer ATX Power Supply to a Lab Power Supply - wikiHow

Sirhoax and another video show the results of thier working one for their hyrdrogen generator.

I tried it once with a poor supply, but I switched to using laptop power supplies
                      that have over 20 V of DC voltage to my supply but only

Also a good friend shipped me his old tube power supply, so I am running it threw and inverter from my battery to the other set of batteries. Pulls about .50 amps. I am swapping between two golf cart batteries right now to condition them. I have been letting this run and swapping about ever 12 hours.

I think I will switch over to using a capacitor with a trysistor to dump the load
                      because this would be more efficient in my estimation.

Comment

my (short) experience so far:

I have an electric razor, with a (guess) NiM batt, 1.5V. It would barely shave for 1 time on one charge (its about 5 years old). I have a solid state bedini charger. I use different capacitors for different batteries.
                        On this 1.5V battery, i used 4.7uF. I have already shaved twice, and it is still running good (this is only after a first time on the charger!

Recently my truck battery went bad. 12V 70Ah. It was 12.15V, empty, car couldn't start. I charged it with a normal charger, but the next day after use, car couldn't start. Now it is already 7days under SS charger. Voltage is climbing about 0.05 to 0.1 volt a day. (beginning was faster). Now at 13.0V. I will keep it there until 14V is reached. For this I use a 33uF capacitor. I tune the 555timer to maximum voltage (on oscilloscope). Top voltage over C reaches around 100V. Looks like the battery is coming back from the dead..

can't wait for trying old lithium batteries to recharge. Will need fire proof container to do this, as i read before here.

Comment

How to water the batteries

Hello friends,

I found a 12V, 40AH battery left lonely for so much time, and all of its water was gone. I don't know if I add tap water to it what will happen? I have read that tap water is not so good for batteries. Can anyone help me with this?

Elias
                          Last edited by elias; 01-04-2008, 05:28 PM.
                          Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
                          http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

You should use distilled water for this purpose
                            It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

Super charging batteries

Well, I have had 2 set of of SSG going for about 3 days now, and they are doing the normal up and down climbing of charging. For the input I have one at 12 V, and the other at 18 V. On the charging batterries I have them setup as 24 V.

Today I have seen my first battery ( brought back from the dead) to reach 13 V it then went back down to 12.98 V but was nice to see at last a battery reach that voltage.

I think this is the way to initially charge the batteries, just leave them on the charger till they reach 13.5 to 14 V. ( always checking the fluid levels )

The Golf cart batterries on the other hand have been terribly slow about climbing up in voltage. One set of two ( 12 V) is up to 12.09 the other set is up to 12.22. I am only feeding in about .32 amp to the batteries, so this may be the deal, since they have much more lead in the plates it may mean that they need more umph to get them going.

All seems to be on track, as everyone says, be prepared for a 3 -4 month time to condition your batteries for the first time.

Comment

what batteries ? - "healing"-potencial

Hello,

if it comes to batteries with the SG, it seems mostly to deal with lead-acid batteries.
                                What about NiCd / NiMh and others?
                                Are there experiences too relating other types of batteries with the SG, while we have a look at the "healing" / reconditioning?

And are there characteristic curves available on the behavior of NiCh or lead batteries?
                                I would like to know the state of charging related to the voltage: thus maybe I have 13V at the (12V) battery and now know: that means about 50% of capacity.

thanx for hints.

Geron

Comment

Working...
                                X