Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again, why do it?

Originally posted by Turion
    I have two coils right now. One is three strands of #23 each 1000 feet long. That’s 3,000 feet total of wire. That is what I have used for several years on all versions of my generator. I also have a coil with 12 strands of #23 each 250 feet long which is the coil I recommended people wind so that they would have the MOST options in ways to connect these strands in series. It has groups of four wires connected in series, so three wires come off the coil for a total of 3,000 feet of wire. Other than that, the two coils are identical. Same amount of wire, same core material, same coil bobbin.

The 3 strand coil speeds up at 2800 rpm. The 12 wire speeds up at 1800 rpm. The outputs of the two coils as generator coils are identical at 1800 rpm, but it costs me MORE in amp draw of the prime mover and voltage to the prime mover to GET the rotor up to 1800 rpm when I put the 3 wire coil under load. It immediately boggs down and I have to increase voltage to speed it up to get it back up to 1800 rpm. It also draws MORE amps. When I put the 12 wire coil under load at 1800 rpm, it remains at 1800 rpm. I do NOT have to increase the voltage to get it back up to 1800 rpm. The amp draw does NOT go up. If you see no BENEFIT to this, especially when you have 12 coils on the motor dragging it down, i really have nothing more to share with you.

According to Tesla’s patent, coils wound with wire in parallel and connected in series increases the capacitance of the coil, eliminating its self induction. I believe him.
    So you have your generator running at 1800 RPM steady at rated load on the coil. The power to turn the rotor at 1800 RPM at that load is the same whether the coil is multi-filar or single-filar when the wire size and number of turns are the same. What else needs to be said?

But you did say it here,
    Originally Posted by Turion View Post
    2. The MORE you speed up under load the LESS your coil produces as a generator coil so the perfect coil does not speed up or slow down.
    I'm not saying you're correct, but if you believe what you wrote, why do you continue to promote "speed-up under load"? Isn't the design objective to produce more, not less?

I never said winding the coil a certain way will not cause the rotor to speed up when the coil is shorted, or loaded, compared to no-load. All I've said all along is that the phenomena is irrelevant to generator performance at load. Which has been verified by the only A vs B test I've seen (the subject video) where the A vs B test was conducted fairly. All you present is conjecture, no direct evidence (tests at load, A vs B).

I don't care. Waste your time with it. But please, don't try to convince me that it in any way substantiates your (2kw out)/(300w in) claim.

bi

Comment

• I said

Originally posted by Mario View Post
      @ Bi:

I never said that the speed up under load effect or delayed lenz effect is useless. ...
      I didn't say it was. I said:
      Originally posted by bistander View Post
      ... That this "speed-up under load" is inconsequential to the generator performance at load. ...
      "At load", and in the context of the equipment being built here, speeds, voltage, current, etc., this "speed-up under load" is useless, IMO. Maybe other situations? So what? I suspect that the context or conditions we see here are vastly different than Mr. (or is it Dr.) Tesla envisioned.

Regards,

bi

Comment

• What matters

bi,
        The “gift” these kind of coils give is the WHOLE basis for my generator. If you can put as many coils as you want around a rotor and when they are connected to a load there is NO effect on the prime mover, what does it cost you to produce power from every single one of those coils? It costs you the same as if NO coils were in place. That is the difference between these coils and standard coils.

But that is only half of the solution. Every time you add a coil around a rotor, even when it is turning at speed, it affects the rpm of the motor as well as the amp draw because the rotor magnets are moving past iron cores which drags the motor down. Put ENOUGH coils around a rotor and the amp draw becomes so high that the motor will burn up. If you don’t believe me, give it a try. Unloaded coils with iron cores. Enough of them will KILL your motor. I have 12 of them on my generator that can be turned by a stock MY1020 motor. I promise you that if YOU try to do it with a rotor that has 1”x 1” x 3/4” thick magnets on it you will not be able to get more than 4 coils around your rotor without burning up the motor if run for any length of time. Would you like to make a small bet on that?

But I can place MY coils around the rotor with NO increase in amp draw to the motor and NO decrease in rpms, or ALMOST none of either. 12 coils, 14, 16, 20. Whatever I have room for. Want more power out? Build a bigger rotor with more magnets and more coils. Your only cost fir turning the rotor is what it would cost you if NO coils were in place at all. (Not QUITE, but close enough, and that’s the point)

The rotor is ALWAYS free wheeling and can be spun by hand, even with 12 coils and 24 neo magnets on the rotor. Can you do that? No you can’t, yet you insist that everything I have tried to show is useless. You are a funny, funny man.

By the end of July I should have my machine back up and running. I have been collecting the parts from where they were scattered and I am going to shoot a video of the assembly process so people can see why it works and how it is put together. Then what are you going to do? LOL.
        The only thing which matters is demonstration/proof of your (300w in) / (2kw out) claim. All else is just gibberish.

BTW, I've had 100kw generators which I could spin by hand. A hand spin test indicates nothing about performance at load.

bi

Comment

• Yeah!

You tellum bistander and Bromikey!
          Why am I here?
          Oh yeah, to watch a fight.
          I’m taking bets on myself figuring all this clutter out, but I do respect each other’s valued experience and first hand knowledge of their situations in life, maybe I will learn something yet.
          Last edited by Pot head; 05-11-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Obvious

You say all my contributions are gibberish. But let me ask you a simple question

1.Why is it that every home in America doesn’t have a huge generator built into their garage that has giant power producing coils all run by a small 12 volt motor needing only a few amps? What Keeps everyone from building such a device?
            Because it is impossible. An electric generator is an energy conversion device. It requires more energy input (in mechanical form thru the shaft) than the energy it outputs to the load (electricity). Nothing you're doing, or anybody has done, changes that fact.

Regards,

bi

Comment

• Help me?

And that is where you are absolutely incorrect, so I am done trying to help you.
              The only thing I've asked from you is proof of your claim. The only "help" you could possibly offer which I care about is that proof. Show a generator running at an output of real power which is more than the input power. But you can not.

Regards,

bi

Comment

• A child

A CHILD could do what you ask, but you can't. That just kills me.
                Now you claim a child can demonstrate a generator which delivers 2kw of real output power while using only 300 watts of input power. Got proof of that claim?

bi

Comment

• All children

Let’s join the fray, we came to play.
                  Immature personalities with high IQ’s need girlfriends or something.
                  They sure are burned out in the social areas.
                  My daddy’s ego is bigger than yours.
                  I don’t have tiny hands!!
                  Just a tiny mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by bistander View Post
                    Because it is impossible. An electric generator is an energy conversion device. It requires more energy input (in mechanical form thru the shaft) than the energy it outputs to the load (electricity). Nothing you're doing, or anybody has done, changes that fact.

Regards,

bi
                    Hello Bistander,

I just had to enter here to answer your post above...

It "could be" practically impossible to overcome a "Mechanical Generator", where the "Input" is based on a rotating shaft, but...

Do you ever think a non mechanical generator is possible?, like just spinning (or moving) the magnetic fields is impossible?

Do you think using Magnetism as a solely source-method to generate electricity is the "one and only" method ever?

...and not talking about chemicals, nor any heat or specific reactions. But just using magnetism to control previously accelerated particles (electrons, ions, etc) into specific geometries which could induce electricity, just as magnetic fields do?

I would just ask you to be -just a bit- more "open minded" friend. Open your mind to "possible unexplored fields of science"...

There are some out there...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hi ufopolitics, is it along the same ideas as Tesla’s frequency conversion methods in theory?

Comment

• Child's play

Hey Turion,

Maybe a child shot this video.

https://youtu.be/5eXLecR17pI

[VIDEO]v=5eXLecR17pI[/VIDEO]

Regards,

bi
                        Last edited by bistander; 05-14-2019, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• Men, that was a fake. Although he could have been one of my students.
                          His build is very hazardous and never is picked up to show the wires coming through the table.

Comment

• Gen.

Hi Bistander,
                            some time ago you posted a link to a generator design
                            which appeared to be very efficient.
                            I think it was possibly an axial design aimed at wind energy.
                            I'd be most grateful if you could re-post it.

Comment

• Axial flux genny

Originally posted by Quantum_well View Post
                              Hi Bistander,
                              some time ago you posted a link to a generator design
                              which appeared to be very efficient.
                              I think it was possibly an axial design aimed at wind energy.
                              I'd be most grateful if you could re-post it.
                              Hi, I'll see if I can recall that. I think I know what you mean. Later.

bi

Comment

• Axial flux genny

Was it this one? It was a download so I couldn't get a link. A search for the title should show you the way.

http://www.energeticforum.com/316715-post102.html

Post #102 in this thread.

Regards,

bi

Comment

Working...
                                X