Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey wanto

It ran at 2.2 amps and lasted only a couple of hours burning up the windings. BRB someone is here

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post

No I can't. The batteries run longer with each charge. My solar panels are connected to my lithium bank only. Nothing to do with the Carlos Benitez 4 battery setup shown in the YouTube video.
      You increase the capacitance of the batteries under certain conditions ABOVE the rated capacity. Seen it, done it. So have others.
      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post

You forgot one very amazing point about matties mtr. When it is timed and running at 1 to 2 amps 16v zapping batteries I can try to stop it with my hand putting a huge load on it and the amps don't climb. I know that means nothing to you but to me it means I can run a 20w generator minimu , for free. Why don't you ever talk a out that? Maybe you didn't do that test. Must be another galaxy? An extra scooter motor unmod. Should do the trick yet not even wanto did that test that I am aware of⁹
        You're right. I forgot about that. Only saw it a couple times anyway, at the beginning, because I rarely ever had a load on the motor. Mostly I used it for switching.
        “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
          run it through a boost module that allows you to recover 80%, then 80 watts goes into your second bank. 80 watts is 80% of the 100 watt input.

But the secondary of the boost module provides you with an ADDITIONAL 80 watts that can hit the battery.

Do you even have what you need to measure whether or not you are successful? Nope.
          But the secondary of the boost module provides you with an ADDITIONAL 80 watts that can hit the battery.
          okay so I need an isolated battery charger for that at 80%=60w not 80w
          So you hit the battery with TWO sources of 80 watts, Without a source of generation, you do not break even here.
          I never heard it like that before
          Hence the Matt motor, Bro, you don't believe it will work,
          I have never had an unmod mtr in the circuit so you are talking fantasy like running your house on one. This is earth. You are far to defensive. Yes you are correct I can't learn from you after 10 years, we are past that. I know you mean well.

Do you even have what you need to measure whether or not you are successful?
          evidentially not, I only follow your suggestions plus lead batteries are hard to charge and I have never found a 99% eff device such as a charger or booster. Maybe if I had lipo batteries I could try again. I know it will eventually break even after spending thousands. Then the next level another few thousand and i would be OU cop1.5? Who knows.
          Last edited by BroMikey; 07-23-2022, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• Hey wanto it is a 10" saw blade with 20 1/2 by 1" magnets and it ran on 1 coil off the generator burning out. This tiny mtr just doesn't have enough to run 2 amps better stay at 5-6"

Last edited by BroMikey; 07-23-2022, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
              Turion,
              I made a video per our conversation and the Matt motor still heats up.

Check it out if you get the time and appreciate any advice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0I9CXQ3phhQ

I think I didn't use the right wire. Mine was 20awg and only 1 strand rating 1.9amp max oops. You you used 23awg? x 3? = 2.2 amps
              see chart. Or did you use 21awg?

https://i.stack.imgur.com/QqXFg.png

Last edited by BroMikey; 07-23-2022, 02:44 AM.

Comment

• Here is a mini lenz free double coils like Dave's configuration. Interesting. Last year

Comment

• Motor than one way to get the extra

Comment

• This fella saw my video and was inspired to do some MadMack work 3 weeks ago

He needs shielding at the sticky point.

Last edited by BroMikey; 07-23-2022, 03:15 AM.

Comment

• Sav teaching his latest design of motor genny

sure is pretty work, everything machined

Last edited by BroMikey; 07-23-2022, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• Tesla's motor generator explained

Comment

• Batteries

Last edited by BroMikey; 07-23-2022, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• My lead acid nightmare's are over

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post

okay so I need an isolated battery charger for that at 80%=60w not 80w
                              So you hit the battery with TWO sources of 80 watts, Without a source of generation, you do not break even here.
                              I never heard it like that before
                              Hence the Matt motor, Bro, you don't believe it will work,
                              I have never had an unmod mtr in the circuit so you are talking fantasy like running your house on one. This is earth. You are far to defensive. Yes you are correct I can't learn from you after 10 years, we are past that. I know you mean well.

Do you even have what you need to measure whether or not you are successful?
                              evidentially not, I only follow your suggestions plus lead batteries are hard to charge and I have never found a 99% eff device such as a charger or booster. Maybe if I had lipo batteries I could try again. I know it will eventually break even after spending thousands. Then the next level another few thousand and i would be OU cop1.5? Who knows.
                              Bro,
                              Just to be clear, I was sharing to help wantomake with improving a system he ALREADY HAS RUNNING. I would NOT recommend anyone start NOW building that system. Ten years ago, when we were just figuring this stuff out, we brought it to the forum to get other people involved because we figured the more minds, the more creative ideas. What a waste of time THAT was, because very FEW actually did the work, and most just got mad and said it doesn't work. Yeah, we wasted some money and we led other people to waste some money, but that's what you DO when you are on the cutting edge of research. You make mistakes. Not everything works. But the principles we were sharing were ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. You just don't always get positive results for a variety of reasons we NOW understand. (Like turning the motor at the correct rpm to produce the frequency the battery DEMANDS, which is critical.) We didn't KNOW that back then. We got LUCKY. Not everyone did. What's worse, we didn't know WHY we were lucky, and there is no way to TEACH Lucky. When you stumble on something that works, all you can say is it works. What I LEARNED from all that was invaluable! Wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING. Never stopped once I saw what was possible. Kept looking for NEW ways to apply the principles that WORKED. STILL working with those concepts which is why I say my big generator is obsolete, and a WASTE of my time and money. But I will still complete that project.

Not everything works out. That doesn't mean the guiding principles were wrong. NOW, ten years later, I would never recommend ANYONE incur the expense of buying a razor scooter motor ($30.00) replace the bearings ($8.00) rewind it ($10.00 worth of wire and a whole lot of time.) Because now we know WHAT the modified Matt motor brings to the table. Were you paying attention? I have said it a NUMBER of times in the last few pages of posting. If you can't figure out a way to do it more PRECISELY and much CHEAPER, you need to take up a much different hobby. If you have no idea what I am talking about it is because you haven't done the bench work and have paid NO ATTENTION to what I have posted the last couple days.

By the way, my partners picked the NEW generator and the OLD generator up today. Taking it to the city where they will fine tune it and FINALLY have it tested. They want to get the old one up and running also. Having a new shaft made and new bearings. I am going to go on vacation to see my kids and grandkids, and they can deal with it for a while.

Comment

• Yes I agree, glad you said that, still I wanto try it again, I just got to busy. Have a good trip and that is great news with the old recreation. Also there is nothing to compare with a machined shaft and hub. Glad you got help, that's a lot of paceo"s
                                Last edited by BroMikey; 07-23-2022, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X