account activation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• account activation

this thread for people that can't access JPG , i think they miss account activation, the question is how they can activate their accounts ?

thanks in advance

Originally posted by med.3012 View Post
    ]the question is how they can activate their accounts ?
    They can't. Their account is awaiting moderation. In other words. Aaron has to approve their accounts.

All the best,

Slick

Comment

Originally posted by SlickDick View Post
      They can't. Their account is awaiting moderation. In other words. Aaron has to approve their accounts.

thanks for the info , i hope Aaron will solve the problem soon so other people can follow our works.

Comment

thanks for the info , i hope Aaron will solve the problem soon so other people can follow our works.
        Welcome Mohamed,

It is not a "problem", it is a choice to not allow anyone free access. There are very good arguments against unristricted access. Downside is it creates a task for a human to screen and activate the accounts.

As to the of guests not able to view attachments (it is not a JPG issue, it applies to all types of files allowed uploaded to EF using the internal upload function);
        to allow guests to view images and such, regardless of the settings of this forum software, don't use the internal upload function which is limited anyway. Link to an external source and embed them in your posts if desired. Or better use both. if one source dies, there is the internal for backup.

If Aaron is reading this; it might be an option to consider allowing guest the privilege to download attachements, it is just clicking a switch in the usergroup admin screen. Changing the setting might increase the bandwidth bill though...

All the best,

Slick

Comment

i get in touch with Aaron and he advised to be logged in... , most of attachments are very small, they are in form of photo or PDF, this site give an opportunity to archive our improvement. thanks for the reply .

Comment

approved

i get in touch with Aaron and he advised to be logged in... , most of attachments are very small, they are in form of photo or PDF, this site give an opportunity to archive our improvement. thanks for the reply .
            Hi, since you can post these messages, your account is already approved. I even double checked to make sure there wasn't a glitch and it is definitely approved without restrictions.

Can you post a link to a post with a small attachment you're talking about?

Thanks.
            Sincerely,
            Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
            Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
            RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
              Hi, since you can post these messages, your account is already approved. I even double checked to make sure there wasn't a glitch and it is definitely approved without restrictions.

Can you post a link to a post with a small attachment you're talking about?

Thanks.

Thanks Aaron for the reply, it's not my account, it's a friend account , the problem is solved now, thanks once again

Comment

Working...
              X