No announcement yet.

The bistander thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turion, give us some numbers please like 116pf, 500mH, 660Hz. I realise my numbers are total fiction.
    Many thanks.

Comment

• I had a plan, I'd use a makita to drive my test rig. We use makitas for the business so they're available, variable speed
      loads of torque and they're pretty much bulletproof. There's one snag which is the braking effect. So the solution to the kinetic energy in the rotor is to use a freewheeling hub.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quantum_well View Post
        I had a plan, I'd use a makita to drive my test rig. We use makitas for the business so they're available, variable speed
        loads of torque and they're pretty much bulletproof. There's one snag which is the braking effect. So the solution to the kinetic energy in the rotor is to use a freewheeling hub.
        You need 3600 rpm's or more. 900 rpm is to slow. Here write all this down

Comment

• I did look for my LCR meter. I think I might have left it in Santa Clare last time I was there because I took all my meters down to measure the machine at Greyland's shop. The are supposed to bring me my parts this Saturday, so maybe I can get them to bring back my meter. I know for sure he has my other RMS meter and a couple simple volt meters I wasn't using.

Finally got ahold of Greyland. He DOES have my meter. They will drop it off on Sunday and I will get you numbers. I thought they were coming through on Saturday, but it will be Sunday. Ought to have the ends of the coil wires cleaned off by then.

bi, If there is some special trick to using an LCR meter, I don't know what it is. I set it on C to measure capacitance and L to measure inductance. I know the inductance reading changes depending on the core material.

bro,
          I don't know why you told Quantum he needs 3600 rpm when you know NOTHING about his rotor and NOTHING about his coil because he has provided NO information yet expects me to tell him how to wind a coil. I have wound coils that will speed up at 1800 RPM, 2300 RPM, and 2800 RPM. I have NEVER needed over 2800 PRM. But I know how many magnets to put on the rotor, its size, and how to wind the coil. Without knowing how many magnets on the rotor, its size, and the rpm it will be turning at, he is shooting in the dark. But that's his problem. He doesn't listen, so he gets what he deserves. He would be better off just using a capacitor in parallel with the coil, like I said.

One thing I am going to go ahead and point out here is that the reason I run lights as my load, is because when you connect a light to a coil as load, you affect the capacitance hardly at all, but if you attempt to run something like a MOTOR from the coil, especially a BRUSHED motor where connections are made and broken, that is a whole different ball game. Adding a motor is putting the coil inside the motor in series with the generator coil, and what have you just done to the capacitance when you do that? It's like adding a capacitor. You can KILL the resonance effect. You would need to start thinking about switching systems and using an Arduino or something to switch caps in and out and run off the caps when they are disconnected from the generator. Complicated.
          Last edited by Turion; 03-19-2021, 04:00 AM.
          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
          —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Okay I made a mistake on Quantum, he may go for 2800rpm or 1800 rpm? Not sure. I was more wondering what his target might be. I'll butt out and let you work with him.

Here is a video for LCR, not voodoo and does not help you find free energy. You guys are just playing. You don't impress anyone. When you are all done quantum like BYE will throw you under the bus, just like Mattie. Good luck with that.

Last edited by BroMikey; 03-19-2021, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• Here is how all you gentlemen can play with your meters. Res is not res or there are 2 forms of res. Dave will now tell us that he has found 3 same ole, mr right at any cost.

You want to play with it follow the meek. She's got it all on her channel. Don't want to make it seem to easy.

Last edited by BroMikey; 03-19-2021, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• Look what I found in my kitchen this morning. IMG_20210319_080307~2.jpg

Comment

• Don’t tell my wife! She loves goats.

And by the way bro, that was a quote from an electrical engineer talking about resonance in a coil, not MY words. Take it up with him. And if you bother to look at some of the things I posted, it seems lots of folks in the field of electrical engineering agree with him. I have spoken to one individual who has worked for 30 years in transformer design and he agrees with him too. But of course YOU know better. Cause YOU saw a YouTube video. LOL

Do a little research into what happens when inductive reactance and capacitive reactance cancel each other out.
                  Last edited by Turion; 03-19-2021, 04:22 PM.
                  “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• This interests me so I thought someone else might like it, so take it or leave it.

https://youtu.be/uyAs_pA-bDI

Comment

• Very well done presentation on multiple strand coils and why they increase capacitance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quantum_well View Post
                        This interests me so I thought someone else might like it, so take it or leave it.

https://youtu.be/uyAs_pA-bDI
                        Hi Q_w,
                        Thanks.

The fellow has some nice instruments and appears to know how to use them. Why do you suppose he did not simply use an LCR meter to get the L & C?
                        bi
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post

And by the way bro, that was a quote And if you bother to look ....... But of course YOU know better.

More of the same ole, painful heartless Dave who is getting all he will ever get now. Good Bye David.
                          I have shown you every curtesy, you are what you are. I have never been able to reach you.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
                            Dave will now tell us that he has found 3 same ole, mr right at any cost.

Oh, I get it. You are allowed to say anything you want about me, but when I respond with the truth, that the quote was from an electrical engineer, not ME, you can’t handle the truth.

Goodbye bro. Sad to see you go. We will miss all your YouTube postings of other preople’s work.

Comment

• Friends, Mr. Dave, Mr. Mike let's continue sharing, learning, studying, experimenting, that's the best, it illustrates us.

It is healthy to have different points of view, to debate respectfully

Research and experimentation should be the central point

There is much to study, learn, research and experiment.

I share the following link

https://youtu.be/5D_lJka2wDg

Comment

• This came from good old Wikipedia. I do contribute the odd dollar.A bifilar coil is an electromagnetic coil that contains two closely spaced, parallel windings. In engineering, the word bifilar describes wire which is made of two filaments or strands. It is commonly used to denote special types of winding wire for transformers. Wire can be purchased in bifilar form, usually as different colored enameled wire bonded together. For three strands, the term trifilar coil is used.
                                ​​​​​​​
                                Bifilar coil configurations
                                1. parallel-wound, series connected
                                2. parallel-wound, parallel connected
                                3. counter-wound (series)
                                4. counter-wound (parallel)

Comment

Working...
                                X