Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bright Flash of Light detected at Moment of Conception !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright Flash of Light detected at Moment of Conception !!

Bright flash of light marks incredible moment life begins when sperm meets egg

This seems quite a claim ??

All comments welcome !!

respectfully

Chet K
    If you want to Change the world
    BE that change !!

It is interesting, that is absolutely true.
    But it is not quite as spectacular as it sounds.
    When I read this I think of a flash that lights up the room, scorching the wall paper, and I have no such recollection with either of my two children. Now, a man can never be 100% certain that his children are indeed his. (unless you have lived in a location where you were the only man during the time conception was possible)
    Should I worry now?
    Reading the article the flashes are not really "bright", you'd have to fertilize billions of eggs to be able to read a book in the dark, and then with all of this fertilizing going on one may get distracted.

The article writes about "fluorescence" and I thought that means high energy radiation (usually UV) is converted into lower energy radiation (usually visible light) that would mean that there isn't even an actual flash until you provide the UV. The UV may in turn be harmful to the DNA in these cells and that ends all usefulness of this find. IMHO

Ernst.

Comment

How do you make sense of this ? [for me personally]

One thing I must say it would seem life as we know it starts at this moment .

It is very Hard to digest the significance of this , but to see it happen
      is something I will never forget !

respectfully
      Chet
      BE that change !!

Comment

You know an egg-cell can be fertilized only once. After contact with the sperm cell, the cell immediately shuts down and does not accept a second sperm cell.
        This means that there has to be a very abrupt process at the moment of conception.
        This is not anything unusual, spectacular or... it is a biological necessity.
        The whole process would not work any other way.
        Now what they have found is that this process frees an amount of zinc from the egg-cell which binds to neighbouring molecules.
        Up to here, I would not describe it as unusual or spectacular.
        Now it happens that these newly formed molecules with zinc are fluorescent.
        Originally posted by wiki
        Fluorescence is the emission of light by a substance that has absorbed light or other electromagnetic radiation.
        And fluorescent molecules can easily be made visible.
        So in a real life situation there would not be any "bright flash of light" or "astonishing fireworks" or "an explosion of tiny sparks", this is all a ridiculous exaggeration, a Hollywood-type-fantasy description of what is actually happening.
        Yes, life is magic in a way and in particular the start of new life. So we want to believe in some really spectacular display going on at the moment of conception but now really read this article and you'll find it is not there.
        Having said that, don't use logic to reason away true magic.

Ernst.

Comment

a line in the sand

Ernst
          yes your points are well taken , I have to say My Hollywood side thought
          of lightening bolts and Frankenstein coming to life .

but the "other " side ?,well it was more like a slap across the back of the head.
          a wake up call which gave me great pause.

In My country [USA} they are always fighting about Life and when it starts.

regardless if the flash can't be seen across the street , we can see it.. and there is a line in the sand there .

LIFE !!

although.. the parties involved are alive prior to this meeting >

I remember it was an odd thing for me to learn that women were born with every Egg they will ever have ,and carry them for all there childbearing lives
          [batteries Not included ].

these things make my head swirl !

Thanks for your comments .

respectfully

Chet K
          BE that change !!

Comment

Ok, then to the real magic...
            "A philosophy" ( ) says the world is created in 4 layers, some call it elements; fire, water, air and earth, in that order.
            Earth is our 3-D material world, Air is our 2-D world of thoughts, Water is our 1-D world of emotions and Fire is the 0-D source of all that is, was and will be.
            This "flash" could be considered as the start of material/physical life, but it would never come to life if it had not descended through the other layers, if there was no thought, no emotion and no ... (I don't know what to call the last one).

So... in this light life starts well before conception.

But I think we stray somewhat from this forum's purpose...

Ernst.

Comment

Purpose....

A very Big Word !!

Thx

Chet
              BE that change !!

Comment

Working...
              X