No announcement yet.

The bistander thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no further testing. Machinist has made all kinds of improvements to machine, and is FINALLY starting to put it back together to see what the amp draw is. If it is15 amps or less, we can run it off power supply rather than batteries, I’ll make another trip to Santa Clara and finish the testing. Not going until I KNOW it works. I have too many things I’m trying to get done to waste my time.
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
      Still no further testing. Machinist has made all kinds of improvements to machine, and is FINALLY starting to put it back together to see what the amp draw is. If it is15 amps or less, we can run it off power supply rather than batteries, I’ll make another trip to Santa Clara and finish the testing. Not going until I KNOW it works. I have too many things I’m trying to get done to waste my time.
      Hello Dave,

Hows the rebuild going you were working on at home on the other motor? I remember you said it would not take very long at all. Are you going to test that soon?

-Altrez

Comment

• Still no further testing. Machinist has made all kinds of improvements to machine, and is FINALLY starting to put it back together to see what the amp draw is. If it is15 amps or less, we can run it off power supply rather than batteries, I’ll make another trip to Santa Clara and finish the testing. Not going until I KNOW it works. I have too many things I’m trying to get done to waste my time.
        “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

Still no further testing. Machinist has made all kinds of improvements to machine, and is FINALLY starting to put it back together to see what the amp draw is. If it is15 amps or less, we can run it off power supply rather than batteries, I’ll make another trip to Santa Clara and finish the testing. Not going until I KNOW it works. I have too many things I’m trying to get done to waste my time.
          I am talking about this post http://www.energeticforum.com/forum/...421#post496421 you said you had two at your shop that you are putting back together. Hows that coming? Just curious.

-Altrez
          Last edited by altrez; 02-12-2020, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Altrez,
            I'm working on it when I get the chance. Got the rotor done several days ago, and just haven't had the time to do anything else. All my spare time is committed to the remodel project. I'm making two house payments until it is done and the house is sold, so it HAS to be my priority, not convincing people who could build this for themselves that it is real.
            Here's my progress on the house project as of today.
            https://youtu.be/I3C4V3jiTPQ
            https://youtu.be/lJkJC_tzFGY

Comment

Altrez,
              I'm working on it when I get the chance. Got the rotor done several days ago, and just haven't had the time to do anything else. All my spare time is committed to the remodel project. I'm making two house payments until it is done and the house is sold, so it HAS to be my priority, not convincing people who could build this for themselves that it is real.
              Happy remodeling Dave, conference coming. See you in the spring? Looks like something you could finish if you had to in a couple of weeks right? You ain't got months, you have days count them. 120 days and boom.
              Your place is going to look great but not sure on the other obsolete stuff. You gonna have to kick it in azz.
              Last edited by BroMikey; 02-14-2020, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Altrez,
                Remodeling is hard work. I did it once never again lol.

Comment

• Has anyone heard from Turion lately? Did he ever get the test run on his generator?

Comment

• Still remodeling my house. No time to work on something this obsolete. My machinist is working on getting the big machine back together. A couple more days. Supposed to call me tonight with a progress report.

Comment

Still remodeling my house. No time to work on something this obsolete. My machinist is working on getting the big machine back together. A couple more days. Supposed to call me tonight with a progress report.
                      Hi Dave, good to hear you are getting things done, first things first. Can't wait for the conference where the world can see the amazing work you have done. Yes it is going to be an outdated design but anything will help people get their foot in the door. Others like Thane will continue where you left off. Like Thane said the next step in the design is to make the rotor without magnets using small coils. This will lower costs.

I hope you can get out from under all those payments soon. Ouch
                      Last edited by BroMikey; 02-27-2020, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• 25DEC2019
                        Originally posted by Turion View Post
                        ... The 6th is rapidly approaching. I don't know if we will have figured out how to self run by then, but for sure we will have inputs and outputs running on the razor scooter motor. Then what will you do bi? ... LOL.
                        Emphasis by bi

30DEC2019
                        Originally posted by bistander View Post
                        I fully expect your Jan. 6th exercise to yield only excuses, assumptions and confusion without any definitive evidence one way or the other. ...
                        ​​​​​
                        Hi Turion,
                        Two months now. Any update?
                        Regards,
                        bi
                        Last edited by bistander; 03-05-2020, 05:45 PM. Reason: Added quote dates

Comment

• Originally posted by bistander View Post
                          25DEC2019

Emphasis by bi

30DEC2019

Hi Turion,
                          Two months now. Any update?
                          Regards,
                          bi
                          Dave is remodeling, you know that. He has 100 plus days to cobble together one of his obsolete 1st generation mock up before the conference. In the mean time he is doing another out of this world project that makes this one look like the Flintstones. I promise you it won't be soon, it takes time in years (Say 10) to perfect a new project. The temptation to pogo to another new idea is inescapable. That is the way brainiac's are wired up.

Oh you can get lectric out of it for a while then Boom, it's back to the drawing board. Be patent.
                          Last edited by BroMikey; 03-05-2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• bi,
                            There is an update of sorts. I haven't worked on the generator AT ALL. I just don't have the time or energy after working construction all day. But my machinist has been working on it whenever possible. He discovered that three of the repulsing magnets on the rotor (which means 3 on each side) are the wrong polarity facing out, which is likely responsible for the increased amp draw as they aren't exactly doing the job the are supposed to do if they are ATTRACTING instead of REPULSING. so six magnets incorrect out of 24. He is going to try over the next couple days to get them out of the rotor, but good luck with THAT without destroying the rotor. He says he can do it, so I leave it up to him. That is the only thing preventing him from putting it all back together. Once he has it running, I will go down and do the testing. If that's not good enough for you bi, you could always build your own and test it. LOL

Comment

• I am glad to see you sticking to the grind stone getting it done. Dave I admire that. Sometimes we all need a good example. I have so many things like that to do also. Jordan and I will be posting a short school video of his progress following your work, soon. We are having fun building it.Remember we wound the 51 strand C core coil in the summer.
                              Last edited by BroMikey; 03-06-2020, 08:44 AM.

Comment

bi,
                                There is an update of sorts. I haven't worked on the generator AT ALL. I just don't have the time or energy after working construction all day. But my machinist has been working on it whenever possible. He discovered that three of the repulsing magnets on the rotor (which means 3 on each side) are the wrong polarity facing out, which is likely responsible for the increased amp draw as they aren't exactly doing the job the are supposed to do if they are ATTRACTING instead of REPULSING. so six magnets incorrect out of 24. He is going to try over the next couple days to get them out of the rotor, but good luck with THAT without destroying the rotor. He says he can do it, so I leave it up to him. That is the only thing preventing him from putting it all back together. Once he has it running, I will go down and do the testing. If that's not good enough for you bi, you could always build your own and test it. LOL
                                Hi Turion,
                                Thanks for the update. Looking back at your Jan.9,2020 report:
                                ...I had a long conversation with my machinist about what he had done to adjust the opposing magnets, and it turns out he only had half of them engaged because he thought he could spin the rotor from one locking position to another by hand more easily than when ALL the magnets were in place. ...
                                Maybe he was right. Sounds like a clue.

...I had a long conversation with my machinist about what he had done to adjust the opposing magnets, and it turns out he only had half of them engaged because he thought he could spin the rotor from one locking position to another by hand more easily than when ALL the magnets were in place. (He doesn't really understand how it works) In essence, he had destroyed the (complete) neutralizing effect of the magnets with his arrangement. (And they were only PARTIALLY neutralizing the magnetic drag) We had to take all the coils out of the machine and put them in one at a time. You have to mark the position and the number on the coil so that it goes back in to the spot the magnets have been adjusted for, but you can only have one coil at a time in the machine (while doing the adjustment for a specific coil). Put one in, adjust, take it back out and put the next one in the next position. When you're all done, you can put them all back in their designated spot. It is a tedious process that took us until 5:00 this morning to complete. So, we got it running correctly, and it is running off the power supply which only puts out 13 amps. It is running on a bit less than that at 12 amps. Just like I claimed it would. ...
                                I wonder how you could adjust and get it "running correctly" with those magnets in backwards.
                                Regards,
                                bi

Comment

Working...
                                X