Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Figuera Device, Part G Continuum.( Serious Builders Only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all, Brush Holder ready to Go almost, just have to assemble and balance.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Part G

Looks very good cornboy, love how the brush turned out and wide enough to span two windings at a time.
      sure wish i had a lathe, life would be much less complicated.

MM

Comment

• Hello All, i did a rough preliminary test with my G and 2 x 12V bulbs, per the previous test.

Unfortunately I had big negative spikes,and fuzzy main signal, which i think are caused by brush contact problems.

The brush setup is not good enough for the accuracy needed for internal commutation, so i will rebuild my brush setup with larger bearings on both sides of the plug, with a one piece spindle through the bearings.

The overall form of the signal of both channels was in sinc, not opposed, but need to do a lot more testing to confirm that.

It may take a while to do, as i need bearings and aluminum billet to make new improved brush holder.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Corn boy, you may just need to run the brush for awhile so that it seats in and makes better contact. The commutator company from Tennessee that I have been in contact with called ACT have commutators that have been "run in". I would try that first rather than rebuilding from scratch. Grey Wolf

Comment

• Part G

I agree.

MM

Comment

• Thanks guys, i ran it for quite a while and bedded the carbon in before i ran test. i pulled it down to check the brush for seating, and was fine.

It is a basic design problem, that sets up a vibration wobble,causing the brush to skip, if i was commutating on top, this wouldn't be an issue.

The brush holder just needs a double bearing support.

BTW, the centrifugal force on the brush at full speed is no problem at all.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Cornboy, I noticed that your carbon piece protrudes quite a bit and at higher speed may be causing the vibration in the carbon. If you look at the brush on my commutator that ufopolitics posted on this post earlier, the carbon brush is almost completely covered by the holder. I have have good success with this design even at very high rpm.
                Grey Wolf

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey Wolf View Post
                  Cornboy, I noticed that your carbon piece protrudes quite a bit and at higher speed may be causing the vibration in the carbon. If you look at the brush on my commutator that ufopolitics posted on this post earlier, the carbon brush is almost completely covered by the holder. I have have good success with this design even at very high rpm.
                  Grey Wolf
                  Thanks Grey Wolf, all that will be sorted on new holder.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Holder

I think a wider diameter brush holder should alleviate the problem allowing the housing to be closer to the toroid as the thin frame around the brush is probably vibrating.

Good call GW.

MM
                    Last edited by marathonman; 02-25-2017, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• MM, Thanks for the compliment. Although I am not presently building on a part G on my device, I have built one previously and did not have success with it. It was only 3.5 inches on the OD. May have been too small to hold a flux. I am rebuilding a resistor bar with 7 coils of 325 turns of 16 ga on each made on laminated soft iron. It will be connected like you are doing with the torroid but each will have its own core. We'll see what happens. Grey Wolf

Comment

• Part G

Yes we will see.

At a time before the idiocy of Einstein took hold or rather the great cover up, physicists were true to the cause. putting yourself in the shoes of Figuera at the turn of the century there were only two ways to manipulate currant, one being wire resistance and the other magnetic resistance. having your choice of the two which one would be more efficient and which one would be the most wasteful. of course wire resistance would be the most wasteful because it is wasted as heat and lost and unrecoverable.
                        so that leaves us with magnetic resistance that is even rarer in use back then and not at all now except in reactors used in control systems and such.
                        using a magnetic field to control another magnetic field thus currant flow was a technique used by few but was dead in the sites of Clemente Figuera and was implemented in his device as a means of control.

using a magnetic field in the form of reluctance, inductance, impedance or self inductance or what ever your preferred tag is, is by far the most efficient way to control currant because of the fact that their is no waste heat and major losses. the power is stored in a magnetic field in the core as power is introduced into the system or wires of part G. by storing this power in a magnetic field it allowed Figuera to reuse this stored power at a later time when the power is dropping it can turn the magnetic field into usable power.

of course as with all systems built by humans and our understanding of nature (lack of) there is losses so Figuera used the primary being shoved out the secondary to feed part G and a fraction of the secondary output to aid in replacing the losses.

using two opposing fields in the core of part G allows one to split one feed into two and control the currant separately for each primary and store the power in the magnetic field for later use. so you see part G has multiple functions and would be hard to replace or not use at all as the lack of it will render the system non self sustainable.

Figuera was a true Genius.

MM
                        Last edited by marathonman; 02-26-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Slowly but shurely!

Part G finally done.
                          Marathon Man I hope your electronic part G will work!
                          Sign me up for two or three!

Not kidding,
                          Shadow
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Multiple responses...in one post...saving time.

Hello to All,

@ Cadman: Friend, thanks for your testing, I have not ignored you, so please do not take it that way, have been swamped.
                            However, for some reason your results were not even close to what I am working on now, and so was expecting to be similar.
                            Thanks again!!

@ Cornboy: Hello Cornboy, I meant to write the day when your test failed...but I couldn't...so, I will do now:
                            Your brush distance from shaft/aluminum drum to contact surface is too long, this causes a lot of play and vibrations when running, got to be much closer, more compact.
                            I was gonna ask you...did you try opening Part G windings and just leaving some copper rings not connected for brush to ride on...when making the bulbs test?

@ Shadow: Nice looking rotary switch, nice motor and whole set up!!

Regards to all

Ufopolitics
                            Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Nice looking switch Shadow, great work.

@ UFO, no i havn't split the winding yet.
                              It's not worth testing until i sort out the rotary internal brush properly, it has to be very accurate and very solid and stable, for best results.

I will also be using a heavier brush from a traction motor, which if need be can span at least 4 bars.

My only and main concern is enough magnetic resistance in the toroid, and primaries, as a whole circuit, to limit the start up current down to manageable levels.

I won't be testing the whole power circuit, until i have a load on the output secondary, and have the second secondary rectified an fed back to input of brush.

Once the input is fed from the s.secondary, and outside source dis connected, i am thinking that high current won't be an issue internally in the device.

Will be very interesting.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Cornboy 555;299196]
                                @ UFO, no i havn't split the winding yet.
                                It's not worth testing until i sort out the rotary internal brush properly, it has to be very accurate and very solid and stable, for best results.

I will also be using a heavier brush from a traction motor, which if need be can span at least 4 bars.`-QUOTE+

That's fine friend...

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
                                My only and main concern is enough magnetic resistance in the toroid, and primaries, as a whole circuit, to limit the start up current down to manageable levels.

I won't be testing the whole power circuit, until i have a load on the output secondary, and have the second secondary rectified an fed back to input of brush.

Once the input is fed from the s.secondary, and outside source dis connected, i am thinking that high current won't be an issue internally in the device.

Will be very interesting.

Regards Cornboy.
                                According to your Part G config...you will need quite some amps and not much voltage to generate the right flow, then generating a field.

I highly recommend that you get it first running at a suitable speed...like 1800 RPM's (50%) or so, before even applying one single amp. Then increasing amperage-voltage very, very slowly regulated...

That is also my concern as well...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                                Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                                X