Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
    Hey wanto it is a 10" saw blade with 20 1/2 by 1" magnets and it ran on 1 coil off the generator burning out. This tiny mtr just doesn't have enough to run 2 amps better stay at 5-6"
    I originally ran my generator 10 1/2” rotor with 24 3/4” magnets and two coils in place with this tiny motor. I had to spin the rotor by hand to start it up or the amp draw would eat the motor up. Burned up several before I figured it out. Then went to the MY1020. Still using that one. NONE of these small motors are meant to handle the start up amps required to get a rotor spinning, especially if you have more than one or two coils.

“Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post

I originally ran my generator 10 1/2” rotor with 24 3/4” magnets and two coils
      When you hooked it up right to a conventional motor what voltage did it produce with no shielding? Must have been pretty bad.

That is 24 magnets with less than 1/2" spaces inbetween with no shield.
      Last edited by BroMikey; 07-23-2022, 09:00 PM.

Comment

I originally ran my generator 10 1/2” rotor with 24 3/4” magnets and two coils

Interestingly, the 20 magnet rotor was showing a coil output of 96 volts (new coils) from a coil PAIR. which is two coils in parallel. That 96 volts would be roughly 75%, so not out of line with my testing (except I had 20 magnets on the rotor,

So I replaced the 300 watt bulb with a 100 watt bulb connected directly to the coil. But only ONE coil because I didn't want to risk blowing the bulb. The bulb lit up and it measured 34 volts across the bulb, and 75 volts across the unloaded coil. I expected it to measure 150 across the unloaded coil since that is what I got across the TWO coils in parallel yesterday, unloaded. So I connected the second coil to the load, screwed the bulb in, and it lit up. I measured 64 volts across the load. This is FAR less than we got using the SAME coil on the old clunker with only 12 magnets instead of the 24 the new rotor has, so I am at a loss. I called my guys who did the testing on all the coils and they confirmed that they were getting over 300 volts open voltage from these coils on the old machine at 2800 RPM and over 120 volts across the load. He was at work, so is going to check his notes when he gets home at 5:00 and call me back. Output IS what it IS unless something is wrong with BOTH the coils

So my partner in Sacramento tested the output of the two coils both loaded and unloaded. Unloaded they put out around 300 volts, but loaded, one coil put out 85 volts (2820 RPM) and the other one put out about 90 volts (2835 RPM) at about .6 amps each. There was about a 15 RPM difference between what he ran the two coils at, so that could account for the difference in volts out.

So even with twice the magnets on the rotor at around the same RPM (he ran at 2820-2835 and I was running at 2800) I am only getting 6 volts MORE. Around 96 volts...IF my coils are all the way in now, and I am beginning to believe they ARE.

WHY he told me these coils would put out around 120 volts, I will never know, but obviously they do NOT. Maybe it was just the test equipment he was using at the time. Right now we are using the same meters and same RPM gauge so there is no disparity. What there IS appears to be DISAPPOINTING results.

If I remember correctly the old coils were not only putting out voltage, they were putting out amps (1.5a)each. The new coils are reduced to .5amps? each. That is far less than 74%

96v X .2- .5 is 48 watts while the old coils were 130v X 1.5a = 195w that is just a tiny ou? maybe, break even.
        Last edited by BroMikey; 07-23-2022, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• It’s out of my hands now. I gave it to those guys to finish up. I have too many other things I need to work on.

The Matt motor allowed you to charge a coil and discharge it (SPIKE) in the direction of least resistance (charge battery)

Here is a simple way to discharge a coil through a spark gap using a magnet and a set of auto points. Gave 10 coils, use 10 points. One timing rotor set to the correct rpm.

https://youtu.be/lyqIeZ6MP5o
          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

It’s out of my hands now. I gave it to those guys to finish up. I have too many other things I need to work on.

So you gave up on your big machine more magnets and other core material blew your mind.

Bye is going to say he has been right all along. To much cement work to be able to finish the project before conference. And you called Bye a coward 5 years plus
            Last edited by BroMikey; 07-23-2022, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• No. They are finishing up and getting it in to be tested, like I said. I get to work on other things now, which is what I wanted, so everyone is happy.
              Last edited by Turion; 07-23-2022, 11:49 PM.

Comment

No. They are finishing up and getting it in to be tested, like I said. I get to work on other things now, which is what I wanted, so everyone is happy.
                Oh Okay, for a minute I thought it was open season for BYE. So who is going to show the box if it ever gets up and running?

Thane is back after 5 months, I know you don't are but Thane shows 67vdc and 5.5amps going back to the bike batteries using 3 coils, while screaming the motor and drive train including the back wheels. All done at 3500rpm range with a small coil due to having the right core. 24 magnets 1" dia

Last edited by BroMikey; 07-24-2022, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• “If we worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true really is true, then there would be little hope for innovation or human advance.” ~ Wright Brothers.

74.9v at 5.3amps recharge while driving

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post

Oh Okay, for a minute I thought it was open season for BYE. So who is going to show the box if it ever gets up and running?

Thane is back after 5 months, I know you don't are but Thane shows 67vdc and 5.5amps going back to the bike batteries using 3 coils, while screaming the motor and drive train including the back wheels. All done at 3500rpm range with a small coil due to having the right core. 24 magnets 1" dia

What do you mean by "small coil"? smaller than the 3 1/2 x 3" coil bobbin? Because those numbers are not out of line for THREE coils the size I am using with a rotor that has that many magnets on it.

Comment

What do you mean by "small coil"? smaller than the 3 1/2 x 3" coil bobbin? Because those numbers are not out of line for THREE coils the size I am using with a rotor that has that many magnets on it.
                      that is a 1" gap so what do you think? Says it currently produces 2 amp but max is 5amps per coil.

not two coils like yours, 1/3 mass
                      What is that 75v X 2A = 150watts max 375w https://youtu.be/zU2Mh3Q184M?t=49

Last edited by BroMikey; 07-24-2022, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• First you say THREE SMALL coils producing 67 volts and 5.5 amps which would be 368 watts from THREE COILS at 3500 rpm. using twenty four 1" magnets.

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
                        Thane shows 67vdc and 5.5amps going back to the bike batteries using 3 coils, while screaming the motor and drive train including the back wheels. All done at 3500rpm range with a small coil due to having the right core. 24 magnets 1" dia

Then you say ONE coil produces 2-5 amps at 75 volts. Which would be 150 to 375 watts (at 5 amps) from ONE COIL

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
                        Says it currently produces 2 amp but max is 5amps per coil.

not two coils like yours, 1/3 mass
                        What is that 75v X 2A = 150watts max 375w

In the second quote you say one coil will produce 375 watts, which means THREE coils should produce 1,125 watts, yet you say in the first quote that three coils produces 368 watts. So the 'MOTOR" is consuming 757 watts. The thing is, if Thane has 3 coils that will output 1,125 watts, why not build a 12 coil generator and forget about the motor idea? That's a 4500 watt generator. He could market that in a heartbeat and not go through all the nonsense he has gone through for the last ten years.

Comment

• I don't think he has had it refined to this degree for long, certainly not 10 years. So do you think he is a con? Is that why you put it that way? I guess he could be a scammer.

I have quoted Thane 2amps per coil approx value running on the bike in this case or now as you watch but each can max higher under other load conditions

To answer your other question I would not immediately toss him in the pile of con-artist till I checked the red tape in Canada

They wouldn't have him at the conference so maybe his rig is to good to be true. Sav might be doing that or the QEG build or Stan M or EV Grey and the list goes on. Stall in court, big money promises from oil rich money dogs sent to put a lid on it.

Comment

• I make no judgement about anyone until I have replicated or at least TRIED to replicate their stuff. I know at least SOME of what he says is true. I also know he has a proprietary core material that he is using that is under an NDA, because of folks I know.

Comment

I make no judgement about anyone until I have replicated or at least TRIED to replicate their stuff. I know at least SOME of what he says is true. I also know he has a proprietary core material that he is using that is under an NDA, because of folks I know.
                              Every OU transformer has had to get away from iron laminates. Core material is one of the most important components on the practical side after principles. Whether static or rotating it is a transformer.

Many companies openly display their mix recipe. What we are looking for is a mix for not just a transformer but a power transformer. In the 90s I was told I could sign an NDA so I could see the right mix number for the next Gen switch mode pass transformers. A couple of years later it was common knowledge. If that person is under an NDA it is not just for one detail of the design, it's all of it. There is nothing extraordinary about his cores
                              Last edited by BroMikey; 07-24-2022, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Good Sunday morning to All,
                                It's been a stay in the house weekend while this heat wave is in this area. Was 100+ with the humidity yesterday.

I want to get back to running some simple test with the Matt motor setup. Really want to connect the inverter up to a capacitor and see how many watts can be pulled from either the source side or charge side. Turion I remember you said to pull from which side. I'll go back and look to be sure. Sorry I do forget details sometimes. Lol!

Looking forward to a cooler week ahead with hopeful shop time.
                                ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X