X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    No pain so far, unless I move it, which I do not. I'm sure tomorrow when they set it will make up for it. Just hope no surgery is required!
    yeah but you got to wait over night with it out of wack and then they got to wack it back into place. pop pop. hands are a complicated piece of machinery.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    No pain so far, unless I move it, which I do not. I'm sure tomorrow when they set it will make up for it. Just hope no surgery is required!

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by turion View Post
    i think my guys my come out from sacramento on sat to help me get the motor mounted and get the coils put in and magnets adjusted. I have some little things i can get out of the way tomorrow if i get back from sacramento at a decent time.
    geez that is a bunch of great guys. So awesome to have people who love and care about you. What a thrill to hear this news, cept yer gonnabee howling in pain son
    Last edited by BroMikey; 01-14-2022, 05:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    I think my guys my come out from Sacramento on Sat to help me get the motor mounted and get the coils put in and magnets adjusted. I have some little things I can get out of the way tomorrow if I get back from Sacramento at a decent time.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Here is the big daddy pot $20 bucks and the SCR CONTROL IS ABOUT $20 BUCKS
    THIS 200K POT IS A 2WATT IN THE VIDEO HE SAYS $2 PARTS IN 2017 AND EVERYTHING IS HIGHER NOW

KBPC5010 IS A 50AMP RECTIFIER HE USES, I WOULD ADD CAPS TOO, IT WILL RUN SMOOTHER

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23312513341...gAAOSwXoJcXGf~
    Last edited by BroMikey; 01-14-2022, 12:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Edit: It’s broken. Have to go to orthopedic doc to have it set and cast.
    may be a day or two before I am back at it
    You think? poor Dave I'll bet that dog hurts. I have a regular power drill that locks the trigger sometimes right when it starts to get away from me drilling a Da-gonna aluminum hole. Slips out and slaps the back of my hand and got to hurry and find the plug

See you next week and do a video so you can wave with the other hand?To much work. She needs to put you on restriction Hey order the big 200k ohm pot with you other hand, see video above

Last edited by BroMikey; 01-14-2022, 12:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Got on similar on order. Will be here Sat.
    I am experiencing a delay. Was drilling new holes for motor mount as belt was too loose. Drill bit caught and flipped drill in a circle. Either broke or dislocated finger. At emergency room now waiting to get x-ray.

Edit: It’s broken. Waiting to have it set and get splint that goes all the way to elbow.
    Edit: They just put a splint on. Have to go to orthopedic doc to have it set and cast.
    may be a day or two before I am back at it
    Last edited by Turion; 01-13-2022, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    This controller is recommended on youtube for your motor 100-220vac input but this is for 60hz not gonna help you on ac 1100hz, wall plugs only, see video, your motor wants to run on 120vdc @ 3500 approx and to go down to 2800 rpm you will need to lower the voltage to 100vdc approx with adjuster. Or you can find out what the coil output rectified is then run an adjacent load to see what voltages are produced and then buy lots of pulley's to match speed

Otherwise order this and a 200K ohm pot for best fine tuning and power under loaded condition, see video above

AC 110-220V 10000W SCR Motor Speed Controller Volt Regulator Dimmer Thermostat

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15405991764...3ABFBM7pnsycpf

Last edited by BroMikey; 01-13-2022, 08:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Here is an honest report on cheap controllers, listen to the inefficient buzzing sounds as rpm's drop. He changed the pot out. The pot it comes with is a 470K ohm and he went to a 200K ohm

KBPC5010 IS A 50AMP RECTIFIER HE USES

Last edited by BroMikey; 01-14-2022, 12:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    How to: Build a DC Treadmill Motor Speed Controller for $20

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied

Description
    Rexroth, Indramat, Bosch DC Treadmill Motor in the PWM Motor Family Series. This Motor features a Voltage (DC) of 124 with a Current (Amps) of 18.3 and 2.5 H.P..
    PWM3636-5486-7 by Rexroth, Indramat, Bosch is DC Treadmill Motor in the PWM Motor Family Series. The motor has a Voltage (DC) of 124 with a Current (Amps) of 18.3. Additional specs include 2.5 H.P. and 3590 RPM.
    Revision Part #:
    PWM 3636 5486 7

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Take your time, it's time to have a real motor on it. Same thing Thane said when he said heck I'll just use a grinder motor. Start up amp draw is high especial during testing because I am constantly starting and stopping. That 36vdc X 27amps is just under 1000w and the big dog is 124vdc x 18amp = 2200w

To regulate speed if your coils are 135vdc you may need to have a dimmer

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Got all the mounting bolts tightened up today and everything still looks really, really good. Traded my MY1020 in on a 124 volt DC motor that MAY allow me to run off rectified output from the generator coils as I attempt to loop this thing. Need to finish up mounting the motor tomorrow. Only got to put in 1/2 a day today and likely the same tomorrow. I live in a world where there are other things I need to do besides try and make bi happy.

https://youtu.be/SsRttHO1FGU
    Last edited by Turion; 01-13-2022, 07:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X