Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waveform

Good day,
    Please take a look at the circuit below. The most important and the main part is the core of it, the generating circuit for the waveform. The circuit uses a LM566 IC which is very hard for me to find but i want to achieve the same result with another IC. Can i use a 555 for this? Or what can i do?

This is the waveform:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v12cpl_JULg&t=1s

Thank you,
    Attached Files

From the datasheet:
    The LM566C is a general-purpose voltage controlled oscillator which may be used to generate square and triangular waves, the frequency of which is a very linear function of a
    control voltage.
    However, it is used here to just generate a fixed low-frequency square wave. You can also do that with a 555.

Ernst.

Comment

the lm566 has 2 outputs, one is square and one is triangle wave,
      they are using the square wave output
      seems like they are using it for the fine and easy to change frequency control it offers while keeping a 50% duty cycle
      Last edited by spacecase0; 09-08-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Thank you but can someone tell me how i can achieve that waveform in the video using just the 555?

Comment

What you are seeing is the interference between the 50 Hz mains (sine) and the near 50 Hz block wave. You can achieve that with the exact same circuit, just replace the 566 oscillator circuit (566, C5, C6, R5, R6, R7) with a 555 circuit of the same frequency and a near 50% duty cycle.

Ernst.

Comment

page 10 of the datasheet attached has the 50% duty cycle circuit with the LM555
            I attach my copy of the data sheet because the new one that TI provides has many of the application circuits removed .
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you _/|\_

Comment

Working...
              X