Nikola Tesla’s Turbine Secrets - Global Open Source Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Aaron, that's really helpful!

The secret of the Tesla turbine is tuning the inlet and exhaust so there is full vacuum throughout the rev range.

The second secret is the US Patent 1,061,142 & 1,061,206 are actually one patent for two opposite turbines that collectively make one machine.

The 1st stage turbine (transmitter) is the US Patent 1,061,206 which takes the heat out of the air and turns it into high RPMs low torque.

The 2nd stage turbine (receiver) is the US Patent 1,061,142 which bolts its inlet onto the 1,061,206 patents exhaust.

The 1,061,142 converts cold condensed air into compressed air and turns it into low RPMS, high torque.

The two turbines work together as one machine.

Hence why the numbers start at 1 - 12 in the 1,061,142 patent.

They continue from the shared part 12 up to 28 in the 1,061,206 patent.

All you have to do is follow Tesla's blueprint!

The above videos are showing the 1,061,206 turbine but at the moment it is not following Tesla's spec.

These are our two elephants in the room at the moment.

1. The rotor needs to be changed to a disc.

2. The inlet valve needs to be changed to a diverging nozzle rather than a converging nozzle.

They are preventing full vacuum and causing lots of unwanted back pressure.

It will be interesting seeing what power it can make running from atmospheric air pressure!

According to Tesla the machine will self regulate without a valve fitted.

The back pressure is what will allow this to happen.

Adding the valvular conduit eliminates the back pressure. In fact it speeds up the incoming air.

TESLA PATENT 1,329,559 VALVULAR CONDUIT

"Observe now that the velocity is but slightly reduced in the reversal so that the incoming and deflected fluid columns meet with a relative speed, twice that of the flow, and the energy of their impact is four times greater than with a deflection of only 90°, as might be obtained with pockets such as have been employed in asymmetrical conduits for various purposes."

https://teslauniverse.com/nikola-tes...lvular-conduit
    Last edited by soundiceuk; 12-06-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Tesla Turbine 2018 - © Copyright 2018 - Global Open Source Project

Stage 2 Tesla Turbine

Notice the volute centre section.

The 1st stage "transmitter" converts heat to cold. High RPM low torque

The 2nd stage "receiver" converts cold to heat. Low RPM high torque
      Last edited by soundiceuk; 12-07-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
        Stage 2 Tesla Turbine

Notice the volute centre section.

The 1st stage "transmitter" converts heat to cold. High RPM low torque

The 2nd stage "receiver" converts cold to heat. Low RPM high torque
        I see a picture of a Tesla pump. So where are the 1st stage and second stages of this pump? And how can part of the pump be moving at high RPM and part of it moving at low RPM. Please explain what you mean.
        Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

There are two turbines that make one machine.

US Patent 1,061,206 1st Stage Turbine

US Patent 1,061,142 2nd Stage Turbine

I drew a picture of this on page one.

“The Monarch of Machines”

US Patent 1,061,142 Page 1 - Line 55

“These effects in themselves, are of daily observation, but I believe I am the first to apply them in a practical and economical manner for imparting energy to or deriving it from a fluid.”

Comment

In the 1,061,142 patent

Page 2 - Line 44

“It may be also be pointed out that such a pump can be made without openings and spokes in the runner, as by using one or more solid discs.”

“For the compression or rarefaction of air”
            Last edited by soundiceuk; 12-07-2018, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Self Regulating / Self Sustaining Design

This is a modern day design of the 2 stage Tesla turbine.

US Patent 1,061,206 Page 3 - Line 117

"A self-regulating machine is thus obtained bearing a striking resemblance to a direct-current electric motor in this respect that, with great differences of impressed pressure in a wide open channel the flow of the fluid through the same is prevented by virtue of rotation".

US Patent 1,061,206 Page 3 - Line 127

"it is possible to attain that condition in a single stage machine, more readily if the runner by of large diameter. Obviously the problem is facilitated by compounding, as will be understood by those skilled in the art. Irrespective of its bearing on economy, this tendency which is, to a degree, common to motors of the above description, is of special advantage in the operation of large units, as it affords a safeguard against running away and destruction"

What Tesla is describing is the back pressure from the Turbine stops the turbine from running away.

However with the valvular conduit fitted, running away is possible.

However these machines love to do work, so give it a load and it won't run away!
              Last edited by soundiceuk; 12-07-2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Geared to the wheel work of nature!

It was my realisation today that these turbine are "air gears" geared to the wheel work of nature.

US Patent 1,061,206 Page 2 - Line 125

"It is evident that, when transmitting power from one shaft to another by such machines, any desired ratio between the speeds of rotation may be obtained by a proper selection of the diameters of the disks, or by suitably staging the transmitter, the receiver or both. But it may be pointed out that in one respect, at least, the two machines are essentially different."

Comment

This is a modern day design of the 2 stage Tesla turbine.

Heh, I was expecting the exact opposite of what you depicted here. I thought you would go for a compressor feeding several staged turbines with heat exchangers on a common shaft. The idea being to convert ambient heat to power.

Cadman

Comment

This design (Tesla's design) does convert ambient heat to cold and the 2nd stage converts it to heat.

The 1st stage uses centripetal and the 2nd stage centrifugal.
                    Last edited by soundiceuk; 01-27-2020, 02:09 PM.

Comment

This is the first video of the turbine with a solid disc.

It still needs balancing.

We also still have to change the nozzle from a converging nozzle to a diverging nozzle.

Also the 3 circular grooves, number 26 in the US Patent 1,061,206 need to be added.

This will increase the length of the path of the air and therefore increase the velocity of the air and RPM.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HmR...?usp=drive_web

Comment

2:07 "Mind you, there's not very much torque with this..."

Some questions:

Is this a single disc?
                        Having the air line blow off seems to suggest a lot of back pressure?
                        Circular grooves - these appear to be concentric so how do they increase the air path?
                        Last edited by purelyprimitives; 12-09-2018, 01:57 PM. Reason: Curiosity...

Comment

Yes this is single disc.

Yes the gauge is still reading back pressure.

The bladed disc combined impact and boundary layer.

Single disc is just boundary layer.

The nozzle is to blame for the back pressure I'm sure!

The jury is out in the exact function of the 3 circular grooves.

I believe the greater air space and the path the air takes will accelerate the disc faster. More tornadoes going on inside the box.

It won't be long before the changes are made to the design and we can analyse exactly what is going on.

Also have a UK builder joining us soon. They are also building to Tesla's spec.
                          Last edited by soundiceuk; 01-27-2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by purelyprimitives View Post
                            2:07 "Mind you, there's not very much torque with this..."
                            In order to get torque from a single stage machine using a true Tesla rotor you need surface area.

However, the torque is supposed to come from the axle of the 2nd stage turbine.

The most misunderstood fact about the Tesla turbine is it is the combination of the two turbines that makes the machine.

I’ve not seen one built this way apart from in photos of Tesla’s own turbines.

The quote above from Tesla states that self regulating isn’t possible with a single stage machine unless the rotor diameter is large.

Comment

Single disc is just boundary layer.
                              I agree. However, there are 2 different types of boundary layer; laminar and turbulent.

Blowing air between a movable disc and a fixed casing would seem to create more turbulent eddy currents and therefore more air resistance.

I could be wrong but that's my thinking.

Comment

Tesla references:

Fundamental Laws of Fluid Propulsion

W. T. M. Rankine 1870s

I believe the flow is closer to laminar with the solid disk than with the bladed disk.

I also believe that when the turbine gets to a certain RPM the inlet and exhaust act as a converging / diverging nozzle and the air goes from subsonic to supersonic.

I've seen it happen on numerous Tesla turbine videos. It's not going to happen with this much back pressure.

So just have to match inlet now.
                                Last edited by soundiceuk; 01-27-2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X