Clear All

Tesla Correspondence #106

Tesla Correspondence #107

New York, July 27th, 1899
    46 & 48 E. Houston Str.

Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
    Colorado Springs, Colo.

Dear Mr. Tesla:

Mr. Uhlman says it will be impossible to send the coherers off to-day. Some unexpected delay came up in fitting the glass tubes to the plugs of the coherers, and many of the tubes had to be made anew in order to make them fit properly.

The nickel wire has been drawn to 10/1000 inch and is being cut into small particules, 10/1000 inch long.

The Hammerschlag Company have not yet sent the wax-paper. They say this is their busy season and they are doing their best to make it as soon as possible.

The enclosed application blank was left by a representative of the Amsterdam Gas company who desire you to use their gas. All the other occupants of the building have made application, the gentleman says, but the gas cannot be put in, unless you use it also.

I enclose also the bill of the Edison Illuminating Co.

Respectfully,

Geo. Scherff
    Last edited by Michelinho; 01-04-2016, 08:38 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

Comment

Tesla Correspondence #108

Tesla Correspondence #108

New York, July 28th, 1899.
      46 & 48 E. Houston Str.

Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
      Colorado Springs, Colo.

Dear Mr. Tesla:

All the coherers and the nickel fillings are finished and will be expressed this evening. There are five grades of fillings, which Mr. Uhlman marked No. 1 to No. 5, the former number being the finest and the latter the coarsest. The chips of nickel and the nickel plated aluminum wire are also being sent along. Furthermore an empty spool, wax-paper cut to fit the same, a stand and two lamps for the oscillator and two books on astronomy are included in the shipment.

The work of the shop continue on finishing the second independent break and developping the pump of the first break.

I send inclosed a letter and two bills. The bill of the Hammerschlag Co. Is very high, but they said they did not carry the kind of paper wanted in stock and could not buy less than one ream.

Respectfully,

Geo. Scherff

Comment

Tesla Correspondence #109

Tesla Correspondence #109

New York, July 29th, 1899
        46 & 48 Houston Str.

Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
        Colorado Springs, Colo.

Dear Mr. Tesla:

Mr Uhlman reports that the work in the shop is on the commutator, bearing of armature and pump, and nickel and aluminum wire chips. He says another ____ for the one inch coherer will be sent Monday or Tuesday to replace the one that was slightly defective.

Mr. Uhlman also requests that you also lay out some more work for the shop. In the mean time, he says he will keep the men busy on the third break.

The enclosed letter and an inquiry about an ozone generator was the mail received to-day.

Your check for $___ for the laboratory expenses was received this morning. I send herewith a statement of the expenses for the past week.

Respectfully,

Geo. Scherff

Comment

Tesla Correspondence #110

Tesla Correspondence #110

New York, July 31rst, 1899.
          46 & 48 E. Houston Str.

Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
          Colorado Springs, Colo.

Dear Mr. Tesla:

The second independent break, Mr. Uhlman says, is now finished except the armature and commutator and a few minor details. In the absence of other orders he commenced work on a third break. The nickel and aluminum wire chips he expects to send off to-morrow.

The enclosed letter from Mr. Brown has just been received. I forward also two bills.

Respectfully,

Geo. Scherff

Done for today. Will try to do some more in the next few days up to #120.

Take care,

Michel

Comment

Thanks again Jeff and Michel!

I am very glad to see some are chipping in. A few more hands and we can get this thing done!

Ernst.

Comment

Tesla Correspondence #111

Tesla Correspondence #111

New York, August 1rst, 1899
              46 & 48 E. Houston Str.

Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
              Colorado Springs, Colo.

Dear Mr Tesla:

Your telegram to get two more clock-works like the very first ones, but with stronger shifts on the large wheel, and five (grades) of silver and bismuth filings, was received this afternoon. The silver and two clock-works have been procured immediately, and work on them will be begun at once; the bismuth we have not yet been able to obtain.

Mr. Uhlman surmised that the silver and bismuth fillings are to be mixed together, and he proposed to send, -each metal separate, of course six onces of silver and two and a half ounces of bismuth fillings, divided up into five grades. If this is not enough, he says, would (you) kindly telegraph.

The work of the (dr.) has been on the commutator, winding of the armature and casting of the third independent break.

The sending of the aluminum and nickel wire chips had to be delayed, because more nickel wire had to be gotten and is now being drawn. The quantity cut up does not appear sufficient to Mr. Uhlman.

The included bill was received to-day.

Respectfully,

Geo. Scherff

Comment

Tesla Correspondence #112

Tesla Correspondence #112

New York, August 2nd, 1899
                46 & 48 E. Houston Str.

Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
                Colorado Springs, Colo.

Dear Mr Tesla:

Mr. Uhlman ___________ in the shop is on silver and bismuth fillings, nickel wire chips, clockworks and casting of third independent break, winding of armature and developpement of pump. The work on the filings and clockworks is being pushed as rapidly as possible.

As the bismuth has proved cheaper than was anticipated, ( 20 cents an ounce) we should send the equal amount of it as of silver.

The included statement was received to-day.

Respectfully,

Geo. Scherff

Comment

Morgan 0005

13. Referring to your remark about the state of affairs
                  in England, the acceptance by the Post office of the Hertzian system
                  which, by the way, is of no practical value, since it does not per-
                  mit transmission to great distances and selective signalling,

Comment

would, if anything, help my inventions. But if the government
                    should adapt certain modifications, which are infringements on my
                    system, I ..................................... I have, however,
                    even ................. from England, France, or Belgium, that I shall have
                    no difficulty whatever to place ................... my apparatus

Yours very respectfully

Comment

Morgan 0006 handwritten

Dec 12 1900

How can I begin to thank you
                      in the name of my profession and
                      my own great generous man. My work
                      will proclaim loudly your name to the world!
                      You will soon see that not only am
                      I capable of appreciating deeply the
                      ______ of your action, but also of
                      ______ your _____________________
                      investment worth a hundred times the
                      sum you have _________at my disposal
                      ______________________________!
                      With ____ ____ wishes from all my heart
                      for your happiness and welfare beleive me
                      ever yours Most Respectfully N. Tesla
                      Last edited by Jeff Pearson; 01-05-2016, 11:22 PM. Reason: fix spelling

Comment

Morgan 0007

STATEMENT
                        Relative to the cash expended by Mr. Tesla in developing the in-
                        ventions to be introduced up to Jan. 1, 1901

According to bills on file:
                        To general _______, cost of patents and construction
                        of model machines to be manufactured $148,466.18

To wages of assistants $123,604.05

To work in Colorado $16,000.0

To interest acquired April 25, 1898 $158,500.0

To interest acquired Nov. 1, 1900 $56,029.27

Total amount of cash expended by Mr. Tesla $402,599.50

Comment

Morgan 0008

New York, February 15th. 1901

Nikola Tesla, ___.
                          46 East Houston St, New York
                          My dear Mr. Tesla:
                          I have enclosed draft of a letter which I think covers the arrange-
                          ment you talked of with Mr. Morgan. If you will write him such a letter
                          as this and send him at the same time assignments of the fifty-one per
                          cent interest in the various patents, he can confirm the understanding
                          by letter and that will complete the arrangement. I have shown this
                          to Mr. Morgan and he thinks it is allright.

Yours very truly, ______

Comment

Morgan 0009
                            New York, Feb. 18th, 1901

__Charles Steele
                            ______J.P. Morgan & co.,
                            23 Wall Street, N.Y. City

Dear Mr. Steele:
                            Upon receipt of your kind note of Feb 15th., with formal
                            letter to Mr. Morgan, confirmatory of our ___________
                            called on you last Saturday, but learned you were engaged.
                            I need scarcely say that I would sign any __________ up-
                            proved by Mr. Morgan, but I believe there exist a misunder-
                            standing in regard to my system of lighting, which was not included
                            in the original proposition.
                            I have been engaged in perfecting it since a number of
                            years and believe, that it will ______________________
                            The inclosed excerp from a _____ program which I have _____-
                            ___ give you ____ of this invention, while the appended
                            statement relative to the cash expenditures I have incurred, _____
                            ___ ___ ___, will ___ ___ ___ _____, with which you are
                            no doubt familiar, that ___ ___ ___ other things, capital to develop
                            ____ inventions. Of this ___ while it ___ been ___ for ___-
                            ___, knowing that the _____ be grateful to __________
                            it. I am well aware of its great commercial value, but __ sum,
                            however large, which I might obtain from other people, I would con-
                            sider ___ more than a ___, ___ ___ with the _____
                            _________ I would _______ associated with Mr. Mor-
                            gan _____ as soon as practicable, I shall show ___ ___ to him
                            _____ ____ on his ______.
                            Under inclosure ___ ___ my letter, in all respects
                            _____ as you have ____, with the exception of the ______
                            ___ ____, I hope, will be found just and agreeable to him.
                            Some of the patents concerned in our agreement _____
                            ____, in which, besides myself, Col. Antor is interested
                            and which I control. It will be necessary for me to comply with a
                            formality before making the assignments. I shall attend to this
                            matter at the earliest possible moment.
                            With assurance of my personal sympathy, which has been
                            kindled in our short conversation the other day, I remain,

Yours Sincerely

Incls. (Kindly return at your convenience.)

Comment

Tesla Correspondence #114

Tesla Correspondence #114

New York, August 4th, 1899
                              46 & 48 E. Houston Str.

Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
                              Colorado Springs, Colo.

Dear Mr Tesla:

The nickel and aluminum wire chips and silver filings -five grades- will be ready for shipment to-morrow, Mr. Uhlman says, and then the bismuth filings will be made. Work on the clock-mouvements is also progressing. Heavier springs are necessary and occasion additional strengthening of the parts bearing the strain of the springs.

The second independent break will be run to-morrow and the speed taken.

The work on the third break is on the castings.

The two enclosed bills were obtained at the Waldorf __ ______.

Respectfully,

Geo. Scherff

Comment

Tesla Correspondence #116

Tesla Correspondence #116

New York, August 6th, 1899
                                46 & 48 E. Houston Str.

Nikola Tesla, Esq.,
                                Colorado Springs, Colo.

Dear Mr Tesla:

Together with ______________ I am mailing five grades of bismuth filings, ____________ finished to-day.

All possible _________________ to complete the clockworks, and work on the third break is progressing rapidly, Mr. Uhlman says; also that the pump of the first break gives a very steady stream without splashing.

I enclose bill from Mr. Merckling.

Respectfully,

Geo. Scherff

Comment

Working...
                                X