An Inquiry into Alexey Chekurkov’s Flying Discs and Replications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://makezine.com/projects/make-3...ck-tesla-coil/
    The above article, Build Your Six-Pack Tesla Coil, has the next site refrenced because it has a JavaScript program called JavaTC for Telsa Coil makers.
    Resources – ClassicTesla
    Java Program
    JAVATC
    Repository
    Repository – ClassicTesla
    "The past is now part of my future, the present is well out of hand." Joy Divison "Heart and Soul LP."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gambeir View Post
      I couldn't find anything either so I went junking. Good luck and good hunting..

Finaly I found it but under another name... try to find it under another name in area where you live ..in my area is called orange shell aluminum sheet or stucco aluminum sheet or Corrugated aluminum sheet ....

Regarding all discussions we are doing it , we make just assumptions ;about how much important is corrugated surface of aluminum or not , just making experiments we will find it... at this moment we should replicate the experiments made by Alexey as close as posible.... after we succeed in replicating his stuff we can make modifications onm different parts to see what happens.. I have a lot of ideas in mind to improve the system but now I am focused on replication of Alexey system close as posible ...

Comment

• Hey guys can somebody let us know what thickness should have that hammered aluminum disks to support the magnets and not to bend when rotating ???? In my coutry ,till now I found just 0,5--1,2 mm thickness sheets .. I think should be at least 2 mm thickness .... any opinion ?

Comment

• Originally posted by sinergicus View Post
          Finaly I found it but under another name... try to find it under another name in area where you live ..in my area is called orange shell aluminum sheet or stucco aluminum sheet or Corrugated aluminum sheet ....

Regarding all discussions we are doing it , we make just assumptions ;about how much important is corrugated surface of aluminum or not , just making experiments we will find it... at this moment we should replicate the experiments made by Alexey as close as posible.... after we succeed in replicating his stuff we can make modifications onm different parts to see what happens.. I have a lot of ideas in mind to improve the system but now I am focused on replication of Alexey system close as posible ...
          Looks like the next thing is a transformer. Once you have the transformer you can plug the transformer info in to the java program and it will do all the homework. Check the links out.
          JAVATC
          ClassicTesla – ClassicTesla.com

This simplifies the process a great deal. So transformer, then coils & capacitors: First pants, then shoes

Originally posted by sinergicus View Post
          Hey guys can somebody let us know what thickness should have that hammered aluminum disks to support the magnets and not to bend when rotating ???? In my coutry ,till now I found just 0,5--1,2 mm thickness sheets .. I think should be at least 2 mm thickness .... any opinion ?
          Yes, 6 inches thick is ideal. Laughing

We don't know Sinergicus and where are you hiding anyways??? If the aluminum is too thin you can back it up with some plywood which should be good enough so long as you don't exceed a couple thousand RPM's. I don't think the magnet carrying disc needs to be aluminum but it needs to not assume the magnetic field like steel/metal. You could use fiberglass or plywood. I don't know about using carbon composites. Probably OK so long as they aren't graphite composite but then you'd have to throwing money at the thing to be buying graphite composite.
          Last edited by Gambeir; 10-11-2018, 05:25 PM.
          "The past is now part of my future, the present is well out of hand." Joy Divison "Heart and Soul LP."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gambeir View Post
            Looks like the next thing is a transformer. Once you have the transformer you can plug the transformer info in to the java program and it will do all the homework. Check the links out.
            JAVATC
            ClassicTesla – ClassicTesla.com

This simplifies the process a great deal. So transformer, then coils & capacitors: First pants, then shoes

Yes, 6 inches thick is ideal. Laughing

We don't know Sinergicus and where are you hiding anyways??? If the aluminum is too thin you can back it up with some plywood which should be good enough so long as you don't exceed a couple thousand RPM's. I don't think the magnet carrying disc needs to be aluminum but it needs to not assume the magnetic field like steel/metal. You could use fiberglass or plywood. I don't know about using carbon composites. Probably OK so long as they aren't graphite composite but then you'd have to throwing money at the thing to be buying graphite composite.
            Thanks for the page with tesla coil calculations....I am hiding in Romania .... regarding thickness of the hammered aluminum Sputins should know better because he allready made his disks....his opinion would be helpful ...at tesla coil section he are using a circuit taken from another thread by a guy named BS or something ....I don,t remember exactly...that circuit seems self adjusting to resonance when you connect the coil to a load... interesting circuit, I wish to know more about it...

Now regarding that hammered aluminum glued on wood or something else ...where you make the brush conections????? if you look at the alexey system he are using the hammered part of aluminum disks to fix the magnets and the smooth surface are used for brushes that are comming from the high voltage part of the circuit.... so the surface should be electrically conductive ... in this part of the world where I live , wood not conducting electricity ,neither plastic or fiberglass ....maybe in the part of the world where you live the laws of physics are different ??? just kidding also...
            Last edited by sinergicus; 10-12-2018, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Now regarding that hammered aluminum glued on wood or something else ...where you make the brush conections????? if you look at the alexey system he are using the hammered part of aluminum disks to fix the magnets and the smooth surface are used for brushes that are comming from the high voltage part of the circuit.... so the surface should be electrically conductive ... in this part of the world where I live , wood not conducting electricity ,neither plastic or fiberglass ....maybe in the part of the world where you live the laws of physics are different ??? just kidding also...
              Hello Sinergicus,

I believe on ARV thread Sputins had same issue with textured aluminum being too thin...
              So I proposed to make a flat aluminum DISC (NOT wood, NOT Fiberglass) which would be glued to the thin textured aluminum...also magnet bolts plus shaft connector to motor would keep both plates securely connected...
              Then you run the HV DC brushes on the smooth side.

Regards

Ufopolitics
              Last edited by Ufopolitics; 10-12-2018, 12:03 PM.
              Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Thanks for the page with tesla coil calculations....I am hiding in Romania .... regarding thickness of the hammered aluminum Sputins should know better because he allready made his disks....his opinion would be helpful ...at tesla coil section he are using a circuit taken from another thread by a guy named BS or something ....I don,t remember exactly...that circuit seems self adjusting to resonance when you connect the coil to a load... interesting circuit, I wish to know more about it...

I stand corrected, 6 inches not necessary, only 3 inches, or maybe an 1/8th inch, or 4 to 5 mm. That's too bad about your faulty materials, but isn't there one where he's got the magnets connected to CD disk or plastic disk? PS: We get these things working and I can buzz over for a drink.
                Last edited by Gambeir; 10-12-2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• if you try and slow down a magnet moving with aluminum,
                  aluminum foil just does not do it,
                  but all the aluminum plate I have tried works just fine (1/16 inch or thicker)
                  to the previous comment about running 10000 RPM motors,
                  the magnets interacting with the center plate will slow down the motor quite a bit. (and you are not spinning the magnets that fast and have them stay on the disk)
                  but it would not slow them down much if you used foil as the center disk.
                  the center plate in the video is thick enough to interact with the spinning magnets. so I would not try foil

Comment

• Запуск нового гравилёта

Alexey's Latest Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iamb6YhrEks
                    "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Notice

For his field messurement to make sence, at least two factors must be in play, and it seems like he is adjusting at least 2 knobs, his Tesla coil being one of them.

Notice the two heavy sparks to the concrete ground the first time the device is jumping over, and how come he without any hesitation can touch the device afterwards ?

The rotationen speed of discs seems very fixed, and actually could simple audio analysis give us a hint about the rotational speed from this recording.

Regards to all

Comment

• Originally posted by Fessor View Post
                        For his field messurement to make sence, at least two factors must be in play, and it seems like he is adjusting at least 2 knobs, his Tesla coil being one of them.

Notice the two heavy sparks to the concrete ground the first time the device is jumping over, and how come he without any hesitation can touch the device afterwards ?

The rotationen speed of discs seems very fixed, and actually could simple audio analysis give us a hint about the rotational speed from this recording.

Regards to all
                        a low power tesla coil running at a high enough frequency can be touched with no harm at all, I think it is something like over 2400 cycles a second, the reason is that your body just can't respond to the electricity that fast.

Comment

• There's no good way to judge the speed of the disks from any video. For example propellers can appear frozen or nearly so. The only good way is to have a tachometer reading.
                          Another thing is that Telsa Coil isn't very large. I think this shows that if this is atomic vectored spin that the forces involved are have a lot of potential.
                          Also that high voltage plate could be cooled with ice to see how that effects the machine. I imagine if he were doing this in winter in Russia the machine
                          might have greater energy. Bugsfly says that the machine will stop working after a while which would be caused by the HV Plate heating past it's Neel Point
                          where it loses it's antiferromagnetism.

The issue I'm having is that I think if I read the data right the Neel Temperature for aluminum is 14 degrees' F or below to retain it's antiferromagnetism.
                          The aluminum plate has to be working well above that temperature in the video's. Even so I think this is mostly or all being done as vectored atomic spin.
                          As I understand it, the aluminum plate should have to have it's antiferromagnetism to work: Someone else needs to cross check the data on antiferromagnetism
                          in aluminum and it's related Neel temperature to see if I'm in error. I'm going to bed.

Has anyone any contact with Jerry Bayles? We could use his brain at work here.
                          Electrogravity

I can't see any reason for the upper plate except as a carrier for the DC magnetic but which way is it rotating?
                          Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the upper plate spinning in the opposite direction? If so I'm a little bamboozled.
                          Someone know which way the upper plate is rotating? Is it counter rotating against the lower plate with the magnets?
                          Last edited by Gambeir; 10-14-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by spacecase0 View Post
                            a low power tesla coil running at a high enough frequency can be touched with no harm at all, I think it is something like over 2400 cycles a second, the reason is that your body just can't respond to the electricity that fast.

So this means you can burn your nerves without to perceive any pain (?)

Comment

• A more convinced video even with some flying stability problems. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iamb6YhrEks

Some thoughts on this device:
                              1. Each time we have a rotated magnetic field on a plate, we also have displacement currents like what happens with capacitors.

2. The upper rotating disk looks more like a counter force to the lower rotating disk so the device will not start rotating when in the air.

3. Katchers like what Alexey uses can not give more than 1.5-2KV. Not to speak about tens of Kilovolts as it has been mentioned.

Hi guys, i hope you are doing well. I am Jeg and i am very curious for this crazy maschine.

Regards

Comment

• Testing SV-1

Okay, so I'm finally ready.

Ready for testing... SV-1.
                                Pictures tell the story so far..

HV DC power supply finished:

Arcing:

Features the PWM input with percentage displayed.

Inside:

Runs from 11.1V at the moment.

Tesla coil circuit completed:

PWM input plus 10K pot on the base of the transistor, (post circuit later).

Tesla Coil, HV DC and motor speed control, together. All run off Lipo batteries:

SV-1 disc device view:

SV-1 device side view:

Testing has begun, no lift off or movment at this stage... but I was only into a few minutes of initial testing when the on-board voltage mulitplier arced out, (small flame too) - So have to redesign or insulate it from arcing... Then testing can resume...

More later...

Sputins.
                                "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

Working...
                                X