No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla’s Turbine Secrets - Global Open Source Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Mk2 Tesla Turbine 5" Stainless Steel 316 Rotor Warps at 682MPH and slows turbine down by rubbing on the acrylic casing.

I could smell it whilst I was watching through a blast shield! As it slows down the metal changes shape and allows it to speed up again until the pressure has decreased too much in the compressed air tank to allow acceleration.

The stainless steel 316 metal has not got a high enough yield and tensile strength for these pressures and speeds. This is also why Tesla recommended tapered discs. You can not taper stainless steel 316 easily. Forged discs would work well.

This is probably the fastest Tesla turbine since Nikola Tesla was alive. How did he do it? He used Nickel Silver which was the highest yield and tensile strength metal available at the time aka "German Silver", C770. Nikola Tesla also invented analogue dynamic balancing which is far superior to digital or static analogue or digital balancing. British Patent 186,799

To allow the rotor to supersonic speeds we will now use our hardened stainless 420HTP (surgical steel) rotor with tapered discs which is the full Mk2 design. Also we will use our simple design stainless steel 316 air bearings will enable:

1. Quiet running
    2. Supersonic starting speed which will enable:
    3. Continuous vacuum with no compressed air input - Self-Acting Machine
    4. Ambient air tap for port (one that tap fell off) to turn machine into self running adjustable speed motor
    5. Ambient air tap for diverging nozzle for rapidly converting atmospheric pressure and heat to distilled water. Dehumidifier on steroids!!! I need to get the new rotor balanced and retest to show you the difference.

I expect it to be far superior in all the ways I have described.
    Last edited by soundiceuk; 05-13-2020, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Hi everyone,

It has been a while since my last update.

I have got some very interesting information to present.

First how about we try and establish some facts and if anyone can help my expand or refine this it would be appreciated as mechanical engineers and scientists around the world rely on the flawed:

2nd Law of Thermodynamics

I have been studying the origins of the 2nd law of thermodynamics and the flaws are quite apparent to me.

What strikes me as ludicrous is that engineers and science accept that heat pumps can have a efficiency in the 90's and maximum coefficient of performance of 5.0.

However, when it comes to a heat engine it is accepted that the "Carnot Heat Engine" is the highest theoretical maximum and all heat engines are compared to Carnot's 1824 archaic design.

Carnot's 1824 Theoretical Heat Engine:

1. Has 4 stages and therefore 4 changes of direction which is a loss

2. Uses a piston which is a loss - Only 4% (the piston) of material doing work in the engine

3. Low RPM limit

4. Closed system - Doesn't allow for environmental input like its opposite HEAT PUMP.

5. Proposed by French physicist Sadi Carnot (AGE 28) in 1824

Tesla's 1906 Heat Engine:

1. No friction - In his patents Tesla states "almost frictionless bearings", he was using steam bearings

2. No piston - Rotor uses 100% of material to do work - Rotor doesn't have to make 180 degree reversals

3. Viscous engine - The rotor is moved using the viscosity of the fluid

4. The four stroke cycle happens along the rotational path

5. RPM limit very high in comparison to piston engine

6. Uses heat from steam source and end temperature is lower than ambient air temperature

7. Rapidly condenses the steam back to water which allows the rotor to extract large amounts of heat from steam - essentially the engine is the condenser too.

8. Open system - Allows for environmental input - atmospheric pressure and solar heat

9. Was first built by Nikola Tesla (AGE 50) in 1906.
      Last edited by soundiceuk; 05-11-2020, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• For the last month I have been building Nikola Tesla Pulse Detonation Engine (PDE) in an effort to replicate Nikola Tesla's Fig 1, 2 & 4 from the Valvular Conduit patent.

US Patent 1,329,559

https://teslauniverse.com/nikola-tes...lvular-conduit

The purpose of this device has not been fully realised yet but it is my mission to enable that to happen.

The purpose of Tesla's PDE is to boil water. Tesla was quite secretive about this fact but if you had studied Tesla and his electrical and mechanical work to the depth I have, it would become very obvious.

Tesla writes in the Valvular Conduit patent:

"To prevent injury through excessive heating a jacket 25 may be used, or else water injected, and when these means are objectionable recourse may be had to air cooling, this all the more readily as very high temperatures are practicable."

Here is an extract of a Nikola Tesla article from 1916 called "Wonders of the Future".

If you've never read it buckle up! https://teslauniverse.com/nikola-tes...2WJ0MYrNVeaD5E

Here is an extract:

"Water power offers great opportunities for novel electrical applications, particularly in the department of electrochemistry. The harnessing of waterfalls is the most economical method known for drawing energy from the sun. This is due to the fact that both water and electricity are incompressible."

Here Nikola Tesla show how to use gasoline gravity fed into the system.

Notice how he doesn't show a water supply to or from the water jacket???

Tesla is a master teacher as he manages to encapsulate his teachings deep within his work. His intentions hidden from the financial elite and copycats left for someone in the future to come and point the way!

Here are my progress videos.

Here I show the difference between "Capacitive Discharge Ignition" & "Aaron Murakami's Plasma Ignition"

After some basic modifications by opening the ports up to 7mm I show the first time I got the PDE into self resonance.

Tesla states in the Valvular Conduit patent:

"After a short lapse of time the chamber becomes heated to such a degree that the ignition device may be shut off without disturbing the established regime."
        Last edited by soundiceuk; 05-11-2020, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Here are the modifications I propose to turn the self resonating PDE into a steam boiler.

The rapidly expanding steam will siphon a water tank.

Steam at 100 degrees C / 212 degrees F has a density 1,700 times higher than the volume of water, therefore a 1 gallon tank of water can in theory produce 1,700 gallons of steam.

The rapidly expanding steam is capable of moving at supersonic speeds. This expansion can cause a venturi vacuum which will lower the boiling point of water.

Steam at 17.5 degree C / 63.5 degrees F has a density 67,000 times higher than the volume of water, therefore a 1 gallon tank of water can in theory produce 67,000 gallons of steam.

As the steam gets colder the density goes up. I cannot find a table that goes any lower.

My understanding of Tesla's PDE is that the system is an open air "Cryophorus".

If you are not aware Aaron Murakami and Peter Lindemann have already validated my research partner Jeremiah Ferwerda's sealed system "Cryophorus".

Tesla first postulated the Tesla turbine in 1900 in "The Problem of Increasing Human Energy"

"Could we produce artificially such a “sink” for the energy of the ambient medium to flow in? Suppose that an extremely low temperature could be maintained by some process in a given space; the surrounding medium would then be compelled to give off heat, which could be converted into mechanical or other form of energy, and utilized. By realizing such a plan, we should be enabled to get at any point of the globe a continuous supply of energy, day and night. More than this, reasoning in the abstract, it would seem possible to cause a quick circulation of the medium, and thus draw the energy at a very rapid rate."

Tesla built the first Tesla turbine in 1906.

Tesla submitted the Tesla turbine, rotary engine, vacuum pump and compressor in 1909.

Tesla submitted the patent for the valvular conduit and PDE in 1916.

There is a lot of research and development carried out to bring this to the people. Tesla knew he was getting suppressed so he was very sneaky in the way he released his work.

He wrote and drew the patents in a way that would only be understood by replicators who bothered to build his machines.

When you build and test the machines the words come to life and have true meaning.

I have spent the last 18 months replicating Tesla's mechanical machines full time in order to bring you this information.

Aaron invited me to present at the latest conference but with the current world situation I think you would all benefit more from me doing what I've been doing for the last 18 months.

All my work is open source and if you can help me out financially so I can help us all out, it would be very appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/cold-steam-tesla-turbine

Here is a the link to my open source resource library which now includes "The Real Tesla Car", "Pulse Detonation Engine", "Flying Machine" and much more.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9jb1q65u3tyilhv/AAD4pdgQOdMKsdpfPpREkyDIa?dl=0
          Last edited by soundiceuk; 05-11-2020, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post

Steam at 17.5 degree C / 63.5 degrees F has a density 67,000 times higher than the volume of water, therefore a 1 gallon tank of water can in theory produce 67,000 gallons of steam.
            Hi soundiceuk,

Isn't the density of steam lower than the density of liquid water?

Really quite interesting what you're doing. Love it.

bi
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Well spotted Bi ... I meant "Specific Volume (steam)" not "Density".

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/s...ies-d_457.html

Thank you!

I have the combustion chamber currently being modified so won't be long before testing!

Comment

• I've got more exciting news I just ran out of time earlier when I was posting.

This is going to be difficult for many to get their heads around and I know you will all want proof. I want proof too, this is just me interpreting Tesla's work and presenting it as I understand it.

First let me show you Jeremiah's latest PDE video. He can't stop calling it a pulse jet engine because its easier to say and I can't stop myself correcting him.

His version looks a little crude but don't let that put you off!

After 250 pulses per second the engine is a pulse detonation engine not a pulse jet engine.

When the pulses go over a certain speed a musical note is heard.

Jeremiah aka YouTuber iEnergySupply measured my pulse rate to be 290hz

Tesla states:

Here is the link to the full article that Tesla released in 1920 after he finally got the patent granted. The patent office made him change the original patent application from 1916. Tesla was having a real battle with the US patent office.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xi7try1s9...rbine.pdf?dl=0

I was chatting with Jeremiah last night and he told me he has achieved around 9000hz.

Yes that is 9000 detonations per second! Does't even sound real.... but this is Tesla's design with a few Jeremiah tweaks....

This 30 year old man from Idaho is making waves with me on this technology.

We are about to blow the whole 2nd law of thermodynamics wide open!

If a single cylinder four stroke engine was doing 9000hz it would be running at 1,080,000 RPM !!!!!!!!!

This isn't the limit either..... the higher the vacuum the higher the pulse rate!

Tesla states:

"It will be readily observed that the resistance offered to the passage of the medium will be considerable even if it be under constant pressure, but the impediments will be of full effect only when it is supplied in pulses and, more especially, when the same are extremely sudden and of high frequency"

and

"The frequency will be the greater the stronger the suction, and may, under certain conditions, reach hundreds and even thousands per second."

There is even more good news and revelations!

Almost unbelievable!!!!! Stand by!!!

Comment

• It just struck me today that by adding the Tesla turbine converts the Pulse Detonation Engine into a Rotating Detonation Engine !!!

Also as the Tesla turbine has an equal and opposite reaction to the flow going through the rotor, it also pumps air into the exhaust with pushes back on the Tesla valves.

I've literally just been sent this by my machinist.

Testing will begin soon!

Tesla state in US Patent 1,329,559 Valvular Conduit

https://teslauniverse.com/nikola-tes...lvular-conduit

"Upon the subsidence of the explosion the pressure in the chamber sinks below the atmosphere owing to the pumping action of the rotor or ventilator and new air and gas is permitted to enter, cleaning the cavity and channels and making up a fresh mixture which is detonated as before, and so on, the successive impulses of the working fluid producing an almost continuous rotary effort."

Comment

• I had the combustion chamber modified to the drawings above. I did two tests, the first one with "gravity" fed water and the chamber flooded instantly. The second test was with a water injection nozzle and pump. This worked and made steam without putting out the detonations.

However I wasn't satisfied with the results and went back to the drawing board.

This is the design I came up with with carburettor style jets.

An inlet water jet and an outlet water jet and the combustion chamber sealed apart from the water jet inlet and outlet.

I started off with a 0.5mm inlet jet and 0.5mm outlet jet.

To my astonishment it worked first time with the chambers temperature rising rapidly whilst gravity fed water turned into super heated steam.

Luckily I had a camera and filmed the event for everyone to see what happened.

Next I will try a 1mm inlet and outlet to compare the difference.

The current exhaust is jet an off the shelf brass 1/4" BSP 10mm straight port, with the exhaust throat 7mm.

The chamber is one half of a De Laval nozzle and now I'm working on the rocket exhaust to turn the heat into velocity and partial vacuum.

The rocket exhaust has the capability to turn the hot gases into supersonic / hypersonic flow which is to impart its energy to the Tesla turbine via viscosity and impulse as it hits the star washers as the gas exhausts.

It is not widely know that the Tesla turbine is actually a 3 trick pony.

1. Friction (Boundary Layer) Turbine
                    2. Action (Impulse) Turbine
                    3. Reaction (Expansion) Turbine

The beauty of this is, it appears it is possible to achieve all three at the same time. Perhaps now my acrylic casing turbine will make more sense as it has a diverging nozzle (Impulse) and a straight port (Expansion). The friction just happens anyway.

The reason people say the Tesla turbine has no torque is mainly down to Warren Rice's university experiments. You can bet you boots, like most YouTubers replicating the Tesla turbine. He never used the spoked washers.

If you don't use the spoked washers you can only harness the friction (boundary layer) element.

This was one of the first things I notice back in 2018 when I began a study of YouTube replications of the Tesla turbine.

It is something I want to highlight again now my research is more refined than ever because it plays an important role when you want to try and harness super heated steam, cold steam and atmospheric pressure.

From 1909-1921 Nikola Tesla concentrated his efforts on using super heated steam and high partial vacuum for his turbines.

By 1931 he had switched his focus onto cold steam aka cold water vapour because the viscosity is incredibly higher than super heated steam and of course much, much safer to use.

My conclusion after successfully replicating Tesla's super heated steam boiler pulse detonation engine is this:

1. It may be possible to add a rocket exhaust to cause enough vacuum and siphon a water tank to produce cold steam or maybe just much more super heated steam.

2. If cold steam cannot be achieved with this engine then I will surely need a metal casing to harness super heated steam.

3. If I can achieve cold steam which is the best nozzle or port to allow it to impart its expansive, supersonic / hypersonic speed to the rotor?

I know that in 1935 Tesla published an article and some technical diagrams. It was one of his last.

Within that article were two designs for "cold steam nozzles".

Now you may be familiar with these drawing and may also be familiar they can be used to accelerate particles. However when you have gone as deep as me down the Tesla rabbit hole you will understand that he was desperate to leave us information to create the simplest energy machine possible but without raising alarms bells with the establishment and getting supressed.

Tesla was a master genius at stitching a master jigsaw of scattered puzzle pieces together hoping that in the future his ultimate starter motor for the Tesla turbine would be realised.

The first one require desiccated air to accelerate the water into atomised water particles.

The second one requires desiccated air and high partial vacuum to accelerate the water into highly atomised particles.

Here is a modern "Fogger Nozzle" used for growing plants. It uses 60psi to create <30 micron water particles.

I would imagine both of Tesla's nozzles do something similar, can harness higher pressures and accelerate the particles at the turbine with supersonic / hypersonic velocities.

I believe this to be his final design for a starter motor.

Of course these nozzles have many uses but I truly think this was one of the intended uses, he just couldn't say it in so many words as it would give his game plan away.

Comment

• Hello Paul and Jeremiah,

This technology is amazing and very important. Thank you for making your information available. I am trying to learn what I need to know in order to follow along. Are you up for some conversation with me about this?

There is a lot going on with the technology. A few pages back on this thread you used colored marker to make distinctions between a pump, compressor, rotary engine, and turbine.

Paul, here is a quote from your post 02-04-2019, 04:50 PM:
                      There is much confusion over the Tesla Turbine.

I am going to clear up the confusion with my analysis of the US Patent 1,061,206 and US Patent 1,061,142

It is important to understand that there are actually two machines within the US Patent 1,061,206

One is a turbine and has a diverging nozzle.

One is a rotary engine and has a straight port.

This is why the machine that was burning wood had so much torque.

It had a straight port!

Now that you know this, you can identify that there is a lack of Tesla turbines across the world. What people have built is a Tesla rotary engine.

If you want torque on the primary axle, build a rotary engine. If you want a high speed turbine to propel a second stage machine to take the torque from 2nd stage axle, build a turbine.

If the goal is warm water in ---> rotational energy and cold water out, what is the best path to getting there? Here I mean in terms of designing and combining the four above mentioned embodiments of this technology. I'm hesitant to even use the words "turbine" and "pump" in my questions, because I get confused between those and "rotary engine" and "compressor". At any rate, in a two-design, do you suggest the stages be stacked or along the same rotor. A rotor is the same as a shaft (and an axle?), right?

If there are two rotors, which is the rotational energy drawn from to do mechanical work?

I think the shortest path to something people can replicate and use is a cryophorus with a two-stage *turbine-pump*? combo in between the hot and the cold sides (tanks). When I'm trying to put all of this together in my mind, I get confused about the cold side Is this right: You would start by pulling a partial vacuum on a tank, then opening a valve which would start the process at the "end" and allow the impetus for a tank of warm water to become motive at the "beginning" or energy input end? If so, then what does the water entering into the cold tank look like after it's been run through the two stages? How do you proportion the two stages to allow for the water entering the cold tank to be at the right conditions, whatever that means? I think "right" conditions means at a temperature and pressure that work the best with the conditions in your cold tank. So what are the best conditions for a cold tank in terms of the tank itself, ambient, and providing or removing additional heat? If the supply of heat to the warm side is there, when does the whole thing stop? Can a cold tank get full? (that's the part that I really don't understand.) I think the second stage trades work away from the rotational energy output, your possible mechanical work. So that's something to optimize for, taking your cold tank conditions into account.

I'm thinking of inputs, outputs, variables, trade offs, flow, and points of control and asking questions about the system in theory and then trying to establish some good starting points for some of the variables.

Comment

• Tesla Patent GB 24001 Page 5, lines 1 & 2, Tesla writes: " A very desirable feature, characteristic of machines constructed and operated in accordance with this invention is their capability of reversal of rotation."

Not even discussing the specific capability he mentions there, the machines constructed and operated in accordance with the invention are already covered in the patent.

So is it true that all machines built on the principles in the Tesla patents are already a result of prior art and can't themselves be patented?

Is it true that it's only a matter of how freely the instructions for construction of the machines will be shared?

Comment

• Mr. Soundiceuk, how do you envision adoption of machines that are built from this? Like scale of production and use?

Comment

• Would anything built from Tesla's patents be considered prior art and obvious? If I made a suggestion, could I later state that it was obvious? I hope so. Like I'd like to state the obvious for the purpose of helping people make designs that are available to everyone for free.

Comment

• Some Perspective on Design as Offered to the Open-Source Design Community on 6/25/2020
                              by Kevin Allen

So we’re working on designing devices that are the embodiments of Tesla’s invention. The devices are to be optimized for various uses, form following function; meaning design.

In British patent 24,001 we see drawings of two devices. These two devices are the first divide in form from a concept of a completely un-optimized, “primal” form of the the invention that can be used to both send energy to and receive energy from fluids. This primal form of the invention exists to me as a concept abstracted from Tesla's patents and other writings. The device in figures 1 and 2 is adapted to purpose as a propeller of fluids. The device shown in figures 3 and 4 is adapted to purpose as being propelled by fluids.

Following this first specialization of the primal form-and-function of the invention we can proceed to further the refinement in form of the devices we design by considering refinement in function.

This means figuring out what to build and building it. Some aspects of research and development, especially those related to choices around what to do first, involve practical considerations that are informed by the technology in question, but somewhat apart from it. Simplicity, ease of construction, economy, etc. are examples of these considerations. Tesla gives us quite a few options in the patents. Other aspects of research and development take as primary consideration careful consideration of the system itself.

Comment

• Turbine.jpg This is the kind of casing I'd like designed for a turbine.

Comment

Working...
                                X