Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turion
    replied
    Speeding up under load looks and sounds cool, but you will find out as you do more testing that your MAXIMUM generated coil output is at the point where you neither speed up NOR slow down under load. WIth a variac supplying your input power, you can easily make the perfect adjustment and see that for yourself.

WIth only ONE coil on the machine, I don't know whether you will see much of ANY benefit to magnetic neutralization if you decide to add that to your build, but it will be interesting to see your results no matter what direction you take this project.

The most important thing you are doing is showing a new generation what is possible, so that the ridiculous conventions of an earlier time are left behind and people open their minds to what is possible. I hope Jordan appreciates what you are showing him and realizes the difference the knowledge he is gaining can make in the world.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Safety Cover

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    I switched to a Variac, the dimmer does not work at 15vac. The Variac does. This is the first video of the completed project. Many Many Many more video's to come. Dozens. Whe I am done the people with understand what Bowling is doing and what Heins is doing all wrapped up into one. Sleepy time is over. Wonderment is not and option, you are going to get well beyond the endless guessing.

Leave a comment:

• alexelectric
    replied
    regards BroMikey

To remember I am going to mention some already known variables that appear in the generation of energy.
    how many adjustments do any project require, in any generator if the speed decreases, less induction goes, if you reduce the magnets, less induction, you reduce the rpm rpm the induction is reduced, in the coil it depends on the wires, the size and length of the wire, then we move to the air or metal core, among some others.

Then if you make multiple thread coils, you already have another set of combinations.

How many variables do you have to operate and see what is best and what you want.
    Thank you for showing us your project BroMikey , we remain attentive to your progress

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    shield almost done thx to social distancing

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Okay here is what happened tonight. Took it away from the the house finished installing the rotor magnets so all that is left is a guard for now. No opposing magnets, no coil connections for generating any power. Fired it up and took some readings of the free wheeling rotor as follows. 55 vac at 750ma was required vs the approx 32vac at 450ma without the core in place. Right off the bat we have a considerable increase of drive input energy. Actually even the rpm is a tiny bit slower than 1700rpm. The only way I could get it all the way up to full speed was to give it a little bit more juice but the difference is negligible.

I was able to dial the volts down to 30vac at 450ma like before with a core but the rpm was way slower around 1200rpm(guessing) and the coil put out 250vac so I powered up a 100 watt equivalent LED bulb and away she went at the 12-14th strand as it should have. The bulb is just a tad big but I'll find Jordan a smaller one.

Upon shorting the entire coil the rpm's increase wildly. I shorted the coil in almost every connection and the rpm went up and the amp draw dropped just as expected. Thus far the most fun I had was watching the bulb light up at the 10-12th strand with no change in speed. This means I can make more connections, around 3 separate channels. Also I should add that at less than 1000 rpms the coil still generates and speeds up under the loaded condition with less than 50 strands. What I am learning is just how slow the multifilar coils can reduce the speed. This is important to me for Jordan's sake. This is a teaching aid and I want to be able to turn him loose with it without concerns.

Even with the giant bulb running on 25% of the winding I got 100ma at 52vac doing a last minute run. I am not sure on the 100ma come to think of it as a ran out of time and should have clamped it to see.

It is a bunch of fun to get success. I think that bulb needs 16-18watts to get full bright but that is not the point.

Had i down to a crawl around 6-700rpm and it still sped up under load of course at theses speeds the output is dramatically lower. This is what I expected so very exciting indeed. When the protective cover is done Jordan will begins recording his data and we will let you see. BTW the max volts out at full speed is 282vac
    Last edited by BroMikey; 04-26-2020, 10:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Bro,
    You asked about home remodel process and I said I would share the video I made for my boys. Haven’t even sent THEM the link yet. I have been too busy But here it is if you are interested.
    https://youtu.be/HFLJqBEunJ8
    Final rotor tweaks. Me progress

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Bro,
    You asked about home remodel process and I said I would share the video I made for my boys. Haven’t even sent THEM the link yet. I have been too busy But here it is if you are interested.
    Okay got it, BRB with a comment

Alright I'm back. Gino's Pizza dude you said you had a little remodeling to do on a house but what is really happening is you have a house that someone had before you without a brain in their heads so they made an attempt at building it. My God pipes hanging everywhere, rocks falling OUT of the walls, house drowning at the foundation due to landscape, couldn't get any worse unless if you had a gas explosion or fire. That place was a total Zhit on job by the fool before you got it.

Anyway what you are doing shows class. You are an amazing person to have come up with so many replacement, rebuilds, reconstructs, redo's and more. Deck good and walls are done right the way you have it going in.

Did you ever track down the drywall monster roaming around your property?
    Last edited by BroMikey; 04-25-2020, 10:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Bro,

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Coil mounted, worked all night to get it. Beauty like. Still finishing tweaks on the rotor magnets, holders, then spacing. Next is the safety cover. I measured the gap, it is 63-65 thousandths. Or say 1/16th inch. It's gonna be epic. It is fun having a pandemic, so I can get it done fast.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Years of research went into this generator, but it wasn't the ONLY path I was moving along. Several of those paths are parallel, but all of them had stumbling blocks in the way. Just for a moment, I will discuss another, VERY SIMILAR path towards building an efficient generator.
    First... how is electricity generated in the coil? A changing magnetic field causes the electricity, In the case of my generator, magnets on the spinning rotor affect the iron core of the coil, producing a change in magnetic flux in the core material, which causes the wires to generate. So why not just wrap the coil around a magnet? You would have flux, correct? Just no CHANGE in flux. you could move the magnets in and out from each other, but the cost of moving the magnets in and out would be too great compared to what you would produce. How about two coils wrapped on magnets that are secured in very close proximity to each other, so that they are affecting each other's magnetic field. Unless there is a disruption, you get no generation. So you spin an iron disk with slots in it that lets the magnetic core of one coil 'see" the magnetic core of the other coil at different points in rotation. That will do it. But it takes some energy to get that rotor up to speed and of course, DRAG to deal with. What polarity of the magnet would YOU put facing the rotor on each side? This is ONE way of changing flux. Another way is to coat sections of a PLASTIC rotor with a layer of something like Terfenol D powder mixed with epoxy, thick enough to disrupt the magnetic relationship between the two cores, causing the magnets in the cores to "see" each other sometimes, but be blocked at other times so the fields fluctuate. Terfenol D powder is expensive, but so are all the rotor magnets and opposition magnets required for my generator build. I haven't tried this particular magnetorestrictive powder myself, but Bob French has some on order and will be doing this EXACT experiment. I HAVE tried other variations of this idea using OTHER, less effective magnetorestrictive powders with limited success, so I look forward to Bob's experiment. There are MORE than one way to skin this cat.

Leave a comment:

• alexelectric
    replied
    Speeding up under load at 2800 RPM or less is NOT just dependent on number of strands on the coil and how many you put in series. The other variables are the length of the strands, the size of the wire, the number of magnets on your rotor as well as the STRENGTH of those magnets. Also the distance between the rotor magnet and the coils. Unless all these things are exactly the same as my machine, your results will be different.

Thank you Mr. Dave, yes, according to you, of course the results will be different, but within certain conditions the effect of repulsion must be taken as well as the construction of the coils, and also the magnets, dimensions, etc. .

I built a coil with two strands of 19 wire, with the dimensions I used in the bedini motors, I put thicker wire on it, I turned each row more or less it was 328 feet.

The two-wire series connection of the coil allowed me to have 130 volts, at about 2840 rpm, I fed an incandescent bulb, which consumed 0.55 amps. This consumption is the same that it gives me, if I connect it to the electrical network, the brightness was intense as its normal use, as well as its nominal operating consumption.

The coil accelerates when I put it under short circuit, but I could not find the acceleration speed under load, I hope I already have the speed control to be able to do more tests and find its acceleration under load.

I know that having fewer wires and their length, the capacitance is less, we will see what data the tests provide me.

Leave a comment:

• alexelectric
    replied
    Strongly agree with using the tip on the magnets to eliminate the magnetic lateral stop and take advantage of the repulsion from center to center of the magnet,
    Can the toast be the nu metal?

With bigger magnets I achieved the repulsion, and to reduce the magnetic drag, that I could move the generator shaft by hand, without the suppressor magnet I could not move it
    Last edited by alexelectric; 04-24-2020, 03:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Speeding up under load ............... Unless all these things are exactly the same as my machine, your results will be different.
    Originally posted by alexelectric View Post

What he says about the repulsor magnet to eliminate the magnetic drag nucleo-magnet, if in fact I also tried smaller magnets and could not be repulsed.

Thank you for your contributions.
    This is where I needed to experiment. Repulsion magnets the SAME size as rotor magnets might be weaker than the attraction side. USE SHIELDING. This will give you a way to ADJUST. It just depends. If you have 20 magnets on your rotor you will definitely need shielding. Of course smaller diameter magnets that are LONGER with shielding control could work also. EXPERIMENT. The goal is to balance out the forces to ZERO COG.

No cogging= lower drive amps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X