Flywheel Generator Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flywheel Generator Project

Hi all, Have been working on a flywheel generator, similar to the Chas Campbell device and other similar devices by others.
    Powered it up today at 12 volt input, though it is a 24 volt input motor.
    It still should have started the flywheel turning at 12 volts, with the permanent magnet alternator in place, though with no load on it.
    So the pulley ratio arrangement is not suitable for the small 100 watt scooter drive motor.
    Then had to redo the pulley setup and at the moment, still finishing remounting the drive motor in the new position.
    Positive, kind and helpful comments welcome.
    If you think these types of devices have no merit, then please talk about it in your own thread.
    peace love light

Here is a pic of the project at the moment.

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
    Hi all, Have been working on a flywheel generator, similar to the Chas Campbell device and other similar devices by others.
    Powered it up today at 12 volt input, though it is a 24 volt input motor.
    It still should have started the flywheel turning at 12 volts, with the permanent magnet alternator in place, though with no load on it.
    So the pulley ratio arrangement is not suitable for the small 100 watt scooter drive motor.
    Then had to redo the pulley setup and at the moment, still finishing remounting the drive motor in the new position.
    Positive, kind and helpful comments welcome.
    If you think these types of devices have no merit, then please talk about it in your own thread.
    peace love light

Here is a pic of the project at the moment.

In your design have the gearbox (the lever of Archimedes). But the speed of rotation of the flywheel will be small to get anything substantial from your generator. You have the alternator from the car its working speed of approximately 4000 rpm While the torque absorption will correspond to the load circuit. Your design is not new and is used in machines for pressing parts. For such purposes, the devices use massive flywheels with a good shaft in diameter, your shaft is very small to transmit the momentum. The weight of your flywheel is more like the steering wheel of the transmission. In General, good luck, the main work head.
    The flywheel is made of wood ? what is its weight and diameter!

Number four is the flywheel in the diagram.
    Last edited by Rakarskiy; 08-29-2019, 06:29 AM.

Comment

SkyWatcher you started a new project
      thank you sir Rakarskiy for your information

Comment

Flywheel Energy Multiplier Mini Project 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ761y8G06g
        Last edited by alexelectric; 08-29-2019, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Hi all, hi rakarskiy, it is a modified alternator, with neodymium permanent magnets inside, used for wind generators.
          So it does not need anywhere close to 4000 rpm, maybe 400 rpm to make some good juice.
          Flywheel is 24" diameter at around 18 lbs.

Hi alexelectric, yes, though this is a continuation of a project that I never followed through with.

Thanks for the video link.
          Yes, that is the idea, good video showing a good simple design and a better designed flywheel than mine.
          peace love light

Comment

ok, you modified a car alternator with neodymium magnets, you removed the inductor coil.
            Maybe the magnets you put on are more powerful than the original coil that the alternator brought,
            He believes that he will see more attraction between the stator and the rotor, and therefore he has to apply more force to achieve the rotation.
            The alternators I've tried with 2000 rpm are already starting to charge.
            You already tried it without the counterweight, to see how much energy you spend, so that it starts to generate acceptably, and how many rpm.
            I tried to move an alternator with an engine, and when entering the induction I felt the first brake and did not say if I put a load
            I have there a document where the alternator was rewound so that it will generate with less revolutions, but you lose generation
            It's interesting to see what you get from your project, good luck

Comment

Hi alexelectric, thanks for the positive reply.

I bought this permanent magnet alternator awhile ago, it is meant for wind or hydro generation.
              It is rated at 48 volts, has full wave bridge built into it.

It is meant for lower rpm generating, so it should work well for this.
              peace love light

Comment

if there are those types of alternators with neodymiums
                I removed the coil and the frame from a car alternator and placed two 20 mm x 20 mm x 10 mm neodymium magnets on the stator as inductors, and left the rotor coil as a generator.
                I turned it around 1500 rpm, what I achieved was to turn on a LED bulb, I tested it with a 12-volt, 1.5 amp filament car. and I can't give it light
                I have to put more magnets.
                but I have to think about an improvement of the structure, when I put the magnets first I glued them to the armor, but when I wanted to center and put the frame in its place, it would come off.
                I do not let myself be defeated, the magnets hold them with a sheet, screw them to the frame and if only I can assemble the alternator.
                I wanted to get him to turn on the car focus, but it was not achieved, only the LED.
                Then I send them the photos.
                the generation took it from the rotor, through the connectors of the coals, I have to put another pair of magnets to turn on the filament bulb, I hope so.
                I comment on this, because I have seen that everything we share helps us move forward, evaluate, estimate, improve prototypes, we learn from everyone, and I have seen in this forum that there are very active and experienced colleagues and share their projects and help with your information
                thanks to everyone

Comment

Hi alexelectric, it does exist, it's from 'hydrogen appliances'.

Finished mounting the motor and aligning all the belts.
                  At 12 volts input, which is too low, will be testing 24 volt input tomorrow, as it needs some more rpm.

Also am aware the flywheel needs to achieve a certain threshold speed for the effects we are looking for.
                  So am aware of the possible need to add an additional pulley system to increase the flywheel speed, we shall see.

Yes, sharing is beautiful, though as long as it is done with kindness and respect, otherwise what is the point, which was an issue at the other forum.
                  Will be continuing to experiment with this, look forward to learning more about these types of flywheel, etheric energy devices.
                  peace love light

Comment

Good time! The generator, but still the magnetic core of the stator is closed, and then braking when the induction is suitable. Especially if you follow the calculation the greater the rate of interaction of the Magnet and the wire the less need to have incoming mechanical strength. By reducing the speed you increase the result of mechanical torque, for induction current. For example, if you follow the traditional formula of dependence of electrical power and mechanical, you can see that at low speeds, the traditional generator is harder to turn when inducting a current (and you have a traditional synchronous generator).

About your flywheel, I know how to upgrade it. Take three metal tubes with a diameter of 50 mm. Cut the thread from the outside. On both sides, make two screw caps plugs, so that between them there was a gap in the thickness of the flywheel. Pour the lead inside. Achieve a perfect identical weight of all goods. On the flywheel closer to the edge, with a pitch of 120 degrees cut the holes and secure the cargo. You will get concentrated weight distribution and not distributed weight, which will have a beneficial effect on the centrifugal seat.

In order to determine the minimum point of promotion of the flywheel, it is necessary to measure the flow rate of the motor at idle. Then connect to the flywheel and untwist to the point where the flow rate of the engine will approach or be equal to the flow rate of idling. If you have an engine that will not run at idle, so it will be loaded onto the flywheel of the promotion, this means that the flywheel will not be able to be useful to you, as it is a load for itself .
                    Last edited by Rakarskiy; 08-30-2019, 06:04 AM.

Comment

"SkyWatcher Yes, sharing is beautiful, though as long as it is done with kindness and respect, otherwise what is the point, which was an issue at the other forum".

I agree with your comments
                      Last edited by alexelectric; 08-30-2019, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Hi all, Hi rakarskiy, thanks for sharing the information, the added weight to the edge of the wheel is a good idea, though would need to use another method for that, as the long v-belt is currently around the edge of the flywheel.
                        And the low speed generator current is comprehended, though not entirely clear about the flywheel flow rate aspect.
                        My interpretation, you mean the flywheel needs to be able to maintain it's rpm for a bit with the power off, to be able to attain good effects.

Hi alexelectric, yes good response.
                        This means, will be posting here from now on, though will observe and read the things shared on the other forum thread, as it does have value.
                        Though the behavior is not of value to me, though when I have any results to share, it will be posted at both sites, regardless.

peace love light

Comment

Hi all, going in a new direction with the flywheel project.
                          Decided to get rid of belts and pulleys and integrate the generator into the flywheel itself.
                          Picked up a 10 lb. cast iron weight lifting plate and was glad to find the center hole is accurate from manufacturing.
                          Then made a shaft adapter for the center hole, which is a tad over 1 inch, using steel epoxy putty in a mold, then drilled 5/8" shaft hole and lathed to fit cast iron plate.
                          The flywheel rotates very true.

Will then use bedini style pulse motor circuit for propulsion and probably air coils around the rotor/flywheel, for power generation.
                          This should be more efficient, as the intention is not to generate big power, just power some lights and charge some batteries for this design.
                          Will be attaching neo magnets to periphery of flywheel to start with, though a separate wood rotor could be made also and have plans to add more flywheel weight if needed.

Working on the structure at the moment.
                          peace love light

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                            Hi all, going in a new direction with the flywheel project.
                            Decided to get rid of belts and pulleys and integrate the generator into the flywheel itself.
                            Picked up a 10 lb. cast iron weight lifting plate and was glad to find the center hole is accurate from manufacturing.
                            Then made a shaft adapter for the center hole, which is a tad over 1 inch, using steel epoxy putty in a mold, then drilled 5/8" shaft hole and lathed to fit cast iron plate.
                            The flywheel rotates very true.

Will then use bedini style pulse motor circuit for propulsion and probably air coils around the rotor/flywheel, for power generation.
                            This should be more efficient, as the intention is not to generate big power, just power some lights and charge some batteries for this design.
                            Will be attaching neo magnets to periphery of flywheel to start with, though a separate wood rotor could be made also and have plans to add more flywheel weight if needed.

Working on the structure at the moment.
                            peace love light
                            Hi! In fact, you come to the correct formula of the device. I want to encourage you, this technology was implemented in the project VEGA (Ukraine). The upper stage at a certain speed was self-propelled. The disadvantage of the system was the classic synchronous generator MAGLEV (USA). The mass of the rotating rotor also served as an inertial mass.

https://rakarskiy.io.ua/s2616580/gen...y_vega_ukraine

At that time I upgraded one such unit. To the owner I had offers even to improve, but he refused having received steady result of work. Its installation worked as an Autonomous source of security alarm, mobile object.

Either way, you need another generator.

Last edited by Rakarskiy; 09-23-2019, 05:53 AM.

Comment

At the time, I developed the concept of upgrading the control system upper stage M-g VEGA.
                              [VIDEO]watch?time_continue=3&v=XNWO3Dk4La0[/VIDEO]

The complexity of this concept lies in its calculation and adjustment. In addition, the upper key must be set to limit the flow of current from the source. With the application of its upper stage generation thread, the system is self-propelled. But the system will not be cheap, there is something to think about.

Other overclocking systems are possible, even without magnets.

Comment

Working...
                              X