No announcement yet.

Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops. Posted it, set as private, posted your email addresses as approved. But didn't hit the "save" button. Too much going on right now at my place. Have a dog with dementia. Goes in circles and cries until you come get him and hold him. My shift is from 8:PM until 5:00AM, and then when I wake up about at about 8AM, I relieve my wife so she can work for a living. So about three hours of sleep a night, plus cat naps during the day, between projects.
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
      Oops. Posted it, set as private, posted your email addresses as approved. But didn't hit the "save" button. Too much going on right now at my place. Have a dog with dementia. Goes in circles and cries until you come get him and hold him. My shift is from 8:PM until 5:00AM, and then when I wake up about at about 8AM, I relieve my wife so she can work for a living. So about three hours of sleep a night, plus cat naps during the day, between projects.
      Awe poor doggy. Don't wreck your health, where does it end?

I had fun sharpening my straw mulcher. Makin strawcrete soon and you thought you were a cement man

Comment

• I sent you both an email with a link. It should be working. I sent one to my son also and he just watched the video.
        “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

I sent you both an email with a link. It should be working. I sent one to my son also and he just watched the video.
          Yes that is great. Have not got a clue, but I will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flR_v0XOC_U

Comment

• Lithium-ion batteries can store up to 180Wh per kilogram, while graphene can store up to 1,000Wh per kilogram, making it a much more space-efficient store of energy. The addition of graphene by nano-technology to lithium ion is used to improve the charge performance, energy capacity, rate capacity, power density and stability of batteries because of its high surface area ratio, stable chemical properties, and fine electrical and thermal conductivity. A graphene lithium hybrid battery is not only safer, but it can also provide a much longer range on a single charge with a smaller, lighter battery. As graphene-lithium batteries have improved energy density by 250% that means 2.5 times more energy per weight, than typical 18650 Lithium-ion cells. The new battery cells are claimed to deliver far more power density than current lithium-ion batteries, without the cooling, heating or rare-earth problems they face.

https://www.amazon.com/Graphene-Batt...450094570&th=1

https://campaign.aliexpress.com/wow/..._id=1083300108

These are not your grandpa's batteries, and I have no idea if they will work in the systems and schematics I am working with. Gonna find out though.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/graphene-h...wered-vehicles
            Last edited by Turion; 08-11-2022, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• aliexpress is great I have had an account for 7 years

4.20V----100%
              3.95V----75%
              3.85V----50%
              3.73V----25%
              3.50V----5%
              2.75V----0%

Comment

I sent you both an email with a link. It should be working. I sent one to my son also and he just watched the video.
                Yes very sorry to hear about your family pet. Hoping all will be ok.

The link is still private.

Those new graphene batteries look promising, but not for me at this time. Still have many lithium ions just sitting on my shop desk that I need to put to use.

Comment

• Watt hour count changing with activation. From a slow charge to a fast charge changes the WH value as well as what number the charging is stopped. In this case it took 49 WH to charge this battery that only gave me 36 WH for the first out of the box run. I also noticed that if I charge the pack on a long slow over night crawl, the amps climb up slightly on their own For instance I set the level at 90ma and generally as the voltage goes up the milliamps drop back but that is at the end of a charging cycle. Slow charging from the start causes the charger to go from 90ma (which is 30ma per battery) to 160ma with the voltage going up only a few points in many hours.

I need to know how many WH are in these batteries before experimenting can begin. First run WH count from 12.2v to 10.4v=36WH. The second run is in progress (see video)

Comment

• Sorry to be a pain in The arse Turion but for some reason the YouTube video is still private. Must be good for tptb are causing us problems.

Comment

• Yeah, I found out the hard way that YouTube lets you set a video as private and list the email addresses of people who can view it, but ONLY if that email address is tied to an existing YouTube account. My son has 3 email addresses and only the one he never uses, which is tied to his YouTube account, would allow him to view it. Sorry about that. Don't want to make it public, and I have seen my "unlisted" videos popping up on other YouTube channels completely out of context because someone I sent a link to chose to copy and post it. We're in the same time zone, so if you email me a time today or tomorrow you want to watch it, I will list it as "unlisted' for an hour so you can watch it, and then set it as private again. SInce you have the link already, it should work.
                      Last edited by Turion; 08-12-2022, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• I do have an YouTube account called skyflight1able. But I'm ok for right now if you want to. I usually hit the hay around 10 to 10:30 which is 7 to 7:30 your time.

Comment

• Try now. Should work

Comment

• Ok. Watched it and see what you're doing but not how with four droks, one source battery and one charging while lighting 50 watts in bulbs. Oh and the copper pipes as connectors for positive and negative.

Ok. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Ps. Just kind of fried working outside today. Will make sense to me in the morning. Lol and have good night.
                            Last edited by wantomake; 08-12-2022, 02:14 AM.

Comment

• Good morning to All!!
                              Hope to get back in the shop today with lower temps and free time.

Will put together some 18650 lithium packs to run in different configurations. The 3BGS, and 4 switch battery experiments. Turion has posted another schematic here but not sure of that one. Plus the private video of which there's no setup schematic, but up to Turion on that. You've been busy but yet still share with us here.

Comment

• My 6 lithium batteries came in yesterday. I got all of my boost modules up and running (some had blown fuses) and got two more Drok Buck modules today. I put together a new light board that will hold fourteen 10 watt 12 volt bulbs, so tomorrow I will go to town and pick up some bulbs for it. Will also pick up some 25 watt bulbs as I want to see how many watts I can actually push once I get this running in both directions instead of just one. I need to get some more fuses too, just in case. Lots to do before I have it up and running, but I'll get there soon, now that I don't have to MESS with that generator.

Comment

Working...
                                X