Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    the olden days

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    All the previous machines except Black Beauty had all-thread for a rotor shaft, and I filed the threads off the ends to fit in bearings. Not exactly a "machined" or "professional" build. But it worked well enough for proof of concept. Lots of corners were cut to save money. Black Beauty was the first really professional build, and even now, I see an issue. Just running black beauty for the time I did, I saw wear on the shaft where the bearings sat. I think the shaft was spinning in the bearing rather than spinning the bearing. I may have to lock the shaft in somehow. The shaft is just cold rolled steel. Over time, that wear will be an issue. I will have to have a hardened steel shaft made. But it will last long enough for testing and demonstrations, and then I can put it on the shelf.

Got all the opposition magnets in yesterday. That is a process. I only have one blood blister from magnet pinches, and it isn't a bad one, so I feel lucky. I hope to get the rest of the machine assembled today. With any luck, I will.

The switch came in yesterday. The high voltage meters are supposed to be in tomorrow. I have pretty much everything except all the coils.

I have had some suggestions for looping this

1. You could use a transformer with a winding ratio of 2.5:1. This would give you an A/C voltage at 120V at whatever frequency the coils run at..You could hook up a 120V bulbs as load in that case.

2. You could rectify the output of the coil with a bridge rectifier and smoothing cap, then use a DC to DC step down converter

3. Convert to DC as in option 2. Then use a solar inverter (those can easily take 300V DC) and they will output 120V A/C at 60Hz. Solar converters typically are 90+% efficient these days. Then you can hook up a bulb or your motor power supply.

What I am looking at right now is taking the output of two coils, which is over 300 volts at 1.5 amps, connecting a bridge rectifier, and then connecting a PH300A280-28, which converts the high voltage DC to lower voltage DC (28 volts, which is almost EXACTLY what we need...adjustable between 11 and 36 volts) at 10 amps. Hopefully the 10 amps is enough to run the generator when all the adjustments for magnetic lock are made. All my fingers and toes are crossed.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...Q6OuCtnw%3D%3D
    The tdk/lambda is awesome, you will need a heat sink and a fan, check the bolt pattern heat sink paste

On the transformer idea?whatever freq is going into it also comes out same freq AC. A transformer design would be tiny, then rectify send to a cheap $10 controller

watch those phalanges
    Last edited by BroMikey; 10-22-2021, 09:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    My friends have been giving me data, and I have been doing the math based on that data. That was my first mistake. And I have been reporting it here. That was my second mistake. As it turns out, I should have verified that the voltages they were giving me were voltages under load rather than open circuit voltages as there is a BIG difference. I did not. I made an assumption. My mistake. Now it is a little late to get voltage under load data on the new coils as I have all of them here, and the coil tester is THERE. And it is a 12 magnet machine while the NEW machine is a 24 magnet machine.

Having said all that, I highly DOUBT that the output of two coils will be enough to power the motor. I won’t know until I get this thing up and running. This may mean that the total output of the machine is less than what I claimed. Then bistander will be right about total output. He will NOT be correct about Lenz free coils OR about magnetic neutralization or even right about what is possible to build, but there is a chance he is correct about TOTAL output for this specific machine being less than the 1800-2000 watts I claimed.

It will still probably be COP>6 or more but not as much as I thought. Those iron cores just put out way more power. My original measurements of those coils WAS under load, but they just get too hot. So my search for a core material goes on. The old machine with those iron core coils did exactly what I said it would do. This new machine with the new core material will probably not. Not enough output from these coils. But still OU.
    Last edited by Turion; 10-22-2021, 09:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    All the previous machines except Black Beauty had all-thread for a rotor shaft, and I filed the threads off the ends to fit in bearings. Not exactly a "machined" or "professional" build. But it worked well enough for proof of concept. Lots of corners were cut to save money. Black Beauty was the first really professional build, and even now, I see an issue. Just running black beauty for the time I did, I saw wear on the shaft where the bearings sat. I think the shaft was spinning in the bearing rather than spinning the bearing. I may have to lock the shaft in somehow. The shaft is just cold rolled steel. Over time, that wear will be an issue. I will have to have a hardened steel shaft made. But it will last long enough for testing and demonstrations, and then I can put it on the shelf.

Got all the opposition magnets in yesterday. That is a process. I only have one blood blister from magnet pinches, and it isn't a bad one, so I feel lucky. I hope to get the rest of the machine assembled today. With any luck, I will.

The switch came in yesterday. The high voltage meters are supposed to be in tomorrow. I have pretty much everything except all the coils.

I have had some suggestions for looping this

1. You could use a transformer with a winding ratio of 2.5:1. This would give you an A/C voltage at 120V at whatever frequency the coils run at..You could hook up a 120V bulbs as load in that case.

2. You could rectify the output of the coil with a bridge rectifier and smoothing cap, then use a DC to DC step down converter

3. Convert to DC as in option 2. Then use a solar inverter (those can easily take 300V DC) and they will output 120V A/C at 60Hz. Solar converters typically are 90+% efficient these days. Then you can hook up a bulb or your motor power supply.

What I am looking at right now is taking the output of two coils, which is over 300 volts at 1.5 amps, connecting a bridge rectifier, and then connecting a PH300A280-28, which converts the high voltage DC to lower voltage DC (28 volts, which is almost EXACTLY what we need...adjustable between 11 and 36 volts) at 10 amps. Hopefully the 10 amps is enough to run the generator when all the adjustments for magnetic lock are made. All my fingers and toes are crossed.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...Q6OuCtnw%3D%3D

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Good idea keep the 12 magnet for testing not the old 5 magnet or 2" six magnet all thread model.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    The original machine was 12 magnet N/S rotor. When we built Black Beauty we put 22 magnets in the rotor all N. It didn’t work, so we cut the rotor apart to get all the magnets out and the new machine has a 24 N/S magnet rotor. We are using the 12 magnet machine as a coil tester because we know that whatever results we get, they will be better on the NEW machine when it is all put together. Since it is finally raining here in my part of Northern California and I can’t work on my outside projects, I have time to work on my inside ones.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    I didn't get to Sacramento on Saturday to meet my friend, and he didn't get the testing done this morning as planned or bring me the stuff I need. A brand new baby has a way of seeming more important than THIS silly stuff. Not MY brand new baby, his. Anyway, he plans on testing in the morning and then running the stuff up to me, which is a three hour round trip for him. It pays to have friends. Then I will have video of the input and output running a simple two coil system that ANYONE should be able to replicate if they can fashion two coils, a 12 magnet rotor, and spin it with a small electric motor.
    Congrats to the young man. 12 magnet? 22 magnet? 24 magnet? You got more irons in the fire than carter has liver pills.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    I didn't get to Sacramento on Saturday to meet my friend, and he didn't get the testing done this morning as planned or bring me the stuff I need. A brand new baby has a way of seeming more important than THIS silly stuff. Not MY brand new baby, his. Anyway, he plans on testing in the morning and then running the stuff up to me, which is a three hour round trip for him. It pays to have friends. Then I will have video of the input and output running a simple two coil system that ANYONE should be able to replicate if they can fashion two coils, a 12 magnet rotor, and spin it with a small electric motor.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    You’re right. That will work. Ordered. Will arrive Tuesday. Gracias!
    That is what I am here for. I see circuits in my dreams. When I first began 40years ago I went to every library I could copied all the big books til I was occasionally stopped for copyright laws. So i would do half and come back tomorrow to do the other half. One thing i can tell you today about posted circuits is most are non functional and outdated by 30 years. All of the regular stuff operating today is censored off the web by China.

Try to fine one of the most commonly used engines today on the web, ICE and you will be forever finding anything that is clear. the web is broken Anyway, enough ranting, it is my pleasure.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    You’re right. That will work. Ordered. Will arrive Tuesday. Gracias!

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    The switch you showed is for flipping between like 12 volts and 24. I still have two of the ones that let you select between 12 volts, 24 volts or 36 volts, and I know exactly where they are, but if I recall when you switch from one to the other you add an additional battery in series. I don’t want additional, I want two separate sources outputting the same voltage. One being the power supply connected to the wall and the other being whatever I put together to convert the output of two coils to usable power. It will take me a couple days from tomorrow to get the machine together once I have all the parts and then I can work on making it self run while my friend works on putting cores in the last six coils I made. Even though I only need 4 more.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Yeah I think I remember that video where you start the rig up on a battery for 1 minute or less and then flip to converter, right? That is a 2 way double pole sort of like a stair case has Old Dave is getting help for the younger more energetic. Hope cement man's property sells.

https://www.amazon.com/Peissy-Change...jaz10cnVl&th=1

Last edited by BroMikey; 10-17-2021, 12:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    I wasn’t able to go to Sacramento today as planned. Life got in the way. BUT my friend there, who has the machine in his garage, said he will shoot a video in the morning. He gave me the only two coils that had “cured” and I was going to take those back to Sacramento to do the video. But he says he will have coils that are done by tomorrow and a couple that are still curing. He will shoot the video in the morning and then bring me all the stuff I was going to drive up there and get. It’s good to have friends.

That will give me everything I need except the 30 amp high voltage double pole double throw switch I loaned my machinist for this project before he had a stroke and his shop closed up. No one can find it and a replacement is 3 weeks out. Not ESSENTIAL, but it makes switching sources much more convenient.

Anyway, video tomorrow morning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X