Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the Tesla Coil ONLY...

Ok, now about the Tesla Coil ONLY...

@Sputins: Which gauge wire on SECONDARY is BEST recommended for the SIMPLEST TC, which a Dummie like me could put together...Like ilandtan recommended.

And what are those secondary specs...like # of turns...layers, HEIGHT?

Is there a possible simple design here?

I mean, the primary is not such a big of a deal...I think.

Forgive me but I am completely lost on Tesla Coils...never have built one myself.

Thanks, Appreciate it

PD: I have seen on one of Alexey's videos...where he tests first the HV DC...then the TC...and says it can go from 20 up to 30Kv...

Regards

Ufopolitics
    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 10-09-2018, 02:24 AM.
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

so I was looking into drift velocity and was wondering if ultrasonic can mess with it.
      and this sure hints that it can
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_mobility
      kind of looks like it only does it inside the piezoelectric element
      this information also likely applies to the ARV that has huge piezoelectric capacitors.

anyway, now I am quite convinced that the drive for the AC high voltage and the piezo should be from the same source but with a variable phase angle to choose how much thrust.

Comment

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post

@Sputins: Which gauge wire on SECONDARY is BEST recommended for the SIMPLEST TC, which a Dummie like me could put together...Like ilandtan recommended.

Forgive me but I am completely lost on Tesla Coils...never have built one myself.

Thanks, Appreciate it

PD: I have seen on one of Alexey's videos...where he tests first the HV DC...then the TC...and says it can go from 20 up to 30Kv...

Regards

Ufopolitics
        I've been doing my homework ...sort of...and I don't know anything but take a look at this pdf Ufopolitics. http://www.tayloredge.com/reference/.../TeslaCoil.pdf
        "The past is now part of my future, the present is well out of hand." Joy Divison "Heart and Soul LP."

Comment

few sugestions

Thanks, Appreciate it

Regards

Ufopolitics

Hi Ufo...kacher circuit can be made in many different ways so there are not a special recipe ;I think can be followed the rules used by tesla coil builders.

I found this short clip with schematic at the bigining ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp0bAMK_7OI ...

regarding secondary dimensions of coil (length vs wide) as rule of thumb are1 to 4 ..here is a table taken from depfriedneon site ..just scroll down at the middle of that page to find that table with suggested dimensions :DeepFriedNeon - Tesla Coils ..

the thickness of the wire for low power tesla coils can be 0,2-0,4 mm to be easy to wind and not break the wire during winding... if you are using 0,2 mm wire to wind your secondary ,you will have more windings on your coil and you will need less voltage at the input to obtain the desired voltage or more at the secondary output ....

if 12 volts carr battery are used to power all circuits (like Alexey did ) I would use 0.2 mm wire to be sure I will have enough KV at secondary output ....or we can use voltage booster from 12 v to 24 that going to kacher coil driver and using 0,3 mm wire at secondary ....some of guys are using bigger length of secondary for their kacher coils to obtain very high kv but in my opinion the coeficient of performance are decreasing ..so I would respect the 1 to 4 rule of thumb suggested by tesla coil constructors...looking at Alexey secondary he are using tall coil that not respect 1to 4 rule....I supose he is in experimental stage also in this direction...
          Last edited by sinergicus; 10-09-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

proposal

I have a suggestion for all of you that are using informations from another threads or source to make your circuits or replications... please when you mention about what you are doing , post the links or schematics you are using in you setup here on this thread to inspire the other guys... Sputins has spoken about a guy named BSpg that made a tesla coil circuit that self adjust at the load ( resonance between primary and secondary are not lost) I tried to find his circuit without success... so would be a good idea to post here all ideas we are using it for our project...

Comment

Thank You All guys!

I will deeply go over the TC build...I have some 10 pounders of 33 and 28 fine wire to make secondary...on primary I've got plenty of different sizes from 18, 16, 14 enameled...plus 10, 8 not isolated...which is ok if separated by insulators-spacers.

Honestly, for me to build the device itself (discs, motors, frame bolts nuts...is a piece of cake......I will try using PC FAN MOTORS cause they are pretty flat, so it would not rise too high in tower build up...wanna keep it as low profile as I could.

Only issue is to replace shaft with longer one (taking off fan blades)...but, since there are no commutators on these type of motors...is not a difficult task, being careful of course with windings.

Like Space posted...we could search for drivers for the TC, which have duty cycle control/regulation.

All other circuits are easy...I believe.

ONE MAIN THING THAT WE ALL SHOULD HAVE IN MIND...IS ABOUT THE MAIN POWER SUPPLY.

If we notice on the Outdoor Video, Alexey uses ONLY ONE 12V BATTERY to supply power to the whole thing...to all drivers of the craft.

It is a starting way to set and regulate our PSU's to this voltages, as to use all components on this specs, like motors, ultrasonic, etc at 12V.

At same token, we all would be working with same components...easier to locate them etc,etc.

Regards to All

Ufopolitics
              Last edited by Ufopolitics; 10-09-2018, 11:52 AM.
              Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Honestly, for me to build the device itself (discs, motors, frame bolts nuts...is a piece of cake......I will try using PC FAN MOTORS cause they are pretty flat, so it would not rise too high in tower build up...wanna keep it as low profile as I could.

Ufopolitics
                From my knowledge pc fan motors are low torque motors ...if you wil attaching aluminum disks with magnets on these motors,they wil have no enough force to spin the disks at the speed we need ....but maybe I am wrong ....

Comment

Originally posted by sinergicus View Post
                  From my knowledge pc fan motors are low torque motors ...if you wil attaching aluminum disks with magnets on these motors,they wil have no enough force to spin the disks at the speed we need ....but maybe I am wrong ....
                  Hi Sinergicus,

Yes you're right, but there are some hi tech 2 phase fan motors bearings mounted ( not bushings) and not cheap Chinese which are excellent for these purpose...as the electronics are also heavy duty...but motors are not cheap tho.

There are also some small but flat (not CYLINDRICAL and long) from printers and CD drivers which are also good torque since they are brushed...point is I want the motors as flat as possible.

If you look at Alexey's 2nd model...the one that hovers, it has one PC Fan on the top disc.

Plus look again at rotating speed while in the air...more noticeable on the indoor video...I will bet it is no more than 800 RPM'S...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                  Last edited by Ufopolitics; 10-09-2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Hi Sinergicus,

Yes you're right, but there are some hi tech 2 phase fan motors bearings mounted ( not bushings) and not cheap Chinese which are excellent for these purpose...as the electronics are also heavy duty...but motors are not cheap tho.

There are also some small but flat (not CYLINDRICAL and long) from printers and CD drivers which are also good torque since they are brushed...point is I want the motors as flat as possible.

If you look at Alexey's 2nd model...the one that hovers, it has one PC Fan on the top disc.

Plus look again at rotating speed while in the air...more noticeable on the indoor video...I will bet it is no more than 800 RPM'S...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                    Yes you have right about spining disks..in the movie, we can see the magnets when disk are spining....in a hi speed rotation the magnets should not be clear visible...

Comment

• I am looking for hammered aluminum sheets in area where I living but no succes till now.... I am thinking if not that hammered surface are playing the rulle just to increase the surface to accept more electric charge and nothing more... if you remember, when Alexey has cut the power supply , the system was still in air few seconds till the electric charges was consumed in the process...I am curious if the system still works with common smooth aluminum plates...

Comment

• Originally posted by sinergicus View Post
                        I am looking for hammered aluminum sheets in area where I living but no succes till now.... I am thinking if not that hammered surface are playing the rulle just to increase the surface to accept more electric charge and nothing more... if you remember, when Alexey has cut the power supply , the system was still in air few seconds till the electric charges was consumed in the process...I am curious if the system still works with common smooth aluminum plates...
                        On his latest video he shows clearly the voltage capacity Difference between flat-smooth aluminum disc and textured (hammered) one...and the diff is very noticeable...even though he is using low voltage on demonstration.

I proposed here before to use aluminum foil...shrinked then flattened...a few layers together, then bolted (through magnets bolts) to a solid flat aluminum disc...I believe it will give the same effect...while using the smooth side to run brushes.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                        Last edited by Ufopolitics; 10-09-2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Today I thought about motors that could be used in this experiment to turn the magnet discs and I remembered about auto fan motors that pushing air in your car using big plastic turbo fan attached to it... they are runing at 12 v from car battery and are fairly powerful ....they can be bought for very cheap from warehouses where old cars are dismantled and the component sold as second hand parts....just a thought that I want to share with you

Comment

Today I thought about motors that could be used in this experiment to turn the magnet discs and I remembered about auto fan motors that pushing air in your car using big plastic turbo fan attached to it... they are runing at 12 v from car battery and are fairly powerful ....they can be bought for very cheap from warehouses where old cars are dismantled and the component sold as second hand parts....just a thought that I want to share with you
                            they are standard permanent magnet motors with brushes, typically a resistor is used for low speed.

your post also makes me think,
                            the motors he is using also have a pretty strong magnetic field,
                            I hope the magnetic field in the fan motors is not part of the critical workings

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post

Thanks, Appreciate it

Regards

Ufopolitics
                              Hi UFO, all

You would think with holidays (vacation) one would have more time for the project, but it seems that just isn't the case...

Anyway, for wire gauge on the secondary, I can't say what the optimum size would be as such. The truth is you can use almost anything, but for this particular application the wire size of 0.1 to 0.5mm diameter wire should work fine. I think mine is made from 0.22mm wire which gives enough strength when winding it and thin enough to allow many turns per section length. (And that's the spool I had in hand). The standard tall sparking coil form-factor is 1:5 so if it's 50mm in diameter, it's 250mm long, but for this you could go a tad longer to 300mm if your diameter was 50mm.

Unless there is a specific frequency range given (and therefore a certain secondary length / height and turns ratio), then as far as we know, anything should work?

So for this all we need is a simple transistor circuit to drive the primary coil, with the frequency set by the feedback from the secondary. What ilandtan said in post #69 was pretty well correct for this particular application...

My current build has the top motor mount plate position changed from the last photos. The wire brushes for the HV to the discs completed and the motors wired and controlled via a small PWM speed control unit...

Still to complete is the Tesla coil driver and then sort out the umbilical cord wiring for everything, then she'll be ready to power up and test...
                              Sputins.
                              "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

I am looking for hammered aluminum sheets in area where I living but no succes till now.... I am thinking if not that hammered surface are playing the rulle just to increase the surface to accept more electric charge and nothing more... if you remember, when Alexey has cut the power supply , the system was still in air few seconds till the electric charges was consumed in the process...I am curious if the system still works with common smooth aluminum plates...
                                OK, first off you're going to have to lower yourself sinergicus. Put on your rags to blend in and go to the second hand stores. Don't make eye contact with anyone. I couldn't find anything either so I went junking. Good luck and good hunting.

I liberated a lovely 15&1/2 inch aluminum serving plate which has a hammered center with rounded indentations covering the outer section. Only slightly bent & now relieved of it's ornate twisted hand holds: Should be perfect for the HV plate. The upper plate is an aluminum serving bowl with a hammered finish. It's really thick at about 1/8th inch. Not sure this is going to work but I'm a long ways from getting anywhere because of the Tesla.

Now the problem with the notion that there's no correlation between the texture on the plates and the subsequent outcome is that every single person I've known or read about all had ideas that shape matters. A flat sheet metal plate on the top is probably less than ideal.

If the shape of the upper plate does matter then it's likely to first involve a hammered beetle like finish, and then it's likely to have a curved surface , or bowl like feature, and so that there are then two hammered finishes facing one another, one above curved and concave, which would suggest these indentations help to form a complex colliding wave structure vibrating over and across the HV AC plate by a focusing effect of the bowl or curved interior of the upper plate. So the upper plate should probably be curved or bowl shaped in addition to having the beaten finish. That would probably be the ideal. Otherwise a curved bowl shape for the upper plate would probably be the next best thing.

My next question is what should the upper plate actually be made of? Aluminum, copper, or sheet metal? Alot of our issues come down to not having our own model to experiment with. For example, I'm not sure I understand what this upper plate is actually doing. I can make conjectures but until I've got one working and can monkey with it I can't really know.

I plan on using a high speed blender motor for the magnetic plate. Although I agree with Ufopolitics on the speed as not being very high at all in the Alexey video the blender motor has a variable control for later experiments.

In the case in the experiments of Joe Parr his motor was 10,000 Rpm capable, and according to Joe Parr the machine/s he made created a resonance between the magnets and triangular chips. Joe said the triangular chips were put in a hyper-space when they reached resonance. Now isn't it interesting that the interaction between the magnets and the chips also created an unknown energy bubble capable of great force. In Parr's experiments this energy field blew-up with explosive force and destroyed several of Joe Parr's machines. So there's power potential; we know that much.

The evidence shown in Joe Parr's experimental work strongly suggests that Alexey is right about there being a correlation between the resonance and the hammered finish. It's interesting that the correlation may also contain a lower RPM count on the rotating magnetic plate as opposed to Joe Parr's machine with it's sharply pointed triangular plates and his use of a very high speed motor. In both cases we have the creation of a resonating harmonic taking place between two types of geometric patterns.

It would be nice to know if Alexey has tried running this without the upper plate. I don't know what to think about the upper plate. Not entirely. You might be right for all we know right now.
                                Also see Ufopolitics post:
                                On his latest video he shows clearly the voltage capacity Difference between flat-smooth aluminum disc and textured (hammered) one...and the diff is very noticeable...even though he is using low voltage on demonstration.

I proposed here before to use aluminum foil...shrinked then flattened...a few layers together, then bolted (through magnets bolts) to a solid flat aluminum disc...I believe it will give the same effect...while using the smooth side to run brushes.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                                Originally posted by sinergicus View Post
                                Today I thought about motors that could be used in this experiment to turn the magnet discs and I remembered about auto fan motors that pushing air in your car using big plastic turbo fan attached to it... they are runing at 12 v from car battery and are fairly powerful ....they can be bought for very cheap from warehouses where old cars are dismantled and the component sold as second hand parts....just a thought that I want to share with you
                                Yes, a good idea and there's Craigslist too for Autoparts.
                                Last edited by Gambeir; 10-10-2018, 08:08 PM.
                                "The past is now part of my future, the present is well out of hand." Joy Divison "Heart and Soul LP."

Comment

Working...
                                X