No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla’s Turbine Secrets - Global Open Source Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, the casing in that photo of the one turbine is the casing kind I'd like to have design; drawn up for fabrication. In the easiest, cheapest kind of material: 3d printed plastic. Rotor of the type in US 1,061,206. Heavier, tapered endplates. One solid. Same exit porting on the casing shown in that photo. Maybe 5 or 6 inches diameter, 11 plates is fine.

Comment

• Tesla provides a bunch of 'if, then' scenarios that require a lot of thought to sort out. I'm working on doing that.

Comment

• Bearings.png Bearings 2.png

I think this is a good way to make bearings.

I wanted to learn about "non-contact" bearings because of Paul mentioning them to me. I searched and read through this: https://my.mech.utah.edu/~me7960/lec...ctBearings.pdf .

when I saw the picture "Making Aerostatic Bearings", I thought that picture lined up nicely with the one in the patent.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Thickskull; 07-09-2020, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• From US Patent 1,061,206: "The runner is mounted in a casing comprising two end castings 19, which contain the bearings for the shaft 16, indicated but not shown in detail; stuffing boxes 21 and outlets 20."

Where are the bearings indicated? I don't know what a stuffing box would have been for manufacturing at that time. I think any builds people are presently working with have the bearings there.

Comment

• Disk openings to diameter.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Thickskull View Post
              Hello Paul and Jeremiah,

This technology is amazing and very important. Thank you for making your information available. I am trying to learn what I need to know in order to follow along. Are you up for some conversation with me about this?

There is a lot going on with the technology. A few pages back on this thread you used colored marker to make distinctions between a pump, compressor, rotary engine, and turbine.

Paul, here is a quote from your post 02-04-2019, 04:50 PM:

If the goal is warm water in ---> rotational energy and cold water out, what is the best path to getting there? Here I mean in terms of designing and combining the four above mentioned embodiments of this technology. I'm hesitant to even use the words "turbine" and "pump" in my questions, because I get confused between those and "rotary engine" and "compressor". At any rate, in a two-design, do you suggest the stages be stacked or along the same rotor. A rotor is the same as a shaft (and an axle?), right?

If there are two rotors, which is the rotational energy drawn from to do mechanical work?

I think the shortest path to something people can replicate and use is a cryophorus with a two-stage *turbine-pump*? combo in between the hot and the cold sides (tanks). When I'm trying to put all of this together in my mind, I get confused about the cold side Is this right: You would start by pulling a partial vacuum on a tank, then opening a valve which would start the process at the "end" and allow the impetus for a tank of warm water to become motive at the "beginning" or energy input end? If so, then what does the water entering into the cold tank look like after it's been run through the two stages? How do you proportion the two stages to allow for the water entering the cold tank to be at the right conditions, whatever that means? I think "right" conditions means at a temperature and pressure that work the best with the conditions in your cold tank. So what are the best conditions for a cold tank in terms of the tank itself, ambient, and providing or removing additional heat? If the supply of heat to the warm side is there, when does the whole thing stop? Can a cold tank get full? (that's the part that I really don't understand.) I think the second stage trades work away from the rotational energy output, your possible mechanical work. So that's something to optimize for, taking your cold tank conditions into account.

I'm thinking of inputs, outputs, variables, trade offs, flow, and points of control and asking questions about the system in theory and then trying to establish some good starting points for some of the variables.
              I cannot speak for Jeremiah but yes I am definitely up for conversation about it.

A rotor is a selection of discs which is keyed to the shaft (axle).

If there are two rotors the work is drawn from the axle that hasn't got a rotor with a supersonic periphery speed.

I would say the shortest path is a single stage turbine and get it running at supersonic. Pick a diameter that would service your needs.

There are many ways to start the machine: Super heated steam, cold steam, vacuum, compressed air / gas, motor.

Depends which machine you are trying to start and what your end goal is.

I think the two tank method is flawed and was a great analogy for Tesla to teach his modern day "Cryophorus". The real goal is open air "Cryophorus".

I certainly won't be building two tanks. What's the point when we live in the biggest heat engine available.

Last edited by soundiceuk; 07-16-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Tesla Patent GB 24001 Page 5, lines 1 & 2, Tesla writes: " A very desirable feature, characteristic of machines constructed and operated in accordance with this invention is their capability of reversal of rotation."

Not even discussing the specific capability he mentions there, the machines constructed and operated in accordance with the invention are already covered in the patent.

So is it true that all machines built on the principles in the Tesla patents are already a result of prior art and can't themselves be patented?

Is it true that it's only a matter of how freely the instructions for construction of the machines will be shared?
                The 24,001 machines were conceived by Tesla over many years of experiments. However Tesla references British Patent 696.

It is the only turbine, rotary engine, pump, compressor patent I have seen prior art referenced. The device Tesla referenced was used on Queen Victoria's ship called the "Waterwitch". The story is that it was the fastest ship in the Navy and no one knew how it was able to go so fast using wind power. It had the device described in British Patent 696 fitted at the bottom out of sight. The military would have been compartmentalised back then too!

"Is it true that it's only a matter of how freely the instructions for construction of the machines will be shared?"

I don't really understand the question.

Comment

Mr. Soundiceuk, how do you envision adoption of machines that are built from this? Like scale of production and use?
                  I envision that we have a world awakening about what this technology is and what it is capable.

I see retrofit systems and new systems becoming a viable solution.

I did an interview yesterday and part 1 is out Saturday. We talk about this in the interview. I will post it when it comes out.

Comment

Bearings.png Bearings 2.png

I think this is a good way to make bearings.

I wanted to learn about "non-contact" bearings because of Paul mentioning them to me. I searched and read through this: https://my.mech.utah.edu/~me7960/lec...ctBearings.pdf .

when I saw the picture "Making Aerostatic Bearings", I thought that picture lined up nicely with the one in the patent.
                    Personally if you want to make an air bearing to play with yes perhaps. If you want to make an air bearing for a supersonic machine I don't think this is a good way.

Also this design does not handle thrust whatsoever.

Comment

From US Patent 1,061,206: "The runner is mounted in a casing comprising two end castings 19, which contain the bearings for the shaft 16, indicated but not shown in detail; stuffing boxes 21 and outlets 20."

Where are the bearings indicated? I don't know what a stuffing box would have been for manufacturing at that time. I think any builds people are presently working with have the bearings there.
                      There are two references to the bearings in the US Patent 1,061,206

"The runner is mounted in a casing comprising two end castings 19, which contain the bearings for the shaft 16, indicated but not shown in detail"

"If the runner be allowed to turn freely, in nearly frictionless bearings, its rim will attain a speed closely approximating the maximum of that of the adjacent fluid and the spiral path of the particles will be comparatively long, consisting of many almost circular turns. If load is put on and the runner slowed down, the motion of the fluid is retarded, the turns are reduced, and the path is shortened."

There is one reference to bearings in US Patent 1,061,142

"The casing 8 rests upon a base 12, shown only in part, and supporting the bearings for the shaft 2, which, being of ordinary construction, are omitted from the drawings."

It took me a long time to fully understand what this means. Do you know what it means?

Comment

Have you checked all 1921 drawings?

Comment

• Miles Johnson interviews me on July 19th 2020 at my workshop in Plymouth, England about the history of our research and development of Nikola Tesla's turbine, rotary engine, compressor, pump, vacuum pump, dynamo, frictionless bearings, flying machine, super heated steam boiler and cold steam nozzles.

All of this research and development revolves around Nikola Tesla's almost frictionless aerodynamic bearing and our replications / innovations using modern materials.

I disclose how Nikola Tesla's machines will gear into the invisible evaporation cycle. The largest solar heat engine in the world!

Comment

• The end of the video got chopped off as the phone ran out of battery.

The dummy rotor weighs approximately 940 grams / 2lbs.

Expect some upgrade modifications to this design over this week and next.

Our mission is within 2 weeks have a 100% frictionless bearing completed and ready for a grade 5 titanium axle to be precision ground to suit the permanent magnetic bearing.

Comment

• Miles Johnson interviews me on July 19th 2020 at my workshop in Plymouth, England about the history of his research and development of Nikola Tesla's air ship and all the devices he invented to ensure its safe operation.

Tesla's Flying Machine / Airship includes:

ENGINE: Twin Engine / Turbine Starter Motor (Super Heated Steam Boiler)

INSTRUMENTATION: Speedometer (Speed Indicator) Odometer (Ships Log) Rev Counter (Frequency Meter) Air Flow Meter (Flow Meter)

HEALTH & SAFETY Lightning Protector Water Fountain (Fountain) Nikola Tesla's US Patents 1,655,113 & 1,655,114 is Tesla's 1921 Mk1 & 1928 Mk2 Flying Machine.

"Noted Balkan Scientist Claims to Have Perfected an Engine That Will Develop Ten Horsepower to Every Pound of Weight, and Promises Soon to Give to the World a Flying Machine Without Wings, Propeller, or Gas Bag. Characterizes Aeroplanes of Today as Mere Dangerous Toys Compared With the Safe and Stable Appliance Which Will Be Used in a Short Time to Dash Through the Air at a Speed Now Unimagined"

"And it makes the aeroplane practical," I suggested.

"Not the aeroplane, the flying machine," responded Dr Tesla. "Now you have struck the point in which I am most deeply interested--the object toward which I have been devoting my energies for more than twenty years--the dream of my life. It was in seeking the means of making the perfect flying machine that I developed this engine." "Twenty years ago I believed that I would be the first man to fly; that I was on the track of accomplishing what no one else was anywhere near reaching. I was working entirely in electricity then, and did not realize that the gasoline engine was approaching a perfection that was going to make the aeroplane feasible. There is nothing new about the aeroplane but its engine, you know." "What I was working on twenty years ago was the wireless transmission of electric power. My idea was a flying machine propelled by an electric motor, with power supplied from stations on the earth. I have not accomplished this as yet, but am confident that I will in time."

Comment

• Here is the latest permanent magnetic bearing prototype before and after oil on the only contact points. Also known as a "JEWEL BEARING"

Comment

Working...
                                X