No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla’s Turbine Secrets - Global Open Source Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I sent them the patent for the Tesla's Mk2 rotor.

This is just a draft that was knocked up last Monday.

I expect big results from these guys!

Proud to have kick started a UK team.

I've been trying kick start replications of Tesla's Monarch of Machines in many countries, as it seems the best way to release a technology like this.

There are at least five now, two in UK, two in US and one in Portugal!

Comment

I hope to start my build this weekend. I'll keep you posted. I want to build both stages as a single unit. It won't be as fancy as your 3d drawing 😁 but i'll be focusing on simplicity of construction.

Comment

I've started on my build today.

Still trying to decide if I use acrylic or polycarbonate.

I want it transparent so I can see what happens inside when coloured water is put inside.

This next video doesn't show the "pops" yet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12B7...y1LhvU7pr/view

Comment

More Theory

Last edited by soundiceuk; 01-27-2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Paul,

Back in response #32 you wrote:

"After reading all of Tesla's final rotor design patent.

We can use a single disc with no holes."

My question is, if this 2 stage device works where the flow acts as a torus, won't a solid disc with no holes block the flow through the first stage?

Comment

Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post

"I have no doubts we can build it to run on atmospheric air, when you first told me it took a bit but it clicked in my head. I saw it happening. I can visualize when I lucid dream, images clear as day. It takes me longer to do prototypes, because my limited situation. I wanted to tell you something that happened when I added a load, some resonance thing happened, when I was loading it down more and more it started to speed up without additional pressure, I was literally burning through hard wood faster than in the video. ALL The Sudden I heard a pop, a puff of vapor exploded out of the turbine. then another pop, then another one. You know how the air has moisture in it and the exhaust is constantly sucking in atmospheric air, IT INSTANTLY CONDENSED THE AIR INTO VAPOR CREATING A HUGE VACUUM! That,s my theory of what happened, we are so close."
              That reminds me about Schauberger's repulsine. He did say about it: that after speeding up the machine went into some kind of "breating", a pulse, and would keep running.

I think it could be the same principle.

Keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by purelyprimitives View Post
                Paul,

Back in response #32 you wrote:

"After reading all of Tesla's final rotor design patent.

We can use a single disc with no holes."

My question is, if this 2 stage device works where the flow acts as a torus, won't a solid disc with no holes block the flow through the first stage?
                Here are a few references. My understanding is the the air is always best introduced at the centre of the rotor. This ensures that thrust is equal because the fluid path takes the line of least resistance.

It also ensures the fluid has the longest path of travel and therefore higher velocity.

US Patent 1,061,206 - Turbine

"I accomplish this by causing the propelling fluid to move in natural paths or stream lines of least resistance, free from constraint and disturbance such as occasioned by vanes or kindred devices, and to change its velocity and direction of movement by imperceptible degrees, thus avoiding the losses due to sudden variations while the fluid is imparting energy."

"It is to be observed that the resistance to the passage of the fluid between the plates is, approximately, proportionate to the square of the relative speed, which is maximum in the direction toward the center and equal to the full tangential velocity of the fluid. The path of least resistance, necessarily taken in obedience to a universal law of motion is, virtually, also that of least relative velocity."

Tesla British Patent 186,082 - (Tesla's Mk2 Rotor Patent)
                Improvements in the Construction of Steam and Gas Turbines

"If there is an odd number of thin plates the central one may be plain, if desired."

US Patent 1,061,142 - Fluid Propulsion

"When, irrespective of the character of the fluid, considerable pressures are desired, staging or compounding may be resorted to in the usual way the individual runners being, preferably, mounted on the same shaft. It should be added that the same end may be attained with one single runner by suitable deflection of the fluid through rotative or stationary passages."

Comment

History of air bearings

The search for the ultimate magnetic bearing brought me here. Upon discovering the Tesla turbine I had the realisation Tesla was using "air bearings".

I decided to publish my findings on this interesting subject:

https://bentlybearings.com/air-bearings-history/

https://www.newwayairbearings.com/te...aring-history/

1828 - Wills Publishes Earliest Known Treatise

Rev. Wills publishes a work in the Cambridge Philosophical Society entitled “On the Pressure Produced on a Flat Surface When Opposed to a Stream of Air Issuing from an Orifice in a Plane Surface.

1897 - Kingsbury’s Experiments Highlight Inherent Difficulties

A. Kingsbury experiments with a 6" diameter journal bearing supported on externally pressurized air. The practical problems of matching bore and shaft geometry and size to achieve a consistent .0005" gap all the way around were and are a manufacturing challenge. Small gaps are required when using air because the viscosity is so low. Kingsbury finds that the higher viscosity of water or oil works better with the relatively large gaps that can be manufactured at that time.

1904 - Westinghouse Receives Thrust Bearing Patent

G. Westinghouse receives a patent for an air thrust bearing used in a vertical steam turbine.

https://patentimages.storage.googlea...3/US754400.pdf
                  Last edited by soundiceuk; 10-08-2020, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Me and the builder in Idaho have been banging our heads together and both think:

The 1st stage decompresses, which expands and cools the air.

The 2nd stage can either:

a) Pump the air (discs with tear shaped holes) which adds to the decompression and creates cool, clean air

b) Compress the air (discs with no holes) which creates warm clean air

This really is many machines condensed into one.

The 1st stage is one half of the tornado, the 2nd stage is the opposite

The air travels centripetally on entry to 1st stage.

The air travels centrifugally on exit to the exhaust on 2nd stage.

Comment

https://www.videoblocks.com/video/mo...pibrxzjc32x9iz

Last edited by soundiceuk; 12-22-2018, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Running on hot air!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1agr...uetIHdyvS/view

Comment

Here is a dropbox link in case anyone couldn't see the last video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4y18rawgnm...20air.mp4?dl=0

The plan is to add the 2nd stage with solid disc/s.

The compressed air is going to be piped off the 2nd stage casing and back into the 1st stage.

We should then see a self runner with no compressed air.

Just hot compressed air!

Reminds me of feedback on an amplifier.

Comment

It seems that when he connects the air line it slows down?? Backpressure??

Comment

Yes back pressure as he still has the converging nozzle.

The diverging nozzle will remove some of the back pressure.

It will allow a higher RPM before the same back pressure is reached.

Adding the one way valve will remove the back pressure altogether!

Comment

Attached is cleaned up air bearing patent 1904

https://www.dropbox.com/work/Team%20...w=US754400.pdf

Comment

Working...
                                X