Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OrionLightShip View Post

Good Find Mikey! I read this same article researching the coil I needed to build. I forgot the number and thought it was .68 times radius.

Any way, I find this whole forum to be still empty and somewhat angry and that is not me or certainly not who I want to be so I'm outa here again.

Good Luck to all.

Orion
    Thx Orion

can you post a link to your youtube work? I enjoy your experiments

Comment

• THIS SCHEMATIC IS DRAWN FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY. HIGH VOLTAGE DC CAN KILL YOU
      YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT SEND HIGH VOLTAGE THROUGH A SMALL LOAD BACK TO THE CHARGE BATTERY.

To go to the next level you need a high voltage source of DC, because you can’t recover AC, only DC. But you also need a buck so you don't hit your charge battery with too high a voltage. So you could run an inverter off a battery and put a bridge rectifier on it or use:

https://www.amazon.com/DEVMO-45-390V...356343486&th=1

You will get higher voltage out of the boost than you will an inverter and a bridge. The question, as Orion put so delicately, is what will you DO with this high voltage output. What can you put it THROUGH (so that you recover some) that will "create" energy, and what do you put THAT energy INTO. You aren't really creating energy after all, you are pulling it IN from the environment. How do you collect it. How do you store it. How do you maintain a potential difference with voltage this high and not KILL yourself. This is definitely not a MOTOR, and it is definitely NOT your standard GENERATOR, so maybe this isn't the thread for this discussion.

Also, I found out Bob had a two watt load across battery 3 as well as running a 10 watt bulb. He is still working to balance the system so that none of the batteries go down at all. I don’t have any lithium batteries to put a system together, but have some on order. Should be here in a couple days. I also ordered two of those boots modules and am trying to get a step down from 1,000V DC to 24V DC converter. Found one but had to email them to see how to buy it. Couldn’t just order it and pay for it. I have been working with 120 volts and am ready to move up a level.

BFB44EE9-C25B-4591-807D-84EC7907DBE7.jpeg
      Last edited by Turion; 08-03-2022, 10:48 PM.
      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
        THIS SCHEMATIC IS DRAWN FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY. HIGH VOLTAGE DC CAN KILL YOU
        YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT SEND HIGH VOLTAGE THROUGH A SMALL LOAD BACK TO THE CHARGE BATTERY.

To go to the next level you need a high voltage source of DC, because you can’t recover AC, only DC. But you also need a buck so you don't hit your charge battery with too high a voltage. So you could run an inverter off a battery and put a bridge rectifier on it or use:

https://www.amazon.com/DEVMO-45-390V...356343486&th=1

You will get higher voltage out of the boost than you will an inverter and a bridge. The question, as Orion put so delicately, is what will you DO with this high voltage output. What can you put it THROUGH (so that you recover some) that will "create" energy, and what do you put THAT energy INTO. You aren't really creating energy after all, you are pulling it IN from the environment. How do you collect it. How do you store it. How do you maintain a potential difference with voltage this high and not KILL yourself. This is definitely not a MOTOR, and it is definitely NOT your standard GENERATOR, so maybe this isn't the thread for this discussion.

Also, I found out Bob had a two watt load across battery 3 as well as running a 10 watt bulb. He is still working to balance the system so that none of the batteries go down at all. I don’t have any lithium batteries to put a system together, but have some on order. Should be here in a couple days. I also ordered two of those boots modules and am trying to get a step down from 1,000V DC to 24V DC converter. Found one but had to email them to see how to buy it. Couldn’t just order it and pay for it. I have been working with 120 volts and am ready to move up a level.

BFB44EE9-C25B-4591-807D-84EC7907DBE7.jpeg
        New test past 7wh now so my batteries are discharging now.

Comment

• I find it humorous that bistander has dumped all over the 3 Battery System for YEARS, but now that you are posting data, he has nothing to say. Wonder why?

oh, wait, he said he doesn’t need to build it because he knows everything about it. LOL
          Last edited by Turion; 08-04-2022, 12:34 AM.
          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
          —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post

Thx Orion

can you post a link to your youtube work? I enjoy your experiments
            I don't have a youtube channel and I don't have any reason to share my work. 3BGS is outdated tech....good to use as proof but not very practical. There is a well known method of balancing a resistive load to make it work but people haven't done the research to find it. If you did finally figure it out and get 20 watts or more you could boil water and save the planet.....hahahaha. If you provide clean water and food you just increase the world population. No thanks.

The only way I can keep from being mean and rude to people here is to leave and stay gone like last time.

Not one person on this forum gives a crap about what I know because everyone has their own agenda. Perfectly normal. Working together is the hard thing no one gets. Not the society I vote for.

I've tried to make friends here but wasted effort.

I may choose to post in my thread or delete it but I'll never post in your thread again...nothing personal....just done with back and forth crap here and with Bi.

The only reason I am posting this is to say I wish Matthew Jones was here to banter with and I hope he reads this and opens his PM to send me his email.

Like I said..... Good Luck to All

Orion

Comment

• Originally posted by OrionLightShip View Post

I don't have a youtube channel

Not one person on this forum gives a crap about what I know wish Matthew Jones was here to banter with and I hope he reads this and opens his PM to send me his email.

Like I said..... Good Luck to All

Orion
              I was fun while it lasted see you in another 5 years? Or you could post an experiment that helps others to find the extra. Generally people who can get the extra want to share it. But not you? It's okay, whatever you want, I just thought you were back with a perfect system. My mistake.

Comment

• Well it's official, my spot welder stopped working after 1 year 4 months!! Sent an email but we all know that's a waste of email time. Amazon sells crappy stuff but the parts for the lithium stacks has been ok.

Turion, Jehu Garcia lives in LA area and has some 18650 deals time to time. I've bought all my pcb setup from him. BMS I buy from other sources.

Thanks Orion. I don't know you much but thanks.
                ​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post

New test past 7wh now so my batteries are discharging now.

BroMikey,
                  Good video and experiment!!! I'll post more later, the wife just came in with coffee and conversation!!! Love it keep it up!!!

Comment

• I sent an email to the email address for technical support inside the spot welder and they responded to short out two small places to wake up the MCU. It worked and I'm back to welding the tin strips onto the brick.

BTW the rest of the words next to technical support address was " do not open case". lol!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                      I sent an email to the email address for technical support inside the spot welder and they responded to short out two small places to wake up the MCU. It worked and I'm back to welding the tin strips onto the brick.

BTW the rest of the words next to technical support address was " do not open case". lol!!!
                      That is funny but great you got it. Mine are due in Tuesday with the roll of strips.

I did a baseling test on 2 batteries were good but the 3 rd only gave me 2wh. Two batteries blew out yesterday and stopped the process at 40WH burned and the two good packs straight to the converter yielded 33WH

Baseling test failure throws off all of my tests. The batteries began popping the second day and the 3rd day. Too bad. Getting new batteries welded up will be great. I have a spot welder out of a MOT.

Last edited by BroMikey; 08-05-2022, 04:50 AM.

Comment

• Got the brick strips all spot welded in place. Measured first 3s 8p and got 12.4 volts ok. Used Kapton high temperature tape on both sides to protect the tape and strips which will get caught on things or shorted out.

Will weld the 5 BMS on tomorrow. Have a piece of 1\16 inch plexiglass to hot glue onto side of brick that holds the BMS's in place.

​​​​​​No comments about any of this, but just in case it's useful I'll post it.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                          Got the brick strips all spot welded in place. Measured first 3s 8p and got 12.4 volts ok. Used Kapton high temperature tape on both sides to protect the tape and strips which will get caught on things or shorted out.

Will weld the 5 BMS on tomorrow. Have a piece of 1\16 inch plexiglass to hot glue onto side of brick that holds the BMS's in place.

​​​​​​No comments about any of this, but just in case it's useful I'll post it.

​​​​​​
                          BMS battery management systems

Comment

• I am short on lithium batteries so I pulled out my good alum battery, works great. I am able now to load it to 140ma

Anyway staying at it zapping batts. Will post some pictures in a minute showing the increased loading as this alum battery is reactivated. I can run all night.

Comment

• If anyone had any question about the idling power consumed, here it is at about 1 watt or .8watt and the other picture is the alum cap batt running at a higher load value after running it a few hours.

Comment

• Alum Cap Battery gets pole position after a 6 hr charge up. It is powering the system. There is a bunch of energy trapped in that battery. There is a lot to be said about pulse charging flooded Alum Batteries.

Comment

Working...
                                X