Multifilar Generator Coil - Lenz delay Experiments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi bromikey, thanks for the reply.
    Finished the new coil/core setup, using 26 strand-24awg. secondary coil, wound first onto 7" long by 3/4" diameter bailing wire core.
    Then, used 2 layers-single strand primary drive coil, of 18awg. magnet wire on top of the secondary coil.

The effect can be observed again now.
    With the 555 timer, in astable-duty cycle adjustable mode.
    It seems the duty cycle, needs to be 50% or less, or the effect does not manifest.

The circuit can be powered up and pulsing the primary coil and the input current observed.
    Then a 6 watt led bulb load can be connected across the DC output of the full wave bridge connected to the series wired multistrand secondary coil.
    The non-modified led bulb is then lighted to a good, particular brightness.
    While this is happening, the input current is not increasing.
    The led bulb is then disconnected and the full wave bridge output is then short circuited, and the input current again, does not increase or decrease.
    The 26 strand, series wired coil is 15.5 ohms.

The coil is not longer, it just has more capacitance, because of the extra 12 coil strands, wired in series.
    This is probably causing a phase shift or lenz delay.
    Will continue to experiment.
    peace love light

One correction, set the meter to the 200 miiliamp range and it does increase 2 milliamps, though the light is much brighter than that 39 milliwatt increase.
    The circuit uses 1 watt at the moment.
    Though, it is the effect that is being sought, at the moment.
    Maybe the frequency and duty cycle needs to be tweaked a little more or a few more strands are needed to stop any increase in current.
    Last edited by SkyWatcher; 11-29-2019, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Wow this is good news. I immediately thought about my joule thief
      but mine did not go over 2X. Well then mine had real small windings
      and as I used it the spikes that manifest the extra brightness began
      degrading the LED'S til one by one my bulb got wrecked.

Also using faster diodes helped dramatically on brightness the freq's
      got thru somewhere around 3000hz. This may be a wrong assessment
      on my part. It could have been more an over voltage condition that
      gave more brightness.

In your case this is different and a simple measurement at the bulb
      will show volts and amps to give the correct power output because
      brightness is relative.

Still in the end you may have something there like the BiTT or other
      split phase transformers gives on phase shift.

Do you have correct output power figures yet or wasn't this the goal
      for the time being?

Comment

• Hi bromikey, just checked the output.
        Output is 39.5 volts dc @ 3.8 milliamps or 150 milliwatts at led bulb.
        Compared to an input current increase of 39 milliwatts.

Oddly though, the standard 6 watt led bulb is fairly bright.

I also have a 10uF-200v electrolytic capacitor, in series with the multistrand coil, into the AC of the bridge rectifier.

And yes, these are only experiments to try and replicate the effect with solid state.
        Overall efficiency is another matter.
        peace love light

Comment

• Okay thx SKY so on efficiency 1watt=input as per a previous post
          and a 150mw output to the led. Got it. So maybe try 2 bulbs or 3 bulbs
          to see if there is an increase?

So the COP is what right now?

Comment

• Hi bromikey, yes, not very good efficiency as it is.
            Though guess it's possible it could be improved with more coil/cores, maybe.

Been thinking about alex's magnetic diode design.

So I pulled out the replication coil/core built previously.
            And used a small jewelers screw driver to test for magnetic flux.

Then powered the generator coil with a battery, to see how much the screw driver is attracted to various parts of the core.
            It seems like the core may be saturating too much, for this design to work well with the core I have used.

So the core needs to be a proper size, or a core that allows the induced magnetic flux to create a good magnetic loop upon itself.
            And thus, reduce to the greatest extent, the lenz effect slowing down the magnet rotor.

So tried a large TV ferrite yoke with coil on one side, then placed a gap spacer on one side and powered up the coil to see and detect magnetic flux with the screw driver.
            Much more magnetic flux was created with this coil, as it was much lower resistance, and yet, with the larger core, it seemed to be able to accept the flux from the coil much better and create a better magnetic loop upon itself.

So the screw driver was not attracted very much, at the junction where the rotating magnet would interact with and induce lenz, when in generator mode with rotating magnets.
            Maybe 50% or less reduction in lenz magnetic field, at the interaction point.

So to conclude, with the magnetic diode design of Alex Manzanero, the core needs to of proper size or type, to be able to absorb the lenz induced magnetic flux, that is caused by the rotating magnet.
            To then create a sufficient magnet loop around the core and upon itself, to reduce to the greatest degree, lenz slowdown of the generator rotor.
            peace love light
            Last edited by SkyWatcher; 12-02-2019, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X