Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LTSpice Simulation of Electronic Boost via the Isolation of Voltage & Current Sources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turion
    replied
    Context of Article:
    DENVER MAN INVENTS GENERATOR WHICH TAKES ELECTRICITY FROM AIR AND PROPELS AN AUTOMOBILE

DENVER, tag i" Hu an Invention been mode that will revolutionize the electrical world? Will the apparatus conceived by a Denver man light building*. run automobile*, bat-' tleshlp 1 *. power plant# by the unlimited supply of electricity in the air? Denver electrical experts say “yes'*, and the young Inventor. C E. Am-, mann, Monday demonstrated his invention by attaching It to an automobile and running In It about the city. An atmosphere generator Ib the name of Ammann's apparatus. It is a compact, cyilnderical object with two small brass spheres protruding from the top. Inside. Ammann says, is an arrangement < t steel wires and minerals. so fixed as to draw electricity from the* air. condense it and utilize it for driving power. The automobile which Ammann used for his demonstration Monday was the body and chassis of an electric vehicle'. There are said to he no batteries in the car. It propelled it , self with remarkable speed at a touch I of the foot, climbed hills and glided > thru a maze of traffic under easy control. When asked by skeptical persons j If he had a storage battery concealed j Inside of the power cylinder. Am- , mann said: "As badly ns I would like to show j the Inside of my Invention I can't, for i I have not yet obtained patent rights. Tt would he exposing the result of seven years of work to open the cyl- ! inder. I leave for Washington this week to obtain the patent rights, t When I return I will gladly show | everything and I can only say. wait j until then and time w ill tell. "1 have bucked every law of the | textbooks to perfect the invention. It appears on the order of the wireless telephone but it is decidedly different except that the* electricity is derived from the air it will run anywhere except under water. "The automobile is only a Imp! test. The generator will light buildings. furnish an inexhaustible supply of power for airplanes, do away with steam turbines, and. in fact, propel any kind of an engine." J. N*. Davis, proprietor of the Davis Electric Garage Co. at 921 East Fourteenth avenue, and one of the oldest electrical men in Denver, made a thoro study of the generator. “I believe that Mr. Ammann has •t last made tl»e invention which will revolutionize power." Mr. Davis said. “Of course, we don't know what is Inside of the generator, and the inventor would he foolish to show us. We have long known that certain minerals exist, which, if properly arranged toegther. would furnish power. That. In substance, according to the blueprints of the Invention, is the basis of the whole thing. •‘lf the generator has been perfected to the extent that it will propel an automobile, the rest of Its work is assured. It will be the greatest invention of the age. The electricity obtained from the air, first passing thru

t *■ generator, would be available for any use.** So impressed was Mr. Davis that he offered the use of the building for Mr. Ammann's headquarters. Am inann. who is but 28 years old. < rue to Denver from Spokane Wash. He is an electrical engineer and lives at the Argonaut hotel.

Another Version:
    Denver Man Invents Generator That Takes Electricity From Air & Propels Automobile
    Believes He has Apparatus that will Revolutionize Power & Lighting & Gives it a Test on Streets of City
    Has an invention been made that will revolutionize the electrical world? Will the apparatus conceived by a Denver man light buildings, run automobiles, battleships, power plants by the unlimited supply of electricity in the air? Denver electrical experts say "yes", and the young inventor, C. Earl Ammann, Monday demonstrated his invention by attaching it to an old automobile and running it about the city.
    An atmospheric generator is the name of Ammann’s apparatus. It is a compact, cylindrical object with two small brass spheres protruding from the top. Inside, Ammann says, is an arrangement of steel wires and minerals, so fixed as to draw the electricity from the air, condense it and utilize it for driving power.
    The automobile which Ammann used for his demonstration Monday was the body and chassis of an electric vehicle. There are said to be no batteries in the car. It propelled itself with remarkable speed at the touch of the foot, climbed hills and glided through a maze of traffic under easy control.
    Careful To Conceal His Invention ~
    When asked by skeptical persons if he had a storage battery concealed inside of the power cylinder, Ammann said:
    "As badly as I would like to show the inside of my invention, I can’t, for I have not yet obtained the patent rights. It would be exposing the result of seven years of work to open the cylinder. I leave for Washington this week to obtain the patent rights. When I return I will gladly show everything and I can only say, wait until then and time will tell.
    "I have bucked every law of the textbooks to perfect the invention. It appears on the order of the wireless telephone but it is decidedly different, except that the electricity is derived from the air. It will run anywhere except under water.
    The automobile is only a simple test. The generator will light buildings, do away with steam turbines, and, in fact, propel any kind of engine motor".
    J. N. Davis, the proprietor of the Davis Electric Garage company, at 921 East 14th Avenue, and one of the oldest electrical men in Denver, made a thorough study of the generator.
    Electrical Man Has Faith In It ~
    "I believe that Mr. Ammann has at least made the invention which will revolutionize power", Mr. Davis said. "Of course, we don’t know what is inside of the generator and the inventor would be foolish to show us. We have long known that certain minerals exist, which if properly arranged together, would furnish power. That, in substance, according to the blueprints of the invention, is the basis of the whole thing.
    "If the generator has been perfected to the extent that it will propel an automobile, the rest of its work is assured. It will be the greatest invention of the age. The electricity obtained from the air, first passing through the generator, would be available for any use". So impressed was Mr. Davis that he offered the use of his building for Mr. Ammann’s headquarters. Ammann, who is but 28 years old, came to Denver from Spokane, Washington. He is an electrical engineer and lives at the Argonaut Hotel.
    Last edited by Turion; 10-16-2022, 05:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vinyasi
    replied
    Originally posted by boguslaw View Post

Ok.I cut the article from the whole newspaper page.

P.S. I wish if somebody could find a whole picture somehow... we could see more details

Leave a comment:

• vidbid
    replied
    Beware

I bet you would like to see C.E.Ammann and his device

Look here https://www.4shared.com/s/fvzPNGW0Qee
    That web page tried to co-opt my computer. I had to shut down my computer because the web page prevented me from closing my browser window.

Malicious web page.

Beware.

Leave a comment:

• boguslaw
    replied
    It all make perfect sense. I hope will have time to check what you discovered carefully, yet I think what I'm trying to do is very similar in the DC impulse range. I try to isolate voltage and current The same beast I think with proper switching technic. Currently some personal duties are slowing me down however.Keep up good work.

Leave a comment:

• Vinyasi
    replied
    Done!

Yes, sure.
    File:Ammann Bros. newspaper article.jpg

This I did to support the important video I uploaded there describing my epiphany discovery of how the Ammann EV managed to harness the air as they claim. I further claim that Tesla replicated their handiwork ten years later (as the Pierce-Arrow demonstration of 1931) to which the brothers never received any of the credit. For, hidden inside of Tesla's project box were two evacuated spheres with a heavy cable connecting each separately to his simple circuit and motor as per my simulations are suggesting. They have to be heavy gauge in order to reduce their resistance, again, as my simulations suggest.

Simple...
    1. Evacuate the hollow bronze spheres to duplicate atmospheric conditions at higher altitudes in which the air thins out and replicates a similar action whenever the dielectric of a capacitor is thinned, thus increasing capacitance in both instances and a resulting rise in voltage stored in both cases.
    2. These spheres function similar to a electric guitar (in principle) in which an electrified metallic string is stretched across each sphere's interior diameter placing it under tension. In the middle of the string may be a quartz crystal sliced to become a piezoelectric oscillator. And, maybe, on the interior side of each sphere opposite the sealed orifice where the wire exits each sphere there is attached a carbon button serving as a pickup microphone. Voila!
    3. We have, here, an antenna with a mild boost in its ability to gather voltage from its environment.
    4. Plus, we have an electric amplifier for boosting its output signals.
    5. And we have an acoustic amplifier resulting from the hollowed geometry of each sphere.
    6. And, it spontaneously produces high frequency sinewaves.

Pretty cool, huh?

Leave a comment:

• boguslaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Vinyasi View Post
    I'd like to post this image of yours to WikiMedia Commons and include it in my gallery page devoted to Motor Transformer at...

Motor transformer - Wikimedia Commons

May I? I'll list you as its author using your moniker, here. I think it's very important piece of evidence to the Ammann bros. authenticity.
    Yes, sure.

Leave a comment:

• Vinyasi
    replied
    Do I have permission to post your newspaper clipping to WikiMedia Commons?

P.S. I wish if somebody could find a whole picture somehow... we could see more details
    I'd like to post this image of yours to WikiMedia Commons and include it in my gallery page devoted to Motor Transformer at...

Motor transformer - Wikimedia Commons

May I? I'll list you as its author using your moniker, here. I think it's very important piece of evidence to the Ammann bros. authenticity.

Leave a comment:

• Vinyasi
    replied
    I stand corrected. Unlimited gain without batteries is possible.

Specific to my circuit.....

.... and not intended to be generic for all cases......
    Nor are the neon bulbs needed. This last component was added to thwart arcing at the commutator when this circuit – in its earlier stages of development – was being used to simulate my guess estimate of a Newman motor. Since there's no source for arcing to occur, this attempt at displacing arcing away from one place and into the neons is no longer necessary. Nor are the capacitors needed for this circuit to continue to put out the same level of amperage and voltage. Thus, this circuit can be reduced to merely four coils, two aerials, and one resistor in place of the two that are located alongside the batteries.

It's further unjustified to expect that 1.6V can be gotten from an aerial tuned to 1MHz. Since higher frequencies hold more energy hidden within their higher frequency, it is safe to assume that reality would dictate their voltage level would be less than that of lower frequencies to compensate. No free lunch, here.
    I was beginning to have doubts whether my latest simulations are at all accurate. I was right. They're not entirely accurate for their lack of a load. I had to research online to remind myself what I had already used months ago: an A/C source of voltage to simulate a load plus the use of resistors.

What I discovered, to my surprise, is that unlimited gain is possible based on two simple premises: increase the self-induction of the main coil and increase the value of the resistor placed inline with it to juggle the proportional ratio of current to voltage.

That's it! Incredibly simple, yes?

It makes sense since the motor in these simulations doubles as its own step up transformer.

Hint: 2.6V from an aerial may not be possible without intervention from a booster subcircuit. And 1Meg Hz implies a sinewave generator powered by either an aerial or else a small solar panel. This latter suggestion comes courtesy of Byron Brubaker in his conversations with Joseph Newman.

Category:Motor–transformer
    From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository

Download Inverted EV Motor -- Micro Cap simulation --View Contents

Last edited by Vinyasi; 12-05-2018, 10:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vinyasi
    replied
    No free lunch, here. But maybe Ossie found a way?

Ossie Callanan may not have been the first person to utilize batteries for power factor correction. Tesla may have beat him to it by not divulging all of his intentions within the body of his patent?

A simulation of the first example from Tesla's patent.

Method of obtaining direct from alternating currents - US 413353 A - PDF downloaded from Google patents.

I've added a dual battery simulation to the zip files linked, above, and doubled the internal series resistance inside of each to get about the same amperage and volts since their parallel arrangement is a current division effectively doubling current within that subcircuit.
    I've learned a few things having spent yesterday simulating and morphing the circuits in three different simulators.

Tesla did, indeed, come up with a way to manipulate reactive power inside a circuit in such a way that one part was shifted by an additional ninety degrees out of phase between the amperage and the voltage while another section shifted back into synchronicity. In other words, one section of the circuit became more reactive indicated by a 180 degree difference in phase relation between current and voltage while the other part of the circuit shifted into zero degrees alignment. This occurred for me, yesterday. But there's no switching in my circuits, such as there was with Ossie Callanan's use of a modified Bedini SG. So, I don't know what's possible with this method beyond what I've simulated. It has a lot of potential for more research. Thus, is Tesla's patent (Method of obtaining direct from alternating currents - US 413353 A – Oct. 22, 1889) suspect for hiding this truth in an innocent manner when its title belies merely the addition of AC to DC.

Specific to my circuit and not intended to be generic for all cases......
    These two batteries with their series resistance, inline, must be paired and located in a self- shorting loop. And this loop must be connected to the outside via two connections resulting in this pair of batteries and resistances being at right angles to the source of the reaction. And the voltage of the surrounding alternations, or oscillations, must be equal to or greater than the highest voltage among this pair of batteries. {See, picture, attached below.} In my case, the capacitors are the source of reactance especially since they're not needed for the circuit to work, anyway. Nor are the neon bulbs needed. This last component was added to thwart arcing at the commutator when this circuit – in its earlier stages of development – was being used to simulate my guess estimate of a Newman motor. Since there's no source for arcing to occur, this attempt at displacing arcing away from one place and into the neons is no longer necessary. Nor are the capacitors needed for this circuit to continue to put out the same level of amperage and voltage. Thus, this circuit can be reduced to merely four coils, two aerials, and one resistor in place of the two that are located alongside the batteries.

It's further unjustified to expect that 1.6V can be gotten from an aerial tuned to 1MHz. Since higher frequencies hold more energy hidden within their higher frequency, it is safe to assume that reality would dictate their voltage level would be less than that of lower frequencies to compensate. No free lunch, here.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vinyasi; 11-26-2018, 10:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vinyasi
    replied
    Tesla may have patented Ossie Callanan's battery method for correcting power factor

LTSpice simulations talked about in the videos, above...
    http://vinyasi.info/circuitjs1/texts...erce-Arrow.zip

alternate download location for zip files...
    https://archive.org/download/TeslasP...erce-arrow.zip

Source for my citation of Ossie Callanan suggesting the use of dead batteries for converting reactive power into usable power.....
    https://archive.org/download/TeslasP...ieCallanan.pdf

Alternate download of Ossie Callanan...
    http://vinyasi.info/circuitjs1/texts...20Callanan.pdf
    Ossie Callanan may not have been the first person to utilize batteries for power factor correction. Tesla may have beat him to it by not divulging all of his intentions within the body of his patent?

A simulation of the first example from Tesla's patent.

Method of obtaining direct from alternating currents - US 413353 A - PDF downloaded from Google patents.

I've added a dual battery simulation to the zip files linked, above, and doubled the internal series resistance inside of each to get about the same amperage and volts since their parallel arrangement is a current division effectively doubling current within that subcircuit.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vinyasi; 11-25-2018, 03:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vinyasi
    replied
    Thanks for that rare gem of a gift.

How auspicious that there's a Pierce-Arrow article right beside it!

Leave a comment:

• Vinyasi
    replied
    Similarity to electromechanical watt hour meter

Have you downloaded the zip file and run the simulations, or at least look at the included screen shots? I spent several hours this morning making improvements.

What I discovered (this morning) is that it's possible to simulate the transformation of reactive power into usable power using a dead battery as Ossie Callanan suggests (referenced on Turion's thread devoted to the 3 Battery Generator).

As you know, there's tons of overunity circuit ideas which produce plenty of reactive power composed of current and voltage waves out of phase by 90 degrees and not much else.

Other than using a synchronous generator to align the waves and bring the power factor closer to unity, what's a poor man to do?

What I discovered prior to posting is that understanding Newman helps understanding Tesla's Special (Tri-Metal) Generator along with (possibly) Tesla's Pierce-Arrow demonstration and vice versa. I had also discovered how easy it is to boost a radio signal using a concept derived from an upsidedown modern day Tesla coil, namely: instead of connecting the topload to the voltage coil (composed of hundreds of turns of thin wire), why not connect the topload directly to the current coil (merely a few turns of stout wire)?

Thanks for dropping in.
    William Lyne has frequently pointed out the similarity between the electromechanical watt hour meter is a watered down version of Tesla's Special Generator.

Well, in this simulation, the voltage coils are connected at right angles to the current coils despite they are all inductively coupled and wound in the same direction.

Leave a comment:

• boguslaw
    replied
    I might enjoy it if I could download it without ads blocking me from doing so on my phone.

Attached Files
    Last edited by boguslaw; 11-23-2018, 05:20 PM. Reason: fix

Leave a comment:

• Vinyasi
    replied
    Download Difficulty = 100%

I bet you would like to see C.E.Ammann and his device

Look here https://www.4shared.com/s/fvzPNGW0Qee
    I might enjoy it if I could download it without ads blocking me from doing so on my phone.

Leave a comment:

• Vinyasi
    replied
    Title of post says it all.

My advice : with too much information from start you get no attention to the summary of your statement. Give us opportunity to realize what you found by preparing very short like 5 minute or less video , then if somebody is interested in details will follow your work.
    Have you downloaded the zip file and run the simulations, or at least look at the included screen shots? I spent several hours this morning making improvements.

What I discovered (this morning) is that it's possible to simulate the transformation of reactive power into usable power using a battery of any voltage -- even a dead one as Ossie Callanan suggests (referenced on Turion's thread devoted to the 3 Battery Generator) -- in series with a moderate resistance, say 1k Ohm or more.

As you know, there's tons of overunity circuit ideas which produce plenty of reactive power composed of current and voltage waves out of phase by 90 degrees and not much else.

Other than using a synchronous generator to align the waves and bring the power factor closer to unity, what's a poor man to do?

What I discovered prior to posting is that understanding Newman helps understanding Tesla's Special (Tri-Metal) Generator along with (possibly) Tesla's Pierce-Arrow demonstration and vice versa. I had also discovered how easy it is to boost a radio signal using a concept derived from an upsidedown modern day Tesla coil, namely: instead of connecting the topload to the voltage coil (composed of hundreds of turns of thin wire), why not connect the topload directly to the current coil (merely a few turns of stout wire)?

Thanks for dropping in.
    Last edited by Vinyasi; 11-23-2018, 11:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X