X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post

It was the third one in that video that mattered.
    You cheated because the third one had no gap. You need to sand off the coating. Either way is pointless for a decent increase for your rig. The old rotor probably only has 85lb pull force and it works. A 1" dia would give you more duration as well as pull. The increases you are talking about are considered to be low for all those magnets you are piling up.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    "As more magnets are stacked together, the strength will increase until the length of the stack is equal to the diameter. After this point, any further magnets added will provide a negligible increase in strength.
    NO, he was wrong. My second experiment I took a video of I stacked 1/2” cube magnets. The length of ONE magnet is equal to the diameter because they are CUBES, and yet adding a second magnet, even with plastic between them, increased the strength.

In my first video I needed two magnets to have a cube, so I couldn’t be sure. It was the third one in that video that mattered.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Okay let me say this another way. A single 1" Dia by 1-1/2" long magnet @N52 = 155lb

But you cut this in half (that stupid gap) 77lbs each and with the gap might get 90lbs .

You lose 40% using the gap method

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    I just tried it with magnets that are 1/2” cubes. Adding a second cube with a piece of plastic DID still increase the reading, so that guy WAS wrong.

https://youtu.be/7ups7EDhCNk
    No he is right because you told us that he said and I quote "a 1" dia only half inch long can go up to 1" long" yet it does not double with a gap. To get a full doubling of gauss you must remove any gaps including the coatings magnets come with. ALL THESE References are centered around cost effectiveness as well as getting to strong fields you may need. Your big square magnets only gave you 60 extra gauss from 550-605 not double like you might expect. That is only a 10% increase

However the 75lb magnets do work but may still be under the max your cores can absorb plus you will need a new rotor anyway to safely place them.

Sand down the backs of your magnets and don't use a gap, then what is it?
    Last edited by BroMikey; 03-05-2022, 11:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    I just tried it with magnets that are 1/2” cubes. Adding a second cube with a piece of plastic DID still increase the reading, so that guy WAS wrong.

https://youtu.be/7ups7EDhCNk

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    These are awful small to begin with but the problem is if you go any bigger your neutralizing magnets might be to weak. I see what they mean about a longer magnet does not give double increase or even 1/4 stronger, more like 10% with the gap. $7.50 x 48 = $300
    https://www.magnet4less.com/n52-neod...are-earth-disc
    Last edited by BroMikey; 03-05-2022, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Just for fun I did the following experiment. I stuck a 1” by 1” by 1/2” magnet on a metal plate and measured the Teslas. Then I put a thin piece of plastic on it, added a second magnet of the same size, and measured again. Then I put a small magnet between two of the big magnets and measured a third time.

Adding the second magnet INCREASED my reading, which kinda disproves the statement I found on the internet about stacking magnets, even WITH the plastic “air gap”. Putting the smaller magnet in there DECREASED the reading significantly, probably enough to account for the voltage differences between the two machines. Since I did not use the EXACT same magnets as in the generator, and had one magnet stuck to a piece of steel so it wouldn’t “jump up and bite me” I can’t be positive, but chances are good I have found ONE reason the output of the two machines are different.

https://youtu.be/PqHpf1wR4jI

EDIT: Oops, he said it would increase until thickness = diameter. I need to add one more magnet and see what happens. After lunch of course!
    Last edited by Turion; 03-05-2022, 08:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    A gauss meter gives me all the info I need without doing a pull test. Want to build a machine that will run your house for sure and will probably get you killed sometime during its construction as well as bankrupting your family? Here are the magnets for YOU. 1,000 pounds pull force. They also have some that are 1,200 pounds pull force, but 1,000 is a nice round number.

https://www.magnet4less.com/strong-m...strial-magnets

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Magnetic pull force measurements

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Magnets are not very strong

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Magnet video's warning

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Remember that the existing 3/4 by 3/4 magnets have a pull strength of 57 lbs, and there are two of them back to back, but that does NOT double your pull strength. Per the internet:
    "As more magnets are stacked together, the strength will increase until the length of the stack is equal to the diameter. After this point, any further magnets added will provide a negligible increase in performance."

So current pull strength is about 57 lbs.
    The plan is build a new rotor, and put in 3/4 x 2 inch magnets that have a pull strength of 79 pounds or a 72% increase. This is the cheapest option. It lets me use EVERYTHING I have except spacers and current rotor and rotor magnets.

Or go with 1" diameter magnets by 2" that have 180 lbs of pull strength or 316% increase in pull strength. There are also some 3/4" diameter by 3" magnets and some 1" by 3"' magnets, but those are so dangerous I do not want to get NEAR them. And who needs 300 lbs of pull force anyway. I wouldn't even know where to begin to figure out the size of the cores to go along with magnets that strong to take advantage of all that flux, or how much wire to wind around it. Maybe a couple 11 lb. spools. Who wants to build THAT machine!!! $$$$$$$$
    Wow that is good stuff, I am learning fast DOC. It is your money but you don't want to go over 1- 1-1/4 "

Here is your picture of the day

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Remember that the existing 3/4 by 3/4 magnets have a pull strength of 57 lbs, and there are two of them back to back, but that does NOT double your pull strength. Per the internet:
    "As more magnets are stacked together, the strength will increase until the length of the stack is equal to the diameter. After this point, any further magnets added will provide a negligible increase in performance."

So current pull strength is about 57 lbs.
    The plan is build a new rotor, and put in 3/4 x 2 inch magnets that have a pull strength of 79 pounds or a 72% increase. This is the cheapest option. It lets me use EVERYTHING I have except spacers and current rotor and rotor magnets.

Or go with 1" diameter magnets by 2" that have 180 lbs of pull strength or 316% increase in pull strength. There are also some 3/4" diameter by 3" magnets and some 1" by 3"' magnets, but those are so dangerous I do not want to get NEAR them. And who needs 300 lbs of pull force anyway. I wouldn't even know where to begin to figure out the size of the cores to go along with magnets that strong to take advantage of all that flux, or how much wire to wind around it. Maybe a couple 11 lb. spools. Who wants to build THAT machine!!! $$$$$$$$

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied

The gauss reading on the new machine is not even 50% of what it is on the old one.

That is exciting news for your coils. Can't the rotor holes be enlarged? You found your answer, that's awesome Dave. I'll bet you were in shock.

Last edited by BroMikey; 03-04-2022, 11:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    I don’t have enough data to come to an informed conclusion, and really no way to get that data without disassembling a rotor or two. But here is what I know. The gauss reading on my old machine is FAR, FAR greater than on my new machine. On the old machine there are two 3/4 x 3/4 magnets stuck nearly back to back. A thin piece of the rotor about 1/32” thick separates them. On the new machine, there are also two 3/4 x 3/4 stuck nearly back to back but this time there is a 5/8 x 1/4” thick magnet between them. The gauss reading on the new machine is not even 50% of what it is on the old one. In both cases I stuck the same iron bolt on the rotor magnet and measured at the end of the bolt.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X