Alex Manzanero Lenz Free Magnetic Diode Experiments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Manzanero Lenz Free Magnetic Diode Experiments

Hi all, My attention was brought to Alex Manzanero's lenz free magnetic diode idea.
    I have tried to replicate it and the results so far are interesting.

This is the main video with him explaining it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOGpE6AXDUI

And this is a video I made of my experiments with his idea.
    https://youtu.be/6yNT15tu4sI

peace love light

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
    Hi all, My attention was brought to Alex Manzanero's lenz free magnetic diode idea.
    I have tried to replicate it and the results so far are interesting.
    Nice diode Sky, thanks for proving it on the bench. My son Jordan and I
    (as you may or may not have noticed) have built a slow moving magnet
    rotor to make tests with. I think this qualifies.

I wonder what iron cores might do now. Of course you get a much
    more powerful generator action with a standard core like that. I
    wonder if it works better with say 2 small wall adapter size cores?

Anyway great job. Of course the skeptics will call you names and say
    it is a hoax with the rest of the old unteachable dogs barking
    "MUH LENZ"

Wear ear plugs.

Comment

Hi mike, thanks for the positive words.
      I'm sure the small regular type silicon steel transformers would work, though I would guess there would be some drag, since more eddy currents with those, compared to ferrite.

Though since most people probably will not have these ferrite c-cores, nor do I have many of them to build a multi coil/core generator.
      So I will work on a magnetic diode using the regular silicon steel laminate cores.
      peace love light

Comment

Hi all, I'm rebuilding the ferrite magnet diode.
        Because on my first try, I had to add another c-core because the gap at the rubber washer was too large.
        So I'm reducing the leg with the steel washer to only one washer (1/16" thick) and the other leg with a plastic disc of 1/16" thick also.
        Here are the pics of the first try.

After I get Alex's standard design to work, then I may try normal laminated silicon cores.
        peace love light

Comment

Hi all, I'm rebuilding the ferrite magnet diode.

After I get Alex's standard design to work, then I may try normal laminated silicon cores.
          peace love light
          I saw somewhere that transformer gaps are made thru of
          course experimentation
          by judging how much is generated VS. the slowing
          effect (in this case) on the rotor. All you might need for a perfect
          balance is a milk jug thickness of non metallic material.

Poly does carry electrons and charges around and rubber is less.
          The path of least resistance is why the cores are arranged set to
          create and then it jumps across the gap he says "LATER"? Sounds
          like this geometry is causing a delay in max current at TDC.

Just a guess.

Comment

Hi mike, that's interesting you say that, as I'm experimenting with this smaller gap, I notice it's not the same, it is dragging more.
            Then I put the other c-core back on in same place and it is much better.
            So I'm now thinking the added ferrite c-core on the leg where the rotor magnet interacts with, is causing a delay.
            Meaning, the rotor flux does not reach the other side of the coil at the same time, so we get decent voltage generation, then by that time, the lenz from the other side of coil is coming around and helping to nullify lenz, by creating the magnetic loop.
            Though it may just be a delay effect with either setup as you are thinking.
            I used hot glue this time, to make it easy to change the setup, so this time, I'm going to make the gap a 1/4" on the rubber washer side and 4 stacked washers on other leg for 1/4" also.
            This way, with the extra c-core, which makes the rubber washer side a much longer flux path, we can maybe see if it is actually a delay effect, instead of the magnetic looping.
            It could be a combination of both.
            peace love light

Comment

it would be interesting to try a laminated core, more magnetism would be induced, and by dragging since there is a load it will give the thrust and inertia to be decreased, and if it rotates further the engine is compensated for in profit

Comment

Hi Alex, thanks for replying in the forum.
                I'm currently testing the simple ferromagnetic material, passing a coil/core with a permanent magnet at backside of coil/core.
                I just did a quick test using the ferrite c-cores on rotor, it puts out about 1vac and when the coil is shorted, has zero effect on input amperage.
                Though I need to modify the rotor slightly, to get the ferrite cores on rotor closer to the coil/core, this for more voltage and a better test to be sure there is no lenz reaction.
                If that goes well, then I will try and improve the rotor further and then add more coil/cores.
                peace love light

Comment

Well, may I be suspicious about the results ?
                  I saw "overunity" in transformers when testing 1:1 ratio 10W and 20W transformer (custom made from two identical step down transformers) with 230V AC and with parallel capacitor to get 50Hz resonant frequency. At the end the 1 or 3W of (apparent) overunity goes from magnetizing current or the idle current required for operation of transformer when unloaded is secondary.

To prove overunity in small power scale you need a way to carefully measure the input current for example of the motor driving wheel with glued magnets. For example to lower the idle current for motor but that would be difficult in such a small scale. PWM driving AC motor would imho better measure the variation of input current with speed carefully measured also.

Comment

Hi boguslaw, you can be whatever you like my friend, I'm just experimenting here.

I switched to the ferromagnetic rotor generator device that alex showed because I could not get the device of this thread topic to charge a battery without drag, or other practical loads.
                    Though short circuited was interesting, though keep in mind, my setup was different than alex's, he uses a bigger ferrite core and windings on both sides, so my attempt is probably not a good one.

However, this other device, based on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_WrviFVgJU&t=2s
                    is giving much more interesting results, this device can charge the same 1.2 volt AA nimh cell that I tried on previous device and the input amperage does not increase, meaning the rotor does not slow down.
                    The device as it is at the moment, puts out 2.6 vac at the speed I was running it at, with the one coil/core, no-load.
                    Here is a pic of the current setup.

peace love light
                    Last edited by SkyWatcher; 04-18-2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Hi Alex, thanks for replying in the forum.
                      I'm currently testing the simple ferromagnetic material, passing a coil/core with a permanent magnet at backside of coil/core.
                      I just did a quick test using the ferrite c-cores on rotor, it puts out about 1vac and when the coil is shorted, has zero effect on input amperage.
                      Though I need to modify the rotor slightly, to get the ferrite cores on rotor closer to the coil/core, this for more voltage and a better test to be sure there is no lenz reaction.
                      If that goes well, then I will try and improve the rotor further and then add more coil/cores.
                      peace love light
                      Very well, go ahead, although sometimes you have to perform many tests and configurations, you can try and I have the idea and I will do it, in the separations of the ferrite core put some thin instead of the separators that the Configuration of Manzanero, to see what you get

Comment

HI SkyWatcher,
                        Thanks for sharing. What a find. Just when you think that you've seen most of the ideas that can be done with coils and magnets and stuff, new ones keep coming. It never would have occurred to me to attempt to short circuit or divert the CMMF flux path away from the rotor. I'm talking about the first experiment if I understood it rightly.

I'm curious, the third C coil that seems to be bridging the air gap, did you find that it worked better with it, than without it ?

The second experiment looks very interesting too.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi lotec, you're welcome, though I'm not so sure if both of these ideas are new, maybe slightly different.
                          The 3rd ferrite c-core bridging the gap, helped reduce lenz, though it seemed to also lower the output from the generator coil.

The second experiment is showing good results.
                          I added another coil/core, each coil/core now has 6 magnets stacked at back end and they are in attraction mode, relative to each other.
                          I have the coils in series and the output is doubled at least.
                          When charging a 1.2v AA nimh cell, rpm slightly decreases and with 3.7 volt lithium ion cell, only slight decrease as well.
                          This setup with 2 coil/cores, when short circuited, slows down a little bit more.
                          Though when removing one of the magnet stacks from one of the coil/cores, when coils full wave bridge output is shorted, the rpm seems not affected.
                          Not sure what to think at the moment, anyone have any thoughts on this.
                          peace love light

Comment

regards
                            reading your advances it seems that the magnets do not help you decrease the lenz, because they rent the rotation of the rotor magnets, now the two coils in series as you say that you connect them give you more voltage, if you go to the nuclei in the form of U or to the closed cycle of Mr. Alex, try to put in the separation only one magnet on each side of the ferrite core instead of the iron and plastic that Mr. Alex Manzanero uses, and if you comment on it, in any way thank you to share

Comment

Hi alexelectric, this second experimental idea does have merit, I think it just needs to be set up correctly.
                              I shorted the series coils without using the full wave bridge, meaning direct to the ac output of the coils and I did not detect any slow down.
                              Not sure why that is at the moment, though I will give it some thought.
                              Comments or ideas welcome.
                              peace love light

Comment

Working...
                              X