Nikola Tesla’s Turbine Secrets - Global Open Source Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
    In order to get torque from a single stage machine using a true Tesla rotor you need surface area.

However, the torque is supposed to come from the axle of the 2nd stage turbine.

The most misunderstood fact about the Tesla turbine is it is the combination of the two turbines that makes the machine.

I’ve not seen one built this way apart from in photos of Tesla’s own turbines.

The quote above from Tesla states that self regulating isn’t possible with a single stage machine unless the rotor diameter is large.
    Are the builders planning to make the second stage?

Comment

Six things that are underway with US Idaho build

1. 2nd stage turbine - part built

2. Axial flux generator - finished

3. Changing the inlet nozzle from a converging nozzle to a diverging nozzle

4. Adding the 3 circular grooves

5. Adding an internal pressure / vacuum gauge

6. Finalising the Tesla valve

Also got a UK team build that is finalising a design ready for 3D printing.

This consists of 1st stage and 2nd stage.

The 3D printing is being done out of ABS and has a print area of 6" x 6 " x 6"

Comment

I thought this was an interesting video animation.

Last edited by soundiceuk; 01-27-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I just copied this from a website and pasted it here for future reference.

"A word about inlet nozzles and the Anharmonic Resonator:

Looking at the diagram of the anharmonic resonator (which would include the types of nozzles Tesla was using); Sonic gas speed will occur at the smallest area cross section between a high pressure reservoir and the turbine discs. Supersonic gas flow speeds will only occur immediately downstream of a region of sonic speed (smallest cross section) and only if the cross section gradually increases. This has been proven in laboratories hundreds of times. If all gas flow properties are being regulated at the inlet nozzle immediately upstream of the turbine discs, that will be the region where sonic gas speed will occur. All cross sections upstream of the nozzle and up to the exit of the high-pressure reservoir would have a greater cross-section area. The best location to regulate gas pressure and the mass flow rate of the gas would be at the inlet nozzle, not the reservoir outlet.
          apt8The anharmonic resonator (click image thumbnail, left to enlarge) will be used downstream of a regulator valve that would also be the exit of the high pressure gas reservoir. Sonic gas speed will occur in that regulator valve (it will regulate the mass flow rate of the gas and also its pressure) and the gas flow downstream of the regulator valve would go supersonic if cross section area gradually increases. Under these conditions, a device like the aharmonic resonator could break up the supersonic shock waves ahead of a Tesla turbine intake. To slow supersonic gas, the cross section area needs to be reduced. The anharmonic resonator is essentially a modification of the Oswatitsch intake that is used at the entrance to the engines of supersonic aircraft. The Macrosonix-type intake would break up the sound waves so as to reduce the pressure loss as the air slows from supersonic speed to subsonic speed.

This device will only have use if the gas flowing toward the intake nozzle of a Tesla turbine is already traveling at supersonic speed. If the gas speed is subsonic and with no hope of it ever going supersonic, then the device would either do nothing or it will cause problems if it is not designed properly. If you want to run a Tesla turbine when the air at the intake to the nozzle is supersonic, an Oswatitsch intake may involve lower energy losses that this resonator. Both devices would work best in an aircraft traveling at supersonic speed and a Tesla turbine was being used on board to drive electrical generation equipment or hydraulic equipment.

Mass flow rate of gas into a Tesla turbine can be regulated by using a rectangular cross-section of inlet nozzle. It is very easy to achieve adjustable and variable cross-section area from a rectangular nozzle. An alternative would be to use multiple nozzles of varying cross-section areas. Operate some nozzles and keep others shut off so as to achieve the desired mass flow rate of gas into the Tesla Discs. 4-nozzles in a 1:2:4:8 cross section ratio will give a 1:2:4:8 mass flow rate ratio into the Tesla discs, which in turn would yield 15-mass flow settings and also 15-power settings in equal steps."

Comment

Interesting that when the animation shows the interior of the side casing, the grooves are concentric just like I thought 😁

Comment

They must have been put there for a good reason. I guess we will find out soon once they have been machined into the case.

Comment

Been following the topic since it was started. Thanks for sharing Soundiceuk.

I'm sharing the below video because it's interesting but keep in mind it's not the 2 stage that Soundiceuk is researching.
                This particular Russian Tesla Turbine researcher has built many single stage turbines and has been exploring combining Gas (propane) with a low volume air flow, which on its own (the air) cannot turn the disks until it's combines with propane and ignited by a spark plug and coil.
                I think it may be air cavitations of the gas explosions that make the difference?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcltYGiIfOY

Here it's working in an enclosed Tesla turbine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfCZ-UkVGKA

Here's all his videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/vitglow/videos

Regards
                Luc

Comment

Thanks Luc,

I have been in contact with the youtuber trying to explain the ultimate energy source:

Comment

Theory Videos

Last edited by soundiceuk; 01-27-2020, 02:07 PM.

Comment

If you are not yet convinced on the possibility of using atmospheric air pressure as an energy source for a 1st stage Tesla turbine please watch this!

Comment

I've been researching atmospheric pressure and came up with a conclusion of what the Tesla turbine builder witnessed.

"I have no doubts we can build it to run on atmospheric air, when you first told me it took a bit but it clicked in my head. I saw it happening. I can visualize when I lucid dream, images clear as day. It takes me longer to do prototypes, because my limited situation. I wanted to tell you something that happened when I added a load, some resonance thing happened, when I was loading it down more and more it started to speed up without additional pressure, I was literally burning through hard wood faster than in the video. ALL The Sudden I heard a pop, a puff of vapor exploded out of the turbine. then another pop, then another one. You know how the air has moisture in it and the exhaust is constantly sucking in atmospheric air, IT INSTANTLY CONDENSED THE AIR INTO VAPOR CREATING A HUGE VACUUM! That,s my theory of what happened, we are so close."

Comment

UK Team Build CAD Drawings

I've got some real sharp guys working on this in Brighton UK.

To say they are excited by my findings is an understatement!

Comment

New US Idaho turbine video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kes8ri2686...0test.mp4?dl=0

I've just been told he has captured a video with the "pops" in. Will post that one soon!

Comment

The UK team wrote to me today:

“We are putting the two together. We’ve also worked out some other big things around the physics - which are universal

This is a Torus

It applies throughout the universe in pressure, electrical fields, everything"

Comment

Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
                                I've got some real sharp guys working on this in Brighton UK.

To say they are excited by my findings is an understatement!

I don't see the star shaped spacers in the first stage??

Comment

Working...
                                X