The bistander thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Have you proved my claim is false? No, you have not. No more than I have proved it is true.
    Do you claim you are not a pedophile? By your logic, you should have to prove it if you do.
    Turion,
    such a lame response. We been through it before. The burden of proof is on he who makes the claim. Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof. All I am doing is attempting to hold you to social norms. You made the claim, all I have stated is fact, truth and science. Look it up.
    bi
    “Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” was a phrase made popular by Carl Sagan who reworded Laplace's , which says that “the weight of evidence for an extraordinary claim must be proportioned to its strangeness” (Gillispie et al., 1999).Jun 10, 2011
    SHIFTING THE BURDEN OF PROOF

The burden of proof is always on the person making an assertion or proposition. Shifting the burden of proof, a special case of argumentum ad ignorantium, is the fallacy of putting the burden of proof on the person who denies or questions the assertion being made. The source of the fallacy is the assumption that something is true unless proven otherwise.

The person making a negative claim cannot logically prove nonexistence. And here's why: to know that a X does not exist would require a perfect knowledge of all things (omniscience).

Comment

• So you AREN'T claiming that you're not a pedophile?
      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Turion,
        the issue is a claim which you made, on this public forum, which was an extraordinary claim, it was unsolicited, and you have reconfirmed that claim many times for over the past 5 years, yet refuse to provide proof of claim. That is what this is about.
        It is not about me.
        bi

Comment

• So you AREN'T claiming that you're not a pedophile?
          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• I have no intention of removing any of the posts I have made here. But thank you for the post you made on my THREADS (plural). I made a screen shot of them as I have of many of your other post, and have added them to my collection. As you may or may not know, calling me a liar, a fraud and a con man are acts of libel, and while only INFERRING that I am a pedophile my not be, when added to the other statements you have made, it clearly displays a pattern of behavior. You see, I am an actual PERSON, so statements YOU make about ME which affect my reputation are legally actionable, while statements I make about some coward named "bistander" who hides in the dark and attacks the reputations of others while keeping his own identity hidden are NOT. And if you imagine that there will NEVER be a reckoning, I wish you luck.

So you AREN'T claiming that you're not a pedophile?
            Last edited by Turion; 02-04-2023, 11:50 PM.

Comment

I have no intention of removing any of the posts I have made here. But thank you for the post you made on my THREADS (plural). I made a screen shot of them as I have of many of your other post, and have added them to my collection. As you may or may not know, calling me a liar, a fraud and a con man are acts of libel, and while only INFERRING that I am a pedophile my not be, when added to the other statements you have made, it clearly displays a pattern of behavior. You see, I am an actual PERSON, so statements YOU make about ME which affect my reputation are legally actionable, while statements I make about some coward named "bistander" who hides in the dark and attacks the reputations of others while keeping his own identity hidden are NOT. And if you imagine that there will NEVER be a reckoning, I wish you luck.

Been through this many times. Truth is an absolute defense to libel claims. I've never said anything untrue about you. Prove your extraordinary claim and make a liar out of me, then you might have a case.

So you believe your childish behavior is acceptable on this forum but don't like it when someone does the same to you?

As far as my pattern off behavior, what's wrong with demanding proof of your public claim and asking pertinent questions and making on-topic true statements and facts and challenging your rhetoric and nonsense? The record stands on the pages of this forum, even though you've attempted to delete it several times. I wish a neutral qualified arbitrator would review it and deliver an opinion. Maybe then you'd seek the help you obviously need. Why do you need play these childish games? You have routinely resorted to uncivil behavior towards me. The record is clear about that.

So why don't you grow up and get on-topic and finish your generator project and test it publicly like you've promised? Prove it does what you claim.
              bi

Comment

• You didn't just call me a liar. You also called me a fraud and a con man. Why should I be civil to someone who doesn't have the huevos to face me like a man, and hides in the bushes while making libelous statements about me? Please! LOL

As for the generator, we are still working on it. That has never stopped. We are not required to meet YOUR timeline on anything. When it is finished we plan on having it independently tested, AGAIN. And I will share the results with the many people who have contacted me about this project. Just not YOU. That will happen when it happens, and no amount of whining about it by you will make it happen any faster. Until then I am more than happy to let it lie, but you won't let that happen. So every time you bug me, you know what my response will be now don't you?

Have the huevos to face me like a man, and quit hiding in the bushes like a coward.

Comment

• Moving on....

Actually something new about something discussed here years ago.

The Bloch Wall.

The common usage of the term Bloch wall here on this forum by many members has been incorrect and ridiculous. I had attempted to point this out and tried to remedy the practice but failed and just gave up. I knew (know) it was wrong. Just today I have happened to find a great supporting opinion. It is a video contained in this post on another forum which I'll paste here for reference.

quote author=nix85 Firstly don't misuse the term "bloch wall". The area between two
                  magnets is not a bloch wall, bloch wall refers to microscopic transitional zone where flux gradually changes from one polarity
                  to another between magnetic domains inside a magnet. I already shared this video here.

Bloch Wall and the Misconceptions Surrounding Peer Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTV1EVb-V2c

Interesting also is the video's author's opinion of the ferrocell and article by a member (at the time) of this forum, EM, a certain Greek professor whose member id escapes me atm. Emmanouil Markoulakis is his name. Avatar Markoul

Should you have any interest, please click on the link and watch the vid.

Ref. Link to other forum post.
                  https://overunity.com/19069/holcomb-...744/#msg578744

Ref. Link to EM's publication.
                  https://www.researchgate.net/publica...etic_Ferrolens

Ref. Link to this forums's thread on Ferrocell.
                  http://www.energeticforum.com/forum/...cell-ferrolens

bi
                  Last edited by bistander; 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Hey Turion,
                    any progress with your generator?
                    bi

Comment

• Originally posted by bistander View Post
                      Hey Turion,
                      bi
                      BUMP

Turion....Are you still alive?
                      bi

Comment

• Originally posted by bistander View Post
                        Hey Turion,
                        bi
                        BUMP!!!!

Does anyone know if member Turion is still among us?
                        Thanks.
                        bi

Comment

• I'm alive. Tending to my 87 year old mom who fell and fractured her ankle in several places. Threw out my back and still recovering. Haven't bothered with the generator in months. I know it was supposed to be back from the machinist already, but haven't contacted the guys lately. Will post when I have something of interest. I'm working on other projects anyway.

Comment

I'm alive. Tending to my 87 year old mom who fell and fractured her ankle in several places. Threw out my back and still recovering. Haven't bothered with the generator in months. I know it was supposed to be back from the machinist already, but haven't contacted the guys lately. Will post when I have something of interest. I'm working on other projects anyway.
                            Might as well. It never worked anyway and never would.
                            bi

Comment

• You're entitled to your opinion. Unfortunately for you, the facts prove otherwise.

Comment

You're entitled to your opinion. Unfortunately for you, the facts prove otherwise.
                                Turion,
                                after all this time, you, nor anyone else, has ever presented a fact, a true fact, a real fact or proof to support your claim. You have repeatedly said you would produce proof but you never have, and now you have given up. The record here speaks for itself, that is more than just my opinion. It's the truth.

Your generator never worked as you claim. You can't make it do what you claim, nor can anyone else. It is a failure. That is fact. That is truth. You can't handle it. So run away like you've done previously.
                                bi

Comment

Working...
                                X