ReGenX Coils and ReGenXtra switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
    The rotor has twelve 1" x 1/2" thick neos on it. (Actually twelve on EACH side of the rotor) There are 12 coils. Each coil is made of 12 strands of #23, each strand 253 feet long. Four strands are connected in series (Three groups of four) so three parallel strands come off the coil. Right now the machine is only drawing 156 watts, but I DOUBT it will speed up under load, so probably not much output to speak of. He will be lucky to run two coils, and the RPM running on 11.5 volts won't be much.
    now I understand so much more. Before you had a hockey puck magnet machinesthat you were successful with having a loooog duty cycle meaning the time it took for a 2" disk to past over a 1" core. Also I believe the opposing magnets were easier to adjust for optimum. Now that you have this new beauty with a much heavier construction it stands to reason it would take a little more to operate. Operator costs are the costs power companies have written on our bill coming in the mail. This cost is only a few percent. Or we might say operator costs are the amount of input needed to rotate the rotor.

12 magnets that are 1/4th the area of the 2" disks might require more accurate tuning on the fly of counter magnets. But you had it down to 12amps with all the coils? I wonder. Or even 14amps. Those motors are very powerful and I won't even guess how much it should draw with all of the coils in place without the counter magnets. I we knew a relationship or comparison could be made from the old design before opposition magnets are introduced. Just trying to get you to remember those old numbers.

It is my understanding to 12 magnets tuning is more complicated than 5 magnet rotor tuning on the counter
    In my experiments shielding is required to get perfection. As we all know cores are not magnets and when they see the powerful attraction of a rotor magnet they pull together, lets say from 1" away very strongly. However on the opposite side the rotor magnet and counter magnet are seeing each other from 2" away

This condition will cause imbalance as you are aware of. So what you have done is to use small counter magnets, adjusting them on the fly. This means that you are trading off peripheral field with TDC strength to get repulsion equilibrium. That rotor is awesome.
    Last edited by BroMikey; 05-03-2020, 05:15 AM.

Comment

• I don't know where you saw my "hockey puck" rotor machine. I think I did one video of a rotor that was around 6", when I was trying to show that introducing a single coil would affect the amp draw of the motor and the rpm, but I was unsuccessful in that demo. My instruments weren't sensitive enough to show much of anything. I have been using nothing but a 10 1'2" rotor for years, and an even bigger rotor on my big machine.

so not sure what you mean by “new beauty.” Same basic rotor for last five years. Just different ways to try and mount the coils and hold opposition magnets.

With 12 coils in place and NO magnetic neutralization, the motor would pull over 100 amps on startup, and over 38 amps to turn the rotor. I show that in one of the videos I posted recently. You can hear me say that it "pegged" the 100 amp meter. In other videos I posted a while back, I show it pulling 38 amps with all the coils in place. I burnt up SEVERAL of the MY1020 motors because they are rated for (I believe) 26 or so amps. (Just checked...27.4 amps) Far less than I had to pull. Thats why I started researching magnetic neutralization in the first place. With a 12 magnet rotor, only 6 of the magnets are ever aligned to the coils. How many magnets you have on the rotor makes NO DIFFERENCE when working to NEUTRALIZE. What matters is how many COILS you have. With six coils on each side of the rotor, only 6 magnets can be aligned to coils at the same time, whether you have 6 magnets or 50 on the rotor. So six is all you have to neutralize AT ONE TIME.

You are CORRECT that the magnets attract steel differently than they repel other magnets. But what I am seeing, and what has already been discussed here (alexelectric post 326) is that there is a MAGNETIC assist of some kind going on with these "opposition magnets". It's almost like some half-assed "permanent magnet motor." If you remember, it was freaking Greyland OUT in one of the videos because the motor seemed to be a "runaway" so he refused to operate the machine without some of the coils in it because without them, it was going much faster than it should have for the voltage and amperage he was running it at.

I agree, that without shielding you cannot get perfect neutralization, but I will leave that to the guys who come after me and want to improve the design. All I wanted to do was show that you COULD neutralize the attraction of the rotor magnets to the iron core and cut the amp draw of the motor WAY DOWN. If I can get it below 12 or 13 amps, I will live with that. I was willing to "live" with 17. 12 amps x 24 volts is a machine that operates on 288 watts. Thats less than the output of TWO coils. I can live with that. It's also WAY LESS than the input I "claimed" was needed to run the machine. If you remember, I said 380-400 watts. So I'm happy.
      Last edited by Turion; 05-03-2020, 05:12 PM.
      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

....................... But what I am seeing,................... is a MAGNETIC assist of some kind going on with these "opposition magnets".......it was freaking Greyland OUT in one of the videos because the motor seemed to be a "runaway" so he refused to operate the machine

I agree, that without shielding you cannot get perfect neutralization,

So I'm happy.
        You have had more time to think about why than I have. So why do you think it is so free floating? You mean like a magnetic bearing?

BTW you sent me a full rotor and magnets of that old floppy rotor design that I call the hockey puck machine. Scary.

Comment

• I thought you meant SMALL like a hockey puck. Yeah, those first rotors were a bit scary because the magnets could come out. But if you put TWO of them together with a thin piece of plastic between that the magnets can attract to each other through, they work GREAT. No worries about the magnets coming out at all. Especially if you epoxy the back of them to that thin piece of plastic
          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• RUNAWAY ROTOR

So why is that?

Originally posted by Turion View Post
            I thought you meant SMALL like a hockey puck. Yeah, those first rotors were a bit scary because the magnets could come out. ....... No worries about the magnets coming out at all. Especially if you epoxy the back of them to that thin piece of plastic
            Originally posted by BroMikey View Post

You have had more time to think about why than I have. So why do you think it is so free floating? You mean like a magnetic bearing?

Comment

• Turion

You are CORRECT that the magnets attract steel differently than they repel other magnets. But what I am seeing, and what has already been discussed here (alexelectric post 326) is that there is a MAGNETIC assist of some kind going on with these "opposition magnets". It's almost like some half-assed "permanent magnet motor." If you remember, it was freaking Greyland OUT in one of the videos because the motor seemed to be a "runaway" so he refused to operate the machine without some of the coils in it because without them, it was going much faster than it should have for the voltage and amperage he was running it at.

That's correct there is an explanation (alexelectric post 326).

It has an N magnet rotor, facing an N magnet stator as if it were a magnet motor supported by its spin by the DC motor.

So simple that when I saw the configuration it was clear to me the repulsion motor and the CD motor.

In addition to the feature being used for neutralizing magnetic drag, it could be used for other projects.

We are following your progress, Mr. Dave.

Comment

• I finished my downstairs renovation at the old house yesterday, and took the day today to work on getting my shop and storage shed in some kind of order. Stuff has just been hauled down to my workbenches and piled a foot high for several weeks now. Once I clear some space I will be working on getting the 6-5 version of the generator back together. I still have lots to do over at the old house, but the pressure is off a bit, so I can work on some things here at the same time without upsetting my sweetie. That means the generator, and testing the ferrite cores I have been wanting to test.

Alex,
                We're seeing the same thing. The rotation of the rotor with the weight of 24 magnets on it out at the rim gives you some "flywheel" effect or action that partially negates the repulsion of the two magnets (rotor magnet and repulsion magnet) when they are coming into alignment and don't WANT to. Once they hit TDC and move slightly beyond, the repulsion effect actually gives some "motor" action as it pushes the rotor magnet away. Because the flywheel effect partially negated the repulsion on the front side, you get a gain on the repulsion on the back side. These two SHOULD have been equal, but the flywheel effect gives you the gain. You may not believe it. Your conditioning may discount it. But I know what we are seeing on the BENCH. And that is way more important than theory or what you were taught in school. Man couldn't fly. The math proved it. Until the Wright brothers did it. The BENCH is the final proof. That's why you HAVE TO BUILD this stuff instead off sitting on your butt spouting textbook crap and worn out theories. I am going to be putting my 6-5 machine black together with ferrite cores in the coils to test them for speed up under load. Once I have done that, I will be contacting Greyland to build a new 6-6 machine for the conference that addresses all the issues we have seen and takes advantage of all we have learned.

Stay tuned.

Comment

• Mr. BroMikey was scared?

So now we are talking about the 24 magnet design. That is very important to note
                  I doubt anyone can explain this. But this is why we experiment, I'll try to find a picture of the right rotor we are discussing, this will help to focus on what reaction is taking place. 12 magnets or 24 magnets will be significantly different.

Originally posted by alexelectric View Post
                  Greetings to all
                  Greetings Mr. Dave
                  Today, I am going to comment diligently, express my experience, all with respect, and I encourage you to continue building, if the debate happens, that it be positive, the dialog and the repetitive debate helps us to advance.

According to your comment:

You comment that there is a magnetic aid in the rotation, it is true, and very true, and this effect I had already mentioned, in the previous comments.

He comments that there is nobody with a construction of his generator, I remember again, If I built a simple replica, why I have not built the
                  of the largest rotor, 12 coils 24 magnets, is because I am first checking concepts, since I pass this first stage I will continue with another construction.

With the construction that I have made of the simple replica, it is enough for me to do the tests for now.

In the magnetic suppression if there is an extra help to the motor rotation, I have already commented on it, previously I will look for the links, and I commented on why it is important to add the effects that are being found in these tests, and leave a record of the contributor.

All these advances I have discovered thanks to your project Mr. Dave, your server and admirer for your perseverance, capacity, and your ingenuity to build prototypes that help us to generate energy. And you are also a great home builder as you have shown us in your videos.

Your comment:
                  there is actually some kind of magnetic assist to rotation. I don't know WHY, but that's the way it appears. Since nobody has replicated my machine there is no one but Greyland and I to SEE that or try to understand it, but that's ok.

It is clear why there is an extra help to the rotor with the magnets of the magnetic suppression drive, I will explain it again, when the suppressor magnets are in the position of their maximum repulsion aligned NN the repulsion is strong (already known condition, law of the poles) that gives an additional impulse to the rotation of the rotor, which helps to overcome the drag core-coil of the generator magnet, all good, there it and I have previously commented, inertia, repulsion give that impulse, inertia because it has to return to the point of entry of the magnetic stop of the NN magnets, well we do not give impulse to the rotor just that it passes a stop and that magnet repulse the return to the place where the magnetic stop must start it will stop it, nor the attraction of The core of the coil will not be enough to overcome this magnetic stop, now we give more momentum to the rotor than the magnetic stop will overcome and being in the NN position of repulsion will give an extra impulse to the rotation of the rotor, here we have that the repulsion of magnets, not only helps to eliminate magnet-core magnetic drag.

When the rotor is going to stop, it is between the suppressor magnets, with a pendulum swing, and it is because the rotor is between the pair of anterior magnets and the pair of posterior magnets, the rotor is not stopped at the core of the coil and its generator magnet, of course not, and if so, the repulsion is not working.

In the video where Mr. Greyland shows the rotation of the motor, where the coils are not installed, and rotates the generator with the motor, a high speed was observed that increased, which Mr. BroMikey was scared, when I saw That effect, comment that there was a magnetic motor, supported by a motor, which is in the rotor and stator, pure magnets in repulsion.

So from what I just discussed, the repulsion of the N-N magnets gives an extra boost to the rotor, is to say the repulsion not only suppresses the magnetic drag, but also gives an additional boost to the rotor. It is clear that N-N repulsion is the effect that gives us more momentum.

I have wondered well and if I put on a disk of repulsive magnets, would there be more impulse? We would already be building a hybrid, generator motor with support magnets to achieve more spin.

In the adjustment of the suppressor magnets, it must be very precise and not easy, as all the tests that Mr. Dave has shared have shown, if you leave something weak the adjustment of the magnets in the repulsion between magnets could not beat the core, the rotor will park or stop at the core, now if you bring the magnets closer for greater repulsion, you will have the problem of breaking or exceeding the magnetic stop between magnets, you have to make the optimal magnetic adjustment, all this I experience, If I am with a simple replica of the generated, it is a lot of work, improving the projects, also see the prototypes and examples of BroMikey, how much work and effort they dedicate to their projects.

In summary the N-N repulsion of the magnets gives the extra to the rotation of the rotor, this is the explanation, the forces that interact in repulsion.

Thanks to all who share and learn from them, thank you Mr. Dave, Thank you Mr. BroMikey, and the others who contribute their experience in this forum.
                  Last edited by BroMikey; 05-04-2020, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• 12 magnets on EACH SIDE OF THE ROTOR. That is the way I have been building for years now. The rotor magnets are in pairs. A magnet, a thin piece of the rotor plastic, and then a second magnet. The magnets attract each other through the thin piece of plastic so once you put them IN the rotor, they aren't going to come out. I have talked about this dozens of times in the videos I have made.

"Mr. BroMikey was scared" referred to the fact that when you commented on the video you were worried about how the machine was speeding up like crazy.

Comment

... It's also WAY LESS than the input I "claimed" was needed to run the machine. If you remember, I said 380-400 watts. So I'm happy.
                      Hi Turion,

Your claim was:

Originally posted by Turion
                      Just want to point out that my generator puts out between 1800-2000 watts while running on a STOCK electric motor that requires 240 watts input. ...
                      posted on 05-24-2018, 08:55 PM by Turion on the
                      Open discussion for projects on this forum
                      thread.

Originally posted by bistander View Post
                      Proof please
                      Originally posted by Turion
                      Just want to point out that my generator puts out between 1800-2000 watts while running on a STOCK electric motor that requires 240 watts input. ...
                      Please show us proof of this simple claim:

Input power = 240 watts

Output power = 1800 watts

Simultaneously measured, real power, DC amps * DC volts or AC watts.

Been waiting a long time to see this.

Thanks,

bi

Comment

• Turion's new rotor

trotor.jpg

Comment

• 48 magnets rotor I mean 24 magnet rotor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qP8...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by BroMikey; 05-04-2020, 04:47 AM.

Comment

• Okay I got is now. Why all the fuss about why it goes faster? No attraction and the repulsion field has to go somewhere. We don't need to write a book on why. No attraction, only repulsion and the repulsion field is energy that must go somewhere so it follows the rotation. This is why people put magnets on the outside ot their factory PMM's. They have been doing that for decades. You add more field energy and it follows the path of least resistance. Come on guys, think

Comment

• 24 magnet rotor also

trotor2.jpg

Comment

• Not sure which rotor it has can't see inside.

Last edited by BroMikey; 05-04-2020, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X