Multifilar Generator Coil - Lenz delay Experiments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multifilar Generator Coil - Lenz delay Experiments

Hi all, thought I would make a new thread for this, don't want to clutter up anyones thread.

Experimenting with the multifilar coil, lenz delay effect.
    This coil has 50 strands of 30awg. magnet wire.

Used bailing wire, cut to short pieces and spray painted each piece for the core.

The pieces are shoved into a 3/4" diameter length of PVC pipe and super glued in place.
    The coil/core former is adjustable.

Also used a new piece of wood for the base, as the previous base was warped and was causing vibrations and noise, it runs much smoother and quiter now.
    Using a brushless 400 size, RC airplane motor for the drive, with 2s lithium ion battery pack, hooked to a reciever and transmitter.
    Rotor has 8 - 1" diameter by 1/8" thick neo magnets and the rotor diameter is 3-3/4" to outside of magnets.
    Will be placing coil strands in series to try and achieve lenz neutral or speed up at reasonably lower rpm's.
    Questions or comments welcome.
    peace love light

Last edited by SkyWatcher; 04-27-2019, 12:55 AM.

Hi Turion, wow, thanks for all the great information.
    Thanks for the coil offer, though I think for now, I'll just experiment with what I have.
    It is 50 strands, should have made it 48 though.
    I guess I'll just not use 2 of the strands, then I will have a 48 strand coil.
    Only half way done marking all the strands with masking tape and checking continuity with meter for matching strands.
    That is interesting about the connector strips.
    Could it be, when using these multifilar coils at lenz neutral or speed up, maybe it is creating a different kind of energy that is flowing over the connector strip and short circuiting itself somehow.
    Will continue working on this coil.
    peace love light
    Last edited by SkyWatcher; 04-27-2019, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
      Hi all, thought I would make a new thread for this, don't want to clutter up anyones thread.

Experimenting with the multifilar coil, lenz delay effect.
      This coil has 51 strands of 30awg. magnet wire.

Used bailing wire, cut to short pieces and spray painted each piece for the core.

The pieces are shoved into a 3/4" diameter length of PVC pipe and super glued in place.
      The coil/core former is adjustable.

Also used a new piece of wood for the base, as the previous base was warped and was causing vibrations and noise, it runs much smoother and quiter now.
      Using a brushless 400 size, RC airplane motor for the drive, with 2s lithium ion battery pack, hooked to a reciever and transmitter.
      Rotor has 8 - 1" diameter by 1/8" thick neo magnets and the rotor diameter is 3-3/4" to outside of magnets.
      Will be placing coil strands in series to try and achieve lenz neutral or speed up at reasonably lower rpm's.
      Questions or comments welcome.
      peace love light

hello Sky

You are really moving along, yes listen to Turion on man, that is what
      he is here for. 48 is a great even number and one more thing, all of
      these talks we are having right now are repeats of what you have
      heard for years.

You are we acquainted with the details. You are very sharp and in my
      opinion are one of the few who could actually move this tech forward
      at a lower rotor speed. I would have beaten you but right now I am
      out of time to do much on coils.

The lower rotor speed of 1200 rpms is still a mystery that I think will
      be solved with the shorter strands though I have never heard of anyone
      using such short strands and so many of them. Not even Turion. I
      don't think so.

What maters is you are trying something new. The reason this test is so
      important is that there are thousands out there already using a form
      of an Adams or Bedini rotor running as much as 1000 rpm's using those
      tape job rotors. They can all get their feet wet with their existing setup.

Here is another reason I like your test. Let's say that with this higher
      resistance wire you reach the cancellation null point at the low rotor
      speed using 24 strands. Not only would you another 24 strands to make
      another output channel but maybe using all 48 strands might let you
      run a 500 rpm rotor speed.

Wouldn't that be kool? I think that would be great. This could make for
      a switchable multi-speed operation. A motor generator that works
      collecting back power at many speeds. Like my room fan, it has 3 speeds.

I did the same thing painting up bailing wire.

Comment

Hi mike, thanks for the kind words and positive encouragement.
        I see what you're saying, many more can use this, If it can be lenz neutral or better at lower rpm's.
        By the way, I guess I did count correctly when I was in the backyard, the coil is 50 strands.
        I finished labeling all the strands today, that was tedious.

Also, for those that may not have seen bromikey's coil making guidance in the other thread.

He gave the great idea of putting posts in the ground at 40 feet, and walking the wire around the posts, back and forth, till you have the number of strands you want.

Next step, going to connect strands in series, incrementally.
        Then, short circuit them for each series coil pair added, to observe for decrease in lenz effect.
        peace love light

Edit: Also just realized, I need to cover all the stripped ends of the strands not in use,
        to prevent any of them from touching and messing with the experiment, so, no testing until that is done.
        Last edited by SkyWatcher; 04-27-2019, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Thank You Mr Turion

Here is me being audacious That's me. Squeaky wheel. I
          feel like I need to be a public nuisance talking extremes to get
          attention.

You will notice that the 11th strand (each one 170ft) was not the null
          point but way way past allowing drive motor power reduction of nearly
          500ma. Starting at 2400ma dropping to 1930ma without collecting
          the coils energy. That energy amount was another 20watts so let look.
          Using only half the coils strands. What if I had 6 coils?

88vac x 2400ma = 211 watts drive input dropped to

88vac X 1930ma = 170 watts then add another 20 watts or less.

At 17 strands I generated far less but speed up was great but because
          my wire is only rated at 600vac and I was running 1100vac It has
          weakened. Untrustworthy for any accurate measurements at this point.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INXNsyFMBgE[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8kY6IXvjok[/VIDEO]

Last edited by BroMikey; 04-27-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

So true, the collective army of youth coming over the hill.
            Let's go boys. Reminds me of the first time I searched for Dave Lawton
            to ask him a question and he had been long gone years ago.

Nothing lasts forever even tho most people think so.

Yes yes I would like to here more about these multi-coils. You say you
            have some experience motoring and generating? Maybe the coil is the
            same? Hum..? Well I must admit I have never plugged one into power
            to see what it does.

Not sure where to start but guessing use any pickup method you like to
            setup a triggering circuit to fire the coils when the magnet comes around?

How did I do? Do I get my picture on the cover of the ROLLING STONE?

Comment

Quick coil update

Hi all, Thanks for sharing the videos mike, I'll keep an eye on your channel.
              Thanks for sharing that information turion, maybe after I get some experience with the generator coil aspect.

I've wired 12 coil strands in series so far and brought the rpm up to probably 1200-1400 rpm.
              I'm noticing now when shorting the series coil, it is not bogging down as much, whereas with 1-6 coils in series, it was bogging hard.
              Will continue the experiment.
              peace love light

And here's the latest pic with wires all labeled and with end protectors, messy.

Last edited by SkyWatcher; 04-27-2019, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Last update for today

Hi all, At number 24 coil strand, when shorted, it is slowing down much less than at 12 coil strands, probably 50-60% less bogging, than at 12 strands.

I tested the 24 coil strands at 1725 rpm.
                Also, the gap from permanent magnet to core is about 1/8".
                peace love light

Comment

Hi all, At number 24 coil strand, when shorted, it is slowing down much less than at 12 coil strands, probably 50-60% less bogging, than at 12 strands.

I tested the 24 coil strands at 1725 rpm.
                  Also, the gap from permanent magnet to core is about 1/8".
                  peace love light
                  See that data is worth it's weight in gold added to the present information
                  at 2800 rpm's. (960ft and your are almost at the null for such a low speed.

Very exciting to me. Of course the number of magnet poles matters. i
                  think the more magnets on a rotor the sooner the null will be reach at a low RPM. Good gap too, great work to advance this research.

Thane is running 3700rpm most of the time however has shown a few
                  instances of slight speed up (Null Point) at lower than 3600 rpm but he is
                  switching off the current yet still generating and motoring at the same
                  time.

For just a simple setup using rotor and coils shows us a lot to start with.

Maybe at strand 30? Complete null with slight speed up?

Keep us on the edge Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion
                    A coil with 1 strand 2,400' long with a potential of 100v on it would have a capacity of 27,756. Three strands each 800' long in parallel with 100v on it would have 202,500 (7.3 times as much).

https://www.teslascientific.com/prod...ce-calculator/

But remember, according to the “experts” around here, none of this matters or is good for anything.
                    hey Turion

Wow on the difference of capacity. Or Capacitance? I'm not the sharpest
                    knife in the drawer on what the 7X figure can do to this. I wonder if you
                    might run Sky's figures of 24 stands of 40 ft each?

Forget the nay-sayers, they are oblivious. maybe I will try that calculator
                    myself.

NOTE: I could not calculate the coil using that calculator here is another
                    but not multifilar

Helical Coil Calculator
                    Last edited by BroMikey; 04-28-2019, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Mikey,

The number of magnets on the rotor has everything to do with coil output but NOTHING to do with speed up under load.
                      My mistake. I am mixing up he 24 generator patent data mixed in. 2 pole
                      is 3600 rpm and 4 pole is 1750rpm and as conventional generators add
                      poles up to 24 poles the generator rpm's is way lower but has nothing to
                      do with speed up.

my mistake.

Comment

Hi all, up to 40 coil strands and just about lenz neutral at 1725-1950 rpm, barely perceptible slow down by ear when series coil shorted.
                        I don't want to go much beyond 2000 rpm, as you see the rotor I have.
                        Will connect the rest in series and see how she goes.
                        peace love light

Comment

I made that mistake and gave out false information. So YOU probably got it from ME. My fAULT.
                          Naw, I never listen to you, you know that, all those long boring excerpts

Thx man, wide shoulders, just like a good teacher covering for his students.

Comment

Hi all, up to 40 coil strands and just about lenz neutral at 1725-1950 rpm, barely perceptible slow down by ear when series coil shorted.
                            I don't want to go much beyond 2000 rpm, as you see the rotor I have.
                            Will connect the rest in series and see how she goes.
                            peace love light
                            You must be careful yes. You could put up a barrier, temporary. The main
                            thing is keeping you in one piece.

Okay 2000 rmp's 40 strands X 40 ft long each, hummm..............

40 X 40 = 1600ft so for such a slow speed maybe your rotor is okay?

Your rotor is doing the job just fine for this test. Looks like your rotor
                            magnets are long so as the surfaces come close to the core material
                            on one end of the magnet it pulls away then come back again to the 1/8"
                            gap. Those are slight mechanical difficulties that will be easily remedied
                            with a little brainstorming next time you want to dream.

Not bad for a tape job setup, shows what we never knew for sure and
                            needed to get time to try. Made my day. Besides who wants a gold
                            plated rotor for a single test that is going in the pile anyway?

Dang i can't get over it, For such a slow speed you would normally need
                            about 2500ft of wire but with a million strands (feels like million) put in
                            series brings it way down. Good going chief, you just took the charge.

Comment

Hi all, finished testing the series connection with this 51 strand coil, yes it was 51 after all, when first labeling, I marked 2 strands with the same number.

So, unfortunately, at the 1950 rpm and maybe a little bit higher, it is just slightly bogging when shorted, increases around 10 milliamps or so with amp meter connected.
                              Guess I should have made it 60 strands.
                              I wonder if increasing the magnet to core gap might help give a lower rpm delay.
                              Mike, I notice you have quite a bit of core material, between your magnets and where the coil sits on the core in the videos you posted, that alone is probably helping create a delay.

On my coil/core, there is only a 1/4" of core sticking out from where the coil sits, the 1/4" high density board and then the 1/8" core gap.
                              I'm not sure how many rpm's this rotor can go, before being unsafe, any ideas.
                              peace love light
                              Last edited by SkyWatcher; 04-28-2019, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X