Magnetic Implosion Transformer Replication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiyuki View Post
    All: I posted a very rough block-model of how I think the circuitry is laid out at the bottom of this post. It is wrong, I'm sure, but probably close to the actual setup. Hopefully it should make things a little bit clearer before Graham smacks me upside the head with the actual one.

Yes. The input H bridge is being used as a charge pump, much like a ZVS.

Yes, they were driven by the ring. It looked like a string of hex inverters with RC delay lines, so you could tune 6 'phases' and trigger the interrupter.

This I don't know. It is either driven 33%-33%-off, or I misinterpreted the setup. It might also be driven 33%-66%, and it *might* be a plain old bridge. Whatever explains the 3 phases in the scope shot.

Maybe? He implied that the bigger the spike you could get, the better, and explicitly said those 1.2kv rated FETS were actually good up to 1.7kv. It implies he was trying to maximize the interrupt spike.

If we knew the actual principle and critical components, we could probably just use IRF840's. I figure we start with the cheap stuff and look for changes in efficiency that do not fit the standard models.

A damn fine question. I wish I had asked him that one. The answer to that is actually pretty important, because it would tell us what is happening to the flux inside the circuit. If we get spikes back to the input, we'll know there is flux being counter-induced in the primary. If we only get spikes on the HV side, we'll know there is a one-way action and that the output portion is the critical part.

He reengages just after the pulse peaks, with the entire spike and recovery taking less than 1uS. I assume the input is carefully dialed up to reach a safe peak level.

More than 10nS, less than 1uS, that's all I remember. It's in the scope shot but not visible as it is too narrow. It's at the 'knee' where you start seeing vertical lines on the input and output current.

A counter-question: Do we have any ways to artificially decrease permeability of a ferrite? Maybe heating red-hot with a blowtorch? That would make it a lot easier to source the materials, as we'd just need 2 U cores.

Probably could cook it in oven @ 500 degrees or so for an hour or so. Toroids are readily available from Amidon? Split a Ferrite and a iron toroid and you would have the difference in cores. Easily cut on a band saw. I'll keep looking for "C or U" coil forms. Your block diagram looks pretty right on, I'm trying to think of the simplest way to do the waveforms, make the PM fields, etc. His device obviously was a work of art! Could you possibly upload any other pictures you have?

Just had a thought looking at the scope shots. I live and die with the scope. Is it possible we need to consider that the start of a cycle is where the one complete wave goes negative and then crosses back over and goes positive and then turn the sync detector off and on at the right time in what is now the second half of the positive going wave, then the H bridge goes off and allows the "crap" in the coil/C core to integrate into the output. This makes more sense to me in that we unsaturated or drive it in that direction in the coil with a negative going wave/field (assuming a positive wave/field caries it past the knee in a positive direction) Then we remove the load for the small time allowing the VHV pulse to occur and when we turn the load back on when that pulse is between 1200 and 1700 V Peak, it twangs the core and magic happens as we turn the load back on.????? Just thinking. Again, your basic block I think is dead on.

Going to bed now going on 11 pm here.

Ben

Comment

Waveforms

In looking at the waveforms on the scope. It appears that there is a lot going on that was not discussed or stated in the "transformer". IF you look at the one complete Sine wave and consider it to be 360 degrees and the resting time to be another 180 degrees, we see several interesting things that must be considered. Starting with the load on the output in the Syn. rectifier, and the input going down, you see the voltag leading the current by about 90 degrees both in the input current and the output current normal transformer operation.

It still is a normal waveform as the sine wave continues upward through 270 degrees. Sometime after 270 degrees, the sync. rectifier is turned off for a very short period of time and then turned back on. ALSO the H bridge is off/open circuit for 180 degrees after the end of the 360 degree cycle so the transformers input coil is floating during the Energy generation portion of the final 180 degree free floating cycle. All the energy (magic) generation occurs in the last 90 degrees of the normal 360 degree cycle and the additional 180 degree "Rest" period.

Starting at the 270 degree point in the normal waveform, when the load is removed from the transformer and the voltage from the H bridge is approaching zero volts and open circuit, There is a VERY high voltage (+?) pulse in the Primary of the coil reaching 15-1800 volts that is immediately clamped back down (before punching through the input FET's), by the output circuit and then the extra energy generation begins. I "think" there is a HF burst 20-50 VAC, maybe higher, in the RF range, shown as hash on the input resting voltage and the output integrated current waveform. The current REVERSES (clamped by a diode?)back to the input stage and continues most of the time during the resting 180 degree in a positive direction (additional power) in the output stage. This is where the power is generated in the output and where the negative power is added to the input stage. Correctly tuned, that negative return clamped current in the input stage can force the circuit to appear to be operating at +/- zero power. That burst is probably coming from the input core when it is biased properly by the perm. magnet field.(Hence the "Implosion transformer") Is the sync. detector ALSO rectifying the burst pulses, it would have to be considering the waveform????? Or is that just handled by a normal bridge rectifier in parallel with the Sync. Rect. circuit, who knows. I noticed a large multi-wire cable going from the Sync. Rectifier back to the timing board. There was a lot going on in that circuit that the scope hid due to frequency constraints to the probes I think. The output current (extra power) is the integration of that burst by a large amount during the resting period.. Well that's what came to me while I slept last night. This wanders all over the place I hope it is clear enough.

Ben

Comment

circuit

Years ago Graham posted a non-linear load circuit, using a MOSFET as the switching device, that may apply here. The circuit is at the very bottom of the page.

https://electropub.wordpress.com/201...using-mosfets/

I'm interested in working on this project. I'm in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by aniccame View Post
          Years ago Graham posted a non-linear load circuit, using a MOSFET as the switching device, that may apply here. The circuit is at the very bottom of the page.

I'm interested in working on this project. I'm in the US.
          I believe this is or possibly is used in his output circuit! One quote in it almost describes the action of the project!!!!! To quote:

"If one built a drive circuit with variable pulse timing, and an output with variable conduction timing, and a phase control between them; using a MEG with a true Nanoperm core and an electromagnet for the “PM”, I am nearly certain that the principle could be verified or falsified once and for all!

By using a “stiff” (big capacitors in parallel with it) electromagnet in the middle (where the PM goes) connected to a variable current supply, you can simulate a permanent magnet with adjustable flux.

By adjusting the timing of the input and output pulses and the phase angle between them, you can surely gate energy out of the central magnet this way, if it is at all to be done with a MEG.

The drive coils and output coils can be active at completely different times. Pulses of magnetic flux, largely gated from the permanent magnet, can be directed along the core and through the output coils not as wholesale magnetization of the core, but as moving wavefronts of potential gated from the electro-PM."

Ben

Comment

Nice find aniccame! You're probably right about that post being part of the circuit Graham is using now.

He mused that every time he'd get an idea and try to build something, it wouldn't work, and that this setup was basically a collection of a bunch of failed experiments.

I'd suggest anyone following this to read it and understand his thought process and theory rather than my interpretations of it.

Comment

more stuff

Cool! Glad it's helpful.

The page below has been removed recently but it's public now. It's a complete list of Grahams old (15 years ago) posts on various forums. All together and easy to search if you have an idea of what your looking for. I feel out of the loop on this current thread but maybe some of you will find the documents useful.

https://electropub.wordpress.com/ema...posts-archive/

https://electropub.files.wordpress.c.../meg-group.doc

Comment

Originally posted by aniccame View Post
                Cool! Glad it's helpful.

The page below has been removed recently but it's public now. It's a complete list of Grahams old (15 years ago) posts on various forums. All together and easy to search if you have an idea of what your looking for. I feel out of the loop on this current thread but maybe some of you will find the documents useful.

https://electropub.wordpress.com/ema...posts-archive/

https://electropub.files.wordpress.c.../meg-group.doc

OK Gang,

Are we going to build or what? Or is everyone waiting for more information?

Ben

Comment

Graham's presentation

Graham is taking a break to be with family and get away from the project for a while. He has dedicated almost every hour outside of his normal job to work on the MIT for the conference.

His presentation will be released along with the other conference presentations. I'm not sure how much he will disclose outside of the presentation, but I'll help him get setup on a website I helped put together for him so we'll see what he shares.

When his presentation is released, I'll ask if he can do a live call to answer questions for anyone that gets a copy.
                  Sincerely,
                  Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                  Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                  RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                    Graham is taking a break to be with family and get away from the project for a while. He has dedicated almost every hour outside of his normal job to work on the MIT for the conference.

His presentation will be released along with the other conference presentations. I'm not sure how much he will disclose outside of the presentation, but I'll help him get setup on a website I helped put together for him so we'll see what he shares.

When his presentation is released, I'll ask if he can do a live call to answer questions for anyone that gets a copy.
                    What is the site [url=http://??

Ben

Comment

A Ruff analysis of Scope Photo's from Cyril Smith

All comments welcome.

respectfully
                      Chet K
                      Attached Files
                      If you want to Change the world
                      BE that change !!

Comment

The price of an Infant

Fellow Researchers:

I have had the pleasure to be in contact with Graham Gunderson and if I recall his words correctly he wishes to pass on these comments.

1. He encourages researchers to explore and reproduce his work to date, however he plans several improvement and modifications to the device that was presented at the conference. So, it will be a moving target. To him there was no point in drafting schematics when he plans to change every thing. (The working technology is less than a month old)

2. He will eventually post on his web site some written material when he gets around to it.

3. He doesn't want to answer a lot of technical questions or teach people advanced electronics (and what he is doing is advanced in some areas). This is a continuing work in progress and not a finished product. He would rather be undisturbed for a few months.

4. He doesn't plan to do another demonstration until he can "Close the Loop"

5. He doesn't know why this system works since its performance was way above any of his expectations. He was hoping for a COP of 1.05. He does have some interesting measurement observations which I shall share later.

6. He would like to move into small manufacturing by selling his circuit boards and other subsystems for general OU work, along with white papers and plans. Maybe some assembled modules. He would also like to advance his technical interests in music.

7. For those of you with the Big Bucks (Probably nobody here) the technology is for sale in this infant form for someone who has the means to take a big gamble.

Sticker price $2 million US Lump sum (this is so he can end up with $1 million after taxes)

This includes 90% of the rights to the provisional patent, copies of all lab notes and written material, data sheets, catalog cuts, etc. The operating prototype as it was shown at the convention w/ possible improvements. And 40 hours of training. This quote is good for 30 days (until Aug. 19, 2016)

Offer does not include the instrumentation.

The price will increase as successful replications, improvements, performance enhancements, university demonstrations, and inflation dictates.

This could turn in to one great adventure.

Mark McKay, PE

Comment

Paper Review

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
                          All comments welcome.

respectfully
                          Chet K
                          That is some nice work, a good read. Some technical comments:

The output synchronous diode network is only activated for less than 10% (and probably less than that) of the full cycle time. The rest of the time the output is connected to the capacitors with the AC flowing through them with a little 12V DC float on top. I suppose that we now need to use un-polarized capacitors in the output section.

Graham describes the primary as having a huge amount of reactive energy oscillating between the primary and those 8 orange capacitors (8X 1600VDC at 10K2 [.001 uF]). He mentioned values like 1.6 kVAR and peak voltages higher than the 800 Volts discussed at the conference. However his H-Bridge FETS are only rated at 1000 PIV. (He blew one up this last weekend)

The input wave generator (H-Bridge) is intended to just add a little energy to each half cycle to keep the resonance (or whatever) going.

Spokane1

Comment

An Addendum

More Thoughts from Cyril Smith.[Member Smudge]

Respectfully

Chet K
                            Attached Files
                            If you want to Change the world
                            BE that change !!

Comment

Originally posted by Spokane1 View Post
                              Fellow Researchers:

I have had the pleasure to be in contact with Graham Gunderson and if I recall his words correctly he wishes to pass on these comments.

1. He encourages researchers to explore and reproduce his work to date, however he plans several improvement and modifications to the device that was presented at the conference. So, it will be a moving target. To him there was no point in drafting schematics when he plans to change every thing. (The working technology is less than a month old)

2. He will eventually post on his web site some written material when he gets around to it.

3. He doesn't want to answer a lot of technical questions or teach people advanced electronics (and what he is doing is advanced in some areas). This is a continuing work in progress and not a finished product. He would rather be undisturbed for a few months.

4. He doesn't plan to do another demonstration until he can "Close the Loop"

5. He doesn't know why this system works since its performance was way above any of his expectations. He was hoping for a COP of 1.05. He does have some interesting measurement observations which I shall share later.

6. He would like to move into small manufacturing by selling his circuit boards and other subsystems for general OU work, along with white papers and plans. Maybe some assembled modules. He would also like to advance his technical interests in music.

7. For those of you with the Big Bucks (Probably nobody here) the technology is for sale in this infant form for someone who has the means to take a big gamble.

Sticker price $2 million US Lump sum (this is so he can end up with $1 million after taxes)

This includes 90% of the rights to the provisional patent, copies of all lab notes and written material, data sheets, catalog cuts, etc. The operating prototype as it was shown at the convention w/ possible improvements. And 40 hours of training. This quote is good for 30 days (until Aug. 19, 2016)

Offer does not include the instrumentation.

The price will increase as successful replications, improvements, performance enhancements, university demonstrations, and inflation dictates.

This could turn in to one great adventure.

Mark McKay, PE
                              Uggghh! That's pocket change for some companies that would want to buy this up and shelve it (bury it forever). Would he still be able to develop and sell this? (if they don't slip in some fine print legalize that would prevent him from doing so).
                              There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Originally posted by ewizard View Post
                                Uggghh! That's pocket change for some companies that would want to buy this up and shelve it (bury it forever). Would he still be able to develop and sell this? (if they don't slip in some fine print legalize that would prevent him from doing so).
                                Dear ewizard,

Your bring up a good point. The price is pocket change and there are companies that would like to bury it forever (If they thought it was real). I kind of doubt that any of them are going to jump in until a university verification is achieved or several reproductions have been reported. The MIB generally doesn't show up until one starts selling a functional product.

You are also correct about the fine print that might be in some kind of non-compete contract. Generally, people can build from any US patent any invention they want for their own use. It is when they sell those items that the patent protection kicks in.

The real worry is not some anti-green big business, it is the government. They have claimed the right to confiscate any patent they want and don't have to provide compensation. They can take the equipment and issue stern letters of warning to anyone who has touched the technology.

I have seen this happen to an inventor in my local area who was doing some development with helix satellite antennas. An FBI field team of 6 agents dropped in one day and loaded up anything that looked like an antenna or any thing that look like notes. They did leave some tools. He had to provide a list of all the people and their contact information who knew anything about his research or face contempt of court charges. He was then told not to work on this technology again.

So, until these claims become recognized you had better load up on the photos, DVD, and drawings - if you are interested in this sort of thing.

The sad reality is that when mixing a potential age changing technology with money is that saving the world is nice, but it doesn't pay the rent.

Spokane1

Comment

Working...
                                X