Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• part 3

same systems but 3 coils working instead of 2 coils

Note / adding a 3rd coil changed the input power needed. 2 coils only took 370watts no load condition and 3 coils needs 435watts which is a 65watt increase on the prime mover for a single coil. Never mind that during on load all 3 coils dropped input power by 120watts @ 90rpm faster

This occurs with conventional generators as well, the more coils you add the greater drag. The only diff is when the coils are on load.

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
    part2 for this other video below, the bench don't lie both video's used 2 coils only. In this test 50rpm increase with input reduction of 77watts @ 3.9amps coming thru the regenx coils

Last edited by BroMikey; 04-13-2022, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Which is why you need magnetic neutralization. Adding coils doesn’t cost you an additional 65 watts of input to the prime mover. And if a fourth coil was added to the machine above, it would be MORE than another 65 watts because the drag is compounded. Each coil you add slows the prime mover and lets the magnets be in attraction to the core for longer, which means EVERY coil now drags for longer than it did before. Each coil added let’s EVERY coil have an added negative effect on the prime mover.
      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Look on page one

https://www.whiteint.com.au/document...804531_500.pdf

He is max out at 400wat so yeah it would bog and increase radically. That is what you did. Change your motor so it does not run at 150% of it's capacity.

Thane should not run more than 2 coils to be super eff. Eff drops off when you abuse windings Dave

Stick to it, I'll keep you on track. That old scooter burned out at 36amps because it was max rated for 22amps and should have never been run past 17amps so yeah coils made it bog at 200%

https://cdn0.grizzly.com/manuals/w1840_m.pdf

use the big grinder here and maybe a 20w increase?
        Last edited by BroMikey; 04-13-2022, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• My small rotors are here. They will allow me to test several size (different diameter and different length) against my original 2” diameter by 1/4” thick magnets. Busy next couple days, but will get the testing done this week. And I have other plans for them when I am done with testing.

I made them to fit my small bench grinder I can control RPM with my Variac

8DBCA9AA-FEEC-4949-8403-407CA778F60D.jpeg
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Turion; 04-14-2022, 12:38 AM.
          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• You are better than I am. I got out to the Walmart for the first time in months. I am getting healed but my chest bone is still 60% broken or as the say 40% mended. It takes 12 weeks and this is my 5th week. And another 12 weeks to run again.

Those rotors look good. I'll bet (Like Thane) you would like more than one test rig for coils and cores. Thanes old 3" spools look like a ball of yarn while the new cores and coils are very tightly wound. Easy to say. Also each wind or loop is well ordered. No mistakes. The company that provides the proper core material also has state of the art multi-strand winding capabilities.

Each strand is tensioned and each wrap is added with precision. Easy to say.

Comment

• The guy I know winds those coils for Thane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                The guy I know winds those coils for Thane.
                But he can't tell much and he knows about the core material too. Did you see a few of Thane's in person demos where ALMOST hands the C coil to a guy but wont let it out of his hand? He doesn't want to have one come up missing.

It's a secret. You might sign another NDA and find out and if your friend tells you he might be charged. You can figure this out but I say the C core shape is the key to reducing coil size and increasing amperage. 5 amps is a huge difference.

The black box motor recovery is always on during demo's this is another secret
                Last edited by BroMikey; 04-14-2022, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• The C core allows for magnets on both ends of the core material at the same time. You can accomplish the same thing with dual rotors and not have to have your core material in that special “C”configuration. The C core might give even MORE output and might be better for OTHER reasons.

Magnets on both ends of the coils seem to “trap” the flux between the magnets causing the coils to output more. I have seen it with both motor and generator coils in a dual rotor machine. My very FIRST generator build was dual rotor. I may end up going back to that configuration, and if I do, it will be a 3 rotor machine so I can have two sets of coils with a rotor between each set and rotors on both ends. But I will make that decision when I finish the testing I am doing now. Current testing will definitely include rotors on both ends of the coils with this new core material.
                  Last edited by Turion; 04-14-2022, 06:37 PM.

Comment

The C core allows for magnets on both ends of the core material at the same time.

The C core might give even MORE output and might be better for OTHER reasons.

Current testing will definitely include rotors on both ends ..
                    I don't know why that is. I have not built more than 1 C core coil.

Check out the coils and how the new coil is viewed. He shows a 66amp coil but that is the pulsed value when motoring but then the same coil has 7 other functions. C core coils. One C core goes on each side of a rotor and one goes on only one side of the rotor which requires a n and s magnet on each end meaning 2 magnet are skipped.

This video is about a trifilar coil

Comment

• I watched the video. I understand everything Thane is talking about, and it all fits what I know about how these kinds of coils can operate. And from what I saw, it could be done with rotors on both ends of the coil rather than a C core. But I will have to try it to be sure. I hear 66 amps, but that is a pulse, and no mention of volts. Amps without volts or volts without amps mean nothing to me, as either is easy to do. It is the combination of BOTH that is meaningful. I also hear that of the three coils, two require a specific frequency to work as claimed. With a motorcycle that speeds up and slows down, traveling in the correct frequency range for operation of those coils is very iffy, which is probably why we haven't yet seen a Thane bike on the road. Maintaining the correct frequency of rotation is a heck of a lot easier in the lab than it is in real world stop and go situations. That "black box" is his computer that can monitor what is going on in the coils and decide whether to add them to or exclude them from the circuit based on the rpm at which the vehicle is turning the wheel. And his coil which requires no electrical input to provide acceleration is simply using transformer action for increased mechanical power, or "flux harvesting" to produce electricity depending on the situation. Pretty ingenious to design all that into one coil.

One of the things Matt said, and I saw when I built his simple motor, is that when the magnetic field is contained in the coil between two rotor magnets, or in Thane's case, in a "C" core, the spike you get from coil collapse is TREMENDOUS. Matt's setup doesn't even WORK with one rotor. So as a motor, and as a generator, Matt had to have rotors on both ends to produce torque AND to capture the high voltage spike from coil collapse, which can be turned into amperage by the right capacitor, or can charge the second battery faster than the first battery runs down.

From what I know about these coils, and from what Thane said in the video about WHEN his coils work and DON'T work, there is only a certain range of operation (range of speed) where everything works the way it should. Outside of that range, these become ordinary coils. I wonder if he knows how to make them work at all different ranges of speed? Doesn't sound like it from the video. That's a problem. Running a generator is easy, because you can run at constant RPM, but then you don't NEED all the fancy things these coils provide. To run a bike or a car, with variable speeds, you do. And I'm willing to bet that he is still having problems with that variable. Until he solves that problem, we aren't going to see a bike that will run forever from Thane, even though it WILL get extended run times on a charge. Cool stuff!

Comment

• YES YOU ARE A VERY KNOWLEDGABLE PERSON ON THE SUBJECT.

Here is an 8 year old video starting at 130rpm then 600rpm then going down to 350rpm

Be patient and pick over this short video. It answers your question above. It's a beginning
                        He is using only three coils but I think this old design had dual rotors as you mentioned 1/2" gaps yet it works.

Listen to the message about the flyback switch then he calls it a motor switch it ain't that hard to collect.

Did you hear him say "all coming from the batteries"? Because Thane is using a variac people assume it's ac from the wall. It is not ac from the wall. It's part of his flyback motor switch. It is pulse DC not AC

Last edited by BroMikey; 04-15-2022, 03:21 AM.

Comment

• That fly back/motor switch sounds a lot like the circuit Matt has for the simple motor. It fires the motor while at the same time sending the coil collapse to the charge battery. I will watch the video when I get a chance. It doesn’t play on my iPhone but will on my laptop. Both are Apple products.

Comment

• I just watched it again. There are 6 to 8 segments of many tests. Can you imagine his frustration in delivering such a complicated array of tests that are well over the heads of most.

Very few people will perceive all of the intricate details given. I have watched this video for years and still picking up more from it.

Comment

That fly back/motor switch sounds a lot like the circuit Matt has for the simple motor. It fires the motor while at the same time sending the coil collapse to the charge battery.
                              This is how you start

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post

Did you hear him say "all coming from the batteries"? Because Thane is using a variac people assume it's ac from the wall. It is not ac from the wall. It's part of his flyback motor switch. It is pulse DC not AC

If he is using a Variac as you say, A Variac runs on AC. Flyback would be AC, but would provide no amps without a capacitor bank to convert voltage to amps, and there would BE no flyback until the machine was already running and up to speed. I don’t see a capacitor bank if there is one. And he would have to have the output of the cap bank regulated or he would blow up the Variac. If it is all coming from the batteries and it is, as you stated, pulsed DC, then he is either running an inverter on his batteries in order to provide the Variac with AC power to produce high voltage AC which he then puts through a bridge rectifier to get DC which he runs through a pulsing circuit to get pulsed DC, or he has several batteries connected in series and is pulsing high voltage DC to the Variac to mimic 110v AC to run it in order to produce 110 V AC output. Why bother with the Variac when you already have the batteries mimicking 110 v AC

Too many losses in those setups.

The first step would be to eliminate the Variac and use the 110 v AC provided by the simple inverter. Run THAT through a bridge rectifier to get high voltage DC and then pulse it. No Variac needed. Saves a step.

I’m betting he IS running a Variac from the wall but believes his output is much greater than his input.

input is 5 amps at 40 volts, and did he say to EACH of the coils or to all the coils in total?
                                Last edited by Turion; 04-15-2022, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X