Johnny Aum Oscillator Led Light Circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Aum Oscillator Led Light Circuit

Hi all, as some may know, i like lights, so i have been testing this oscillator circuit and it seems quite efficient.
    Your thoughts welcome.
    peace love light

Edit: fixed led diode orientation in circuit drawing

Edit two, 5/14/2018: Someone made me aware this thread is missing all the circuit drawings, this should be the majority of them.

Last edited by SkyWatcher; 05-14-2018, 11:06 PM.

Updated circuit

Hi all, i updated the circuit, it is now using a Cree XB-D 1 watt led taken from a flashlight.
    I also powered the led while it was in the flashlight and it appears at least 50% or more of normal brightness, which is very nice to me.
    This means we could have at least 100 hours of this good light output using a couple 2000mah nimh cells.
    My next step, is to use a ferrite TV flyback core and use more 30awg. bifilar turns and see how the light output is and the input.
    Your comments are appreciated.
    peace love light

Comment

Hi all, i decided to try and get a little more practical lighting level, so i am now using a 6 watt led bulb, a non-dimmable kind.
      I am also using a little bigger NPN transistor, including the same PNP from previously and a different capacitor and a different resistance value with potentiometer for initial tuning.
      Also am now using 3 AA nimh cells in series as input.
      I am getting some very nice light output, in fact, when i look at the led bulb, it burns into my eyes a bit and the illumination in the room proves that.
      And all that, for only 3.99 volts at .041 amps or 164 milliwatts.
      I am rather impressed by this setup at the moment.
      I will post the updated circuit and a picture tomorrow when i get a chance.
      All comments are welcome.
      peace love light

Comment

Hi all, here is the new circuit drawing.
        The light output is very practical and another interesting thing is, the toroid makes a hissing or screeching sound as it oscillates, at the tuning setting it is at.
        peace love light

Comment

Hi all, here is a pic of the 6 watt led bulb being lighted.
          I raised the input a bit more, to 246 milliwatts, so a 1/4 watt.
          peace love light

Comment

Again, really nice work sky!
            I have played with Jhonny Aum in the past (but not this one...) and also have interesting results. This guys rocks!!!
            Can you please point me to the original circuit from Jhonny?
            The only time i eard a "isssshhhh" sound in my experiment it is when i use a reedswitch for triging a transistor.

I may try these one when have some time.

Just whant let you know i appreciate your sharing!

Take care!
            Last edited by Wistiti; 11-04-2016, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Hi wistiti, thanks for reply.
              I have not found an original circuit drawing, only a video from his youtube channel.
              I took a still shot from the video.
              peace love light

Comment

Hi all, Hi wistiti, i should remind you, one of the bifilar strand coil ends, connects to the beginning of the other strand, in true, non-bucking bifilar fashion.
                Also, johnny aum claims this oscillator has healing properties, somehow.
                Also, that the light from led's is whiter than normal, though that difference may be due to frequency.
                I tried a different bulb, a feit, 3.6 watt, gutted, non-dimmable, filament type led bulb.
                It is brighter and using 222 milliwatts.
                Also, johnny aum claims there is some back charging of the input batteries with this circuit, or if not actually charging the cells, making up for some losses and extending run time and also the cells can be rejuvenated to some degree with this circuit.
                peace love light
                Last edited by SkyWatcher; 11-04-2016, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Hi Sky!
                  Have you do a long run test with this circuit? Does it really drain down the batt??

Comment

Hi wistiti, i will be doing that soon.
                    I have just been setting up the circuit components for the best output for a given input so far.
                    I think i have the best combinations for the moment.
                    I have a good charger, that can charge many different kinds of cells and it has a nice digital readout, showing the mah put into the batteries.
                    So i can time the discharge and know how much was used and then when i recharge the batteries and they peak, i can compare the numbers.
                    peace love light

Comment

Hi all, here is a pic of the circuit running with 3 gutted led filament type bulbs.
                      I topped off the 3 AA nimh cells, so input is now 4.19 volts at 56 milliamps or 235 milliwatts.
                      The light output is very good, for this amount of input if you ask me and i've built many oscillators.
                      peace love light

Comment

Hi all, ok, so i have settled on a parts combination after making a better visual check of light output, with led bulb mounted on ceiling joist.
                        It seems the 6 watt, non-modified, ecosmart led bulb is the winner so far.
                        Input is 218 milliwatts and i am now using a 12 volt tractor battery at 12.71 volts and 17.2 milliamps.
                        I changed the capacitor to a 331 pF and a 370 Kohm resistor.
                        Light output is very good, certainly more light output than 218 milliwatts worth of light.
                        Though, in regard to an experiment, it would be more difficult to know what was put back into the lead acid battery and taken from it, so i will be using the 3 AA nimh for duration tests.
                        I'll report data as i collect it.
                        peace love light

Comment

Hi all, I decided to try something with this dual transistor oscillator from johnny aum.
                          I am testing it in a split positive setup, using the 3 battery format, with 12 volt tractor batteries.
                          I am getting some interesting effects so far.
                          All the sudden, while i let the charge battery go higher, past 12.85 volts, i checked the series batteries and they were rising above the resting voltage i measured this morning, after all 3 batteries rested overnight.
                          Then i just checked again, while the system is running and i notice the charge battery lowered again to 12.85 volts and is now climbing again and reading 12.87 volts, then i checked series batteries again and yet again, they are climbing higher than the morning resting voltage.
                          This reminds me of the behaviour turion was talking about, where his motor would go and then it would stop, then go.
                          Your replies are greatly appreciated.
                          I will continue to observe this.
                          peace love light

Comment

Hi Sky!
                            Good idea to try it on the 3bgs setup! I think we should use the 3bgs almost everywere we need input power...

Are you saing you see a gain on all of the 3 battery? If so it is a great news!!!

Thank you for your sharing!

Comment

Hi wistiti, thanks for reply, i was seeing what appeared to be a charging effect on the series batteries, though it didn't last long and returned to normal operation.
                              Maybe the circuit hit a frequency at a certain voltage that caused it.
                              I know johnny aum said this circuit can charge the input batteries to a certain degree.
                              Every little observation matters i think, which is why i shared it.
                              Even still, this circuit is very useful, with or without 3 battery.
                              Using 12 volt input, only drawing just below a 1/4 watt, 6 watt led bulb gives off enough light for many practical purposes and with the tractor battery, should run for at least 600 or more hours.
                              Like i said, i've built many oscillators and this one is very good at getting an led bulb to put out decent light at low inputs.
                              peace love light

Comment

Working...
                              X