X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free osilliscope

PC-Oscilloscope for the Soundcard
    theres an osilliscope it uses your pc sound card

would be awesome if it didnt say this at the bottom.

"...For external sources care has to be taken, not to exceed the voltage range of the inputs. The range is usually only ±0.7V !! If higher voltage need to be analyzed, a voltage divider has to be used. Additional protection diodes are recommended in order to avoid any damage to the sound card and to the computer. "

The first pulse from your ssg would prolly nuke your pc unfortunately. So saying I have seen usb pc scopes for around $250 bucks, plug and play. I dont know much about them yet though, and I'm a little hesistant to get something that may not only blow up but also nuke my PC with it!
    "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

lol well i been running it for a bit it so far so good lol

Comment

Comment

Buffer Hardware for xoscope

12 volt protection

looking for better still

Comment

So your using this to scope your ssg? I stand corrected! Sounds awesome then!
            "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

i was but i dunno if i wanna use it all the time i'm afraid to kill my comp lol

Comment

Anyone seen this?

Have you ran across a scope program for Palm OS? I have a Palm that has been retired and that would be a good use for it. I saw a program awhile back but it was expensive and not very useful as far as functionality goes.
                RedMeanie
                (psst...Don't Tell Anyone, But I'm Really Not Mean!)

Comment

i'm putting one of those circuits together with scrap parts. Looks funny, everywhere there is resistors soldered together. because i don't have the right impedance
                  still, how do i find out the capacitance of those small caps it doesnt say on them, and the datasheet search engine comes up with the wrong parts.
                  I guess i'm just gonna wing it

of course i will post results, if there will be any.

Comment

whats the best way to hook up my scope to the sg

my wave dont look right

Comment

Check this little program out...

Jan H,
                      Here is a little program I use...Its called "The Electronics Assistant" it is a VERY handy thing to have, Plus its Free!
                      Electronics 2000 - Hobby Electronics - Software, Calculators, Forum, Technical Data, Pin-outs, Beginners Guide, Links...
                      Just Download it!
                      RedMeanie

Comment

sweet little program
                        thanks

Comment

No Problem....

No Problem....Thats what were here for....

They also have allot of other info linked from their site (Just look at the "Calculators" Tab that has helped me allot!
                          I also have a Calculator somewhere that is for the 555 Timer that tells you what resistors and Caps you need based off of Freq and timing and vice versa, input cap and resitor size and it will tell you what freq and timing you will get....
                          I will post it when I find the link where I got it.....
                          Last edited by Redmeanie; 11-21-2007, 02:37 AM.
                          RedMeanie

Comment

LM555 Timer Circuits
                            Here is some basic 555 circuits with calculators
                            It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

There you go!!!

Thanks Jetijs! Im sure that will help quite a few people out, I use mine ALL the time....It makes things a whole lot easier than sitting down and doing the math old school style!
                              RedMeanie

Comment

Working...
                              X