No announcement yet.

Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 watt lenz free motor crazy huge torque output. compare the 2, which one has more power? Same watts. https://www.ebay.com/itm/20247141344...Bk9SR6Ku5rfqYA

Last edited by BroMikey; 09-19-2022, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• 25w insane power
      Last edited by BroMikey; 09-19-2022, 04:10 AM.

Comment

• Cop=?

Comment

• Motor generator sync and self excited. I did this with a 1HP 120vac motor hooking it to a 2.5hp gas engine of which I run my saw-all way out back. Using 200uf oil filled caps and it works fine, not like the silly video but still he shows the principle.

The second video is about how to get 2 generators to work together

Last edited by BroMikey; 09-22-2022, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Remember I said ANY coil could be Lenz free at the correct frequency? And ANY coil could be Lenz free at ANY fixed speed if you know what you are doing?

To figure out the “speed up under load" also known as “resonance” CAPACITANCE for a FIXED speed of rotation, all you need is an LCR meter. It measures Inductance, Capacitance, and Resistance

Step 1. The frequency (F) is the RPM of the rotor x the number of magnets divided by 60 = Hz. The rpm MUST be constant in order for ANY of this to work.

Step 2. The inductance of the coil is measured in Henries and is the “L” on the LCR meter. Measure it

Step 3. Capacitance (C) is measured in Farads on the LCR meter. Measure it

Here is the link to a calculator that will give us what we need to know:

https://goodcalculators.com/resonant...cy-calculator/

Step 4. You have to enter TWO of the three values and it will give you the third. So enter the Frequency and Inductance.

It will solve for the capacitance. This is the TOTAL capacitance needed. Your coil is already providing SOME of that. So subtract the capacitance of your coil from the TOTAL capacitance needed. Add this "value" capacitor to your coil and see what happens to Lenz AT THE RPM YOU MEASURED in step 1

Simple. Wish I had this calculator ten years ago.

Edit: Remember, ANY coil configuration will work. Single strand, coils wound with multiple strands connected in series OR in parallel. It doesn't matter. You have all the tools you need. Resonance means the coil has NO SELF INDUCTION at that frequency. No self inductance means NO CEMF in motor coils. No self inductance means NO LENZ in generator coils. But ONLY at that frequency. Which is why I stuck with generators. Motors need to operate through a RANGE of frequencies. You can WAIT for the correct frequency before putting generator coils under load.
            Last edited by Turion; 09-23-2022, 09:15 AM.
            “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
            —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Good musing. So is that what you think Thane does with his small 5 amp coils? You probably need a little of each. In other words coil length can't be to short but a cap may save 30% of the length thereby giving more amps. Maybe caps can only do so much before they drift but as long as you are above the critical minimum the slight drift won't matter in trade for all those amps.

Comment

• I have no idea what Thane does. Not pretending I do. All I know is that both Bob French and I have put coils in resonance and eliminated self induction using this method. Self induction is responsible for Lenz, so it goes away.

What this SHOULD tell people about the generator I have built is that it is FANTASTIC for lighting up some light bulbs where the addition of the load doesn't change the capacitance of the coil much. 1,800-2,00 watts of light bulbs. No problem. BUT, when you try to run, say a MOTOR, where the motor windings are added to the CAPACITANCE of the coil, you are no longer at the resonant frequency, and the prime mover will either speed up or slow down in response to Lenz drag or Lenz assist, BOTH of which decrease the coil's efficiency as a generator coil. This is ONE of the reasons I have said my generator is obsolete. And yet I still pour money down that rat hole because people need to see and understand that what I have been saying all along is true.

I believe the FUTURE of mechanical generator construction would be closed loop resonant coils that can be energized by a rotor traveling at a fixed speed where Lenz can be controlled. And power pulled out of the system through a TRANSFORMER action involving a SECOND coil that is either inductively coupled or in resonance with the generator coil. Just the road I am traveling at THIS time for mechanical generation of power.

Consequently, I have come to understand the importance of transformers, and that the primary can be pulsed with DC to simulate AC as Matt showed in the USE FOR THE TESLA SWITCH thread, and MUCH of the DC can be recovered as well as the coil collapse collected by running between the positives, allowing you to "break even" on your input, while "gaining" whatever is output from the transformer secondary.

These are the two areas I am concentrating on.

Bob French is concentrating on working with coils in resonance, which gives you voltage but no amps, and pulling in amps from the ground side, which is the Don Smith stuff. All these things overlap and what you learn from one assist with the other. It is research, and it involves hundreds, even thousands of hours of failures. Especially when there are only a couple people building anything new.

The issues with keeping the coil in resonance applies not only to GENERATOR coils, but to motor coils, which is why I wonder how Thane is able to do it. The minute you speed up or slow down the motor (frequency) the least little bit, you change the resonant frequency, and Lenz appears. If frequency is changed you must then change either capacitance or inductance to compensate if you don't want Lenz rearing it's ugly head. Or possibly both. This is why I left motors alone. I can see how a motor can be Lenz free or even give you a Lenz assist at a particular (frequency) speed, but you CAN'T run a motorcycle at the same speed constantly. Too complicated for me! Thane can have it!
                “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                  I have no idea what Thane does.. I can see how a motor can be Lenz free or even give you a Lenz assist at a particular (frequency) speed, but you CAN'T run a motorcycle at the same speed constantly. Too complicated for me! Thane can have it!
                  3 things. When Thane talks building his system into a motorbike's wheel he is talking a planetary gear that keeps the rpm's up there past the critical minimum. All your hub motors have gearing.

Then you have capacitor banks to balance out varying loads like the wind farms use.

Then there is the microprocessor

All of these ideas and more would require hundreds of people to implement just like any factory and Thane can see all the way to end, but he can't do it alone.

Last edited by BroMikey; 09-24-2022, 02:56 AM.

Comment

• These have transmissions as part of the planetary gear reduction systems, including automatic clutching. This is needed for all motors as they need to run in a narrow band of RPM's to maintain sufficient torque perimeters.

Last edited by BroMikey; 09-24-2022, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• https://www.alibaba.com/pla/SiAECOSY...15&language=en

Aliexpress hub motors are cheap

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...andl_shipto=US

Comment

• Here is a cool picture showing the number of rotor magnets during general maintenance

40 magnets?

Comment

• this is how long electric cars have had hub motors since 1884

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_...er_Porsche.jpg

Last edited by BroMikey; 09-27-2022, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Fuel less T switch mechanical switching motor

Last edited by BroMikey; 09-29-2022, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• https://mindoftesla.com/products/all...pr_seq=uniform
                              Under the main picture of the device are smaller pictures. (If you are on a phone you will have to scroll to the right using the arrows that show up) and ONE of the pictures has a "play" arrow on it. This turns the main picture into a video of the device running.

I would say that when you give it a spin and it starts up, it will probably run for a while, but it is no free energy device. Nice toy and experimental model though.
                              Last edited by Turion; 10-05-2022, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                                Nice toy and experimental model though.

Comment

Working...
                                X