No announcement yet.

The bistander thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t know. I did a lot of reading and research about pulse charging li batteries. I donor remember every link I clicked in or exactly what they said. The gust of what I read us that it is ok for ME to pulse charge li batteries. Other people should do their own research and make their own decision.
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by bistander View Post
      ...So again, which source or reference put you on to it and what benefits do you expect and how exactly do you go about choosing and implementing the algorithm?
      bi
      Originally posted by Turion View Post
      I don’t know. I did a lot of reading and research about pulse charging li batteries. I donor remember every link I clicked in or exactly what they said. The gust of what I read us that it is ok for ME to pulse charge li batteries. Other people should do their own research and make their own decision.
      OK. You can't recall or didn't save any of the articles or references, but please tell us what benefits do you expect and how exactly do you go about choosing and implementing the algorithm?
      Thanks.
      bi

Comment

• I don't expect ANY benefits other than charging the battery. That's it. If you don't want to do it that way, DON'T!
        “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
          I don't expect ANY benefits other than charging the battery. That's it. If you don't want to do it that way, DON'T!
          Hey, you brought it up. Now you're flustered and don't want to discuss it. Why?
          ​​​​​​So you don't expect any benefits (other than charging the battery, which can be more easily done without pulsing), still, how do you choose and implement the algorithm?
          And you still haven't addressed the extra IsquaredR loss, except that you heard it wasn't so. Can you not do the simple math and see it is real?
          bi

Comment

• I read several articles about pulse charging li batteries. I pointed out it can be done. If you want more information, find people who are writing articles about it and ask them. I am experimenting with it. End of story.

is this how you prove to yourself that you are relevant? Rather than building, you know, ANYTHING and posting results?

Comment

I read several articles about pulse charging li batteries. I pointed out it can be done. If you want more information, find people who are writing articles about it and ask them. I am experimenting with it. End of story.

is this how you prove to yourself that you are relevant? Rather than building, you know, ANYTHING and posting results?
              You say "I am experimenting with it." But you're unwilling to discuss it. OK. Why did you point it out? I mentioned why I responded. I have experience and knowledge regarding Li cells and batteries. Just this past week I balanced a 48 cell LiNMC battery in my yard tractor which has been in service for 11 years. I built (converted) it. But I don't need to prove relevancy. I suspect relevancy is your motive for posting pulse charging Li, which, I think will do more harm than good and increase associated risk.
              bi

Comment

• Your opinion. Some of the experts disagree.
                YEs it has to be done correctly. I agree with that.

Comment

Your opinion. Some of the experts disagree.
                  YEs it has to be done correctly. I agree with that.
                  I'd still like to see which experts had what to say. When searching for Lithium battery charging, it is rare to see any mention of pulse charging. When searching for Lithium battery pulse charging, yes, there are hits. Not sure I saw any where pulse was used other than with fast charging. Are you fast charging? Even above 4C, most like 6 or 8C? I doubt it. So where, and whom, says there is what benefit to your situation? And how did you determine the algorithm to do it correctly? And how do you implement that?

I've read a number of conclusion sections of the papers available to non-members of the respective societies. And most are based off simulation. Often they claim mitigation of Lithium plating. Some speculate 5% increase life. Some claim reduced charge time. Most request further study (funds). A few, like the one which I quoted previously, saw no benefit. Several mentioned or calculated increased heat, even citing that as a reason for improved performance, chemicals often work better warmer.

Overall I don't see a good reason for you to use it. Especially since you claim you don't expect any benefit. Why use the distraction? But that seems to be your way: to clutter the project with useless features.

I saw that product you posted on the other thread. That's cute. For primary cells. Put a 99˘ product on a $1 AA cell to get that last 10% charge. You buyin' into that?
                  bi
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

... Maybe now bistander will build one and get it working. Wouldn't THAT be fun?
                    What????
                    Trying to drag me into that stupid BS. No thanks. I've been watching. I try had not to interact with the OP of that thread. None of you three discussing that circuit have a clue. I certainly don't need to build it to know everything about it. So, carry on and have fun.
                    bi

BTW, what in the world would lead you to say a boost converter is OU? On second thought, nevermind.
                    Last edited by bistander; 08-03-2022, 05:00 AM. Reason: Added BTW

Comment

I find it humorous that bistander has dumped all over the 3 Battery System for YEARS, but now that you are posting data, he has nothing to say. Wonder why?
                      oh, wait, he said he doesn’t need to build it because he knows everything about it. LOL
                      Hi Turion,
                      I'll tell you why. Your multiple battery schemes and splitting positives are all worthless waste of energy. You don't know what you're talking about, don't listen to reason or learn basic electrical, energy and physics fundamentals. You say the boost converter is overunity. You're a lost cause.
                      So I choose not to engage in a pizzing match with you over this. I'll just continue to wait for you to finally fullfil a promise to test your generator. Have your city friends made any progress?
                      bi

Comment

• Hey Turion,

Have your buddies in the city made any progress on the generator?
                        bi

Comment

• Originally posted by bistander View Post
                          Hey Turion,

Have your buddies in the city made any progress on the generator?
                          bi
                          I hate to butt in on that obsolete generator but it could take years to find the right core material. No one has paid any attention to my comments for the past 5 years concerning core material. No time was given for the search. This should take some time for those guys. Ferrites are out, iron dust, beebee's (joke) or random stacks of permalloy will take months if someone with unlimited resources starts today.

The next generation might take up this task for this design, but it is already perfected by others. You were wrong.

Comment

• They are convinced the lack of production from the new coils that I tested on my coil testing setup is due to something mechanical or magnetic with the new generator, so they are spending time and money on the OLD generator to see why they got such good results with it. They are having a new shaft made and new bearings and motor mounts. I lot of money to spend when the opposition magnets on it will NEVER accurately adjust and hold their adjustment. But hey, it's not my money now, so they can do what they want.

The loud noise the new machine made they believe is because of the missing magnets, where I removed some from the rotor, but I told them it was making that noise when ALL the magnets were in the rotor. But it DIDN'T make this noise with the LAST rotor. Anyway, they are working with the machinist. They are spending time and money on TWO machines now. Fine by me.

I can work on my other project. You know, the multiple battery schemes and splitting positives that you say is worthless. Had it running 50 watts of load and batteries all holding steady. Going for 100 watts now. I know that isn't much, but it's just proof of concept. Can't wait to see what it will do on the lithium batteries.

Comment

If you have 3 batteries, put two in series and connect the boost module positive in to the positive output of the two batteries in series. Connect the negative in of the boost module to the positive of the third battery. Connect the negative of the third battery to the negative of the two batteries in series. Take the output of the boost module set to 26 volts and run it through a load to the positive of the third battery. You will have to rotate your batteries to keep up the potential difference and keep the batteries charged. Again, do not forget the diode!. Set boost module for 26 volts.

I have included a schematic for both circuits.

Hi Turion,

Have you ever run the second circuit, 3 battery experiment? Please post your findings.
                              Thanks.
                              bi

Comment

• I have run that circuit HUNDREDS of times with lead acid batteries, but never with lithium. All I have ever gotten from that circuit with lead acid batteries is extended run times. Eventually the batteries always ran down. Wantomake just posted a video using the four battery switch, which simply adds another battery in parallel to the one at the bottom of the schematic you are talking about, and he used an inverter as his load. I'm sure he will be posting all about his results.

I am concentrating on building a single battery looped system because it is pretty hard to argue with a setup that runs a load and keeps the source battery charged. I tried for a long time with lead acid and the batteries just couldn't handle it. The lithium seem to handle it much better, and I want to try the hybrid batteries I was talking about the other day. But first I will exhaust the possibilities with lithium. As some point there should be a load that is compatible with the system that allows everything to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X