Reproducing the Don Smith Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reproducing the Don Smith Effect

In my quest to understand and reproduce the famous (or perhaps infamous) Don Smith device, I have taken the approach of carefully investigating the physics behind it, testing configuration after configuration looking for evidence of anomalous behavior. The actual source of overunity energy in all of Don's devices (except perhaps the magnetostriction device) is the "Don Smith Effect", which he described in a separate very short document that is totally incomprehensible. Don stated that "only moron level intelligence" was necessary to understand it because it's so amazingly simple, and yet his explanation and diagrams have defied all attempts to make sense of them.

I have now reproduced the Don Smith Effect, and it is indeed amazingly simple. Once you understand it, it becomes obvious how Don's other devices work. To reproduce the Don Smith Effect on your own workbench, you will need:

-A high voltage high frequency power source of some kind. A flyback driver is ideal.
    -A battery to drive the flyback.
    -A diode on the battery positive lead. Don called this a "kickback diode", but it has nothing to do with classic inductive kickback suppression. What it actually does is turn the whole battery into the positive half of an avramenko plug/cap arrangement for converting HV/HF into DC.
    -An earth ground for the flyback.

That's it. I used the top cover of an old dead computer power supply as a way to make sure there is plenty of capacitive coupling between the flyback output and the battery case. Use caution, because when the circuit is operating it's at high voltage and will shock you. Keep all low voltage wires well away from the exposed HV.

What you should expect: at first, the battery will run down somewhat as there isn't any cold/radiant energy stored in the battery yet. I had two small 12V gel-cells to try it with and the first one only took a few seconds to start self-charging. The second one took about a minute. Both batteries were partially conditioned on a Bedini/Ufopolitics style inductive kickback pulse charger with repeated charge and discharge cycles and both were almost completely discharged. With a new gel cell or one that's only ever been charged with hot electricity, seeing the effect could take quite a while, because the battery will probably have to run almost completely down, draining the "hot" electricity out so it can be replaced with the cold/ambient/radiant power as it's self charging in the ambient field of the flyback.

Once the Don Smith Effect kicks in, the battery voltage will stop going down. Depending on the particulars of your rig, it may even start going up. Keep a close watch because it can go up surprisingly high, within 5 minutes mine started exceeding the 20V range on my cheapo voltmeter. It's also hard to get good readings while the rig is running due to the HV.

Congratulations! You now have a closed-loop self-runner with ambient feedback. This is the input stage to the regular Don Smith device. For additional fun, attach a cap with avramenko to the HV part of the circuit and use that to do something useful like light a lamp or charge a battery. Then see how much power you can draw while the battery maintains voltage. I haven't spent much time optimizing for power output but I can achieve a continuous 1 watt output easily. While I doubt you will achieve kilowatts of output this way, I suspect 10 watts or perhaps even much more is achievable.

I have included a picture of this configuration. Please excuse the messy workbench and all the other extraneous components. The only components in this configuration are as described. The diode is an STTH3010 30A, 1000V, ultrafast diode. This is overkill, and probably even something like a UF4007 would work and even a 1N400X series might be OK too. Experiment with what you have on hand.

The keys to understanding the Don Smith Effect are that the battery or cap receives an ambient/cold/radiant charge due to its being charged while in an HV field. Then when this special electricity is passed through a transformer, the transformer runs overunity and Lenz's law is reduced. At higher power levels the transformer should run noticeably cold, but I haven't reproduced this effect yet. To draw excess power from this circuit you should tap it from the HV side, after the flyback transformer, not from the battery DC side which has not gone through the transformer yet.

You're welcome, and please report your results here.
    Attached Files

Schematic

Tswift,
    Could you post a schematic?

Thanks,
    wantomake

Comment

Yes, here is the schematic for the version with an output coming off the HV. I used a scavenged microwave oven cap (0.86 uF, 2100 VAC) and two high-speed 16 KV rated microwave oven diodes (for inverter microwaves) with a designation UX-FOB on them for the avramenko. Use extreme caution because the entire output circuit (including the transformer winding itself) is at high voltage when the circuit is operating. The battery has to be quite close, almost touching the cap and transformer, to pick up enough ambient voltage to self-charge in this configuration.

The flyback unit is a PVM12 plasma driver from amazing1.com. It's good for perhaps 20-30 watts and 16KV or so open circuit, adjustable from about 30-70 KHz frequency. The frequency in this case doesn't matter, it's not a tuned circuit.

The picture shows that configuration on the workbench, lighting a light bulb while self running. The bulb is a 15W 120V incandescent and is very dimly lit, not really visible with the camera flash. Perhaps 1 watt of power, but it's on and the circuit maintains voltage.

Best of luck for replications, usual high voltage precautions apply. At least the microwave oven cap has a built-in drain resistor for safety, but those can break leaving the cap holding an unexpected charge. I used a 350V GDT to pulse the transformer, any less than about 300V didn't work well because of the HV around the circuit. The transformer core I used is one I had lying around and is hugely overkill, it doesn't need anything that big. A little ferrite ring might do, in fact. You'll need to adjust primary/secondary turns to get a reasonable match to your load voltage, and make sure the HV side can't easily arc over to the LV side.

Tom
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tom,

Thanks for showing this setup. You mentioned a "kickback" diode in series with the input battery positive but it is not in the schematic?

I wonder how long this setup have been able to run so far ? (meaning the battery is self charging) I understand if you have not done longer tests though.
        Do you think a high value electrolytic capacitor could also self charge at the input if you replace the battery? Or the effect only valid for battery operation?

Greetings, Gyula

Comment

Yes, I realized that, I accidentally left the diode off the schematic. It's critical to the operation and you will not see any effects without it. It's right at the positive terminal of the battery, with the anode to battery positive and the cathode going to the flyback (obviously, if it's backwards the flyback won't operate). You can see it in the pictures if you look closely.

I have only run the setup for several hours so far. My experimenting time is limited and I don't want to leave the setup running unattended. When I tried the version without a load on the output, the battery went up to very high (anomalously high) voltages within minutes and if I hadn't been watching it, it could have ruined the battery or done no telling what kind of damage. Even after I cut if off, the battery voltage would fluctuate wildly on the meter, down to normal/reasonable battery voltages (10-12 volt range) and then back up again until the digital meter quit reading at 20 volts, and back again multiple times. Then it would seem to settle down for a while, but at a higher reading each time as if the battery was self charging with the circuit OFF! I don't know quite what to make of this behavior, it's a cheap voltmeter and I have been operating it quite close to HV sources so perhaps it's nothing more than experimental error.

The fact that the device is receiving ambient energy from the high-voltage displacement field around the flyback output can easily be proven once you have the rig running. Just move the battery farther away and watch the self-charging effect stop. Then move it closer incrementally and watch the voltage begin to stabilize and then start gaining as you move it even closer. Depending on your exact components and rig you may have to get it very very close indeed, with the battery essentially touching the HV parts. I can't say it enough, be cautious and use good sense, because the flyback once it's operating overunity is capable of putting out more current at high voltage than normal, which could get very dangerous. I was brave/foolish and was moving the battery around by hand with the circuit operating before I realized this fact. I have quite a bit of experience working around high voltage now and rarely get bitten, but it's still a foolish risk to take once we are talking higher power levels.

And yes, Don stated repeatedly that capacitors will work equally well in this regard. That's why the huge caps are there on Don's board on the famous "tabletop" device. This device is actually two overunity devices in series, one driving the other. The first uses the battery as a receiver of ambient energy and works exactly like the rig I'm showing. The flyback or NST operates overunity and the battery self-charges. Then on the output side, the big cap bank operates as the receiver and the (never shown) output transformer is where the big overunity gain happens. There is one picture where Don is shown sitting and behind him on a rack is a very large transformer, probably 5-10 KW range. This is what you need on the second stage output to achieve a kilowatt class device capable of powering a home.

Comment

Hi Tom,

I'm a bit sceptical (even though I'm experimenting in the same field),

Are you sure It was not just a reading error?. because in my experience if you put your meter leads near a high voltage oscillation, (like a tesla coil) your meter starts to malfunction reads huge fluctuations of voltage depend on how near it is, In the past (with Tesla coils) I also tried putting a capacitor near a High voltage oscillation with a meter on it and witness the same increase in voltage (like its charging) and then when I turn off my device, the accumulated charge went away (as if It escaped from the capacitor ) ... though I have not tried it with a battery,

Since your at it Can you run a test?.. (I will also run my own test )
            Can you move your battery and meter away from the High voltage Oscillation (via long wires) and put a Parallel capacitor banks and let these capacitors be exposed in the High Voltage field in place of the Battery. If your theory is correct it should also work this way.

Ric

Comment

Ric,

I agree with your point. It could most definitely be instrumentation error, as I am well aware from my experience working around Tesla coils and high voltage circuits in general. And yes, I can try the test you suggest and I think it should also produce the effect, although perhaps less strongly.

The gold standard in science, is and always will be, an independently replicable experiment. This is why I'm posting sufficient details here to replicate. If this is confirmed, then Don was indeed correct and he was the first to explicitly describe this new effect in physics. The reason I'm excited about this experiment is that this is the first time I have seen something on my own workbench that appears to directly and clearly confirm at least some of what Don said.

Here is my current understanding of the physics: when a charged capacitor or a battery is placed in an oscillating electric field (such as near a Tesla coil or other high voltage circuit), and the diodes and earth ground are arranged properly, it causes an extra "copy", in some sense, of the battery/cap energy to be made with every high voltage pulse. This energy is what Don called "not usable" in this form, but has to be pass through a transformer to become useful energy, that is watts that will do work through a load. The more energy stored in the cap or battery, the stronger the effect. The greater the field strength of the oscillating field, the more the effect. Whether the effect gets stronger with frequency I don't yet know, but Marc Belanger claimed to have replicated it with a 60 Hz NST and made a video showing it. I am using a 30 KHz flyback. No spark gap is required. No tuned coils are required. The only essential elements are the cap/battery, the diodes, the earth ground, and a high voltage transformer of some kind to produce an oscillating electric field near the cap or battery.

My experimenting time is limited, but I will be happy to let you know what I find. I don't have any supercaps or something to store a really large amount of energy at 12V, so I expect the output will be less than with the battery if my understanding is correct.

Regards,
              Tom

Comment

Corrected schematic showing proper diode placement. The diode type isn't critical but obviously must be suitable for the voltage and current requirements. At higher frequencies such as using a Tesla coil or slayer exciter as a source, it would be advisable to use a "high speed" or "ultrafast" type.
                Attached Files

Comment

In your picture of your actual setup if you look very closely you can also see a red LED connected in parallel with the diode you just added. Is that LED connected with a forward bias so that it also turns on when the current is flowing to the flyback circuit? Or is it reversed biased so that it carries current back to the battery?
                  Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

The LED is reversed with respect to the other diode. Don mentioned using an LED in this way to demonstrate the self charging effect, so that you could see the LED light up with the pulses sending power back into the battery. I tried it and couldn't see any light from it even with the room darkened but that didn't stop the self charging effect from working.

It has been a monumental challenge to decipher everything Don said and wrote, I know many of you have tried too. Some of it he was just plain wrong about. There is also some disinformation, such as needing the "1/4 wavelength wires" to get the battery to self-charge. Most of it he was just very bad at explaining and studying Don's words and diagrams sometimes leave you more confused than when you started. I have read through Don's "Resonance Energy Methods" dozens of times, analyzing every word. I have watched all the existing Don videos I am aware of, multiple times. I thought about transcribing the videos so I could study in detail exactly what he said but I haven't done this yet.

Finally, and most helpfully, I read through the entire "Donald Smith devices too good to be true..." thread twice. ALL of it. I tracked down the deleted posts as best I could, some of them were saved by other people and are available on the internet if you look hard enough. I believe that Zilano was for real and knew what she was talking about. I made much progress by studying closely everything she said, just like Don. Unfortunately, she was hampered by the language barrier as a non-native English speaker. She took the path of trying to educate so people would understand the physics instead of just demonstrating a working device and giving details.

And then Marc Belanger came along around the start of this year. I don't know if his videos are still on youtube, but he had the one that demonstrated (apparently) a working self-charging system very much like the one I'm showing. I downloaded this video and single-stepped through it frame by frame, analyzing every connection and trying to understand the circuit in the light of what I already knew about Don's technology. I don't know what happened to Marc since or if he is still posting information.

What is really needed is for the critical information to be disseminated in a public forum like this for replication. Only when it can be independently replicated can we call it proven. The difficulty is that to do that, you have to give away the important secrets. You can't put the genie back in the bottle. I have made my peace with the fact that there is no way to make money off this, and instead it has to be given away for the good of humanity. Too many inventors have tried to keep their secrets and instead ended up taking them to the grave. I am determined that this not happen again! I have paid the price in terms of thousands of hours over years of time in study and experimentation but I intend to share what I know as widely as possible. Everyone needs to prepare themselves that the time is coming soon for this technology to be released to all humanity and what that is going to mean. I'm pretty sure about 5 billion people on Earth in developing countries will think it's a godsend and about 1 billion people in developed countries will think it's the worst calamity ever to happen and it will be a disaster. This is why I chose a pseudonym and will do my best to remain anonymous.

I will be happy to keep answering questions, has anyone built a working rig yet?

Comment

Thanks for all your hard work tswift! I believe Don really did have working devices. Remaining anonymous is good and I believe you have the right mindset on everything. Hopefully you are at the least using Tor browser when posting here.
                      There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

For security reasons, I can neither confirm nor deny what technologies I am using to protect myself. But let's just say that I am well versed in information technology as well as electrical engineering. My genuine IP address does not appear in the logs of this site.

This actually touches on another reason why I believe the time is near for this technology. Previously, it wasn't possible to sell devices or even disseminate information without revealing your identity. I'm sure most of you are aware of the suppression cartel and their success to date in preventing the mass marketing of any type of genuine overunity device, in spite of several inventors that certainly appeared to have credible claims, even documented by respected scientists in some cases. I'm thinking of Ed Gray, Stan Meyer, Don Smith, Floyd Sweet and no telling how many others whose names you already know if you hang out here.

But now the game has changed. Modern distributed technology and peer-to-peer infrastructure make it possible (but still not necessarily easy) to be able to hide your identity while still bringing information, at the very least, to the masses. This is not a game for the faint of heart: but for me personally, I have staked my entire future on making this work. I have essentially gambled my life on (A) that this technology is actually real and not just various hoaxers, some better at it than others, and (B) that I am personally able to understand it and make it work. The last few years have been a struggle for me as time and again I would be disappointed in my inability to produce results on the workbench, in spite of feeling like my understanding was growing. Now I have at least some cause for hope as it looks like I might be seeing the long-elusive Don Smith Effect at work and if that's the case, then I can reproduce his devices. The real free energy in arbitrary quantities, hot and cold running kilowatts on tap, is not far away. That is, if I'm right. I need independent replication to verify, which is what I'm counting on the community to help with.

As you are no doubt aware, I am already sticking my neck out in a big way by saying this much. Until now I have been content to work behind the scenes, reading, learning, and testing. Time is of the essence, and the biggest risk now is that somehow I can be suppressed before passing on what I have so painstakingly learned up to this point. One inventor alone can be suppressed, and has been. A dozen or more would be very difficult to stop. Hundreds would be impossible. My goal is to use this community to achieve "critical mass", the point at which it will no longer be possible for the suppression cartel to stop it with even with all the resources at their disposal.

Donations are welcome to my public bitcoin address at 1oULabs81pDoByb4w9Wb1rucHM3RbpkqY. Please spend your funds on your own research first, but if the day comes that you feel moved to help then financial assistance would be of great help to me. If in the future I should ever need to prove my identity, I am the holder of the private key corresponding to this bitcoin address and can sign a message proving so.

Comment

Progress

Tswift,
                          I've not been able to get a HV supply together to test this setup.

Have you any progress or testing ?

Thanks,
                          wantomake

Comment

Exciting News

Originally posted by tswift View Post
                            For security reasons, I can neither confirm nor deny what technologies I am using to protect myself. But let's just say that I am well versed in information technology as well as electrical engineering. My genuine IP address does not appear in the logs of this site.

This actually touches on another reason why I believe the time is near for this technology. Previously, it wasn't possible to sell devices or even disseminate information without revealing your identity. I'm sure most of you are aware of the suppression cartel and their success to date in preventing the mass marketing of any type of genuine overunity device, in spite of several inventors that certainly appeared to have credible claims, even documented by respected scientists in some cases. I'm thinking of Ed Gray, Stan Meyer, Don Smith, Floyd Sweet and no telling how many others whose names you already know if you hang out here.

But now the game has changed. Modern distributed technology and peer-to-peer infrastructure make it possible (but still not necessarily easy) to be able to hide your identity while still bringing information, at the very least, to the masses. This is not a game for the faint of heart: but for me personally, I have staked my entire future on making this work. I have essentially gambled my life on (A) that this technology is actually real and not just various hoaxers, some better at it than others, and (B) that I am personally able to understand it and make it work. The last few years have been a struggle for me as time and again I would be disappointed in my inability to produce results on the workbench, in spite of feeling like my understanding was growing. Now I have at least some cause for hope as it looks like I might be seeing the long-elusive Don Smith Effect at work and if that's the case, then I can reproduce his devices. The real free energy in arbitrary quantities, hot and cold running kilowatts on tap, is not far away. That is, if I'm right. I need independent replication to verify, which is what I'm counting on the community to help with.

As you are no doubt aware, I am already sticking my neck out in a big way by saying this much. Until now I have been content to work behind the scenes, reading, learning, and testing. Time is of the essence, and the biggest risk now is that somehow I can be suppressed before passing on what I have so painstakingly learned up to this point. One inventor alone can be suppressed, and has been. A dozen or more would be very difficult to stop. Hundreds would be impossible. My goal is to use this community to achieve "critical mass", the point at which it will no longer be possible for the suppression cartel to stop it with even with all the resources at their disposal.

Donations are welcome to my public bitcoin address at 1oULabs81pDoByb4w9Wb1rucHM3RbpkqY. Please spend your funds on your own research first, but if the day comes that you feel moved to help then financial assistance would be of great help to me. If in the future I should ever need to prove my identity, I am the holder of the private key corresponding to this bitcoin address and can sign a message proving so.

Hi Tom --I have been a keen observer and experimenter of the Don Smith devices over the last 8 years or so,----with obviously no positive results -- I went on to other experiments since, -till now ---WOW!, you have just opened up a new idea in getting this to work -- This is awesome. -I can't believe other experimenters have not jumped in on this so far. --I am out of town with a job and I will be home in a few days to try this ---so please stay in there with us and keep us informed of any changes and I will definitely be there to try this out ---Thanx for your very important information---Paul

Comment

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence, Paul. This was my first "successful" test, in that I'm pretty sure I was seeing actual overunity briefly. But as so often happens with experimenting in this field, it's a case of three steps forward and two steps back. Now neither battery will actually self-run and gain voltage. They appear to hold steady if you only watch for a short amount of time but over hours they actually run down slowly. The rig may still be running overunity because I know it takes several hundred milliamps minimum to run the PVM12 with minimal load, and when the battery is starting off at 9.5 volts or so it shouldn't be able to support even this load for very long, and yet it will run for hours. But I can't get it to gain voltage, and I very definitely did at first with both batteries.

I think what must have happened is that my previous experiments on these batteries with a pulse charger (think Bedini machine, or the ufopolitics mosfet/flyback circuit) must have been somewhat successful in getting at least a little scalar characteristic into the battery, so that it self-ran when used in the Don Smith configuration. And I also quite clearly saw a proximity effect: with the battery a foot away it was running at like 7 volts instead of 9-9.5. As I moved the battery closer up it went. With the second battery, the first time I ran it on this rig it started at something like 12.1 volts, dropped progressively down to the low 9's, and then the self-charging kicked in and ZOOM in about 10 seconds or so went up back above 10 and held steady there.

The observation with the voltage really soaring is probably just a measurement error from a cheap meter. If I attach the scope probes to the battery, I don't see the scope trace do this. If I power the meter off and back on it quits doing this for a while but eventually comes back. Is it a weird effect due to the presumably cold electricity within the battery making the meter go wild? I can't say, but of course weird and wild meter readings are well known to be associated with real overunity. I don't currently have another voltmeter to compare against other than the scope, this kind of experimenting is hard on meters as I assume many of you know all too well....

And yes, I am sharing everything I know so far, the good, the bad, and the ugly. If we are to succeed in replicating this world-changing technology it will be because we each share and can build on each other's successes. I certainly have; I have taken everything Don said, and everything Zilano said, and everything anyone said who claimed to have a successful replication and studied the heck out of them and I would not be where I am now without all that to go on.

For those who might have missed it the first time because it got buried in the often-overlooked Don Smith megathread, here is my document summarizing basically everything I know and understand at this point in time about radiant energy and how the Don Smith device works. Unfortunately I already need to update it because I now know from this one positive experiment that the overunity only happens in the first transformer in the chain, not in the subsequent ones also as I more or less imply in the document. In other words, a transformer fed with "cold" electricity will run overunity due to the reduced Lenz's law BEMF, but the output from the transformer secondary will not itself be "cold" electricity that you can then put into another transformer to see another increase.

http://www.free-energy-info.com/Radiant1.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X