No announcement yet.

Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually had my stator drilled for NEW holes for the opposition magnets that allows them to be farther from the coils. They still line up with a 3/4" magnet on the rotor when the 1" magnet is aligned with the coil, but it is a magnet on the stator that is BETWEEN two coils rather than one that is directly out from the coil like spokes on a wheel. I picked up 3/4" more spacing between opposition magnets and the coils that way. I've made every change I can think of to limit magnetic interactions of any kind. Will glue the last two magnets in the rotor tomorrow, and let it dry for an hour or so before starting assembly. Should be up and running by Wednesday or Thursday.

I have another house project....building a shed under my deck, that I need to get done, so I am way busy right now. No rest for the weary,
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
      Should be up and running by Wednesday or Thursday.

I have another house project....building a shed under my deck, that I need to get done, so I am way busy right now. No rest for the weary,
      Have fun doing the cement and I know you love it. Keep up the good work. So you use 8 magnets to oppose 4 magnets counting the cores as magnets? Interesting, I'll have to think on it
      Last edited by BroMikey; 07-04-2022, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• I don't think that is correct.
        There are six coils on each side of the rotor, but because I have 10 magnets on the rotor, only four coils align with a rotor magnets at any point in time. (Two on each side of the rotor.) And only two magnets out on the rim of the rotor each align with two magnets on the stator (one on each side of the rotor) at that same point in time.

I have six coils on each side of the rotor.
        If I had 6, 12, 18, or 24 magnets on the rotor (and opposition magnets aligned correctly) all 12 coils would be attracted at the same time and all magnets in repulsion would act at the same time. But with 10 magnets, the spacing is different.
        Last edited by Turion; 07-04-2022, 11:52 PM.
        “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• I'm using the Matt modified motor to run with the Peter Lindemann (sp?) 4 battery switch setup, but I need to rewind the Matt motor and can't find the YouTube link.
          I know this is off subject on a holiday. Forgive me. But I'm still at it, just a little different project.
          Thanks in advance and be safe and Happy 4th!
          wantomake

​​​​​
          ​​​​​

Comment

• Wantomake, I think Matt pulled that YouTube link down. Not entirely sure. Here is the PDF. I do have a video Matt made, but not the series he made explaining how to wind the motor. At least I don't THINK I do. Am looking now. MJSCwriteup.pdf

Comment

• I play with magnets a lot that are cylinders. I don't know anything about disc magnets from testing. Here is what I found out testing the cylinders. Place a large powerful magnet out in the middle of the table. Next take the same size magnet in your hand and begin moving it around in a circle all of the way around the magnet in the center of the table. start at 18" and circle. move to 12" and circle keeping an eye on the free magnet. As you get in closer say 6-7 inch you will see the loose magnet move. Move in another inch and it will start moving in a circle with the magnet in your hand.

If you are using 1" X 1" magnets use an inch of rubber gym mat material to cover your magnets so as not to lose a finger. Another way is to have magnets on a fulcrum or rotor like MadMack suggested. My small magnets on the madmack setup would begin pulling toward one another within a 3-4" range. As the magnets get closer together you have time to pull you hand out of the way so the magnets don't crash into each other. This is a safer way to test large dangerous magnets.

I would venture to say it is impossible to set two 1" x 1" magnets together free standing at less than 3" before things get hazardous to human health
              Last edited by BroMikey; 07-05-2022, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• 30192BCA-8681-4142-A774-4D9B585350F7.jpeg 357CBF04-9D9C-47FF-9AAC-64C25D64F325.jpeg
                Had to abandon ship and run for the hills. The police invited us to leave immediately. I was going to roast a few hotdogs before I left.
                This is a picture of my neighbor’s house across the street. The orange cloud behind it is the fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                  30192BCA-8681-4142-A774-4D9B585350F7.jpeg 357CBF04-9D9C-47FF-9AAC-64C25D64F325.jpeg
                  Had to abandon ship and run for the hills. The police invited us to leave immediately. I was going to roast a few hotdogs before I left.
                  This is a picture of my neighbor’s house across the street. The orange cloud behind it is the fire.
                  Can you find out how bad it is? Are you driving to see if the house will be gone by morning? Are fire trucks coming? where would you go?

Comment

• Not allowed back into the area. 1,000 acres so far. The plateau we live on is surrounded on three sides by a river gorge, and the winds. down in that canyon tend to drive the fire right along the canyon floor until we are surrounded on all three sides. That's what happened last time. Then the fire burned right up the steep hill from the river down below until it burnt the back decks on some of the houses. That could happen to us with our new house. The one we sold was one street away from the canyon edge and a bit safer. But we were evacuated from that house six years ago too. We have security cameras we can monitor on my laptop and see what is going on. A. couple of them have remote motion adjustments, so we can point them across the street toward the fire, or up and down the street. We're staying at a B & B our neighbor owns until the all clear. He offered it for free, but we will definitely pay him. It's a great house and my mom and our two dogs are staying with us. If the houses both burn (ours and my mom's) we will figure it out when the time comes. No generator work for a while. If the generator burns up, I get to build a new one with the insurance money that is bigger and better. Silver lining.

Comment

• My 1" x 1" neodymium magnets come with spacers between them when shipped from the manufacturer. The first thing I do is slide them down a 1" piece of PVC pipe that is capped on one end, and I can duck tape a cap on the other end. If I need a magnet, I tip the pipe and let a single magnet slide out until I can push it sideways to break it loose from the other magnets. Then I will put it in a short piece of PVC that is capped on one end and I can hold in my fist. This allows me to maneuver the magnet around without actually touching the magnet itself. That is the safest way I know of dealing with them. I do the same thing with the 3/4" x 3/4" magnets, except I use a piece of 3/4" ID PVC pipe.

Comment

• Dude that's crazy over there, hope nobody chokes to death on all that nasty smoke. Smoke damage is there already.

The magnets are nothing to play with, like hitting your finger with a hammer, you can vomit now.

I took 20 lb cylinders and circled another on the table , not 200 lb sets.. I could get the free magnet to spin vigorously at 2 to 3 inches away.. l will make a guess that the big ones you have will spin free at 10 inches above. Shielding allows me to set them side by side without any crashing ceramic. Try that unshielded and you will endangering you limbs.

You must have found that out with that rotor you just built. Those babies are mighty close together. It must have been a beast getting them all in without any shake ups

You can put small pieces of steel on the adjacent magnets to lesson the pull when installing the next closest magnet
                        Last edited by BroMikey; 07-05-2022, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Turion,
                          Wow, hoping and believing for safety with your family and home.

Thanks for the pdf. Yes it seems Matt has taken everything off YouTube.
                          The one my1016 motor I have is wired correctly so I may be able to rewire ok.

Thanks and be safe.
                          Wantomake

Comment

• Just checked my driveway cam. At least I have a fire truck parked in my driveway. Not sure if that’s good or bad. Definitely no work on the generator until I am allowed back home. And I may get to start over if it’s a pile of slag.

5104AF39-277F-4898-9018-8611930D08A1.png
                            Last edited by Turion; 07-06-2022, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                              Turion,
                              Wow, hoping and believing for safety with your family and home.

Thanks for the pdf. Yes it seems Matt has taken everything off YouTube.
                              The one my1016 motor I have is wired correctly so I may be able to rewire ok.

Thanks and be safe.
                              Wantomake
                              I didn't do it, YT took them down because I didn't go through all my video's and approve or disapprove them for child viewing. They killed all my videos. Worst thing was they did not tell me too, or the consequences of not doing it. One day I seen a notice on what was left of my video's and the next day they were gone. Trust me it didn't happen to everyone. I wish I could help but I forgot everything and I am way to busy at the moment to problem solve. One day I'll get back to it, I have several motors I can back engineer. Aaron has one of the best ones I built, never heard any results of his experiment with it. Maybe you can twist his arm to get measurements for ya.
                              Matt
                              Last edited by Matthew Jones; 07-06-2022, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post

I didn't do it, YT took them down because I didn't go through all my video's and approve or disapprove them for child viewing. They killed all my videos. Worst thing was they did not tell me too, or the consequences of not doing it. One day I seen a notice on what was left of my video's and the next day they were gone. Trust me it didn't happen to everyone. I wish I could help but I forgot everything and I am way to busy at the moment to problem solve. One day I'll get back to it, I have several motors I can back engineer. Aaron has one of the best ones I built, never heard any results of his experiment with it. Maybe you can twist his arm to get measurements for ya.
                                Matt
                                Thanks,
                                I've several videos on yt but no problems about child viewing.

I thought I downloaded your vids as I saw them. Still looking on my laptop.

I'm using mine as a switch with the Carlos Benitez 4 battery switch. The two batts in parallel do charge up, but the my1016 modified motor heats up after 25~30 minutes. I'm not interesting in building large unit. I've a friend who's interested in electronics and energy production, so trying to learn a little. It's the same as Peter Lindemann setup with the four large DPDT switches minus PL's motor.
                                Want to rewire a second my1016 motor.

Thanks again for the post and hoping all is good with you.
                                wantomake

​​​​​
                                ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X