Nikola Tesla’s Turbine Secrets - Global Open Source Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pot head View Post
    I offer this snapshot to illustrate my dilemma.
    Hi Pot heat,

I use Firefox under Windows and I can see all the pictures member soundiceuk embeds into his posts. they link to outside file hosting sites.
    Maybe your web browser inhibits the outside links in the posts?

Here is a link to one of his pictures from his post #173 can you see this?

https://i38.servimg.com/u/f38/20/01/48/82/img_1611.jpg

Here is the same link in a shorter form: https://tinyurl.com/y3v252xu

Maybe the web browser you use has a very rigorous malware filter which inhibits outside links? Just guessing.

Gyula

Comment

• Thank you gyula, I use iPhone.
      I turn off buttons that require
      spying from a third party.📡
      So, if I don’t see anything then
      it’s not open for all the public,
      just certain nerds with magic computer genies.👹
      Gosh, you nerds are smart.💡
      I’m just a pot head.🍔

Comment

• Hi folks, here is an update.

So much has happened since I last posted. It's going to take a few posts to bring everyone up to speed.

My understanding of the machine, its operation and principles is at its current peak!

There are many ways to build Nikola Tesla's Thermodynamic Transformer.

No matter what your required result you need vacuum for the machine to work.

I believe this can be achieved single stage using air bearings, but it will not be compatible with off the shelf alternators.

The same applies if you use a Tesla Turbine and Tesla Vacuum pump. The RPM is far too high for anything off the shelf.

If you can build custom dynamos or alternators to take advantage of this then happy days.

My aim since the last post has been to prototype a simple Tesla volute pump that can be run at a maximum of 3000rpm to enable off the shelf alternators for use at 50/60hz.

Here is the picture of Nikola Tesla's pump diagram:

Here is a pump double flow rotor which is to be used with a double flow turbine rotor.

Now to explain what double flow means.

If you look at the turbine patent diagram you will see the SOLID ARROW is rotating CLOCKWISE.

Now look above at the pump diagram and you will see the SOLID ARROW is rotating ANTI-CLOCKWISE.

This took me a while to understand but it has been confirmed with experimentation and deep reading of many patents.

When you have a centre solid disc you have a double flow rotor.

When you have all discs with exhaust ports you have a single flow rotor.

What does this mean?

This is what happens when you have a single flow rotor:

This means that when the pump is turned ANTI-CLOCKWISE a vacuum is created and it spins the turbine CLOCKWISE

IF

The turbine has the right hand valve open and the left hand valve closed.

BUT

If the turbine has the left hand valve open and the right hand valve closed the pump will brake, which happens because the turbine rotor will start spinning ANTI-CLOCKWISE.

It does this because it will make the pump suck air in from its exhaust.

When you use a double flow rotor in the turbine and the pump there is no appreciable thrust on the axles. The single flow turbine and pump suffer from side thrust and provision for taking it up should be made if using single flow rotors.

The 2 stage turbine and pump with double flow rotors both rotate the same direction and making the turbine spin the opposite direction will brake the pump.

It gets more far more interesting but here some photos of my build which was done using 4' x 4' sheet plywood.

Here is the design which we traced from the patent using Solidworks:

Here is one half of the volute casing with a polycarbonate toy single flow rotor:

Here is one half of the volute casing with a mild steel 3 disc double flow rotor:

Here is another shot of the mild steel 3 disc double flow rotor that weighs approx 40kg:

Here is my 30mm aluminium base plate to join the turbine exhaust ports to the pump inlets:

Here is the pump air channel for one port:

Here is the pump end casing:

Here are the Nachi 20mm bearings rated at 7450rpm, 658KG each

Lots more to come on this folks! This two stage machine is going to blow you away!

Comment

• Amazing work! That should have some real power.
          There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• Thank you!!!

Tesla's machine doesn't operate how any of us would expect!

It has taken some very deep research, study, meditation and many experiments to understand this.

It is now my job to explain it in layman's terms.

Piston engines are vacuum / compression explosion engines.

Nikola Tesla's machine using turbine and pump is a vacuum / decompression implosion engine.

US Patent 1,061,206 Turbine

"In order to bring out a distinctive feature, assume, in the first place, that the motive medium is admitted to the disk chamber through a port, that is a channel which it traverses with nearly uniform velocity."

Interesting word "admitted". The motive medium is allowed in!

Where does Nikola Tesla ever say to use compressed air or hot steam in his turbine patent?

The machine runs from the vacuum made from the pump creating a negative pressure and atmospheric pressure seeking lower pressure copying the wheel work of nature.

The atmospheric air enters the turbine and the vacuum causes the water vapour in the air to implode as it turns into cold steam.

This is what propels the pump, which in turn creates more vacuum.

Watch the experiment from 1:50 - 3:15

As many of you will know the Tesla turbine and pump uses the properties of adhesion and viscosity to turn the rotors.

Water is 50 times as viscous as air.

Cold steam is even more viscous!

So the machine is a two stage steam engine if used with the port and two stage steam turbine if used with the diverging nozzle.

I have a lot more information about this subject.

Try and wrap your head around this first.

Any questions I would be happy to try and answer them.

Cheers,

Paul
            Last edited by soundiceuk; 01-27-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Here is my latest video:

Last edited by soundiceuk; 01-15-2020, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Cool

Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
                Here is my latest video:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4byEFybisA[/VIDEO]
                Very nice. How long will it run?

Comment

• In the video I’m using my 5 axis machined acrylic casing currently running a 1/4” BSPP with 3mm straight port and a 1/2” BSPP 5% diverging nozzle.

It strangles the flow unbelievably!

I know this simply because my 3D printed casing had the same port but the 3D printing blocked the hole a bit.

I drilled the 3D printed casing port out to 4mm and the top speed was 23,000rpm

The same stainless steel 316 rotor can only do 18,000rpm using the 3mm port and exactly the same compressor.

I have the acrylic casing currently being modified on a 3 axis.

The new design has a 1” port and 1” 40% diverging nozzle.

I would have gone bigger if I could.

Atmosphere is the battery. Atmospheric pressure is the voltage, the volume of air is the current.

This pump was running two 12.5kg mild steel discs in the video.

The 1/3hp motor has 1400rpm top speed.

The flywheel freewheels for 32.5 minutes with no turbine and the flow is good.

With the turbine on top the turbine started spinning at around 800rpm.

I didn’t measure how long but ran for as I could instantly see the vacuum was strangled massively.

Currently it’s like having a resistor on the port and small negative resistor on the nozzle.

The new turbine inlet is going to be like having 0 gauge wire instead of 18 gauge and huge resistor!

The new diverging nozzle is going to create very fast flow. A huge negative resistor.

How long will it run with a metal balanced rotor and the new inlet?

I would say until you block the inlet or until the bearings break!

That’s how Tesla designed it! No planned obselence here!

This is Tesla’s Niagara Falls Mk2 !

Comment

• Might sound a bit nuts but atmosphere is the battery. Atmospheric pressure is the voltage, the volume of air is the current.

Hence Thermodynamic Transformer

Comment

• Where did I get the name "Thermodynamic Transformer" from?

US Patent 1,061,206 - Turbine

"In the drawings, therefore, I have illustrated only the form of apparatus designed for the thermo-dynamic conversion of energy, a field in which the applications of the principle have the greatest practical value."

"7. A thermo-dynamic converter, comprising in combination a series of rotatably mounted spaced disks with plane surfaces, an enclosing casing, inlet ports at the peripheral portion and outlet ports leading from the central portion of the same, as set forth."

"8. A thermo-dynamic converter, comprising in combination a series of rotatably mounted spaced disks with plane surfaces and having openings adjacent to their central portions, an enclosing casing, inlet ports in the peripheral portion, and outlet ports leading from the central portion of the same, as set forth."

British Patent 24,001 - Improved Method of Imparting Energy to or Deriving Energy from a Fluid and Apparatus for Use Therein

"The greatest value of this invention will be found in its use for the thermodynamic conversion of energy."

Canadian Patent 135174 - "Fluid Propulsion

"The greatest value of this invention will be found in its use for the thermo-dynamic conversion of energy."

"11. A thermo-dynamic converter comprising a shaft, a plurality of disks spaced thereon, an inlet for the motive fluid at the periphery of the disks and tangential thereto, and an outlet at the central portions of the same, as set forth."

British Patent 179,043 - Improved Process of and Apparatus for Production of High Vacua

"In the development of power by thermo-dynamic primemovers, as steam engines and turbines, a low back pressure is essential to good economy, the performance of the machine being increased from fifty to one hundred per cent. by reducing the absolute pressure in the exhaust space from fifteen to about one pound per square inch."

British Patent 186,084 - Improved Process Of And Apparatus For Deriving Motive Power From Steam

"at the same time increasing the efficiency of thermodynamic transformation."

"The hereinbefore described process of thermo-dynamic transformation of energy which consists in admitting steam to a turbine nozzle, aspirating by the suction thus created hot products of combustion through a heater, superheating the steam by them and discharging them at high velocity and in a direction parallel to the steam-jet upon the rotor, as described."

British Patent 186,083 - Improved Method of and Apparatus for the Economic Transformation of the Energy of Steam by Turbines

"The chief object of my improvements is to increase the efficiency of the existing steam power plants and thermo-dynamic transformers operated therefrom"

British Patent 174,544 - Improvements In Methods Of And Apparatus For The Generation Of Power By Elastic Fluid Turbines

"In the first place my turbine is exceedingly suited for very elevated temperatures and also high pressures, while the Parsons excels in the efficiency of the thermo-dynamic transformation at moderate temperatures and low pressures."

"1. The improved method of thermo-dynamic transformation which consists in converting a part of the heat energy of an elastic fluid by disc friction and a further part by blade action, substantially as described."
                      Last edited by soundiceuk; 07-21-2019, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• This was my Mk1 grade 5 titanium axle:

The design flaws were:

1. Thread and nut makes unsymmetrical design.
                        2. The washer that the discs sit against wasn't part of the axle.
                        3. The washer made the parallelism poor compared to solid design.
                        4. The axle wasn't ground it was machined on a lathe.
                        5. Steel poorly fitted keys

Here is my blueprinted grade 5 titanium axle:

The improvements are:

1. 100% symmetrical design.
                        2. 1 micron parallelism.
                        3. Fully ground shaft to 5 micron tolerances.
                        4. One piece design plus pressed washer the 0.25mm radius ground off.
                        5. Grade 5 titanium keys.
                        6. Spark eroded key ways.
                        7. Stronger design.
                        8. Designed by me and made by a company certified to work on nuclear applications.

I have two of these and I'm considering selling one to get some funds so I can build a blueprinted pump rotor that makes massive vacuum at low RPM.

I'm massively low on funds now and have exhausted my own. I think I've managed a lot considering I've been on this full time since October 2018.

Might even be able to start by hand crank then.

I am looking for investors but the tech is still open source and copyrighted.

We are all rich if we can use this tech!

I have enough money to show the next stage which I believe will be the self runner we have all been longing for, however I'm spending my rent money on the parts.

Hopefully people can help?

My PayPal is soundiceuk@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks,

Paul

Comment

• Here is a shot of what makes up my copy of Tesla's Mk2 rotor from British Patent 186,082

The things I've copied from the patent:

a) 13 Discs and 2 tapered end plates
                          b) Bevel on discs starting from tips of star washers to edge of disc
                          c) Double flow rotor - Centre solid disc
                          d) 8 tip star washers
                          e) Symmetrical axle design
                          f) Axle pressed end design
                          g) High grade steel
                          h) The exact shapes of the all parts scaled to 5" rotor traced from the patent
                          i) 8 port holes per disc

Here is another shot of the axle:

I am just preparing the discs to fit on the key ways on the axle. Fiddly job but looking good.

I will post some pictures when it has been assembled.

Comment

• Okay here are a few facts.

1. The Tesla pump flywheel after being spun up by a motor creates a lower pressure at the pump inlet.

2. A Tesla turbines exhaust is bolted to the inlet of the centrifugal Tesla pump.

3. The Tesla turbine rotor is turned by the incoming draft on the turbine inlets.

4. The current surface area of the turbine exhaust ports = 2090mm2

5. The current area of the inlets combined = 28mm2

6. The pump is heavily restricited by the very small inlet area compaired to the exhaust. The result is low flow of air.

7. The top speed of the turbine rotor with 3mm port 18,000rpm.

8. The top speed of the turbine rotor with 4mm port 23,000rpm

9. Area of 3mm port 7.065mm2

10. Area of 4mm port 12.56mm2

Suggested improvement = 1" port and 1" 40% diverging nozzle.

The next part remains to be seen but it doesn't take a genius to work out that opening up the inlet of the turbine would be an upgrade.

My conclusion without seeing it happen yet is that the turbine rotor will spin very fast and feed a lot of air into the pump maintaining the pump rotors speed.

I'll show the experiment soon and then we can discuss the results.

Here is my new blueprinted hardened stainless steel 420htp rotor on a blueprinted grade 5 titanium axle. It cost £2500 but it will be worth it.

It exceeds the quality of rotor even Nikola Tesla could have built. Apparently Tesla used "German Silver" for his discs.

Tesla was also the father of dynamic balancing. Using his own analogue method.

https://teslauniverse.com/nikola-tes...-machine-parts

Using a balanced rotor the speed of the turbine will be many times higher than the pump.

When used centripetally these rotors vacuum and decompress air.

When used centrifugally these rotors vacuum and compress air.

I know this because I've done the experiments with them and witnessed it.

Here is my new inlet casing for the turbine.

This has 44 times the the flow of the previous inlet

Comment

• The new casing features a 1" port and 1" 40% diverging nozzle.

Here is a picture of turbine inlet casing used in video:

3mm port and 1/2" 5% diverging nozzle.

44 times the flow should be a drastic change from the last video.

This is as big as I can go on this inlet.

It is possible to modify the other half of the casing with the same.

The pump can flow it for sure!

That would be 88 times the flow!

Comment

• For those not yet skilled in the art!

Nikola Tesla's Thermodynamic Transformer Turbine & Pump v0.25.

This machine uses the turbine to cause cloud formation at transonic rotor speeds which implodes air into cold steam. Then the pump takes advantage of the 85 times viscosity to shower clean imploded rain water and cold air out of exhaust! This is air conditioning and clean water on steroids!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transonic

Coming soon Nikola Tesls's Thermodynamic Transformer v0.1 Rotary Engine & Compressor.

This machine uses the port in first stage machine and solid discs on second stage. This machine will have bags of torque and propulsion.

Also blueprinted balanced Mk2 turbine in Nikola Tesla's Thermodynamic Transformer Turbine & Pump v0.3
                                Last edited by soundiceuk; 01-15-2020, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X