Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Figuera Device, Part G Continuum.( Serious Builders Only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marathonman View Post
    UFOP;
    since the signal coming from N & S are the same signal just a higher intensity than the other, what good would an AC cap do here other than being detrimental.
    or am i just missing something here as i thought we were using DC.???
    Hello MM,

An AC Cap installed between both terminals could create a Voltage Potential Difference, allowing me to rise Voltage at my LINEAR PSU.

See what I wrote before IS CRITICAL, maybe you did not read it completely...but the System having so low resistance NO ONE can simply dial any reasonable power in V & A to drive the magnetic fields which would create induction...

I thought a Linear PSU would do...but it DOES NOT either...behaving the same as the Switching one before.

Maybe when we connect ALL Primaries to be at our system...then it should do it. But then how could we be able to check the correct ratio primary to secondary on a single module?

Originally posted by marathonman View Post
    as for Doug, well that can be a hit or miss as to what kind of mood he is in. ill ask him anyways.

it would be much more beneficial if he was here to tell you, if you know what i mean.

MM
    I believe I saw Doug1 Comment on other Thread...was that him?...if so, he may chime in and tell Us both...what to do here.

Take care

Ufopolitics
    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 01-10-2017, 01:42 PM.
    Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Don't Hold Breath

As i have stated before, yes i read all posts completely and i am aware we are dealing with little to no resistance and that is reeking havic on your power supplies.
      it seams to me the cap is just a band aid to the real cause of the problem in which the real demon or culprit has not come to light yet. it is something i over looked or missed in the process.

I must ask you is your system running when you apply the power and are your primaries still getting saturated. i was thinking that if so your primaries are to strong and need less winding's as what you have is pure saturation and or you still are not getting the proper currant reduction with your part G for some reason.

As for Doug, yes it was him. i would not get your hopes up as he is like a bat in the night, striking only when he feels the need and reveals only what he wants to.
      Wish he would join us on this thread.

They shipped me the wrong commutator. a horizontal was sent instead of a vertical. so i have a free horizontal commutator if any one wants it or needs a cool paper weight. i guess i will have to pay for the right one this time as i don't think another freebe will be sent. Arg ! even though i said i would post all their information on this thread about their part and web site if it worked out. i will find out today if the vertical will be sent as a sample.

MM
      Last edited by marathonman; 01-10-2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Facts happening in our system...

As i have stated before, yes i read all posts completely and i am aware we are dealing with little to no resistance and that is reeking havic on your power supplies.
        it seams to me the cap is just a band aid to the real cause of the problem in which the real demon or culprit has not come to light yet. it is something i over looked or missed in the process.
        Hello MM,

Related to the Capacitor...most Generators use a Cap on their exciter system, and it is NOT to avoid any sparks, but to start the inducing field from zero and so, added to reminiscent magnetism on core it starts self energizing and as speed goes up it reaches operational V & A therefore, generating the required magnetic field to do the inducing job on the Rotor Field (Primaries in our case).

Figuera Device basic concept is just about moving the Magnetic Field without the need of a mechanical Prime Mover...other than that fact...the rest is just to follow the typical structure and circuitry from a known Generator. And what I basically mean here, is that a Cap is a common, typical component utilized in most generators exciting system.

Related to Low Resistance and PSU's...we can not fool Ohms Law here based on Inductance to regulate our currents...PSU's are designed to work based on Ohm's Law and completely neglect to recognize the inductance generated on the exciting system.

And so, if a small capacitance AC cap does the job, as allowing me to dial voltage up...then BE VERY WELCOME!!!

I must ask you is your system running when you apply the power and are your primaries still getting saturated. i was thinking that if so your primaries are to strong and need less winding's as what you have is pure saturation and or you still are not getting the proper currant reduction with your part G for some reason.
        I would say my primaries are way under reaching saturation levels MM. I can see fields fluctuating and induction shown at secondary, but there must be a specific strong field to be able to generate higher induction at high speeds...and so, if I am not able to dial the proper Voltage Up...that strong field does not take place, period.

This system, as any generator out there, requires a high operating speed to produce the induction at secondaries at the proper frequency. And so, if the field is not strong enough, then at high speeds the weak field literally "fades away" and we loose induction higher output levels.

As for Doug, yes it was him. i would not get your hopes up as he is like a bat in the night, striking only when he feels the need and reveals only what he wants to.
        Wish he would join us on this thread.
        Yes, definitively it would be GREAT if Doug1 decides to join here!!

They shipped me the wrong commutator. a horizontal was sent instead of a vertical. so i have a free horizontal commutator if any one wants it or needs a cool paper weight. i guess i will have to pay for the right one this time as i don't think another freebe will be sent. Arg ! even though i said i would post all their information on this thread about their part and web site if it worked out. i will find out today if the vertical will be sent as a sample.

MM
        I ordered yesterday the flat commutator...Eurton Electric returned my money the first time I placed an order long ago...they told me did not have it...and did not care to offer the following level up...which is about same thing...this time I made sure I called before placing the order, got the name of the guy at parts dept...then call him back to give him my order number...they only had one...finally it is on its way to me...

We really need to test and observe this system behavior at Higher Speeds...

That is one thing which is setting me behind the eight ball...I can not reach higher speeds with the set up I have...I used the strap clock spring type (like Doug suggested), and make them screwing pressure adjustable...and still separates by centrifugal forces at high speeds plus small motor heats up by being too tight.

Vertical Flat Commutators...or the way Figuera had originally (sweeping from inside-out) are the only two ways we can have an operating system which does not looses contact at high speeds.

Take care Friend.

Ufopolitics
        Last edited by Ufopolitics; 01-10-2017, 03:57 PM.
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Understand and agreed.
          or on top like Doug did which can also be vertical if on side.

You get PM??

MM
          Last edited by marathonman; 01-10-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by marathonman View Post

You get PM??

MM
            Yes MM, I did, even though I had to clean my mailbox was almost full...98%

I am working on a centrifugal mechanism which pushes brush down at high speeds...kind like a centrifugal governor type...I just hate to dump so many hours of work on my set up...

take care

Ufopolitics
            Last edited by Ufopolitics; 01-10-2017, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Vertical

Like you said less to worry about in the vertical commutator.

MM

Comment

• A Nice Flat Commutator...

Hello to All,

I have found a nice Flat Commutator, it has 32 elements, and very nice built:

[IMG][/IMG]

It is unique on its class and comes from a Honda Motorcycle, the CBR600RR early models Starter Motor...and I got a used one from EBAY...at $19.00 USD plus shipping USPS like 12.00.

I still have the Eurton one which is on its way...but I am planning on building a tubing-like set, with also a second vertical brush to a flat slip ring...very compact.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                Last edited by Ufopolitics; 01-11-2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Commutator

Yes sir, with the clip mechanism Doug was referring to and that commutator , i think UFOP you just might have a winner.

MM

Comment

• Sounds Great UFO, hope it goes well for you, being able to dial up the RPM without counter weights etc, will simplify testing for you.

I am still wire hunting, will join in soon.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Commutator

Well Toledo commutator deal fell through. those bonehead tried to convince me their comm's were heavy duty. after careful study of the drawing they sent me i decided to pass on their crap. so i guess i am stuck with the 19.50 Vertical one previously posted.

Hey Glen;
                      Would love to see a pic of that 3 inch core you have, drool, drool.

MM
                      Last edited by marathonman; 01-12-2017, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Primary cores

Was BS'ing around today with nothing to do. just playing around with the magnetic fields from my primaries and wow what a field i am getting. very good intense field even from my little two inch diam cores. really looking forward to Glen's results from his three inch cores.
                        there is a big difference in va output from two to three inch cores whether it be round or square.

when i can get the material i will be shooting for a three inch square laminated core like 6 inches long for primaries and 5 inch for secondaries but we have a lot of ground to cover tell i or rather we get to that point.

hope everyone is enjoying some quiet times on their days off.

MM
                        Last edited by marathonman; 01-14-2017, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Hope

MM
                          I sure hope your electronic part "G" will work!
                          Building the rotating commutator is a pain in the
                          butt.
                          HA HA
                          I'll get it done anyway.
                          Shadow

Comment

• Update

Greetings all:

@MM: I will visit my machinist/teacher friend this week and get pics of the 3"core material.

Also, I found another commutator place and posted it, (found it!): COMMUTATORS.COM

These folks look to be the 'real deal', I hope.

My plan is to get one set of cores cut and use them to experiment with. I'll wind one set of primaries with thin copper sheet, and the secondary with #14 gauge wire and see how that plays. (need a bit of 3/8 brass all- thread rod, too!)

It warmed up enough to work outside yesterday, so I started unwinding another toroidal transformer to get it's core. I hope to finish that today and stack it on the other two.

Then, in the next couple of weeks, I hope to get down to 'WV Coil Company'. These folks supposedly stock both square magnet wire and thin copper sheet. Again supposedly, these materials are sold by the pound.

If all works out, I'll purchase enough square magnet wire to wind the 3 layer toroid tight. If the copper sheet works best for primaries, then I'll get enough material to do all the primaries.

The commutators.com folks have vertical face commutators, so I'm going to seek a 36 bar commutator from them. I think those folks can make whatever a person wants.

Keep at it guys!!

glenWV

Comment

• Electronics

Shadow;
                              I had an veteran electronic's person check out my board and he had seen no flaws and liked my design. i have always wanted from the start to do both and that is exactly what i am doing.

Nailed a Dish network interview and will start next week for training as other fell smooth apart. what this means is i will have money flowing in to finish my build and electronics.

i want to test with commutator first to make sure my part G is operating properly and or work out the bugs then switch to electronic switching. i have 15 feet of rectangle wire left and 35 feet of 10 awg as back up so i think i am good.
                              can't wait to test my part G, the suspense is killing me.

pic below is what i am working on right now.

MM
                              Last edited by marathonman; 01-17-2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Great!!

Sounds great to me....still working on two mechanical part "G's"

Good luck!
                                Shadow

Comment

Working...
                                X