The bistander thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
    And wouldn’t what I stated be classified as “redirecting” the field?
    A short circuit is redirecting. But not getting the current where you want it. Same thing here. You're just shorting N to S so flux doesn't go into core or coil. What sense does that make?

Take a D cell battery. + at one end, - at opposite end. What sense does it make to short the ends with a conductive cylinder? See the analogy?
    bi

Comment

• I see the analogy, but that’s NOT what K&J said. Read what I quoted from them. They said it could even INCREASE what came out of the two ends. Like I said, I am searching for more info. The source YOU told me to contact doesn’t agree with you. But I have no idea how much THEY actually know on this specific subject. Looking for expert input.

https://www.uu.edu/dept/physics/scienceguys/2004Feb.cfm

“In order to redirect magnetic field lines, you offer them a preferred path. Magnetic field lines prefer to travel in materials that have certain magnetic properties, namely materials with high permeability. By placing a material of high permeability (or at least a permeability higher than the region in question) around the region you wish to shield, you effectively offer the field lines a better path to travel. The magnetic lines take that path and stay out of the region you wanted to shield. The high permeability material will "conduct" the magnetic field lines better than its original path. While it is not the same phenomenon, this reminds us of the fact that electricity takes the path of least resistance. The field lines choose the easiest path to travel. Thus, a shell of high permeability material built around an area will effectively keep most of the magnetic field lines in the actual shell itself and out of the area inside the shell.”

So if the shell is around the magnet itself it stands to reason that it offers a path of least resistance for flux to travel from N to S and S to N, limiting the flux OUTSIDE the shell, does it not? Still researching.
      Last edited by Turion; 07-05-2022, 06:50 PM.
      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

I see the analogy, but that’s NOT what K&J said. Read what I quoted from them. They said it could even INCREASE what came out of the two ends. Like I said, I am searching for more info. The source YOU told me to contact doesn’t agree with you. But I have no idea how much THEY actually know on this specific subject. Looking for expert input.

https://www.uu.edu/dept/physics/scienceguys/2004Feb.cfm

“In order to redirect magnetic field lines, you offer them a preferred path. Magnetic field lines prefer to travel in materials that have certain magnetic properties, namely materials with high permeability. By placing a material of high permeability (or at least a permeability higher than the region in question) around the region you wish to shield, you effectively offer the field lines a better path to travel. The magnetic lines take that path and stay out of the region you wanted to shield. The high permeability material will "conduct" the magnetic field lines better than its original path. While it is not the same phenomenon, this reminds us of the fact that electricity takes the path of least resistance. The field lines choose the easiest path to travel. Thus, a shell of high permeability material built around an area will effectively keep most of the magnetic field lines in the actual shell itself and out of the area inside the shell.”

So if the shell is around the magnet itself it stands to reason that it offers a path of least resistance for flux to travel from N to S and S to N, limiting the flux OUTSIDE the shell, does it not? Still researching.
        "In order to redirect magnetic field lines, you offer them a preferred path."

You want the core in your coil to be the preferred path, not some can surrounding the magnet.

You must have found some guy at K&J new at his job or just ficking with your head. You like your bench, have a gaussmeter and cylindrical magnets, test it. Shouldn't be too difficult to find a ferromagnetic pipe with ID close to magnet OD. Cut to magnet length and measure with and without the "shield".
        bi

Comment

• Originally posted by bistander View Post

"In order to redirect magnetic field lines, you offer them a preferred path."

You want the core in your coil to be the preferred path, not some can surrounding the magnet.

You must have found some guy at K&J new at his job or just ficking ....
          Cut to magnet length and measure with and without the "shield".
          bi
          Already done that see my videos

Comment

• So the two experts I cited are incorrect because they do not agree with you. Hmmmmm. That sounds like someone I know! Oh wait, it’s me! LOL
            “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

So the two experts I cited are incorrect because they do not agree with you. Hmmmmm. That sounds like someone I know! Oh wait, it’s me! LOL
              Turion,
              I'm glad you took my advice and consulted your magnet supplier. He does say "might" and "could". I think he is guessing. At least he could run a simulation. They show several on the link you provided.
              ​​​​​
              That was one "expert". You say there were two? Do you mean the scienceguys 2004 quote? You must misinterpret that. From what I read there, it agrees with my reasoning.

If such a thing actually "could even INCREASE what came out of the two ends", you'd think we would see some in commerical or industrial use, somewhere, at sometime. Got any examples?
              bi
              ​​​​​​

Comment

• Energy is neither created or destroyed, it is merely moved around and converted...remember your story book bi? The fields are not cancelled bi, just redirected, get a grip.
                Last edited by BroMikey; 07-06-2022, 04:17 AM.

Comment

• I have no examples. Still doing research. It seems funny to me that they sell these shields, which they do, if they are of no significant value. But I find no examples. Bro says he has videos that prove the concept. Not sure I have seen those.

Comment

I have no examples. Still doing research. It seems funny to me that they sell these shields, which they do, if they are of no significant value. But I find no examples. Bro says he has videos that prove the concept. Not sure I have seen those.
                    I'll see what I can do. Hey Dave you are by a forest, bummer deals. Hope it blows over soon

Comment

• I live just below the snow line. In the forest. The light up sign that says 'chains required ahead" is just before the road that turns off to my house. So not TOO high up, but not a flatlander either. Even when I lived in AZ, I lived in Flagstaff, which is a mountain town with a ski resort where it snowed all the damn time. At least here I was smart enough to buy property just below the snow line. I HATE shoveling snow!!!!!!!!! But live in the forest in the West and fire is always a possibility.
                      Last edited by Turion; 07-06-2022, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Hi Turion,
                        Last news was your home survived in tact. That's good. Able to get your genny up and running yet?
                        bi

Comment

• Home, and had the generator up and running yesterday with only 10 magnets in the rotor with lots of space between. The output was only around 36 volts on a coil PAIR, so not sure what is going on. Couldn't light up a 100 watt bulb with two coils. I can light up a 300 watt bulb on the old machine. I decided to put in only ONE coil and see what a single coil would do, and before I could even start up the machine, it sucked a magnet out of the rotor. This is very unsafe. I called my guys, and they are going to have a 12 magnet rotor made that is 2 1/8" thick so I can put two 1" magnets back to back with a 3/4 x 1/8 in between them. It's a thick rotor, but at least it is safe. Meanwhile, I am going to pull this machine apart and put large washers on (the magnets on) one side of the rotor and coils on the other side so I can at least try to figure out why my voltage output is so horrible. Do I have bad coils? what's the deal? Because when they are put in the OLD machine they put out power and the only difference between the two machines is number of magnets on the rotor (it had 12) and the opposition magnets were square instead of round. So I'm working at it in between four other projects I need to get done. I'm still here. Haven't gone away.

Comment

Home, and had the generator up and running yesterday with only 10 magnets in the rotor with lots of space between. The output was only around 36 volts on a coil PAIR, so not sure what is going on. Couldn't light up a 100 watt bulb with two coils. I can light up a 300 watt bulb on the old machine. I decided to put in only ONE coil and see what a single coil would do, and before I could even start up the machine, it sucked a magnet out of the rotor. This is very unsafe. I called my guys, and they are going to have a 12 magnet rotor made that is 2 1/8" thick so I can put two 1" magnets back to back with a 3/4 x 1/8 in between them. It's a thick rotor, but at least it is safe. Meanwhile, I am going to pull this machine apart and put large washers on (the magnets on) one side of the rotor and coils on the other side so I can at least try to figure out why my voltage output is so horrible. Do I have bad coils? what's the deal? Because when they are put in the OLD machine they put out power and the only difference between the two machines is number of magnets on the rotor (it had 12) and the opposition magnets were square instead of round. So I'm working at it in between four other projects I need to get done. I'm still here. Haven't gone away.
                            hillbilly free energy

Comment

Home, and had the generator up and running yesterday with only 10 magnets in the rotor with lots of space between. The output was only around 36 volts on a coil PAIR, so not sure what is going on. ...
                              Thanks.
                              36 volts. Open circuit?
                              And is the open circuit (oc) voltage proportional to RPM? at or around your tested speed.
                              Didn't you have a smaller test rotor, like with 4 magnets, you can use to test that coil?
                              bi

Comment

• Yes, 36 volts open circuit. That was at 2800 rpm on the big rotor. I do have a small rotor. Hopefully I will get to test that tomorrow. With a different coil I got over 60 volts with the small test rotor also at 2800 rpm. The wheel with a single magnet on it I am using to measure rpm is the SAME size on both units.

Comment

Working...
                                X