No announcement yet.

Energy Propagation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool to see a new topic on an old video! Vidbid try this circuit in ltspice, works much better. (While less interactive than Falstad simulator it is a great deal more accurate).

Pink wave form is current through the R2 (output), green is current through R1 (input). As you can see the green is negligable and is only topping up what is lost in the LC. Pink on the other hand is alive and well.

The circuit parameters (L/C) are quite different from what Armagdn03 used in his video but the concept he has shown in that video holds for all resonant circuits.

I encourage you to play with the spice directive for the coupling of the coils (change the 1 in "K1 L1 L2 1" to any number between 1 and 0) then re-tune with the AC Analysis tool, as well as changing the inductance and capacitance of the primary and secondary sides while maintaining the same resonant frequency (an easy was to do this is doubling inductance and halving capacitance or visa versa) and observe the changes in amplitude between the primary and secondary. Some interesting observations can be made there.

I've attached the spice model to help speed up the process of playing.

On a slightly different note, I sent you a skype message the other day Armagdn, not sure if you got it but letting you know just in case you didn't.
    Attached Files
    Scribd account; http://www.scribd.com/raui

Comment

Raui my old friend!!! Good to see you still around. I have not signed into that skype handle in years, not sure I still remember it. My personal email is manriquea@my.uwstout.edu, Ill work on getting skype back up. Thanks for the assist on the simulator.

Comment

Can L1 have resistance too in LTSpice or need to add additional resistor ?
        I wonder if such simple design without secondary can allow the same power flowing throught the inductor L1 but with limited input due to reactance.
        In other words : can we provide a simple resistive heater with coiled resistance wire with matched capacitor and obtain the same amount of heat produced as in DC operation while maintaining low current input ?

I hope you find it adequately interesting to test in reality
        Last edited by boguslaw; 02-13-2019, 09:00 AM. Reason: error

Comment

Top and tail leds, what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by Armagdn03 View Post
            Raui my old friend!!! Good to see you still around. I have not signed into that skype handle in years, not sure I still remember it. My personal email is manriquea@my.uwstout.edu, Ill work on getting skype back up. Thanks for the assist on the simulator.
            Likewise! When I saw you post I thought I would get in touch! No problems, I see too many people using the Falstad simulator which is good for some things but really diverges from reality sometimes. I've sent you some mail

@Bogluslaw
            Yes you can alter the resistance of the simulated inductor by right clicking it, you'll see the options for the resistance in there. You can also just add a series resistor, I tend to do the latter when I want to play with an inductor's resistance as it's more explicit. I would never want to discourage experimentation (except for the chance someone would blow themselves up but alas, who I I to stop them! ) but I can see some obstacles getting it to work how you've described. I am open to being wrong and have been on many an occasion. I look forward to hearing how your experiment goes! The one question I will ask is this, is a resistor the best load for this type of circuit?

I recently met someone who is trying to assist another group they know of who apparently have a working prototype of a water heater similar but not exactly the same (from the limited idea I have of it) as your idea, idk how much was said in confidence but I do feel comfortable in pointing out that water is an excellent dielectric
            Scribd account; http://www.scribd.com/raui

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Raui View Post
              Cool to see a new topic on an old video! Vidbid try this circuit in ltspice, works much better. (While less interactive than Falstad simulator it is a great deal more accurate).

Pink wave form is current through the R2 (output), green is current through R1 (input). As you can see the green is negligable and is only topping up what is lost in the LC. Pink on the other hand is alive and well.

The circuit parameters (L/C) are quite different from what Armagdn03 used in his video but the concept he has shown in that video holds for all resonant circuits.

I encourage you to play with the spice directive for the coupling of the coils (change the 1 in "K1 L1 L2 1" to any number between 1 and 0) then re-tune with the AC Analysis tool, as well as changing the inductance and capacitance of the primary and secondary sides while maintaining the same resonant frequency (an easy was to do this is doubling inductance and halving capacitance or visa versa) and observe the changes in amplitude between the primary and secondary. Some interesting observations can be made there.

I've attached the spice model to help speed up the process of playing.

On a slightly different note, I sent you a skype message the other day Armagdn, not sure if you got it but letting you know just in case you didn't.
              Thanks, Raui! I'll give it a try.
              Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Working...
              X