The bistander thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alexelectric View Post
    if we don't go to the experimental process, and we do the tests that when there are fewer cores, there is less consumption, and when there are more cores there is more consumption, you say that it is irrelevant at the nominal speed.
    You're as bad as Turion. I never said that. At least you may use language translation as excuse.
    bi

Comment

• Originally posted by alexelectric View Post

We are with the cores and magnets, only, and not with the coils
      Good. An answer. Now, who is we?
      bi

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post

YES, the attractive force is in the axial direction, but it still exists. We both know there is no "force" that is equal and opposite. (Wikipedia will come in handy here as its definition of force doesn't match what you are claiming.) You have mechanical contrivances that PREVENT those two things from coming into contact. Holding something in place mechanically does not meet the definition of FORCE now does it? Or have you changed the laws of physics? How are you going to try and twist THIS one around.
        I rest my case. Remember the brick on the table? You say the table does not exert a force on the brick equal to its weight in the upward direction. You really don't believe Newton, do you?
        bi

Comment

There is attraction of the magnet to the core. That is the point
          I invite you to go out in your front yard and push your house onto your neighbors property. You will not be able to do it, but you will expend ENERGY giving it a try. ...
          No, you're wrong. "Expend energy" = work = force * distance. Unless this house moves, no work has been done, zero energy.
          bi

Comment

• As each magnet aligns with each core there is a moment of force (attraction) in an axial direction that must be offset by a combination of centrifugal force, inertia and magnetic neutralization. Centrifigal force assures rotation but the motors ability to sustain the centrifugal force results in an increase in its amp draw, This can be offset by the magnetic neutralization.
            Last edited by Turion; 03-08-2021, 09:32 PM.
            “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
            —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by bistander View Post

No, you're wrong. "Expend energy" = work = force * distance. Unless this house moves, no work has been done, zero energy.
              bi
              Tell that to anyone who has watched a motor burn up because it couldn't move the load. Measure what was pulled out of the battery to accomplish "no work"
              “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• As each magnet aligns with each core there is a moment of force (attraction) in an axial direction that must be offset by a combination of centrifugal force, inertia and magnetic neutralization. Centrifigal force assures rotation but the motors ability to sustain the centrifugal force results in an increase in its amp draw, This can be offset by the magnetic neutralization.

If, as you seem to believe, the attraction is neutralized by the "force" of the stator holding the magnet in place and the "force" of the rotor holding the magnet in place to keep them from touching, which are forces acting in an axial direction, please explain how the rotor magnet can lock onto the core in the first place, and why it takes ANY energy to move the rotor magnet past the core.
                Last edited by Turion; 03-08-2021, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Turion, I watched the video but what I'm more interested in doing is making a coil. Do you use bifilar and if so how are the connections made? I looked for AUL videos and from what I saw the unloaded coil acts as a brake.
                  https://youtu.be/Z_cHxFwqy4M

Comment

Tell that to anyone who has watched a motor burn up because it couldn't move the load. Measure what was pulled out of the battery to accomplish "no work"
                    I went through this just a few posts back. It is called stall. The motor shaft transmits stall torque but there is no movement, rotation, RPM = 0. Therefore mechanical power through the shaft is zero. Power = torque * speed. But there is power input (electric) via the motor terminals. That input power = voltage * amperes is converted into heat in the motor windings. That overheats and is why stalled motors often burn out.
                    bi
                    Last edited by bistander; 03-08-2021, 10:09 PM.

Comment

As each magnet aligns with each core there is a moment of force (attraction) in an axial direction that must be offset by a combination of centrifugal force, inertia and magnetic neutralization. Centrifigal force assures rotation but the motors ability to sustain the centrifugal force results in an increase in its amp draw, This can be offset by the magnetic neutralization.

If, as you seem to believe, the attraction is neutralized by the "force" of the stator holding the magnet in place and the "force" of the rotor holding the magnet in place to keep them from touching, which are forces acting in an axial direction, please explain how the rotor magnet can lock onto the core in the first place, and why it takes ANY energy to move the rotor magnet past the core.
                      By "lock" you mean unable to rotate with applied shaft torque, right? The forces involved with this condition are in what I referred to as tangential direction. This tangential force develops when the magnet is displaced an infinitesimal distance from core alignment (TDC). This tangential force times the radius of the magnet circle is the amount of torque which must be applied to the shaft to cause rotation.
                      bi

Comment

• Your ability to define words I can look up in an online dictionary is surpassed only by your lack of understanding of how things work in the real world.

Again, if the axial magnetic attraction of rotor magnet to core has been neutralized by “forces” as you claim, why does cogging exist.

Comment

Your ability to define words I can look up in an online dictionary is surpassed only by your lack of understanding of how things work in the real world.

Again, if the axial magnetic attraction of rotor magnet to core has been neutralized by “forces” as you claim, why does cogging exist.
                          Because cogging is the torque caused by the tangential force, magnet to core.
                          bi
                          edit: look it up.
                          Last edited by bistander; 03-08-2021, 11:11 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

• Just look at the graph instead of speculating forever and a day! Screenshot_20210308-234407_Chrome~2.jpg
                            Last edited by Quantum_well; 03-08-2021, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• bi
                              Build it. Look at the reactions. LEARN something. Or keep thinking you know everything. I don't really care. As far as I am concerned you are too dense to ever get it. I know what I see on the bench. If the force between the magnet and the core is neutralized, as you CLAIM, there would be no tangential force. Just as if there were no gravity pulling a rock down, I could push it sideways at a 90 degree angle. But that doesn't happen either, does it?

Comment

• Don vin

You're as bad as Turion. I never said that. At least you may use language translation as excuse.
                                bi

You can say what you want, but as always when you no longer have an argument to validate something that says you do not want to do it because you know more, that is worse, ask others to do the tests, do them yourself, ask Mr. Dave show you, you've already shown a lot, but stay in your paradigm lockdown.

And it is not to be in favor of one to another, if you Don vin were right with proofs and not words, you know that the project of what is being shown works, but you already make a scramble of concepts to hide your frustration, it hurts because he presents himself as someone with a lot of knowledge.

But the energy saving obtained from the neutralization is there, and it is manifested, and many will take advantage of it and will not be able to erase it or with their planning in a way, to discredit, they should be to build, but as their conceptual world collapses.

Find the magnitude that you achieve so that the engine consumes less, you are right, you have a lot of knowledge, and you cannot test a small prototype, and do not ask others, I have the proof and the verification, but it is useless to show it, I better take advantage of this energy saving, as well as other engineering friends are already taking advantage of it, and that is going to take advantage of you even though you do not have the accounts, or you do not know how to evaluate magnitudes and your efforts without investigating beyond your conceptual field.

Find your fault, Mr. Dave already gave you many clues, study the strength of the magnet when it repels and the magnitude it produces, there is everything that is missing, but it does not come out of the gear, and that is insinificant, and that the force The incoming and outgoing are neutralized, and where does the inertia leave it? The force resulting from the repulsion of the magnets contributes to the decrease in motor consumption, the repulsion contributes to give an extra thrust and not only to neutralization, it is no longer You need to repeat the same thing, Mr. bin, you have already repeated it a lot, and you are not moving forward.

The results will be sent to the users who are working on the project, they will get more use Don vin than your mind clinging to discredit, better do a useful job, and not be wasting time showing your frustrations because others are moving forward .
                                Last edited by alexelectric; 03-09-2021, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X